Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. - Culture (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (245346 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? / Who Is An Igbo/what Makes Someone An Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (111) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by odumchi: 4:36am On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:

It could have been a case of blanket targeting everyone from the east by claiming they were all igbos. Now out of curiosity, you did not mention the people of the midwest been targeted after the counter coup, so why were they not targeted as well?.

I don't know much about that. What I do know is that after the overthrow of Aguiyi-Ironsi's government, people started murdering Igbos (from both sides of the Niger) throughout Nigeria and the government turned a blind eye. I'm not even in this debate. I just had to say something about that disturbing statement you made. For the meantime, I'm still making my way through Chinua Achebe's "There Was A Country"...
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:

What do you lose if you regard yourself as an anioma and not igbo? why was anioma not included in biafra?.
How could they have been part of Biafra if they were not in the eastern region. Contrary to what a lot of people think, Biafra was not an Igbo creation. It's just because Igbos made up the majority of the eastern region, so people equated Biafra and Igbo. All Igbos musn't be in one country. There's nothing that says Anioma people must be in the same country with their brothers from across the NIger but they'll always remain Igbos even if they join Burkina-Faso. Always learn to differentiate between a an ethnic group from a country.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 8:37am On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:

It could have been a case of blanket targeting everyone from the east by claiming they were all igbos. Now out of curiosity, you did not mention the people of the midwest been targeted after the counter coup, so why were they not targeted as well?.
I don't think u hve ny idea bout the civil war! Cos ur assertions n identity crises wouldn't be existent! In summary the delta abi na bendel igbos are the very reason we suffered genocide COS WE DIDN'T DENY THEM! So those saboteurs amongst them claimn ika r quite foolish! They simply don't undstand the power in nmbers, while hausa fulanz r addn goats cows n sheep to their populace these clowns r reducn our nmbas
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2013
finally this crazy debate has clocked 100 pages. all filled with igbo propaganda of claims.
reducing numbers indeed, selfishness has always been the bane of this agitation.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2013
sonya4all: finally this crazy debate has clocked 100 pages. all filled with igbo propaganda of claims.
reducing numbers indeed, selfishness has always been the bane of this agitation.

People like you make me feel bad that our grandparents did not join other Nigerians to wipe you people off after killing off Nigerian leaders and causing problems for the larger Igbo. Igbos were stupid to accept you people as one of them and suffer genocide for your sake. You deserve to die bitter death.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
odumchi:

I don't know much about that. What I do know is that after the overthrow of Aguiyi-Ironsi's government, people started murdering Igbos (from both sides of the Niger) throughout Nigeria and the government turned a blind eye. I'm not even in this debate. I just had to say something about that disturbing statement you made. For the meantime, I'm still making my way through Chinua Achebe's "There Was A Country"...

Please i would like to clarify the disturbing statement for you if you don't mind as i don't know what part of my statement was disturbing to you. The events of the past were very terrible and as you said Igbos from both sides of the Niger were killed but some were left out when Biafra was declared. We always have to look back and ask questions, no Anioma here has anything against Igbos but when you try to impose yourself on people then it doesn't go down well. The logic i was trying to establish here is that if Aniomas were not part of Biafra in 1967, then it is not compulsory for them to be lumped with Igbos of the southeast in 2013, all Germanic speaking people do not live in Germany.

Afam4eva:
How could they have been part of Biafra if they were not in the eastern region. Contrary to what a lot of people think, Biafra was not an Igbo creation. It's just because Igbos made up the majority of the eastern region, so people equated Biafra and Igbo. All Igbos musn't be in one country. There's nothing that says Anioma people must be in the same country with their brothers from across the NIger but they'll always remain Igbos even if they join Burkina-Faso. Always learn to differentiate between a an ethnic group from a country.

So in essence Anioma got nothing to do with the focus of southeast Igbos during the secession of eastern Nigeria in 1967, so why are you loosing sleep over them in 2013?. If you really understood the position of the pro Aniomas from page 1 to 100 then you would know that one of the most important thing for us is not to be in the same state, region, zone or country with you people. We care less if we are eventually called german igbos, aniomas or dubai igbos.

sonya4all: finally this crazy debate has clocked 100 pages. all filled with igbo propaganda of claims.

