Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? (835 Views)

Why Would God Prepare "A Table Before Me In The Presence Of My Enemies"? / Where Would You Worship If You Can't Find Your Denomination / Why Would God Create Homosexuals And Direct Them To...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by Rossikki: 4:19am On Jul 03, 2018
If I decide to worship a tree today, why would God be upset? He created the tree.

If I decide to worship a wood carving, why would He be upset? He created that wood. He created All That Is, both seen and unseen.

If I was a creator of various life forms and objects, I wouldn't be hurt if they worshipped one other.

Drew emotional and spiritual support from one another.

I'd be flattered in fact. It would signify to me that my Creation was...melding.

Blending.

Acknowledging and appreciating one another.

I most certainly wouldn't feel 'jealous' of my own creation.

My own handiwork.

I wouldn't even expect them to worship me, since they cannot see or perceive me with their human faculties.

Their worshipping of 'idols' would seem a perfectly logical activity to me.

At most I'd find it amusing.

Certainly not a 'sin' for which I'll throw them into a fiery hell that "burneth forever and ever".

All a bit strange, really, those Bible claims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by sukerefakere(m): 4:33am On Jul 03, 2018
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by Nebes: 6:00am On Jul 03, 2018
I’m glad you’re not God.

Worship is a broad and profound word. A pouring out of soul, mind and heart. Total submission and yielding to a something perceived to be more powerful and holier than the worshiper.

No human definition can entirely capture the true heart of worship.

Therefore, I personally don’t see anything funny in idol worship. Idolatry is essentially acknowledging that a creature is more deserving than the creator.
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by shox(m): 6:23am On Jul 03, 2018
No mind dem religious people op....no be him creat everything. The guy (God) wan sly im brothers by wanting to collect all the glory.. Na why devil dey follow the bros drag since .... I think you know who is winning?
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by Maamin(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2018
@Op, the relationship between God and his creation is like that of a husband and his wife.

None will tolerate a cheating partner.

Our God is a jealous God and also a faithful God.
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2018
Rossikki:
If I decide to worship a tree today, why would God be upset? He created the tree.

If I decide to worship a wood carving, why would He be upset? He created that wood. He created All That Is, both seen and unseen.

If I was a creator of various life forms and objects, I wouldn't be hurt if they worshipped one other.

Drew emotional and spiritual support from one another.

I'd be flattered in fact. It would signify to me that my Creation was...melding.

Blending.

Acknowledging and appreciating one another.

I most certainly wouldn't feel 'jealous' of my own creation.

My own handiwork.

I wouldn't even expect them to worship me, since they cannot see or perceive me with their human faculties.

Their worshipping of 'idols' would seem a perfectly logical activity to me.

At most I'd find it amusing.

Certainly not a 'sin' for which I'll throw them into a fiery hell that "burneth forever and ever".

All a bit strange, really, those Bible claims.
Because Yahweh is a jealous lover
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by romanreign2084: 9:24am On Jul 03, 2018
WOW! dat's beautiful. But try to understand the meaning of superiority, A family for an instance .we have the father,mother and thier sons (let say 3) note:That the last child is the least in the family,the second son is superior to the 3rd son,the 1st to the 2nd son,and the mother superior to all the sons. AND MIND YOU the FATHER is SUPERIOR to any of the family member.The same way to GOD HE IS SUPERIOR TO ALL THINGS (both living and non).And if u don't know we our selves are gods,gensis chapter 3 vs 5.yes GOD CAN OPPOSE IT he can DO and UNDO,did u know the no of people dat die by the flood in genesis 7 vs 1 to 23 and GOD only save 9 souls.Do u know what genesis 8 vs 23 say, he said he will not again smite any more EVERY living thing and not HUMAN BEING AGAIN,and that why natural disaster took alot of lives.I hope u knew dat.And even SATAN/IDOLS know the RIGHT GOD to be serve if u ur self don!'t know,ask Dagon in 1st samuel 5 vs 3.I PRAY dat GOD should give u the knowledge to understand the WORD AMEN.
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by tdjubemi(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2018
God is a jealous God. You can't use how you'll feel about your own creation to decide what God should feel about His. It will lead to a wrong perception of Him.
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by Aaronsrod: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2018
tdjubemi:
God is a jealous God. You can't use how you'll feel about your own creation to decide what God should feel about His. It will lead to a wrong perception of Him.

Nevah forget this. You will be made to suffer if you do not warship the Lord of Hosts.

Believe!
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by xpmode(m): 3:09pm On Jul 03, 2018
Rossikki:

You will not like to eat or keep rotten food that your cooked yourself,
would you
Re: Why Would God Oppose Idol Worship If He Created Everything? by shox(m): 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Sometimes I wonder if we're not hearing one side of the story in this" God vs Devil "saga

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Lack Material Things While On Earth? / Skeptism About Darwinian Evolution Grows As 1000+ Scientists Share Their Doubts / Audio + Video: Diana Hamilton – Nsenkyerene Nyankopon (miracle Working God)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.