Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,971 members, 7,814,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? (29835 Views)

"We Train Girls As Suicide Bombers"; Jealous Wife Snitches On Her Husband / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / The Nigerian Political Class And Their Foreign Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

@ tkb

Trust me, I know where you are coming from. What we have in Naija is not "profit margins" but "profiteering margins."

I'm pretty sure those Yaba units won't cost N20m to build which means the profit margin for the developers is a lot higher. Even with the price of cement, labor is cheap enough and so are finishings that the developer would have to really go to town on finishings in order to get up to N20m cost price. When I first got back, couldn't get my head around the margins but it is what it is. If you build your own and advertise it for cheaper, the average Nigerian automatically assumes it's not as good

This is so true. . . . . . .Nigerians want stuffs that are expensive.

If the admission fee to any club is N10,000 and you manage to get one, put a fountain in the middle of the dance-floor and charge N100,000 per head, you will cop more attendance than the regular clubs that charge just 10K.
I can't get that round ma head at all.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Ftmom, don't get me wrong here. I do see what you mean in all but that has not been enough for me justifying such an investment. I grew up in Ikorodu, so I am sort of oK with the sights in the mainland, especially in Ikorodu. it is sort of like going on vacation to mexico, you don't expect it all to look like you see it in the US and many people are ok with that. However, when you speak of lekki and returns, what exactly do you mean?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

This is so true. . . . . . .Nigerians want stuffs that are expensive.

If the admission fee to any club is N10,000 and you manage to get one, put a fountain in the middle of the dance-floor and charge N100,000 per head, you will cop more attendance than the regular clubs that charge just 10K.
I can't get that round ma head at all.
100 k for club in naija ? 10 k ? people actually pay these exorbitant prices ? silly nigerians.

on a side note, those of you living in nigeria. are you still scared of armed robbers ? do they still go around killing people ? and is it true that you cannot leave your house after 7 pm ? and do police constantly harrass you at check points ?

these are the reasons why me personally am scared to live in naija because i have had personal experiences with naija checkpoint police before i left naija. i was once asked to do frog jump on third mainland bridge. can you belie dat ? a grown azz man like me doing frog jump on third mainland bridge ?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by redsky1: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
so this topic has reached 24 pages.

Next poster will ask are NID jealous of NIN cos the government are spending N10billion on 50 yr independence,

no one is jealous of anyone and if people back home didn't take offence to everything from people who live abroad maybe things would move forward.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ ftmom
u definitely keep ur ears and eyes on the ground. Got a question for you since you seem to know ur way around Lekki. How far is Abraham Adesanya estate from Ozumba? Just got an offer to buy a plot there for 5M
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom:

@ buzugee

Your idea is an interesting one but from what I've seen the people who would be able to afford USD500 for a check up are people with good jobs that have health benefits. Health benefits means their employer provides a list of hospitals they can visit for their medical concerns. I suspect there's a ceiling on the amount they can spend depending on their hierarchy at work but not totally sure.

Anyway, the thing is these people visit medical Drs who should take care of their ailments "for free" and already expect their needs are covered by these visits so even though they can afford it, most would see no need to pay out-of-pocket expenses to an outfit like yours.
ahhhh another dent on my dream angry embarassed cry i cant seem to catch a break can i ? angry i no wan become daddy london ooooo. something gotta give grin

If you could get with a reputable hospital that has solid companies as clients, your outfit could become the referral "lab'" for those services you mentioned ie the hospital/clinic refers their patients to you.

That's my 2 cents based on what I've seen
[quote][/quote]
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:09pm On Jun 11, 2010
^ i did not quote well @ ftmom.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:20pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom
u definitely keep your ears and eyes on the ground. Got a question for you since you seem to know your way around Lekki. How far is Abraham Adesanya estate from Ozumba? Just got an offer to buy a plot there for 5M

Abraham Adesanya is not far if the roads are wide but my sister, the traffic from Abraham Adesanya to Ozumba every morning will make u age quickly

for 5m, u can buy and hold, expect the asset to appreciate and sell later
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

Abraham Adesanya is not far if the roads are wide but my sister, the traffic from Abraham Adesanya to Ozumba every morning will make u age quickly

for 5m
, u can buy and hold expect the asset to appreciate and sell later

Which kind traffic be that?
Na Exodus from Egypt to Canaan?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
thanks tkb. My hubby wants to put our family edifice here  grin and now u r telling me i will spend my entire life in traffic. Wetin make i do now? I no get phase 1 money na
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
Ijede -- One million

Maya -- 400k

Adamo -- 400K

@Dayokanu
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2010

Honestly, the only thing stopping me from moving to naija na traffic. My brother i weak for Lagos traffic o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

naijababe:

thanks tkb. My hubby wants to put our family edifice here  grin and now u r telling me i will spend my entire life in traffic. Wetin make i do now? I no get phase 1 money na
LOL
living in abraham adesanya means u'll be waking up 4am, leave ur house by 5am and get to the office by 7.30 grin grin grin

going home is worse cheesy

naijababe, things can still get better. Lets hope fasola will do another major road that will decongest traffic going in and out of lekki
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2010
naijababe:

