Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? (2291 Views)

Mbaka: I Will Not Worship At Catholic Church Again - Nigerian Man / Will God Send Me To Hell Because Of This? {PHOTO} / Things You Should Never Do In A Church Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
Zenithpeak:

Ha!....... Honestly I don't intend to start any discussion on this matter but purgatory doctrine is mere one sided business motive, the other party gains absolutely nothing.

There is no middle ground between heaven and hell.

No other propitaion for sin after death.

No material things can make up for one's wrong doings after death.

The universe was not designed that way.

We believe such doctrine because of our gullibility and timidity in asking critical questions from our religious leaders.

A lot deception has been in circulation before our parents were born but unfortunately, we enlightened generations can not free our parents from eternal deception despite spending huge amount of money to get educated. If we continue like this, our children have no life.

not mean any harm bro.
tnx
Me I don't want 2 no.
I accept wat I was thought
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by luvmijeje(f): 4:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
OP, this thread remind me of my one of favorite song.*start singing*
In your presence I'm happy. In your presence I'm so glad *end singing*

Op, I know you can't be like me but I can only advise. Being in God's presence is not going to church Sir. It's being in his presence 24/7 of your life and you can only do that by by hearing and hearkning to him every seconds of your life.

When you start doing that, what your priest says won't matter. You can be going to church and be disobedience. You will still go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 5:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
luvmijeje:
OP, this thread remind me of my one of favorite song.*start singing*
In your presence I'm happy. In your presence I'm so glad *end singing*

Op, I know you can't be like me but I can only advise. Being in God's presence is not going to church Sir. It's being in his presence 24/7 of your life and you can only do that by by hearing and hearkning to him every seconds of your life.

When you start doing that, what your priest says won't matter. You can be going to church and be disobedience. You will still go to hell.
I don't undastand u.
Dis post hv confuse me d more
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
Oh well, I haven't been to Church since September last year soo..... Be at Peace with yourself, neighbors and God my brother. Those Churches will never ask you "what is wrong" ooooo... mba they won't.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by luvmijeje(f): 5:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
I don't undastand u.
Dis post hv confuse me d more

I know what I said is much for you. So let me simplify it. Just because you didn't go to church doesn't me you will go to hell as long as your heart is with God. You're the temple of God. It's wherever you're in obedience is where God is.

I know that's also much for you.

1 Like

Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 5:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
luvmijeje:

I know what I said is much for you. So let me simplify it. Just because you didn't go to church doesn't me you will go to hell as long as your heart is with God. You're the temple of God. It's wherever you're in obedience is where God is.

I know that's also much for you.
wat u said is too much for ur fada's brain.
Y d insult?
U wia talking in parables.human being is not the temple of God.Christ ask peter to build the church which is his temple.
That temple is the Vatican
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Is like u r not a Catholic. Dat is wat we r thought in the church.
nope,

indulgence in sin is not an option
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:

Okay I will try. Tanks for dis advice. But it is because we must sin dat we have Confession. So dt d sin u have already sinned will be pardoned.
N it dont heap up
nope, we have confession so we can sin no more
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
I didn't go 2 mass since last week because am depress.
Sometimes I serve mass.I am very active in my diocese
And I always go 4 confession.but I hv not sinx last week

So today my revered father call me and say dt I hv change dat if I die,no amount of prayer will snd me 2 purgatory.
I WS so angry because he dint ask me wat is wrong wit me.
He just start accusing me dat I am a hell fire candidate.
Becos I didnt come for today mass.

If not dat he is a man of God I will HV tell him fork u n end d call.
But I endure.
what type of depression, are you seeing a doctor?
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Didcot: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
No.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by UbiPetrus: 6:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Y d insult?
U wia talking in parables.human being is not the temple of God.Christ ask peter to build the church which is his temple.
I am sure the Catholic Church didn't teach you this, Sir.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Y d insult?
the Catholic Church does not teach this
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Zenithpeak:

Ha!....... Honestly I don't intend to start any discussion on this matter but purgatory doctrine is mere one sided business motive, the other party gains absolutely nothing.

There is no middle ground between heaven and hell.

No other propitaion for sin after death.

No material things can make up for one's wrong doings after death.

The universe was not designed that way.

We believe such doctrine because of our gullibility and timidity in asking critical questions from our religious leaders.

