Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29830 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry if you live in a world were [size=13pt] $400 - $500 a month for PHONE CALLS [/size]  is NO BIG DEAL TO YOU. But for me and anyone else out there who believes money ought to be spent well and not all on calls, $400 - $500  a month for mere phone calls is TOO MUCH. Even businesses in the US/UK Pay about 1/4 of that amount for phone and fax lines each month.
im not complaining

where i work, depending on ur level, every member of staff have fone subsidy ranging from 25-50k monthly
if u spend more than what is allowed for u, the balance is deducted at the end of the month. so it works for me perfectly
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

What world? What are you talking about? I have a phone with instant messaging, unlimited calls, browsing etc and I don't pay close to that a month.  In the UK? My Friend with a blackberry pays about 25 pounds for his business phone a month. What world are you referring to?

I pay 50GBP on ma BB every month(750 anytime minutes to any network and unlimited texts).
But i burn about an average of 3000 minutes every month so i get charged after the 750th minute - do the math!!!

tkb417:

im not complaining

where i work, depending on your level, every member of staff have fone subsidy ranging from 25-50k monthly
if u spend more than what is allowed for u, the balance is deducted at the end of the month. so it works for me perfectly

Complain ke?
U get charged for what you used. . . . .How can i complain when i know i have been reckless with ma calls.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
tkb417:

im not complaining

where i work, depending on your level, every member of staff have fone subsidy ranging from 25-50k monthly
So, you are not speaking of personal calls or calls related to your personal business? That is different then.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2010
It's the world we live in.
Instant messages are now incorporated into phones, browsing via fones and all that. . . . .
$400-$500 is not too much. . . . .I musta paid more than that at least THRICE this year. . . .

I do unlimited calls, texts and IM for $70 a month and I use Tmobile not cricket or US Cellular

I pay 50GBP on ma BB every month(750 anytime minutes to any network and unlimited texts).
But i burn about an average of 3000 minutes every month so i get charged after the 750th minute - do the math!!!

Then you are a disgrace to anyone who ever taught you economics, maths or Logic. grin grin grin

Have you asked your phone company how much unlimited minutes go for?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, you are not speaking of personal calls or calls related to your personal business? That is different then.
personal calls for 40k
never!!!

who am i calling?

except when i call ma gf abroad grin grin grin
and now,we have devised another means

BB chat grin grin
most of ma calls are official calls; i use BB chats and YIM a lot on the fone
except when the call is very important, i dont make unnecessary persoanl calls
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
~Sauron~:

Well, if you have the money to spend, it is ok I guess.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

I do unlimited calls, texts and IM for $70 a month and I use Tmobile not cricket or US Cellular

Unlimited calls to where?
It would probably be on the same network. . . . .I FIRE all networks(even the ones in HELL) as long as it's under 750 minutes.

Then you are a disgrace to anyone who ever taught you economics, maths or Logic. grin grin grin
Have you asked your phone company how much unlimited minutes go for?

Unlimited minutes?
No phone company does that in the UK. . . . .Unlimited gini?
U would prolly get unlimited minutes to the same network but most Naija peops are on T-mobile here(I use Vodafone) so it won't worth me while getting ma arse pinged on Vodafone when 80% of ma friends are on T-mobile.

Na you suppose use your thinking faculty very well. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Cricket is great for the CTA . . . and $20 bucks cheaper

dayokanu:

Lol
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2010
~Sauron~:

Unlimited calls to where?
It would probably be on the same network. . . . .I FIRE all networks(even the ones in HELL) as long as it's under 750 minutes.

Unlimited minutes? . .

It is unlimited to any phone line out there in the US for me. Even Better I have VONAGE and planning on getting the mobile for unlimited everywhere including 60 countries around the world(UK included)
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2010
Kobojunkie:

It is unlimited to any phone line out there in the US for me. Even Better I have VONAGE and planning on getting the mobile for unlimited everywhere including 60 countries around the world(UK included)

Things are CHEAPER in America then. . . . .
I dunno any phone company in the whole of UK that does unlimited calls to any network. . . . .
They will fold up within 3 months. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
Unlimited calls to any network in the US, Unlimited within same network is given, everyone has that.

Cricket is great for the CTA  . . . and $20 bucks cheaper

But for cricket cost, you shouldnt expect any quality
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Unlimited calls to any network in the US, Unlimited within same network is given, everyone has that.

