Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,012 members, 7,814,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room (43635 Views)

Looking For A University To Enrol In This September? / FUTO Final Year Student Found Dead In Imo, A Bottle Of Snipper Found In His Room / FUTO Student Commits Suicide By Hanging In His Room (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by puccyforker: 8:53am On Jul 04, 2018
oyatmicah:
please from now on, nobody should joke with me with the line "Thunder fire you"
RIP
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by asawanathegreat(m): 8:58am On Jul 04, 2018
Nawa oo, am speechless
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by bettercreature(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2018
andy47:
Nigeria is really a jungle. When calamity that could have been prevented happens, they mourn and moved on. Not a single commenter has called for investigation of the building or how to relocate other tenants there. Those that build that house should be in jail. All buildings have a way of neutralizing thunder. Is not rocket science' its compulsory in all building. This might happen again unless the home owner fix it. Shame
We are in Africa where you can send thunder to kill anybody with just 300 naira unlike other part of the world where thunders kills due to to human errors or natural disaster
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by slack: 9:09am On Jul 04, 2018
majorgr:
that's literally impossible !

It's very possible my friend. The lightning can travel through electrical power line i.e Nepa wire and come out through electrical socket or outlet in your house. How do you think electrical appliance get damaged during thunder storms. These are caused by poor grounding/earthing.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Gucciboss: 9:12am On Jul 04, 2018
majorgr:

He might have held an (metal) iron during the thunder storm. I have experience something like that. Lightening is very deadly when you leaning on metal (iron)
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Centcanada: 9:13am On Jul 04, 2018
The way village people take day follow person these period eh. God abeg oooo
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2018
dingbang:
but the op was right?, undecided

Yes lightning is the current one.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by davidkingrichie(m): 9:20am On Jul 04, 2018
majorgr:
The building was without proper earthing or a lightning conductor. The lightning struck. The poor boy was probably charging his phone or holding some kind of metal. The electric shock stopped his heart, and his friend were unable to do a CPR. He died. Nothing impossible here.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Gucciboss: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2018
davidkingrichie:

The building was without proper earthing or a lightning conductor.
The lightning struck.
The poor boy was probably charging his phone or holding some kind of metal.
The electric shock stopped his heart, and his friend were unable to do a CPR.
He died. Nothing impossible here.
Exactly. I have experienced such. The pain is out of this world mehn. But I no die sha.

HomeOfMe:
Abi..,that's what i think too. Maybe geography students should tell us the possibility of that happening-someone inside his room?..

It can, especially when you are holding or leaning on things like window protector or similar metal on balcony.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by NwaliE01: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2018
Village people, village people, Village people.
How many times did I called you?
Please next time remember one old man in one villa in Abuja.
He really deserve your visitation.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by ceejay80s(m): 9:21am On Jul 04, 2018
oyatmicah:
please from now on, nobody should joke with me with the line "Thunder fire you"
RIP

THUNDER FIRE U , LOL
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Malawian(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2018
majorgr:
It is extremely possible. This happened to me at Ekpoma. Only thing is i survived the shock. My TV anthena on the other hand was totalled. The rain was falling and water was dripping into my room through the TV anthena Wire. as i was looking to push the wire out of my window, that was when the Lightening struck!, pushing me to the other end of the room. Only God know how i survived that episode. My anthena together with the bamboo stand was burnt and partially exploded.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by ceejay80s(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2018
Gucciboss:

He might have held an (metal) iron during the thunder storm. I have experience something like that. Lightening is very deadly when you leaning on metal (iron)

I HAVE TO REMOVE EVERY IRON IN MY HOUSE TODAY, my buglary proof , kitchen sink , frigde fan, tv stand,door handle,even the zip wey dey my trousers, dont want anything iron for my house again

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by HomeOfMe(f): 9:29am On Jul 04, 2018
Gucciboss:

Exactly. I have experienced such. The pain is out of this world mehn. But I no die sha.

It can, especially when you are holding or leaning on things like window protector or similar metal on balcony.
ha,ok o!
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Chepos1(m): 9:33am On Jul 04, 2018
Phinity318:

Stop painting the African gods in bad light ...How could the gods that protects us kill us?

Protect fire angry
How many time hav they protect themselves?
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Chepos1(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Know how you talk

Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Lomprico2: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2018
Why no be buhari d lightening locate? angry
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by mavinc4u(f): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2018
Hmmm. I don't want to sound superstitious but 2 things are involve in his case; is either village people are at work or he has done something bad for him to have been killed by lightning. If he was outside the room, I would have said he stood on the passage of lightning as they usually have their line of movement but at the end what do I know.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Gucciboss: 9:42am On Jul 04, 2018
ceejay80s:

I HAVE TO REMOVE EVERY IRON IN MY HOUSE TODAY, my buglary proof , kitchen sink , frigde fan, tv stand,door handle,even the zip wey dey my trousers, dont want anything iron for my house again

Haha. You are not serious. BUT Seriously, they are deadly during thunder storms especially if your location is thunder prone. In our village house, anything I travel home during rainy season I'm always very careful. During thunder storm you can hear the spark inside the rooms. I'm not joking. That's where I had an encounter with lightning. It nearly send me to hospital.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2018
THAT'S THE WORK OF SANGO THE god OF THUNDER, HOPE THE BOY DIDN'T THIEF ANYTHING ANYWAY... RIP
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by zombieTRACKER: 9:59am On Jul 04, 2018

Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by victorazyvictor(m): 10:07am On Jul 04, 2018
Benblaq:
There's a difference between Thunder and Lightening

explain sir
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Ten06(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2018
This thunder was real its not those ones that did press up or roasted. May his Soul rest in peace
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by ALWAYSALHAJI76: 10:19am On Jul 04, 2018
RIP
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Chepos1(m): 10:22am On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=zombieTRACKER post=69069050][/quote]

Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by AHMEDLA2GKD: 10:22am On Jul 04, 2018
[color=#000099][/color] nawa oooo, aye le ooooo
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by AHMEDLA2GKD: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2018
embarassedGod help us from evil forksGod help us from evil forksGod help us from evil forks
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by coldFLARES1(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2018
majorgr:
I think it is. Sometime in 2016, while lying on the floor close to the plug of my home theatre, which was unplugged, I got a terrible electrical shock from the plug as a result of charges distributed to my body after a lightning, in the midst of one very heavy rain like that. Need i say that that Home Theatre got permanently damaged from that incident.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Sluvist(m): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2018
Igbos wit lie lie, na dem kill am com dey blem thunder. Bloody criminal animals
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by yongflex20(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2018
when your village witch are ready to strike you down, nothing can avert it.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2018
There must be a scientific explanation behind this.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Lightning Strikes Student Of Anambra State University To Death Inside His Room by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 04, 2018
Pat081:
How I wish dis can b happen to dos useless political in dis country,

See a doc. Your grammar is suffering from typhoid fever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Success Adegor: Okotie-Eboh Primary School Sapele Undergoing Renovation / UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma / Professor Jibrin Diso Wins Innoson’s N8.8m SUV (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.