Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi (9267 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Worships At Dunamis 100,000 Seater Auditorium / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Bring out your facts na, let's analyze. I didn't come to trade insults...

Which of the doctrines have been changed?

Don't insult, let's reason together...

You have proven to be a liar from the beginning so I have no intention to reason with u. I am sure u will lie that the TV doctrine was not a doctrine instead it was just a law.
Swerve abeg.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

So English is your problem. Or u just want to deceptively separate the changed TV doctrine from the rest of the doctrines by calling it a law so u can stick to your lies that the doctrines have not changed.
Keep up with the lies. Or get a dictionary.

Cool down TV and dress-code was never a doctrine in deeperlive.

They were just admonitions
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

So English is your problem. Or u just want to deceptively separate the changed TV doctrine from the rest of the doctrines by calling it a law so u can stick to your lies that the doctrines have not changed.
Keep up with the lies. Or get a dictionary.
I better leave you to your ignorant, it is repulsive to drag issues with someone with full cup mentality
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 11:21am On Jul 01, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Cool down TV and dress-code was never a doctrine in deeperlive.

They were just admonitions

Like I said, u guys don't understand English. U dont even know what doctrine means. Or, worse, u are shameless liars. Same thing as saying that not wearing earings is not a doctrine. Just an admonition.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2018
profolaolu:
I better leave you to your ignorant, it is repulsive to drag issues with someone with full cup mentality

Morôn. Go and get a dictionary and check the meaning of doctrine.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

Like I said, u guys don't understand English. U dont even know what doctrine means. Or, worse, u are shameless liars. Same thing as saying that not wearing earings is not a doctrine. Just an admonition.

From your comments is shows you have never been to Deeper Life or any Bible believing Church.

Church Doctrines are clearly spelt out in the Bible.

Deeper Life 22 Doctrines are all from the Bible and they don't contain TV or Dress code.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

From your comments is shows you have never been to Deeper Life or any Bible believing Church.

Church Doctrines are clearly spelt out in the Bible.

Deeper Life 22 Doctrines are all from the Bible and they don't contain TV or Dress code.

Keep lying to urself. And check what doctrine means while u are at it.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

Keep lying to urself. And check what doctrine means while u are at it.

You don't need to be aggressive.

Show me where TV is written in Deeper Life 22 Doctrines.

Whatever definition they give it should not be your problem.

1 Like

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by GEJfan1: 12:15pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Since you're inside, tell the outsiders about it
right from the beginning of d deeper life I know of, they have 22 doctrines. Can u educate us on wch one has changed or u don't even know what doctrine means
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

You don't need to be aggressive.

Show me where TV is written in Deeper Life 22 Doctrines.

Whatever definition they give it should not be your problem.

Keep lying to yourself. And get yourself a dictionary. I won't help your elementary school teachers do what they failed to do. cheesy cheesy
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Drversatile: 12:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
God continue to bless and strengthen the man of God
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Victorisoni3(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Since you're inside, tell the outsiders about it

What do u outsidere want to know about
If not ti gossip about
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

Keep lying to yourself. And get yourself a dictionary. I won't help your elementary school teachers do what they failed to do. cheesy cheesy

Why are you changing the discussion.

You claimed deeper life changed TV "doctrine".

We told you TV war never a Doctrine in Deeper Life.

You are now fighting over the definition of doctrine.
Is it your doctrine?
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by flamingREED(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2018
In Christianity we have:
Bible Doctrine, the main immutable themes of our faith;

Church doctrines, otherwise called dogmas,
Which although are not specified in the scriptures but are at least, debatably backed by the Bible, and these ones might undergo mutation from time to time.

BTW, I like his light literary wits.
Check out the alliteration effect of:
'Commenced, continued, commanded and canceled'.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by wildcatter23(m): 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Like his doctrine about TV which he changed recently? keep deceiving yourself bro

You spark my mind. TV doctrine. My family friends destroyed theirs in the eighties. Their daughter Fine girl wey like me then come dey behave like say I be heathen but Na all of us dey shout Jesus is Lord
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:

Why are you changing the discussion.

You claimed deeper life changed TV "doctrine".

We told you TV war never a Doctrine in Deeper Life.

