Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This (612 Views)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / The Question No Christian Can Answer / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Whysoserious: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Okay I understand many christians don't believe the God of the bible is the God of the Quran, are you of the Christians that understands that there is a God, and then there is Jesus?. You see, I won't lie to you, I am a slave to the truth and I swear I would not lie. We gain nothing in that. I have come to understand no matter the religion, there would always be sects and branches. This is on deeper study of religions and I have tried to research quite a few. In Islam, we have two major sides, we have the Sunnis and shia and we have some differences....but the Sunnis are more than the shias so majorly the Sunnis dominate. In my study of Christianity, there are many christian divisions. I have these elderly neighbor, she says she is a Mormon and she said Jesus is the third of the God head and therefore, Jesus is God. I love Jesus, I read the bible and I really like the 8 beatitudes on the mountain. I had a little discussion with this woman and I was a bit confused about the nature of Jesus(God) in this verse Mark 11:12–14. I told her I don't think this would have been an attribute of God because 1. Jesus(God) was supposed to know it was not the season of the fig and 2. Rather than curse the fig tree here, God would have done another miracle and make the fig tree bring forth fruit when it was not the time for it.
Later, she told me Jesus was telling a parable to the disciples. I would not take this idea and many more and so she decided she would invite her Bishop from the Jesus Latter day saints to come have a dialogue with me. I can't even call myself a scholar of Islam yet but here I was, supposed to face the highest personnel in the latter day church haha but I assure you, I held up pretty well. I can only say I read lots of scriptures. Just yesterday, the Bishop came over to talk to me and we started to talk. We went back to the cursing of the fig tree and I asked him to explain it to me. He said that part was symbolic of something and I asked what? and he came with the holy spirit and faith thing. I don't like this. I asked him, does this mean, if a man stranded on an island found a bible, he wouldn't be able to understand that this is supposed to be the words of God? So he said something which I want to confirm. He told me that the bible has a lot of interpolations in it and that is owing to the long period of translations. I told him saying a statement like this was equal to shooting oneself in the leg because if a bishop says the bible has been corrupted, how does the christian know which is the interpolation or not??. He came back to the holy spirit and no I won't take it of course. So, here, I would tender my questions.

1. What does the cursing of the fig tree signify?. If you feel this is divinity then please explain how to me.
2. If the bible used "the son of man" 81 times and "the son of God" way less than 12 times in the bible, why do Christians stick to this more?
3. We all would agree that no prophecy would go unfulfilled because Jesus (pbuh) said so and I believe. Prophesies in revelation are different.
They refer to the end times and that was not when Jesus preached although he would return. Now, Jesus was saying no prophecy prior to
and in his time will go unfulfilled. Now there is a certain prophecy which "got away" as it occurs to me because Christians do not refer to it
although Jesus clearly stated it. Matthew 12:38–41. This is the sign of Jonah. I would say this prophecy got away although we Muslims
believe it was fulfilled but the Christians never talk about it. Please explain.
4. This one is actually big because I spend a lot of time thinking about it. It has to do with the BEGOTTEN state of Jesus in legitimacy to being
God's son. We would all agree majority of Christians do not believe that Ishmael is a legitimate son of Abraham, I asked why and they
claimed Isaac was refer to as "my only son" by Abraham in the bible and this is owing to the fact that ABRAHAM AND HAGAR ARE NOT
LEGALLY MARRIED. I would have no disagreement with this concept because it is quite logical as far as legitimacy of marriage goes. But here
is my question. In the beatitude, Jesus said "blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called THE SONS OF GOD". Now I ask, what is
Jesus trying to say here? That the peace makers would be his brothers and sisters?. Would they also be BEGOTTEN sons of God?. A regular
christian would say no. That Jesus is not a mere SON OF GOD but a PRACTICAL, DIRECT AND BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD. Now I ask them
to explain this to me. I don't want to believe we need the holy spirit to explain this English Phrases. SON OF GOD and BEGOTTEN SON OF
GOD. The answers I have gotten so far are far from satisfactory and I wonder how Christians do not see the trap in this. If we would break it
down, we would come to the epiphany that Christians have been saying something negative about the Almighty God all along. Let's try to
break it down.