It has always been mostly about the numbers, resources and land, we see through it even if they deny it till tomorrow.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 4:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:
So in essence Anioma got nothing to do with the focus of southeast Igbos during the secession of eastern Nigeria in 1967, so why are you loosing sleep over them in 2013?. If you really understood the position of the pro Aniomas from page 1 to 100 then you would know that one of the most important thing for us is not to be in the same state, region, zone or country with you people. We care less if we are eventually called german igbos, aniomas or dubai igbos.

How does Secession of the former eastern region which is a political movement got to do with Igbo, the cultural group. Even though they seem like inseparable siamese twins, they can be independent of each other. And you also mustn't be in the same region with Igbos even in Nigeria but that won't change your cultural makeup. That's what this thread aims at highlighting and not whether Anioma should be merged with the South-East...It's also imperative to note that just as you're not a fan of being called Igbo, a huge number of Delta-Igbos are also not disposed to being called Anioma and a lot of them just like someone i met during the week doesn't even know that a word like "Anioma" exists and he's from Ogwashi-uku. Anioma will continue being what it was created for and that is to unite the Igbo speaking people of Delta state and it will never and i repeat, never be regarded as an ethnic group.

Pharoh:
It has always been mostly about the numbers, resources and land, we see through it even if they deny it till tomorrow.

I'm tey to understand how Igbos in the South-East will manage to take the land and resources of the Anioma people like you guys have been positing. Is there an event that you can point me to? Because this seems like a lie that has gone for too long and is beginning to sound like the truth because it has not been challenged. Tell me how other South-East Igbos have managed to share the minute oil resources in Imo and Abia state? Have Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi beiing getting allocations based on the oil in Abia? Are these states members of NDDC due to the fact that their fellow Igbos are NDDC members? I hope you throw more light to this issue about land and resources grabbing and cite examples of how it has happened in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2013
Afam4ever:
How does Secession of the former eastern region which is a political movement got to do with Igbo, the cultural group. Even though they seem like inseparable siamese twins, they can be independent of each other. And you also mustn't be in the same region with Igbos even in Nigeria but that won't change your cultural makeup. That's what this thread aims at highlighting and not whether Anioma should be merged with the South-East...It's also imperative to note that just as you're not a fan of being called Igbo, a huge number of Delta-Igbos are also not disposed to being called Anioma and a lot of them just like someone i met during the week doesn't even know that a word like "Anioma" exists and he's from Ogwashi-uku. Anioma will continue being what it was created for and that is to unite the Igbo speaking people of Delta state and it will never and i repeat, never be regarded as an ethnic group.

You don't decide the destiny of any group of people, they decide it themselves and we are whatever we refer ourselves to be. At the end of the day those who want to be called Igbo will have to go their own way and those who do not want to be referred to as Igbos will go their own way as well.

Afam4ever:
I'm tey to understand how Igbos in the South-East will manage to take the land and resources of the Anioma people like you guys have been positing. Is there an event that you can point me to? Because this seems like a lie that has gone for too long and is beginning to sound like the truth because it has not been challenged. Tell me how other South-East Igbos have managed to share the minute oil resources in Imo and Abia state? Have Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi beiing getting allocations based on the oil in Abia? Are these states members of NDDC due to the fact that their fellow Igbos are NDDC members? I hope you throw more light to this issue about land and resources grabbing and cite examples of how it has happened in the past.

You do not understand our issues concerning this topic so i will just leave it as it is and not bring it up for discussion with you.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Afam4eva(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:

You don't decide the destiny of any group of people, they decide it themselves and we are whatever we refer ourselves to be. At the end of the day those who want to be called Igbo will have to go their own way and those who do not want to be referred to as Igbos will go their own way as well.

Also, speak for yourself and not for the entire Anioma like you've been doing. You're not Igbo. All well and good but pls don't speak for other people.

Pharoh:
You do not understand our issues concerning this topic so i will just leave it as it is and not bring it up for discussion with you.

If you were not going to educate us of how Igbos have been rubbing Delta-Igbos then why did you bring it up. Except of course it's one of those lies that people tell to give their Igbo denial some credibility.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
abagoro:

Legbo is also called Igbo by locals but is not exactly same as Igbo of Southeast. The issue here is that Ikwo people of Ebonyi can understand Legbo while Legbo people understand Ikwo and they share same names and traditions as a result of long interaction. The creation of ethnic groups by Europeans led to the definition of boundary between these two brothers and there has never been peace since then. Legbo is related to Ekoi who are also the source of origin of many Igbo communities while Ikwo is Igbo.

