Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! (523 Views)

Men Who Hustled Hard To Become Successful Should Not Settle For Less / "I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / Ladies, When You Are Ready To Settle Down, Don't Settle For These Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by Sarahkay(f): 11:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
The famous believe in Africa these days is if you're not married before you're 30, there's something Wrong with you. It's either a spiritual problem or you're probably reaping from your bad deeds...that is something we law students call "fallacy of false cause".. Well.. whichever it is, single women above 30 in Africa do not find it funny. The pressure is much and the humiliation,well, that is a story for another day.

The pressure has become so high that these women under this category have decided to rush into marriage, and most times, settle for less. They tend to be in a hurry to run away from shame and constant mockery especially if the pressure is coming directly from their parents. The humiliation makes them want to go home with just anyone and call him "husband"...If that will take away the shame..they're okay!

Well, good news! You don't have to settle for less, don't let anyone rush you into the arms of someone you'll regret marrying. Don't let human beings rush you into their own time frame...age is different..time for marriage is also different..and God's time is just not the same time as ours..

With reference to the above statement, I'll be giving us few reasons why you don't have to settle for less.

1. You don't want less!

This is the most important of all the reasons. You don't want less!..if you did..you would have married the first man to knock on your door. Do not let pressure make you settle for less. If you're under pressure and constant humiliation, remember this one. If you want a tall man, don't settle for a short man because of desperation, if you want a man who treats you like a queen, don't settle for a man who can't even treat a lady right because of humiliation. Always remember, the years have passed but your standards are still intact..if you know your worth... if you have worked hard to be who you ate... just pray, act right and wait..do not settle for something you'll end up regretting.

2.You're going to regret it!

Believe it or not.. doing something you don't want to do is an easy way of inviting regret and anguish. The world will pressure you,but they won't share in your pain..it's yours alone to bear. You're going to carry the load alone!

3. If you're deliberately waiting, remember why!

Someone would probably laugh so hard at you when you say 'i want a tall man who has a car and lives in a mansion with servants at his disposal"..if that's what you want and why you're waiting, it's not impossible. Didn't God say 'your heart desires shall I grant"?..it only takes prayer and patience to get things straight.

4.God doesn't take a date from you, he gives you his!

This one is for our very prayerful sisters who in most cases give God time and says 'if it doesn't happen on this date...."...well..you don't give God instructions, he gives you. You don't impose your date on him,he gives you his. Don't let the society pressure you and make you believe God isn't listening and as such push you into making the worst mistake of your life.

5.The possibility of finding true happiness might be worth the wait!

If you're almost broken, remember, there's still a high probability of you finding that true happiness and when you do.. you'll find it was totally worth the wait and pressure.

6. Being single is not a liability, it's a chance.

Singles ate certainly not useless.. in fact you can do many things as a single. Finding your happiness, finding your passion in life and finding God. If you're in a situation, remember, you just have extra time to prepare for that extra task.

This shouldn't just be for older women, younger women too. Don't let the society pressure you into committing a very serious mistake.

The society is the society, you are you.. only you can live with yourself forever.

Remember, marriage is forever, criticism and humiliation is only temporary!

Sarah cares❤
Follow sarahkaysblog on Facebook and Instagram for more!

Re: Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 06, 2018
The evening newspaper chants is getting to some people..... cheesy

*Modified

I think it's high time African Women design their own lives themselves! Work hard, get enough cash, travel out. That you are an African doesn't mean you have to die one, or have to breathe your last breath on Africa soil.Let women leave unfavorable societal rules and of course their backward thinking black Men and get involved with saner beings. Thank God love is everywhere cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:14am On Jul 06, 2018
grin

I am juz so happy that I am not married yet. I have ZERO percent tolerance in every man's BS kind of attitude... cool

Being single is a choice..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by IamAirforce1: 12:30am On Jul 06, 2018
They've started again ...

Re: Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin grin

Haters will say that's yesterday's news shocked grin grin

Let me sign: right here.... *show teeth, joor* grin grin grin

It time to take your happiness, child grin

Then you in the driving seat.

It's abundance, never limitations! Love trumps , hate.. grin
Re: Reasons Older Women Should Not Settle For Less In Marriage Like The World Wants! by MISEDUCATIONS: 1:13am On Jul 06, 2018
female psychology:
when Young & Fresh -be cheap and fvck anything
when Old & Fossilized - be choosy and hard to get.

guys fvck 'em young and leave 'em old. if they wanna be choosy with those dried boobs and rusted pvssies, let them. very soon they'll be in menopause anyways.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Interested Love Story : Careless Love, Season 3 Episode 1 / I Have Been Sleeping With Step Brother And Cousin ! Pls Help Me / I Am Of The Opinion That Guys Shouldn’t Go One Week Without Sex Or Masturbation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.