A. Abraham + Sarah(Legally married wife) = BEGOTTEN SON ISAAC
B. Abraham + Hagar (Servant of the Abraham family,no legal marriage, illegal union) = Son Ishmael partial bastard as far as legitimacy goes.
Out of wedlock.

Now Before Mary conceived of Jesus, what would we call Mary?? Servant of God or Daughter of God?? Let's take servant of God first.
If BEGOTTEN means more than just a SON OF GOD.

God + Mary (servant of God, no legal marriage) = Son Jesus.

from B in the above,

God + Mary (servant of God, no legal marriage) = BEGOTTEN son Jesus..partial Bastard as far as legal marriages goes....Out of wedlock.

This is if you agree Mary is a SERVANT OF GOD.

IF Mary is a CHILD OF GOD...

God + Mary (Daughter of God due to divine blessing of the divine womb) = BEGOTTEN Son...Jesus. Incest. THIS IS WORSE.

Now, if the word BEGOTTEN son is to have more value than SON OF GOD Jesus mentioned in the Beatitude, then that means, Christians either calls God a God that practices Incest with his daughter or a God who brought forth a partial Bastard with his servant. In Islam, we don't have all these confusing concepts and yes I would still come back to the Quran and some comments made.

It must be noted I am not trying to offend anyone with these, but let us just consider these things like regular people without the holy spirit. Let's just assume at this moment I am an atheist having issues with the logic behind the state of the Nature of Jesus as a BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD. Also please take into accounts what Acts 3 : 25 - 26 says in the King James version vs The New king James version.

I have come to ask a few of the questions here because the Bishop had to tell me he would come another day and have a "proper" conversation with me. I imagine he would prepare a load of defenses for the bible LOL but the more I read the bible, the more Questions I need to ask Christians who believe in the totality of this to be the words of God.

