Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! (925 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2018

By his own admission Steve Tillman was not a top-level — Stephen Hawking — type of atheist.

He was more mid level. He started a couple of now defunct websites including Think Free Nation and Think Free Indiana promoting his atheist views. He also helped found Atheist Analysis.

Most of his work was relegated to social media such as Facebook and YouTube where on his atheist internet shows he repeatedly bashed Christians and other religions.

Though Steve downplays his significance in the atheist community, nevertheless a group he founded, Atheists of Northern Indiana, warranted a mention in an Indy Star article on anti-Christian bigotry in Indiana.

The article centered on a release by the American Family Association (AFA) that pointed out a few groups with strong anti-Christian sentiments in Indiana, particularly those that opposed the state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, that offered Christians protection from the growing anti-Christian bias in America.

However, when AFA’s Walker Wildmon read the article he noticed a strange thing.

The Indy Star pointed out that the one of groups cited, Atheists of Northern Indiana, no longer existed because its founder Steve Tillman was now a Christian.

He closed down his organization after he reconverted back to Christ.

In a video on Youtube, Tillman explained his journey. He grew up in a semi-religious home, but at age 15 he came in contact with a Christian group. He started attending church and was even heading for the ministry.

However, when stuff started happening between his parents, Steve became angry at God. How could an all-powerful, all loving God allow this to happen.

Steve said:

“There’s no way. No way, you know, a God can exist that allows this kind of stuff to happen. If He does He is obviously not as powerful and everyone says He is… I rebelled against God. Hard core rebellion against God.”

Disillusioned he left the Church, tried some other religions including voodoo, but eventually chose atheism. At that point, he began to organize and work fervently to convince people there is no God.

Looking back, Steve says he now realizes he was just livid at God. Though he was promoting his atheistic views through several avenues, inside he was struggling. God was not done with him yet.

One day in frustration, he prayed and asked God for a sign and he received an “eye-opening” vision or dream.

In the interview with the Indy Star, Steve said:

“I woke up with just this really weird feeling of love and forgiveness, talked to my wife about it and prayed and things just kind of came into perspective.”

The experience led him to repent of his sins and ask God for forgiveness. Steve said, “I became a born-again Christian, again.” He says through his Atheism he still inside believed, but was overwhelmed with his anger and rebellion.

He realized that God still loved him and that “I gave up on Someone Who never gave up on me.”

After reading the article, AFA spokesman Walker Wildmon tracked down Steve and after a series of texts confirmed that Tillman had genuinely converted.

Steve told Wildmon that there has been a complete turnaround. Once he promoted atheism, but today Steve says:

“The strangest part is this calling I feel to spread the Word of God, like the pulpit has a huge magnet pulling me in.”

My name is Steve Tillman, an ex-atheist who did everything to suppress the idea of God but God wasn't done with me yet. Today I am a born again Christian.

Cc anas09, felixomor, sciencewatch, sonofthunder, Olaadegbu, muttleylaff, winner01
doctoralien, anas09, goodmuyis, bennyann, MsNGO40, malvisguy, scholar8600, temi4fash, ishilove, rekinomtla, bloodofthelamb

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2018
Here are few places on Facebook where he commented.

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
More

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2018
Here was one of the times he was attacked by an atheist for dumping atheism and his rather calm response. smiley

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
ButterflyLeo, this just affirms my position- Atheists are lost children angry at God and their way showing that anger is by denying his existence.

Thank God for brother Steve. Praise the Lord! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Anas09: 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
[quote author=Butterflyleo post=69165525]

By his own admission Steve Tillman was not a top-level — Stephen Hawking — type of atheist.

He was more mid level. He started a couple of now defunct websites including Think Free Nation and Think Free Indiana promoting his atheist views. He also helped found Atheist Analysis.

Most of his work was relegated to social media such as Facebook and YouTube where on his atheist internet shows he repeatedly bashed Christians and other religions.

Though Steve downplays his significance in the atheist community, nevertheless a group he founded, Atheists of Northern Indiana, warranted a mention in an Indy Star article on anti-Christian bigotry in Indiana.