You are now fighting over the definition of doctrine.
Is it your doctrine?

Quit being a môron. Ur fellow clowns claimed that Kumuyi hasn't changed doctrine for many years. And I debunked it by showing u that deeperlife doctrine has changed over the years. Being the dishonest clown u are, u decided to redefine the word doctrine.
Unfortunately for u, if we follow that definition then Kumuyi will not be the only one. So that undermines what you clowns are trying to achieve. Short of Mormons, almost all doctrines of denominations have remained the same if we define doctrine your way.
So what is the point of your revelling?
I will keep schooling u self-righteous liars.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

Quit being a môron. Ur fellow clowns claimed that Kumuyi hasn't changed doctrine for many years. And I debunked it by showing u that deeperlife doctrine has changed over the years. Being the dishonest clown u are, u decided to redefine the word doctrine.
Unfortunately for u, if we follow that definition then Kumuyi will not be the only one. So that undermines what you clowns are trying to achieve. Short of Mormons, almost all doctrines of denominations have remained the same if we define doctrine your way.
There's a difference between doctrines and administrative rules. The 22 doctrines of deeper is from the bible and it has not changed. However some administrative rules were adjusted over the years, which include the TV you're talking about. Almost every organization have their administrative rules or guidelines that members follow, this rules or guidelines are subject to change. The 22 doctrines of deeper has not changed.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

You become abusive and insulting when you know what you're saying is wrong.

Simple googling would have solved your problem.

These are Deeper Life doctrines from the beginning show me what was changed.

https://dclm.org/about/what-we-believe/

BIBLE DOCTRINES: ABRIDGED EDITION
Acts 2:42; I Timothy 4:16; Titus 1:9

THE HOLY BIBLE

THE GODHEAD

VIRGIN BIRTH OF CHRIST

TOTAL DEPRAVITY

REPENTANCE

JUSTIFICATION

WATER BAPTISM

LORD’S SUPPER

SANCTIFICATION

HOLY GHOST BAPTISM

REDEMPTION

PERSONAL EVANGELISM

MARRIAGE

RAPTURE

RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD

GREAT TRIBULATION

SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

CHRIST’S MILLENNIAL REIGN

GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT

NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH

HELL FIRE

1 Like

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Like his doctrine about TV which he changed recently? keep deceiving yourself bro

The issue of television is not a doctrine.. It was a personal opinion. He even mentioned recently that he banned television then because it was doing more harm than good but that technology has advanced beyond it... Except you only want to be critical here, I believe you understand.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by OBAGADAFFI: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2018
Emmabari:
There's a difference between doctrines and administrative rules. The 22 doctrines of deeper is from the bible and it has not changed. However some administrative rules were adjusted over the years, which include the TV you're talking about. Almost every organization have their administrative rules or guidelines that members follow, this rules or guidelines are subject to change. The 22 doctrines of deeper has not changed.

Don't mind the guy.

Most people who spread rumors don't know anything about the organization.

Most of the stories you here about Churches are mostly false
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by odi1278(m): 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2018
He never preached against TV. He only said its a means to commit sin if caution is not taken. Please be guided accordingly
hopefulLandlord:

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2018
Emmabari:

You are the one that has defined it so. From the dictionary definition of the word doctrine, they are all doctrines.
Now if we define doctrine the way u want us to define it then no church has changed their doctrine. So what is the point of praising the man for not changing the doctrine?
You are trying to make it seem as if the church is special by not changing "doctrine" as u have defined it. I will keep showing nothing is special abt it. There is no wiggle room for u guys here. cheesy cheesy
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
NPComplete:

You are the one that has defined it so. From the dictionary definition of the word doctrine, they are all doctrines.
Now if we define doctrine the way u want us to define it then no church has changed their doctrine. So what is the point of praising the man for not changing the doctrine?
You are trying to make it seem as if the church is special by not changing "doctrine" as u have defined it. I will keep showing nothing is special abt it. There is no wiggle room for u guys here. cheesy cheesy
I'm not going to argue with you. Believe what you want.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by dahnimoh(m): 1:56pm On Jul 01, 2018
spongeisback:
So for God to "heal our land" we've to give him money(bribe)? Wow God is such a sly bastard. He will fit perfectly in the Nigerian police force.