DID U STUDY LOGIC IN UNIVERSITY, U JUST DONT MAKE SENSE, LEGBO ARE CALLED IGBO BUT THEY ARE NOT EXACTLY SAME IGBO, BUT UNDERSTAND IKWO AND SHARE NAMES.... BUT THESE TWO BROTHERS ..... WHILE UKWO IS IGBO LEGBO IS NOT IGBO.

MEN THIS GUY IS DAFT,STUPID AND AN slowpoke. THIS IS HEIGHT OF ILLOGICALITY
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
WE ALL KNOW OURSELVES AND WE DO KNOW ANYTHING FROM IGBO AKIRI THAT WAS RENAMED IGBANKE TO UKWUANI NAMED KWALE TO IGBO BI NUZOR NAMED IBUZO TO IGWE OCHA KNOW AS PORT HARCOURT TO NGWA TO ARO CHUKWU TO ABAKILIKI TO OBELE AFOR ARE IGBO TERROTERIES SO I THINK ITS WISE TO IGNORE SONS OF REFUGEES FROM BENIN..... WE ARE NOT ARGUING THE FACT THAT WE HAVE IMMIGRANT WE HAVE WANTED TO ASSIMILATE THEM AND WIPE OUT THEIR IGNOBLE SERVITUDE HISTORY BUT PEOPLE LIKE AGBONTEA STILL WANTS US TO TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT SONS OF SOIL.

HE IS A SON OF A BENIN REFUGEE AND MAYBE EXILED FELON, THAT WE DO NOT ARGUE BUT MIND YOU THAT YOU CAN PLAY OSTRICH BY PUTTING OR BURING YOUR HEAD IN THE SANDS WHEN THERE IS SANDSTORM BUT IF YOU ARE NOT CAREFUL..... THE SAND STORM AND IKUKU WILL CARRY YOU.

I HAVE TOLD YOU OVER AND OVER ... DO NOT TALK FOR OTHERS BUT YOURSELF. WHERE I STAY IN LAGOS,, THE HOUSE IS OWNED BY A YORUBA, MY WIFE AN UKWUANI WOMAN, MY NEIGBOUR AND IMO MN BUT MARRIED AN ILLAH WOMAN WHILE THE OTHER ONE IS AN ASABA MAN BUT MARRIED ANAMBRA MAN ... THE LAST IS AN IGBANKE WOMAN. WE SPEAK IGBO AND YORUBA LANDLORD CALLS US OMO IGBO.... THEY SAY THE COMPOUND IS AN IGBO COMPOUND OUT OF SIX FLATS WE RENTED 4, SO WHO IS REAL IGBO HERE AND IKA .... IS IT THE IGBANKE WOMAN OR IS KWALE WOMAN NOT IGBO OR IS ILLAH WOMAN ANIOMA NOT IGBO..... WHEN PEOPLE TALK THEY SHOULD TAKE SURVEY

GO ASK AN AVERAGE URHOBO,ISHAN AND IJAW WHICH TRIBE IS AGBOR, THEN COME BACK AND MAKE SPURIOUS CLAIMS HERE.

WE KNOW U ARE A DESCENDANT OF EITHER A MIGRANT OR SLAVE FROM EDO STATE THAT WE GAVE REFUGEE, JUST THAT THAT GENETIC THREAT OF SEEING IGBOS IN AWE AND BEEN AFRAID IS STILL IN YOU. WELL ITS NORMAL, THAT IS DOMINANT IN YOUR GENES. AGBONTEA..... PLS GO BACK TO BENIN THREAD AND GET A RED CARPET RECEPTION.

IGBOS ARE UNITED, JUST COME TO LAGOS, ABUJA ETC SPEAK IGBO AND WE ACCEPT EACH OTHER, WEATHER YOUR AN IKA MAN, OWERRI MAN, NNEWI MAN, IZZA ,AM, ETCHE MAN,IKWERRE MAN, NKWERRE MAN OR ORLU MAN... WE ARE ALL IGBOS OK.

AGBONTEA YOU HAVE A WHOLE NIGERIA TO CONVINCE AND THE WORLD ALSO, EVEN YOUR NEIGHBOUR THAT ARE EDOS THAT YOU ARE NOT IGBO.... THEY KNOW THAT YOU LIE AND A FAIR WEATHER MAN.