But for cricket cost, you shouldnt expect any quality

Actually, the quality is no different from that you get from say TMObile or sprint. Matter of fact, I am able to use my Cricket Underground while most others like TMobile, Sprint and Some US Cellular can't. Only think I don't like about cricket is roaming, but since I rarely have to go out of town on assigment it works fine.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2010
See Below verizon webite advertising unlimited calls to any network for $70 plus text is additional $20

and verizon is reputed to be the most expensive in the US

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/plansingleline.jsp?lid=//global//plans//individual

Things are CHEAPER in America then. . . . .
I dunno any phone company in the whole of UK that does unlimited calls to any network. . . . .
They will fold up within 3 months. . . . .

They are just ripping people off, Any smart coy that does it first kills the market and sweep all profit. How much do these phone coys spend on Network and all that? They are just greedy
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2010
Una still dey here, I weak for us versus dem threads o!!!
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by funkybaby(f): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
@sauron
If that's what you pay every month, you are being robbed.

Tmobile offers unlimited minutes to ANY Uk network for £35 monthly on bb 9700 bold 2.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
Actually, the quality is no different from that you get from say TMObile or sprint. Matter of fact, I am able to use my Cricket Underground while most others like TMobile, Sprint and Some US Cellular can't. Only think I don't like about cricket is roaming, but since I rarely have to go out of town on assigment it works fine.

There is a difference. You mean cricket works in trains underground? Do they have masts in the subways?

When on the red line, Once I get to Fullerton, I lose service till we come back on the surface at Cermak-Chinatown
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2010
anyone tries unlimited access in 9ja, the coy will go bankrupt
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2010
@sauron

Tmobile offers unlimited minutes to ANY Uk network for £35 monthly on bb 9700 bold 2.

When I said you are a disgrace to your teachers you dey argue. For the same UK o. When you are supposed to be doing research and get Value for money you dey romance section setting your dick on auto-self-service  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2010
funkybaby:

@sauron

T-mobile are rogues. . . .
That 35 GBP excludes BB(e-mail service) and it excludes the BB Messenger which you guys pay for. . . .
I have all those included in ma vodafone pack and ma contract is just 12 months. . . . .I am sure yours is like 48 months. grin grin grin grin grin

[/quote]
dayokanu:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/plansingleline.jsp?lid=//global//plans//individual

They are just ripping people off, Any smart coy that does it first kills the market and sweep all profit. How much do these phone coys spend on Network and all that? They are just greedy

We are used to being ripped off. . . . .
The Brits love that anyways - they boast about London being the 2nd most expensive city to live in.
Unlimited calls to any network? Hell will freeze before such happens in this land. . . . .U would be laughed at if you ask for such price plan. grin grin grin

[quote author=dayokanu link=topic=459274.msg6256637#msg6256637 date=1277138813]
When I said you are a disgrace to your teachers you dey argue. For the same UK o. When you are supposed to be doing research and get Value for money you dey romance section setting your manliness on auto-self-service  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

You are the bigger disgrace for leaping without taking a look. . . . .

That 35 pounds/month comes with various add-ons. . . .ridiculous ones.
Hang up after 1 hr, no BB(email service), no BB messenger. . . .calls after 6 pm.
I don't dig such constraints. . . . .I wanna call anyone at anytime on any network. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

There is a difference. You mean cricket works in trains underground? Do they have masts in the subways?

When on the red line, Once I get to Fullerton, I lose service till we come back on the surface at Cermak-Chinatown

Yeah!! I have used my cricket phone underground on the blueline, red line and even the orange line(not sure the last one goes underground) and no problems, except the train noise itself. It works and for only $50 a month.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2010
tkb417:

anyone tries unlimited access in 9ja, the coy will go bankrupt

I disagree with that. I believe such a company will not only take over the market but run high profits. The Technology has been out there for not less than 15 years now, it is now less expensive to run and maintain. What you are getting today is simply companies giving you SO SO SO MUCH LESS than what you can get all so they can charge you so much more and make buck loads of money off of you while they do.

Haven't you ever made free phone calls over VOIP or Skype? Do you think those free calls brought SKype to it's knees? NO, it actually helped SKYPE get to where it is today.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by funkybaby(f): 5:55pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

When I said you are a disgrace to your teachers you dey argue. For the same UK o. When you are supposed to be doing research and get Value for money you dey romance section setting your manliness on auto-self-service  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
grin grin

Na my sauron you dey yab so?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
That 35 pounds/month comes with various add-ons. . . .ridiculous ones.
Hang up after 1 hr, no BB(email service), no BB messenger. . . .calls after 6 pm.
I don't dig such constraints. . . . .I wanna call anyone at anytime on any network. . . .