Some careless talks can bring generational CURSE to one. We should be mindful of our utterances.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by obentenyson(m): 2:24pm On Jul 01, 2018
spongeisback:
So for God to "heal our land" we've to give him money(bribe)? Wow God is such a sly bastard. He will fit perfectly in the Nigerian police force.

The reason why you are still poor is because of your ignorance and level of Understanding. May God grant you wisdom to understand instead of opening your stinking mouth to speak trash and still remain poor for the rest of your life.... Na people like you go end up sleeping and living inside a white germent church...
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Emyres: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
LadyNaija:

We should not listen to false prophets who claim that tithing is Old Testament teaching; and since it is no longer operational, we can give our tithes and offerings at random rates. They forget that Abraham commenced it; Jacob continued it; Moses commanded it; Christ commended it and none can cancel it. As we liberally give to the Lord, He will give us without measure. However, we must not give below one-tenth of whatever we earn.

Further Reading (King James Version): Malachi 3:1; 2:17; Matthew 11:10,11; Mark 1:2,3; Luke 1:72; John 1:6,7; Psalm 110:1; Isaiah 9:6,7; Haggai 2:7; Malachi 3:7-12; Genesis 14:18-20; 28:20,22; 1 Corinthians 16:1-3; Matthew 23:23; Zechariah 8:23; Malachi 3:13-18; Daniel 12:2,3.

https://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/07/enjoying-gods-covenant-pastor-w-f-kumuyi/

I love this.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Kumuyi didn't say deeper lifer shouldn't watch television. He was misinterpreted by many who stood religiously to such doctrine. The bible say in 1 Th 5:22 that "Abstain from all appearance of evil". If watching tv will make you commit sin, should stay clear. That is just it nothing more nothing less.
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by damilola4162(m): 2:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
Give library means to give according to what you want to give. It could be 10%, 5% 1% e.t.c
2corinthians9:7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2corinthian8:12
:For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what one does not have.
Malachi3:10
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Numbers 18:23
It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive NO INHERITANCE among the Israelites.
This verse is not written to the new ceature. it is for those under the law. Because out of the tribe of Israel levith have no inheretace that was why the law was given. It was given if you stuGdy numbers18 and the whole book, you will see that levith have nothing to eat that was why Malachi say so that there will be MEAT which mean food, for the levith. Because levith as at then are the only people, been preiest have access to God. But now 1peter2:9 we are all preiset, all Christian are preist. We all have equal access to God.

The windows of heaven here is FOR RAIN.
Genesis 7:11-12
11 ln the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.
12:And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

1 Like

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Indelibleage: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
Why is it that anytime matters are drawn from Kumuyi or Deeper Life Bible Church, the first thing that come to mind for debate is always TV issue? Even if he told his congregation to start using it, has he changed the message of Salvation from sin to other things? Has he altered Hebrews 12:14 which says 'Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which, no man shall see God? When last did you listen to his sermon?

Has that (TV) been the reason you have not been born again and repented of your sins? Please, sentiment and denominational differences apart, "meat commends us not to God" but the works of righteousness and holiness which can be obtained through salvation in Christ Jesus.

How I wish you can just find time to attend Monday Bible at any of his church locations anywhere and you will discover beyond your expectations, what this man (Kumuyi) stands for!

Money gotten from Tithes and offerings are used to propagate the course of the gospel and not for what other pastors may doing with theirs.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Deeper Life never had such doctrines.....
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by NPComplete: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Kumuyi didn't say deeper lifer shouldn't watch television. He was misinterpreted by many who stood religiously to such doctrine. The bible say in 1 Th 5:22 that "Abstain from all appearance of evil". If watching tv will make you commit sin, should stay clear. That is just it nothing more nothing less.

Aha!!! Finally a honest Christian on this thread. At least u agree that it was a doctrine. Lol
Re: Enjoying God’s Covenant - Pastor Kumuyi by DavidEsq(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2018
profolaolu:
luke 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Meaning?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? / 20 Babies Delivered At The Redemption Camp / Mfm Gen218 Singles-2017 Stepping High(21 Day Fasting)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.