EWU BENIN, EZI RING ROAD,ATURU OVWIE EDO

UDO DIRI UMU IGBO. I JUST DONT KNOW WHY , I AM TOO PROUD TO BE IGBO, THAT CAN DO SPIRIT, RESILLIENCE SPIRIT AND ABOVE ALL CONFIDENCE AND NDEPENDENT SPIRIT IS WHAT MY CULTURE BEQUEAT AND GAVE ME. I WILL FOREVER BE GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR CREATING ME IGBO.

OGAU IGBO MMA
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Abagworo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
tonychristopher:

DID U STUDY LOGIC IN UNIVERSITY, U JUST DONT MAKE SENSE, LEGBO ARE CALLED IGBO BUT THEY ARE NOT EXACTLY SAME IGBO, BUT UNDERSTAND IKWO AND SHARE NAMES.... BUT THESE TWO BROTHERS ..... WHILE UKWO IS IGBO LEGBO IS NOT IGBO.

MEN THIS GUY IS DAFT,STUPID AND AN slowpoke. THIS IS HEIGHT OF ILLOGICALITY

Maybe you have refused to understand because of lack of wisdom. If not that the Europeans lumped Ikwo into the Igbo tag, they have every quality of distinct ethnic identity. Legbo is not Igbo. "Imoke" for example is a Legbo and Ikwo name but not an Igbo name. You can find Ebonyians going by Imoke as a name but its impossible to find it in Anambra or Imo States. Okay what is the meaning of Imoke in your Igbo?

Ethnologue

Legbo
A language of Nigeria

Alternate NamesAgbo, Gbo, Igbo, Imaban, Itigidi, Leggbo
Population
60,000 (1989).

Cross River State, Obubra LGA; Ebonyi State, Afikpo LGA.
ClassificationNiger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Cross River, Delta Cross, Upper Cross, Central, East-West, Mbembe-Legbo, Legbo

Ikwo
A language of Nigeria

Population
260,000 (2012 SIL).

Ebonyi State, Ikwo LGA; Cross River State, Obubura and Abi LGAs.

ClassificationNiger-Congo, Atlantic-Congo, Volta-Congo, Benue-Congo, Igboid, Igbo

Dialects
Similar to Igbo [ibo].

I hope you can understand the intermingling from my post above.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Pharoh:

what ever ur issues are, iz def clueless. What I really hate is the fact u saboteurs caused us to go to war! We lost eeryfing we had includn our social status n ediats like u hve the guts to come n spk such treachery! Why the hell dnt u ppl jes stop answern our names n cultural values.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
revolt: what ever ur issues are, iz def clueless. What I really hate is the fact u saboteurs caused us to go to war! We lost eeryfing we had includn our social status n ediats like u hve the guts to come n spk such treachery! Why the hell dnt u ppl jes stop answern our names n cultural values.

The coup was not an isolated event so go find out the actions of the three major tribes that led to the coup and also the coup was planned by soldiers from different part of the country so take your rants and shove it up your ass.

Afam4ever:
Also, speak for yourself and not for the entire Anioma like you've been doing. You're not Igbo. All well and good but pls don't speak for other people.

I will do that when you and your cohorts also mind your business and stop speaking for the entire people of delta north so physician heal thyself first.

Afam4ever:
If you were not going to educate us of how Igbos have been rubbing Delta-Igbos then why did you bring it up. Except of course it's one of those lies that people tell to give their Igbo denial some credibility.

We know what we know and we will keep it to ourselves as long as we recognize it and secretly plan to secure our future.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by ChinenyeN(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Do any of you ever enter these discussions with the intention to learn and share, or do you simply come to argue over the mistakes of our uncles and fathers?

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
What nonsense., @ ABAGWORO,,your father's dieing for us??, you know the best thing for you to do if you feel so bad is just take a shot of SNIPER POISON and end your miserable life,
Good enough the national dialogue is coming, Im wondering what you and your fellow igbons would do when the outcome starts manifesting.
It's obvious that most of these igbo guys know nothing about the history of ika, hence they come here to learn indirectly, instead of asking politely to be enlightened, But no it has always been the igbo man's way to argue blindly.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by revolt(m): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2013
Pharoh:

The coup was not an isolated event so go find out the actions of the three major tribes that led to the coup and also the coup was planned by soldiers from different part of the country so take your rants and shove it up your ass.