The article centered on a release by the American Family Association (AFA) that pointed out a few groups with strong anti-Christian sentiments in Indiana, particularly those that opposed the state’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, that offered Christians protection from the growing anti-Christian bias in America.

However, when AFA’s Walker Wildmon read the article he noticed a strange thing.

The Indy Star pointed out that the one of groups cited, Atheists of Northern Indiana, no longer existed because its founder Steve Tillman was now a Christian.

He closed down his organization after he reconverted back to Christ.

In a video on Youtube, Tillman explained his journey. He grew up in a semi-religious home, but at age 15 he came in contact with a Christian group. He started attending church and was even heading for the ministry.

However, when stuff started happening between his parents, Steve became angry at God. How could an all-powerful, all loving God allow this to happen.

Steve said:

“There’s no way. No way, you know, a God can exist that allows this kind of stuff to happen. If He does He is obviously not as powerful and everyone says He is… I rebelled against God. Hard core rebellion against God.”

Disillusioned he left the Church, tried some other religions including voodoo, but eventually chose atheism. At that point, he began to organize and work fervently to convince people there is no God.

Looking back, Steve says he now realizes he was just livid at God. Though he was promoting his atheistic views through several avenues, inside he was struggling. God was not done with him yet.

One day in frustration, he prayed and asked God for a sign and he received an “eye-opening” vision or dream.

In the interview with the Indy Star, Steve said:

“I woke up with just this really weird feeling of love and forgiveness, talked to my wife about it and prayed and things just kind of came into perspective.”

The experience led him to repent of his sins and ask God for forgiveness. Steve said, “I became a born-again Christian, again.” He says through his Atheism he still inside believed, but was overwhelmed with his anger and rebellion.

He realized that God still loved him and that “I gave up on Someone Who never gave up on me.”

After reading the article, AFA spokesman Walker Wildmon tracked down Steve and after a series of texts confirmed that Tillman had genuinely converted.

Steve told Wildmon that there has been a complete turnaround. Once he promoted atheism, but today Steve says:

“The strangest part is this calling I feel to spread the Word of God, like the pulpit has a huge magnet pulling me in.”

My name is Steve Tillman, an ex-atheist who did everything to suppress the idea of God but God wasn't done with me yet. Today I am a born again Christian.

Cc anas09, felixomor, sciencewatch, sonofthunder, Olaadegbu, muttleylaff, winner01
doctoralien, anas09, goodmuyis, bennyann, MsNGO40, malvisguy, scholar8600, temi4fash, ishilove, rekinomtla, bloodofthelamb[/qquote]
Satan keeps getting disappointments every day. How it makes me happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ishilove:
ButterflyLeo, this just affirms my position- Atheists are lost children angry at God and their way showing that anger is by denying his existence.

My sister, I never even start to dey post testimonies. By the time I am done the entire religious section daily would be testimonies of salvation from top to bottom.

This is the religious section and we need to take it back from those whose sole aim is to hijack it for their own deceptive gains.

We die here! smiley

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by ScienceWatch: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ishilove:

After studying the Atheists Training Manuel at this link
https://www.nairaland.com/4601231/atheist-finds-refuge-peace-christ#69128077
the 30 lessons have me doubting that Steve would be able to work together with atheists.

But I did some brain storming and came up with many ideas where atheists can effective use their skills learned in their Atheists Training Manuel and provide a positive benefit to humanity. Not to make them an overnight success I will go slow here.

1 of 30) They could go and criticize GMO foods.

2 of 30) They could go criticize the cheap Chinese crap.

3 of 30)
Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by ScienceWatch: 7:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
Butterflyleo:

This is the religious section and we need to take it back from those whose sole aim is to hijack it for their own deceptive gains.

We die here! smiley
Have You forgotten that this So-called Religious section is the sly brain-child of a self professed atheist setup to bait Christians for slaughter.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Have You forgotten that this So-called Religious section is the sly brain-child of a self professed atheist setup to bait Christians for slaughter.