Let me speak a little about the Quran so it isn't one-sided. Everything in the Quran is God's words on the Muslim's part. Now the structure of the Quran is what makes it stand aside from the other scriptural books in the world. It's not in a 3rd person view... for example, the only times when God isn't saying "I am this or that" or "I made this and that.." the Quran shows God to be saying "Remember when WE gave the Israelite dominion over their enemies....". Try to get my drift. Now, you won't find something like "and so Jesus approached a tree and he was hungry..." like it was a story..no. If that was to happen, it would be "remember when WE told Jesus, son of Mary, to approach such and such place.." and when you read this, you understand this is like a manual book where the owner and maker of the book is calling your attention to something. God is always direct. Do this, don't do that EOD. Clear. In some parts, he said "And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." Quran 9 : 5. I don't know why Christians genuinely believe this refers to Christians. Polytheists. Are Christians polytheists?. Do you worship multiple gods? A mainstream Christian would ideally not see this as Christians because they don't believe in the Trinity. Rather they believe in one God and maybe Jesus as his son. Either ways, they aren't polytheists. Polytheists were the pagans in Saudi Arabia in those times and besides, there was a treaty. We all know what a treaty is. If our soldiers and boko haram was to have a treaty because the boko haram senses our soldiers over powering them, it means they want to arrive at a consensus, right? A general agreement. Actually, this is a terrible analogy because we have to kill them on sight but I'm just trying to raise the general agreement point. Now, if after the treaty, they continue to go against the agreement, then our soldiers would be ordered by Our president to kill them on sight. Well, why should this be different to what happened in the Quran?. And yes you might want to say there should be freedom of choice. Paganism in Islam is what we call Shirk, and this is the most major sin. The one most hated by God. So worshiping things carved by man or stones and stars or whatever was very annoying to God as he clearly started in the Old Testament that he is a Jealous God.
Now, we Muslims believe every prophet in the bible were Muslims. When you are not a polytheist, then you are a monotheist as long as believing in God goes. It is now in the world that we don't have prophets that people choose to either believe in one God or not. Abraham would never have said "you can choose to believe in God or not". Neither would Moses, nor the others. They all said one thing "Believe in God and worship only God because only him has dominion over all things. Blessed be his name". Mohammed (pbuh) has the most gathering of people who believed in him and that's why he was able to wage wars then. He wouldn't be subjected to humiliation from mere mortals when he was a servant of God. He waged the wars because the enemies of Islam who didn't want the truth would have loved to kill him and silence the truth he was spreading. To us, we call the Jews Yehudi and Christians are Nasara. This isn't gotten from nazareth, no. Nasara means follower of Christ and these were the early disciples because in Quran 61 : 14, God narrated to us that "Jesus asked who would be his followers in worshipping God and the disciples said they were with him". This was said after he he said in this same Quran 61: 5 - 6 "That he has come to bring the gospel and upload the laws of the Torah(Moses's Commandments) and to confirm the coming of someone after him who's name is Ahmad". I'm not making this up, its for real. Later we would find in Deuteronomy 18 - 18 that there was a prophecy about a Prophet to come. He would be like Moses but he would be raised from amongst the brother of the Israelite. We Muslim believe this is the prophecy Jesus was talking about and we believe this person is the holy prophet Mohammed (pbuh). Why we believe Mohammed is more like Moses than any other other prophet mentioned in the bible is another topic entirely.
Now, this is not an attempt to talk to anyone about converting. This is rather proofs to show the God of the bible is also the God of the Muslims. For those saying Allah is an Arab idol, it would surprise you to realize that in the Arab christian bible, God is referred to as Allah. Shocker?? Well, I am not making any of these things up. That is why I put the references there. Just google if you can't get a physical English Quran. I don't want to spark hate but the truth is that, because Islam came way after Christianity, we are harmed with more knowledge about the things that happened in the bible. Some Christians claim the Quran was copied from the bible because most of the content is about the bible and we say no...not copied. It's almost the bible but God decided to throw more light and let whoever read it have more knowledge of what happened in the bible. The Quran and Islam isn't only for Arabs. It's for the world. All of us. For example, Christians generally believe Solomon was a wise King. But do they know how that was?. It's not like he has a reservoir brain for storing all the wisdom he had. The Christian would just agree he was wise and that is that. In the Quran however, God examples to us how he came to be wise. God said he gave Sulaimon (pbuh) the ability to communicate with animals, Jinns(spirits) and the wind. The spirit tells him so many things the normal human doesn't see, the animals especially the birds that travels far in the land comes to his window and they tell him all what they see all around the world. These are the things that made his knowledge grow so much that no one would be that wise as far as worldly intelligence goes. His Israel was the strongest....he could either use the soldiers, or the Jinns(the spirits) or to even be a cheat, use the wind to fight his battles. The Quran tells us all these whereas the Christians do not have this fact. I am not being offensive but the only thing a Christian knows about the Quran is where it is said that Early Muslims should kill the polytheists. This goes way deeper...but don't regard Islam as a religion of the hausas. The Hausas...most are illiterate so sometimes they misunderstand the translation....and don't see Islam as a religion of the Arab. Personally, I don't like the Arabs because Lord forgive me, Arabs are terrible people. Too much racism. Even they lack some of the things they are supposed to take important. Try to look at Islam as a religion that came after Christianity. You could pick up a Quran and read and ask a Muslim for things you do not understand. I am open for such topic as I have a group on whatsapp for this. here is my number 07085169127.