I will do that when you and your cohorts also mind your business and stop speaking for the entire people of delta north so physician heal thyself first.

We know what we know and we will keep it to ourselves as long as we recognize it and secretly plan to secure our future.
the coup was planned by all but till today its known tht the igbos faced the brunt of una actions! You come out here to talk rubbish. As for how we steal or plan to steal ur lands, thts shows how stupi ur fnkn faculty can get, kindly tell me if uve heard of ny acquired igboland tht wasn't paid for! Atleast I can point izon fulani yorobs etc tht acquired lands as war bOoty. I dare u to mention any igbo intrusions any. Even the scums of igboland nvr think of grabbn land without Payn. Stop spreadn stupid lies bout us! What's ure name sef? I'm guessn sompn emekaish or ucheish, confused ppl
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Pharoh: 10:25am On Oct 25, 2013
revolt: the coup was planned by all but till today its known tht the igbos faced the brunt of una actions! You come out here to talk rubbish. As for how we steal or plan to steal ur lands, thts shows how stupi ur fnkn faculty can get, kindly tell me if uve heard of ny acquired igboland tht wasn't paid for! Atleast I can point izon fulani yorobs etc tht acquired lands as war bOoty. I dare u to mention any igbo intrusions any. Even the scums of igboland nvr think of grabbn land without Payn. Stop spreadn stupid lies bout us! What's ure name sef? I'm guessn sompn emekaish or ucheish, confused ppl

Concern yourself about your own actions that caused your predicament and stop focusing on others. If you are not a compound fool then tell me where i said Igbos wants to grab the land of other people. This is my original statement below and point out to me clearly where i said it was about grabbing land or your IQ is so low that it was the only logical thing that you can process from my statement.

"It has always been mostly about the numbers, resources and land, we see through it even if they deny it till tomorrow."
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2013
WHEN PEOPLE LIKE AGBONTEA PARROT, IT BAFFLES ME, NOW LOOK AT CIVIL WAR, CAUSED BY OUR BROTHERS IN DELTA, DID WE DENY THEM? NO, WE BACKED THEM FOUGHT FOR THEM AND DIED FOR THEM. THEY TAGGGED THE COUP, IGBO COUP

FASTFORWARD TO THE PRESENT DAY, WHEN NGOZI MOTHER WAS KIDNAPPED AND FOUND IN(KWALE OR UKWUANI) WHAT THEY SAID IS IGBO ARE KIDNAPPING, DID WE DENY OUR OWN FROM THE KWALE, WE DIDNT

UMUNNE M, GENU NTI

PRESENT DAY. STELLA ODUA(MINISTER AN IGBO LADY FROM ABOH) IN DELTA NOT ABOH IN IMO STATE OR ANAMBRA IS IN A MESS AND THEY ARE SAYING NOW THAT IGBO WOMEN HAS BEEN MAKING AVIATION SECTOR UNFLYABLE . GUESS WHO IS DEFENDING HER PRESENTLY. IT IS AKA IKENGA AND IGBO YOUTHS MOVEMENTS. WHERE ARE THE ANIOMA TRIBES ... WE KNOW OUR BRIOTHERS AND WE FIGHT AND DEFEND THEM COS NWANNE DI NA MBA.

PEOPLE LIKE SONY4ALL AND AGBONTEA HASNT NOT SEE THIS. WE WILL NOT WANT TO DECLASSIFY IKA ESPECIALLY AGBORS, COS IF WE DO SO, THE SITUATION OF IGBANKE WILL BE URS.

OFU AKA RUTA MMANU OZU ORA ONU.

AGWA OMALA, OMALU, AGWA OFEKE, OFEBE ISI NA OHIA

STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE

GBADO ANYA
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2013
WHEN PEOPLE LIKE AGBONTEA PARROT, IT BAFFLES ME, NOW LOOK AT CIVIL WAR, CAUSED BY OUR BROTHERS IN DELTA, DID WE DENY THEM? NO, WE BACKED THEM FOUGHT FOR THEM AND DIED FOR THEM. THEY TAGGGED THE COUP, IGBO COUP

FASTFORWARD TO THE PRESENT DAY, WHEN NGOZI MOTHER WAS KIDNAPPED AND FOUND IN(KWALE OR UKWUANI) WHAT THEY SAID IS IGBO ARE KIDNAPPING, DID WE DENY OUR OWN FROM THE KWALE, WE DIDNT