Even with the additional add ons No way would it add up to 200 GBP a month

Funky baby, Abeg I dont believ Sharon even with all the Blackberry access, with email and Messenger, you can get a good deal
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2010
funkybaby:

grin grin
Na my sauron you dey yab so?

U dey mind am?
He's high on Kpoli

I just checked T-mobile. . . . .
The deal for 30GBP on BB 9700 is 300 minutes, 300 texts. . . . .So what are you on about?

Show me this magic deal of yours, abeg.
I want to make Dayo look like a simpleton than he is.

dayokanu:

Funky baby, Abeg I dont believ Sharon even with all the Blackberry access, with email and Messenger, you can get a good deal

U are not 100% illiterate.
Go on the net and search fone companies(T-mobile, Orange, Vodafone, O2, etc) and show me any of em offering unlimited minutes to ANY network.
I will give you $1000 if you find one.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by funkybaby(f): 6:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
Sauron.

Am not kidding. It's exists. Call them on 150. Or visit tmobile shop.

It comes with unlimited blackberry email and contract length is between 18-24 months.

It's subject to a credit check though on whoever needs it.

So if your rating is messed up, you won't get it.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2010
funkybaby:

Sauron.

Am not kidding. It's exists. Call them on 150. Or visit tmobile shop.

It comes with unlimited blackberry email and contract length is between[b] 18-24[/b] months.

It's subject to a credit check  though on whoever needs it.

So if your rating is messed up, you won't get it.

18-24 months X 35 GBP is more than 12 months X 50 GBP.
For the next 2 years, you will continue to pay AT LEAST 35 GBP every month. . . . .so what makes you think i am paying more? grin
So why isn't this on their site? U sure say this isn't Lebara network? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by funkybaby(f): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
@sauron

You end up paying more cos once you use up your monthly allowance of minutes, you get billed.

I dunno why it's not on their website oh. But believe me, it exists.

Lol @ Lebara. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
funkybaby:

@sauron
You end up paying more cos once you use up your monthly allowance of minutes, you get billed.
I dunno why it's not on their website oh. But believe me, it exists.
Lol @ Lebara. grin

I will ask around. . . . . .

Are you sure this deal is not ANYTIME minutes on ANY NETWORK for EVENING calls(7pm - 7am)?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
~Sauron~:

18-24 months X 35 GBP is [b]more than 12 months X 50 GBP.[/b]
For the next 2 years, you will continue to pay AT LEAST 35 GBP every month. . . . .so what makes you think i am paying more? grin

[size=13pt]AAARRRGGHHH  . . . . ROFLMAO!![/size]
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2010
18-24 months X 35 GBP is more than 12 months X 50 GBP.
For the next 2 years, you will continue to pay AT LEAST 35 GBP every month. . . . .so what makes you think i am paying more?
So why isn't this on their site? U sure say this isn't Lebara network?

You said you pay 50GBP as base and if you use 3000mins like you claimed that 2250 overage, How much is the overage? multiply it by 2250 if overage is 10 pence per mins that mins 225 GBP on overage . That pays about 6months phone bills using funkybabys plan.

That means any month you use 3000 mins on your plan you pay about 275 GBP

Pennywise Pound foolish
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
dayokanu:

You said you pay 50GBP as base and if you use 3000mins like you claimed that 2250 overage, How much is the overage? multiply it by 2250 if overage is 10 pence per mins that mins 225 GBP on overage . That pays about 6months phone bills using funkybabys plan.

You are a mumu. . . . .
Different networks charge different rates and there are premium numbers included as well(0845, 0844, 0870, 0871, etc).
I use those wella to pay bills or when i wanna make a quick international call. . . .

That means any month you use 3000 mins on your plan you pay about 275 GBP
Pennywise Pound foolish

I still dunno anyone as foolish as you when arguing. . . . .
Things don't work here like it works in Chicago. . . . .

Funkybaby's claim is pure FANTASY.
There's no network in the whole of Europe that would offer UNLIMITED minutes to ANY network @ ANYTIME. . . . .
She's probably talking about the UNLIMITED minutes/any network/EVENING calls. . . . .
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by funkybaby(f): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
@sauron.

It's unlimited. Any network. Any time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / ‘Terrorists May Strike At National Assembly’ / Michelle Obama And BBOG Frustrated Chibok Girls Rescue: Aisha Wakil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.