Ah, yes, how can I forget the issues of pedophilia?. Now, the prophet of Islam (pbuh) was gifted with the revelations in two versions...The revelation of the Quran...this he was supposed to record and recite and teach..... then the Revelation of direct Knowledge. When we speak of Holy women, after the mother Mary, Aisha (RA) is the next Muslims are taught to recognize. She was not the only 10 year old at the time the prophet (pbuh) "married" her. Just for evading arguments, I would just agree to that consensus. Marry. Now, she was not the only 10 years old and when God asked him to take her as his wife, he obeyed. You have to understand, these historical men of faith are not people like us with fluctuating faiths. When God tells them GO! that's it, no looking back, no questions, total believe in God. When God told Abraham to kill his son, that was it. That was the order, the next thing is to know when and where the order was to happen. Understand, from the time these people started having communication with God, most of their actions and behavior was divine-related. God told them what to do and they followed. Mohammed (pbuh) was having lots of followers, he could have married any woman which he did after Aisha but if by Marry you assume he was doing with her what couples did, you'd be wrong and may God forgive us all. She became the first woman to memorize the Quran because the prophet (pbuh) taught it to her and it was not until she came of age before she became his practical wife. God wanted to use her as the leading woman of the Arab world and such women aren't women to be seen around. Even Marry lived with her uncle Zachariah, in a house of worship, away from the outside world where temptations might have made her commit sins. So also was the Mother Aisha (RA) saved by God by telling the Prophet to put her under his roof and teach her the Quran. You probably picture a little girl of 10 crying not to be given to this man who is old enough to be her father. LOL. No. She was so happy. She didn't know about Mary then of course but later she got to understand she is one of the holy women to walk the earth. She was in the class of Mary. Prior to that, the Holy Prophet of God was instructed by God that he should take her under his roof. It was such a huge honor and she considered herself blessed. This is the real picture brothers and sisters. Rid yourself of the picture of a pathetic little girl being forced into marriage. LOL.

Another thing to be careful of is that, never once did God ask the prophet (pbuh) to tell his followers to marry 10 year olds. Just as Abraham was not instructed to tell his followers to sacrifice their only sons. Those types of instructions are directly within them and God. He did it but he was not asked to tell the Muslims to do it. The things he was asked to tell the Muslims to do, he told us and we try to live by it. So with all these, how can the Christian still claim we do not worship the same God when I probably know more about the bible stories than the ones the bible was given to?. Please I have said so much but I need people to explain to me the Questions from the bible in the above. I am not one of the Muslims that see a christian as enemy because I know maybe not now, many of you will still see the understanding someday, In sha Allah. It is God's grace to convert, I can not do that, what I can do is what I am doing. Explaining things so you guys can see we are one and almost the same. Just the things surrounding Jesus is what causes our breach. I await someone to answer my questions and ask me more questions about the Quran if need be. To join my whatsapp group where I explain more of the Quran to the best of my ability, please message me on 07085169127. Peace be unto you. You should also read Nehemiah 8 : 4-6 . This is how we Muslims pray, narrated in the bible. How can you not see we worship the same God. The world trying to cover some things up and we muslims can see it maybe not crystal clear yet but we see the parts. We would piece it all together soon. To know more, communicate with us Muslims. Though you know not all Muslims have time to do this LOL so ask people who are inclined. We have come here but to worship the one true God. Let us do that the right way.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Qu3sT(m): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2018
Ok
We af heard u undecided
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by CDCEO001: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
Who can summarize this for me?
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Whysoserious: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
LOL.... of course. This should be the normal reaction. At least my tirade is true and I still haven't found a single christian to answer the questions. Sad.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Whysoserious: 9:36pm On Jul 09, 2018
But okay, let me summarize it.
1. Why did Jesus curse the fig tree because he was hungry and he didn't get fruit on the tree as it wasn't the time of the fig.
2. Why is the son of God used more by christians even though the bible mentions the son of man 81x?
3. What did Jesus mean by he would be Like Jonah was in the belly of the fish?
4. How do you prove Jesus is the Legitimate and BEGOTTEN son of God?

Lobatan. Forget the Quran tirade. Too high level. Not every one can understand that so naturally it should bore most people. Let's focus on these questions first.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2018
Whysoserious:
But okay, let me summarize it.
1. Why did Jesus curse the fig tree because he was hungry and he didn't get fruit on the tree as it wasn't the time of the fig.
2. Why is the son of God used more by christians even though the bible mentions the son of man 81x?
3. What did Jesus mean by he would be Like Jonah was in the belly of the fish?
4. How do you prove Jesus is the Legitimate and BEGOTTEN son of God?