UMUNNE M, GENU NTI

PRESENT DAY. STELLA ODUA(MINISTER AN IGBO LADY FROM ABOH) IN DELTA NOT ABOH IN IMO STATE OR ANAMBRA IS IN A MESS AND THEY ARE SAYING NOW THAT IGBO WOMEN HAS BEEN MAKING AVIATION SECTOR UNFLYABLE . GUESS WHO IS DEFENDING HER PRESENTLY. IT IS AKA IKENGA AND IGBO YOUTHS MOVEMENTS. WHERE ARE THE ANIOMA TRIBES ... WE KNOW OUR BRIOTHERS AND WE FIGHT AND DEFEND THEM COS NWANNE DI NA MBA.

PEOPLE LIKE SONY4ALL AND AGBONTEA HASNT NOT SEE THIS. WE WILL NOT WANT TO DECLASSIFY IKA ESPECIALLY AGBORS, COS IF WE DO SO, THE SITUATION OF IGBANKE WILL BE URS.

STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE

GBADO ANYA

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2013
tonychristopher: WHEN PEOPLE LIKE AGBONTEA PARROT, IT BAFFLES ME, NOW LOOK AT CIVIL WAR, CAUSED BY OUR BROTHERS IN DELTA, DID WE DENY THEM? NO, WE BACKED THEM FOUGHT FOR THEM AND DIED FOR THEM. THEY TAGGGED THE COUP, IGBO COUP

UMUNNE M, GENU NTI

STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE

GBADO ANYA

Stella Oduah is actually from Atani, Ogbaru, Anambra. But I do get your point. Our Delta kin have always insisted that Ogbaru is part of Anioma.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:53am On Oct 25, 2013
sonya4all: What nonsense., @ ABAGWORO,,your father's dieing for us??, you know the best thing for you to do if you feel so bad is just take a shot of SNIPER POISON and end your miserable life,
Good enough the national dialogue is coming, Im wondering what you and your fellow igbons would do when the outcome starts manifesting.
It's obvious that most of these igbo guys know nothing about the history of ika, hence they come here to learn indirectly, instead of asking politely to be enlightened, But no it has always been the igbo man's way to argue blindly.

YOU DONT TALK FOR THE WHOLE AGBOR OR IKA JUST TALK FOR YOURSELF. A MONKEY SAID THAT HE CAN VOUCH FOR THE CHILD IN HER STOMACH NOT THE ONE SHE IS CARRYING.

WE KNOW THAT WE HAVE SONS OF SLAVES, REFUGEES,IMMIGRANTS AND FELONS EXILED FROM EDO IN IKA LAND. THAT IS NOT DEBATABLE AND I KNOW YOU ARE ONE BUT WE STILL DO HAVE SONS OF SOIL. DELTA STATE DOESNT RECOGNISE YOU AS A TRIBE, NIGERIA DOESNT RECOGNISE YOU AS A TRIBE, WOLD AND WIKIPEADIA DOESNT EITHER, AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORST YOU DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR SELF. THIS IS WHAT WE CALL IDENTITY CRISIS. A CASE STUDY IS YOURS AND PEOPLE LIKE U

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Radoillo:

Stella Oduah is actually from Atani, Ogbaru, Anambra. But I do get your point. Our Delta kin have always insisted that Ogbaru is part of Anioma.

THE QUESTION IS , WHERE IS ANIOMA AND IS IT A TRIBE. ANIOMA IS A DAMN ACRONYM FORGED AND FORMED BY ONE DENIS OSADEBEY, HOW CAN WE SAY ITS A TRIBE. TUFIAKWA

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by bigfrancis21: 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
tonychristopher: WHEN PEOPLE LIKE AGBONTEA PARROT, IT BAFFLES ME, NOW LOOK AT CIVIL WAR, CAUSED BY OUR BROTHERS IN DELTA, DID WE DENY THEM? NO, WE BACKED THEM FOUGHT FOR THEM AND DIED FOR THEM. THEY TAGGGED THE COUP, IGBO COUP

UMUNNE M, GENU NTI

STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE

GBADO ANYA

I remember when Ngozi's mother was kidnapped in Delta state, and people and news carried it that it was the kidnappers were Ika Igbos. I still remember that event clearly. Their nearby Edo neighbours also called them Ika Ibos. The Ikas play second fiddle to the Edos and want to be seen as Binis but when the chips are down, they are quickly reminded of their true identity.