A lot deception has been in circulation before our parents were born but unfortunately, we enlightened generations can not free our parents from eternal deception despite spending huge amount of money to get educated. If we continue like this, our children have no life.

not mean any harm bro.
if you don't understand something ask questions. don't just speak on hearsay from people who themselves are ignorant.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:
if you don't understand something ask questions. don't just speak on hearsay from people who themselves are ignorant.

If you know what I don't know about purgatory kindly bring it on.

With Biblical evidences. at least 2, because the Bible said 'with 2 or 3witnesses let every matter be judged'
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2018
Ubenedictus:
what type of depression, are you seeing a doctor?
not yet.
I wnt to commit suicide.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Dasgoro: 2:00am On Jul 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Will you stop preaching heresy this minute? Who told you that attending fellowship is requirement for heaven?

God has commandments which we must follow, love for enemies, love for brethren, love for God, forgiving heart, shunning immorality, idolatry, etc.

Fellowship with brethren is encouraged but not a necessity, however, if such fellowship will prevent one from serving God (like most of Nigeria's fellowship), Cut it off.

OP you won't go to hell for skipping fellowship

Kai, your body too hot lol.... You didn't see the sarcasm in my post. How can someone be expecting his pastor to approve if he will or will not make Heaven ; does that not show what kind of Christian he is
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Dasgoro: 2:03am On Jul 09, 2018
ITbomb:

A brother who has been consistent with church suddenly misses 2 straight masses and you don't care to ask what's wrong?

Instead all the Priest does is threats

Don't get worked up ; Like people, like priest
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by haaryobhami: 2:12am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:

If u r not so bad n ur sin is not plenty.
If u die, u will go to purgatory.

It is like a refinery where ur soul will be purified n polishd b4 u can enter heaven..
Mind u, u will stil be given punishment 4 ur sin.
Is not like u wil b flexin der.but d punishment is not as much as d punishment in helfire
does purgatory really exist,thought it's a myth
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by luvmijeje(f): 2:25am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Y d insult?

See someone who goes to church everyday of his life talking like an untrained person. Is this in the Bible? Did Christ not tell you to turn next chin when you're being slapped?

Church don't go through some of you. You will just be going through church.

Anyway back to the issue, sorry my post came across as insultive.Your reaction buttress my point. You have all seen going to church as ticket to heaven. And you all forget to work on your relationship with God. If your relationship with God is tight, you won't be afraid of hell.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 7:41am On Jul 09, 2018
haaryobhami:
does purgatory really exist,thought it's a myth
yes it does.
My aunty was dere until we book mass 4 ha
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:

So today my revered father call me and say dt I hv change dat if I die,no amount of prayer will snd me 2 purgatory.

But I endure.
Your priest was a bit harsh on you but to a large extend he is right. As a Christian, we ought to pay our tithe of time to God. Same way we have no excuse for leisure is same way God sees us. When we spend more time on leisure or other things without giving Yahweh his own, it will be difficult to share the same glory with him on the last day. This secret is what many preachers are not saying because they don't want to loose members.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:

My reverend fada ws harsh by condemin me wtout askin y d change.

So I will not enta heaven because I didn't go to church.
That is a fallacy
It is not a fallacy but a reality, God is very strict on that aspect
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:15am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
not yet. I wnt to commit suicide.
go see a doctor ASAP
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by BluntBoy(m): 9:31am On Jul 09, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:

But I endure.

You won't go to hell.

We are not saved by duty (church going) but by Grace through the Death and Ressurection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you like go to Church every hour, if you don't sincerely believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, there is no how you can make heaven.
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33am On Jul 09, 2018
Zenithpeak:

If you know what I don't know about purgatory kindly bring it on.

With Biblical evidences. at least 2, because the Bible said 'with 2 or 3witnesses let every matter be judged'
enjoy

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/is-purgatory-in-the-bible
Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2018
Dasgoro:

Kai, your body too hot lol.... You didn't see the sarcasm in my post. How can someone be expecting his pastor to approve if he will or will not make Heaven ; does that not show what kind of Christian he is
Bad pikin

1 Like

Re: Will I Go 2 Hell Because I Dont Go To Church Again? by Dasgoro: 11:39am On Jul 09, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Bad pikin
we don see them plenty for this forum... lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Not To Be Poor As A Child Of God - Archbishop Benson Idahosa / Why Are Nigerian Churches So Greedy? / 10 Extremely Weird Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.