Lobatan. Forget the Quran tirade. Too high level. Not every one can understand that so naturally it should bore most people. Let's focus on these questions first.

This is better. I will take the questions one after another .
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by philipogunti: 10:30pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hello, I really commend your willing spirit to search for the truth and not sole dependence on religious leaders. I wasn't able to read all, perhaps when I have time, but I picked a statement and would love to highlight more on that. Question 4 is talking about son of God, only begotten son. This is a interesting one.
First, who is a son of God?
Jehovah God created everything but most important among his creatures are those that he created with the ability to emulate his qualities - Jesus (chief angel), angels, including man. But is man still a son of God. When God created Adam, he became part of God's family arrangement and thus Adam became perfect. But unfortunately he left God's family arrangement when he sinned and Jehovah God disowned him and he thus became imperfect. So we are not literally sons of God yet.
Second, why is Jesus God's only begotten son as stated in john 3:16?
The term only-begotten means to create wholly without any means or through any medium by the creator. Let me divert your mind to proverbs 8: 22-30 it talks about Jesus being produced as the beginning of God's way. Jesus was the first person God created (col 1:15). I also liked proverbs 8:30 which says he is God's master worker and Jehovah is really fond of him. That said, what about all other creations? These and many were created through Jesus thereby marking Jesus as a master worker.
Third, will humans regain their sonship right back, and when?
Well, when Adam sinned he lost his sonship. This can also be illustrated as Adam selling his descendants into sin and death. Sons of the true God don't die and Adam was not meant to die, so Adam, eve and his descendants are already sold into death. How do we regain them back? Well according to the mosaic law, there is a law that talks life for life and tooth for tooth(manslayer) so since Adam sold his descendants to death, a perfect human life was lost(Adam), a perfect human life needs to die that serves as a ransom to death. How will God do it? He used Jesus as perfect spirit creature, but why didn't he use the angels(perfect spirit creature)? Well so that Jesus can be first in all things. How? Remember Jesus was the first person God created, so when Jesus' ransom has been used thru his death and he dies. Jehovah God will resurrect him setting the model for future resurrections for ones who obey and exercise faith in Jehovah through Jesus. So Jesus will be first in all things to all sort of people.
Third, why is he called son of man and what is the difference between son of man and son of God?
When God transferred Jesus' spirit life into Mary's womb , she conceived a fleshly yet perfect creature through the help of the holy spirit. It applies to Jesus Christ and by means of his fleshly birth, he became a human and not simply a spirit creature with a materialized body. The phrase also indicates that Jesus would fulfill the prophecy recorded at Daniel 7:13, 14. By now, you know what son of God is. For more info pls visit Jw.org. My number is 08072020731 if you wish to pm me on whatsapp for indepth study.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2018
1. The cursing of the fig tree happened close to Passover. Sometime in April....

Figs were supposed to have fruits.

Mark 11 vs 13 recorded that Jesus approcahed the tree " expecting to find fruits on it"

He was expectant means that it was supposed to have fruits....

Now, it was empty....

a) This story had nothing to do with the divinity of Jesus.

b) A Righteous Judge who will judge all men would not have passed a wrong Judgement on a tree

The tree was supposed to have fruits...

c). The fig tree represented the state of the Jewish Religion......the fig had leaves that attracted Jesus to it..

Jerusalem was a center of worship and attention...

Men came to the GOD OF ISRAEL IN JERUSALEM only to find corruption among the chief priests and Pharisees

the Pharisees and the Religious leaders were hypocrite and wicked people on the inside..

The fig had leaves, it was fresh, but empty.

The passage taught the disciples faith. They would have confronted Jesus as to why he cursed the tree when it was not time for it to bear fruit.

They believed him More. They were not angry with him.

Also,

The cursing is a type of Judgement that would be passed on the Jewish nation (then)

They professed God and claimed to be children of Abraham but were actually worst that the so

Called Pagan Nation that surrounded them.