The other time, some nairalanders were accusing Igbo universities to be promoters of exam malpractice and corruption and when we asked him which university in particular? You know the university he mentioned? University of Port-Harcourt, Choba. He went on to mention how he witnessed exam malpractice at the university during a post-ume exam he wrote there. He saw the university located right in the heart of Ikwerre land as an Igbo university and funny enough the Igbos on the forum didn't deny the Ikwerre or drop comments like 'Ikwerre no be Igbo' so as to disassociate themselves from the stigma attached to UNIPORT. The Igbos were, instead, defending UNIPORT.

More and more Rivers and Delta Igbos are gradually coming back into the greater Igbo fold, as can be seen in their people heading pan-Igbo groups such as Aka Ikenga, Ohaneze, etc, and SE Igbo are welcoming them with open arms like prodigal children.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Radoillo:

I think she is from Akiri Ozizor town in Ogbaru. You are right, Ogbaru people are of Anioma stock, and Akri people were the aborigenes of Aboh before they were defeated by the abohs and forced to cross the niger to inhabit their present location inAkri ozizor,Akri ogidi and Akri Atani( now Atani), so she definitely have an Aboh connection if she is from Akri Ozizor like i suspect she is.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by pazienza(m): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
Akri story is of interest to me, cos one of their towns is called Akri Ogidi, and my town in Idemili is called Ogidi, we have no history of blood relationship with our neighbours in Idemili, we met them all here. I am always wondering if there is a connection between akri people and my people in Ogidi? Could we have been part of akri in the distant past, Ogidi can't trace it's history past ezechumuagha who was the father of Ogidi, after which my town was named. No one knows exactly where ezechumagha came from, could it be that ezechumagha was an akri man?

I can't seem to find much on akri history online.
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2013
@CHRISTOPHER, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A STUPID BOY, I THOUGHT ODUAH IS FROM DELTA STATE.? THAT'S HOW YOU COME HERE AND SPREAD LIES, WITH YOUR FELLOW FOOLISH IGBONS.... BROTHER'S KEEPER INDEED. ANU..
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2013
sonya4all: @CHRISTOPHER, YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY A STUPID BOY, I THOUGHT ODUAH IS FROM DELTA STATE.? THAT'S HOW YOU COME HERE AND SPREAD LIES, WITH YOUR FELLOW FOOLISH IGBONS.... BROTHER'S KEEPER INDEED. ANU..

I am done with you. you are incorrigible and shows height of foolery. give me just one credible reference buttresing your point that IKA aint igbo. I will believe you.

EDUCATION IS WASTED ON YOUR TYPE. GO DO SIMPLE RESEARCH AND COME BACK.I HAVE GIVEN YOU TONS AND KILOS OF REFERENCES EVEN FROM IKA SITE. BUT YOU ARE BUSY PARROTING HERE. BUT CAN'T TARROT FOR IKAS MIND YOU.

BENIN SLAVE REFUGEE DESCENT MAD DOG. GOT SERVITUDE IN YOUR GENES.U LOOK IGBO IN AWE

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by tonychristopher: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2013
pazienza: Akri story is of interest to me, cos one of their towns is called Akri Ogidi, and my town in Idemili is called Ogidi, we have no history of blood relationship with our neighbours in Idemili, we met them all here. I am always wondering if there is a connection between akri people and my people in Ogidi? Could we have been part of akri in the distant past, Ogidi can't trace it's history past ezechumuagha who was the father of Ogidi, after which my town was named. No one knows exactly where ezechumagha came from, could it be that ezechumagha was an akri man?

I can't seem to find much on akri history online.

but some idiotic fellows said here that the word akiri ain't igbo. thank lord that you are disposing and distracting ,disgracing,disproving. the likes of sun4small and agbonteanu.

igbo akiri now known as igbanke is the word IGBO AKIRI igbo? pls I am interested just like the word igbodo,aboh,onitsha,owere, and alidnma are they igbo words.or will Benin found a town and give it igbo word. what is the meaning.of the word IKA

hapu NDI anumanu si ani ado Bia. NDI obala ojoo

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
your ignorance knows no bound. face the fact that you presented a false claim of Where Mrs oduah hails from. read the article below and be enlightened before fooling yourself in public.