I haven't forgotten. What the enemy meant for our doom will become our glory.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
ScienceWatch:
After studying the Atheists Training Manuel at this link
https://www.nairaland.com/4601231/atheist-finds-refuge-peace-christ#69128077
the 30 lessons have me doubting that Steve would be able to work together with atheists.

But I did some brain storming and came up with many ideas where atheists can effective use their skills learned in their Atheists Training Manuel and provide a positive benefit to humanity. Not to make them an overnight success I will go slow here.

1 of 30) They could go and criticize GMO foods.

2 of 30) They could go criticize the cheap Chinese crap.

3 of 30)

Buhahahahahahaha! You are a character cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2018
Butterflyleo:

My sister, I never even start to dey post testimonies. By the time I am done the entire religious section daily would be testimonies of salvation from top to bottom.

We die here! smiley
Amen! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by ScienceWatch: 8:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Then I bow my head to pray a prayer of thanks-giving for the promise Jesus gave when he said that no weapon formed against his church will prosper.
His word and JESUS is one. He said that the world will end but his words will remain forever.

Lord I bow my head in humility and reverance of your precious blood which is the most precious commodity this world will ever know.
Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the grace to see thousands receive your promises of demonic deliverance, impossible instant healings and mind blowing material blessings to confound science.

Yes let it rain !
Open the flood gates of heaven
Let your rain fall on us.

To die for Christ is to live.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Anas09: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2018
Ishilove:

Atheists are not lost my dear. They are suffering from Double Personality Syndrome (DPS). The demons taking their bodies as host, hates God and everything godliness, but their humanity knows there's God, because there's God in every consciousness of Man, hence the conflict within them.

One minute there's God, but He is wicked, the next minute, he doesn't exists. They talk about God more than they talk about Science. And, why is their fight focused more on the Christian God?

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by ScienceWatch: 8:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Then I bow my head to pray a prayer of thanks-giving for the promise Jesus gave when he said that no weapon formed against his church will prosper.
His word and JESUS is one. He said that the world will end but his words will remain forever.

Lord I bow my head in humility and reverance of your precious blood which is the most precious commodity this world will ever know.
Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the grace to see thousands receive your promises of demonic deliverance, impossible instant healings and mind blowing material blessings to confound science.

Lord you said "It is done." While you hung on the cross at Calvery. I celebrate that victory with you my Lord.

Yes let it rain !
Open the flood gates of heaven
Let your rain fall on us.

To die for Christ is to live.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by ScienceWatch: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
Anas09:

Atheists are not lost my dear. They are suffering from Double Personality Syndrome (DPS). The demons taking their bodies as host, hates God and everything godliness, but their humanity knows theirs God, because there's God in every consciousness of Man, hence the conflict within them.

One minute there's God, but He is wicked, the next minute, he doesn't exists. They talk about God more than they talk about Science. And, why is their fight focused more on the Christian God?

Thank you so much ANAS09. You have exposed the core of the Atheists problem.
It is demonic forces driving their behaviour and false destructive beliefs.

I studied the SATANIC Atheists Training Manuel kindly reposted by Butterflyleo here. It answers questions that atheists refused to answer when asked what they have to offer humanity.

If you put their Atheists Training Manuel next to one Gospel, you will see pathetic darkness from the ATM and very bright light coming from the GOSPELS.
Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 6:16am On Jul 08, 2018
God delivers absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by winner01(m): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2018
God be praised!!! Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The "keep your pity" aspect got me rolling on the floor!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1 Like

Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
When love conquers
Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The "keep your pity" aspect got me rolling on the floor!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Very apt and calmly delivered
Re: Atheist Leader Steve Tillman Becomes A Born Again Christian .. Again! by Butterflyleo: 6:52am On Jul 15, 2018
winner01:
God be praised!!! Amen.

Amen and amen

(1) (Reply)

Watch This Wonderful Things That God Did To This Woman / PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE PANEL ADVERTISING IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Is Kanye West REALLY A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.