Honestly, the only thing stopping me from moving to naija na traffic. My brother i weak for Lagos traffic o
as it is now, we dont have any solution to traffic wahala in Lagos

honestly, i want to move to accra

i saw a property in accra in airport west area ( area can be compared to Ikoyi in Lagos) for $200,000
a duplex with 5 rooms, Bq and a pool

to me, thats cheap compared to what we have in Lagos
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2010
naijababe:

Use Okada if the traffic gets hectic. grin

tkb417:

as it is now, we dont have any solution to traffic wahala in Lagos

honestly, i want to move to accra

i saw a property in accra in airport west area ( area can be compared to Ikoyi in Lagos) for $200,000
a duplex with 5 rooms, Bq and a pool

to me, thats cheap compared to what we have in Lagos

Now you are talking. . . . .
That is one area Nigerians should start thinking of moving to.
Affordable houses with good space, swimming pool and noiseless.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
~Sauron~:

Use Okada if the traffic gets hectic. grin
rain nko? grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
tkb417:

rain nko? grin

Buy an umbrella. grin
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2010
Use Okada if the traffic gets hectic. Grin

U wicked o sauron  smiley what about my kids? make i put on top okada too eh
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
Now you are talking. . . . .
That is one area Nigerians should start thinking of moving to.
Affordable houses with good space, swimming pool and noiseless.
i agree

houses here are not as expensive as we have in Lagos although 9ja guys are already into property devpt here

but with the way Nigerians are movin down to Ghana, i hope they wont chase awon boiz away with 9ja must go bags o
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2010
naijababe:

U wicked o sauron smiley what about my kids? make i put on top okada too eh
u dey mind sauron grin

@Sauron
can u use okada?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Kobojunkie: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2010
@Ftmom, I don't have kids and when I am in Nigeria, I tend to switch completely to the Nigerian mode for as long as I am there. Also, where I grew up is actually quiet and peaceful and we have the malls and what nots as well.
But consider this

Can I not spend that amount instead, say $30 - $45 Million, building, say a 25 unit flat( I like the idea of building upwards), in a place like, I don't know, Ikorodu. I rent each unit out for about N300K per annum(or sell each for about 3.5 million) and the current government's rebate or whatever it is the government is offering developers these days. I keep one of the units for myself and family.  That sounds more like a win to me.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
I think i have to tepa moshe, dont intend to leave my peaceful granite city to go and age in Lagos. I need to find money for a phase 1 property
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2010
ftmom so what country did you move from to naija ? if america, what state ? do you prefer your life in naija or are you just hanging in there ? tell me more about your life in naija. i am curious. i was especially excited when you said your kids go to the bookstore in the mall to read. sounds hella fun
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
naijababe i go come join you for scotland soon for locum contract
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2010
naijababe:

U wicked o sauron  smiley what about my kids? make i put on top okada too eh
grin grin grin grin grin  Nor vex. tongue

tkb417:

u dey mind sauron grin

@Sauron
can u use okada?

If it can move slowly. . . . .

tkb417:

i agree

houses here are not as expensive as we have in Lagos although 9ja guys are already into property devpt here

but with the way Nigerians are movin down to Ghana, i hope they wont chase awon boiz away with 9ja must go bags o

Dem nor born Ghana well. . . .
As an ECOWAS Citizen, my rights permit me to live in any ECOWAS country and enjoy the same rights like the indigenes.
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by tkb417(m): 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2010
Dem nor born Ghana well. . . .
As an ECOWAS Citizen, my rights permit me to live in any ECOWAS country and enjoy the same rights like the indigenes.

is that what you'll tell them when they bring out cudgels and matchetes?
ure funny

did they claim any right when we sent them packing?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by buzugee(m): 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
when ghanaians were kicked out of ghana were they not part of the ecowas ?
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2010
Re: Are Nigerians Resident In Uk Jealous Of Their Visiting Counterparts ? by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2010
buzugee:

when ghanaians were kicked out of ghana were they not part of the ecowas ?

The ECOWAS passport thingy wasn't in PLAY then.
Now, it's like the EU schitzo. . . . . .any EU citizen can fly from anywhere into any member of the EU community and live happily ever after.
With an ECOWAS passport, no lunatic can deport you from Ghana - Quote Sauron when they come for you with machete n dane guns.

tkb417:

is that what you'll tell them when they bring out cudgels and matchetes?
ure funny

did they claim any right when we sent them packing?

Read ma missive above ^^

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master / 2019 Presidency: Tinubu Divides Northern Leaders - The Sun / Ali Datti-Yako Plans Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.