The kinsfolk of embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, have said they aresurprised at the groundswell of public opinion running against their most prominent daughter.The people of Akili-Ozizor in Ogbaru Local Government Areaof Anamba State told Saturday PUNCH that as far as they were concerned, the minister is the best thing that has happened tothem.They said she has not only regularly empowered young people and widows, the minister has built schools and churches for them. They listed some of the projects she has done for the community to include the building of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, the rehabilitation of the Josephine Oduah Secondary School and the provision of a borehole.Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella OduahOne of the chiefs, Boniface Osakwe, who is the Onya of Akili-Ozizor, told Saturday PUNCH that Oduah’s philanthropy extends beyond the community to the entire Ogbaru l Local Government Area, spanning all the towns located along the lower bank of the River Niger in Anambra State.Osakwe wondered why she wasbeing persecuted in an office that she will leave one day.“Is it because she is a woman? Other people had been in that office. She will leave one day and another person will occupy it,” Osakwe wondered.The President General of Akili-Ozizor Town Union, Mr. Chukwudi Igwe, simply said Oduah “is a very good woman.”He would not be dragged into commenting on the raging car scandal circulating about the minister. “I don’t know about that. All I know is that she has been helping our people,” he added.One young man from the community, Mr. Chidozie Ogbaekwe, said he was surprised about the car scandal. “If they bought the carsfor her, she will use them now. Any problem with that?” he asked.Ogbaekwe who said many indigent members of the community have benefited fromscholarships from Oduah, however pointed out that the woman was yet to fulfil the promise she made to him aboutbuying him a motorcycle.“I am hoping that when she comes in December, she will give me my own motorcycle,” he said.Oduah’s image looms large over the small and rustic community located on the bank of the River Niger. From Uga Junction, 30km away from Onitsha, where commercial motorcycles ferry people to Akili-Ozizor and other towns in Ogbaru, all the visitors need to tell the cyclists is take me to Stella’s House.Her father, John Oduah, was thetraditional ruler of the community. Her mother was the Omu, a title and office Stellahas since inherited.The only asphalt road veering off the main road in the community leads to her expansive estate, which she shares with the workers of her contracting company.She is currently erecting a huge country home on about two hectares of land, not far from her older estate.Last year, her entire home was submerged in the flood disasterthat ravaged all the riverine communities in Anambra State.http://www.punchng.com/feature/oduah-were-shocked-kinsmen
Re: Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. by sonya4all(m): 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
ONE OF THE REASONS I DISLIKE THESE IGBOS IS BECAUSE OF THEIR DELIGHT IN CORRUPTING WORDS TO SOOTHE THEIR LANGUAGE. IMAGINE IGBANKE NOW CORRUPTED as igbo akiri.. well here is the origin of the name igbanke.

History of Igbanke in Orhionmwon Local government.Igbanke is of the Ika people in DeltaState, Nigeria which constitutes Agbor, and up to the border towns of Alifekede down to Umunede. According to Omoregbe Nwanwene,eight villages constitute Igbanke: these are Umoluah,obiogba,idumuiru, Igbontor, Idumodin, Ake, Olije, and Ottah – all migrated from different places.” It is also the case that the foundation of history of Igbanke indicates poignantly that for many centuries after the different villages of Igbanke had been founded, the Igbankes enjoyed absolute independence because they were not vassals of any other people. Thename Igbanke arose from a combination of (the names of) two villages: Igbontor and Ake, after a thorough historical supremacy was established.Son of King:The government of Igbanke is presided over by the Eze, Enogies,Ogele, Odioweres, Ndichies, Dikens, Okhiolors, and Okhialis. Each of these heads has his jurisdiction The jurisdiction could be stratified into three: The family level, the clan or hamlets andthe villages. At the family level, the Okhilor (he is usually the oldest man in the family) presides. At the village quarters, the Okhilor is the head,Ogele is eldest in a village, while the Eze rules over the entire village. Igbanke is chiefly a patrilineal society and as such its women are seen as performing passive roles. The language spoken in Igbanke is Ika: It is a mixture of Delta Ibo and Oredo languages. Given that Igbanke has a mixed culture, its mode of conflict resolution includes influences from Edo and Delta.
(culled from www.naijasky.com.).

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (111)

Some Nigerian Ethnic Groups And Their Dressing Styles (pictures) / Complaints And Notice Thread. Be Serious! / Learn How To Speak Hausa Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.