The tree had all the care..... it's leaves were attractive .....The Jewish nation enjoyed God's blessings and provisions.....

But God confirmed in the scriptures that they were worst than the surrounding pagan nation.

The tree lost it's pretence forever. It's leaves withered.

The Jewish Nation was destroyed.

No more Pretentious" Jerusalem who was Religious on the outside.....

But barren and dirty on the inside..

Are you a minister of God who pretends but is baren or Filth on the inside?

It is time to repent. Else.......?

The Bible says " An axe is laid on every tree that is not fruitful......"

Many times I have used my legs to bring down branches on the way side...No one questions me.

If the Creator of the world decide to destroy a tree to pass a message,

I have nothing against that.

A man was made blind from his mother's womb JUST TO REVEAL THE GLORY OF GOD.

God, please use me for Good example .....

He is the Almighty;. Good luck with questioning his actions.

As for me, I no dey.

1 Like

Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 11:05pm On Jul 09, 2018
philipogunti:
Hello, I really commend your willing spirit to search for the truth and not sole dependence on religious leaders. I wasn't able to read all, perhaps when I have time, but I picked a statement and would love to highlight more on that. Question 4 is talking about son of God, only begotten son. This is a interesting one.
First, who is a son of God?
Jehovah God created everything but most important among his creatures are those that he created with the ability to emulate his qualities - Jesus (chief angel), angels, including man. But is man still a son of God. When God created Adam, he became part of God's family arrangement and thus Adam became perfect. But unfortunately he left God's family arrangement when he sinned and Jehovah God disowned him and he thus became imperfect. So we are not literally sons of God yet.
Second, why is Jesus God's only begotten son as stated in john 3:16?
The term only-begotten means to create wholly without any means or through any medium by the creator. Let me divert your mind to proverbs 8: 22-30 it talks about Jesus being produced as the beginning of God's way. Jesus was the first person God created (col 1:15). I also liked proverbs 8:30 which says he is God's master worker and Jehovah is really fond of him. That said, what about all other creations? These and many were created through Jesus thereby marking Jesus as a master worker.
Third, will humans regain their sonship right back, and when?
Well, when Adam sinned he lost his sonship. This can also be illustrated as Adam selling his descendants into sin and death. Sons of the true God don't die and Adam was not meant to die, so Adam, eve and his descendants are already sold into death. How do we regain them back? Well according to the mosaic law, there is a law that talks life for life and tooth for tooth(manslayer) so since Adam sold his descendants to death, a perfect human life was lost(Adam), a perfect human life needs to die that serves as a ransom to death. How will God do it? He used Jesus as perfect spirit creature, but why didn't he use the angels(perfect spirit creature)? Well so that Jesus can be first in all things. How? Remember Jesus was the first person God created, so when Jesus' ransom has been used thru his death and he dies. Jehovah God will resurrect him setting the model for future resurrections for ones who obey and exercise faith in Jehovah through Jesus. So Jesus will be first in all things to all sort of people.
Third, why is he called son of man and what is the difference between son of man and son of God?
When God transferred Jesus' spirit life into Mary's womb , she conceived a fleshly yet perfect creature through the help of the holy spirit. It applies to Jesus Christ and by means of his fleshly birth, he became a human and not simply a spirit creature with a materialized body. The phrase also indicates that Jesus would fulfill the prophecy recorded at Daniel 7:13, 14. By now, you know what son of God is. For more info pls visit Jw.org. My number is 08072020731 if you wish to pm me on whatsapp for indepth study.

Well done sir.

However, I have few corrections to make.

1. Jesus was not created

Jesus was begotten. He is the physical image of the Father.

Unto us a child is born, his name is EVERLASTING FATHER, MIGHT GOD...etc.

Let's take the two names....

1. Everlasting Father.
Anyone who was created is not everlasting...at least there was a time such fellow was not existing.... before he was created...

2. Mighty God

God cannot be created.....

A human Son being called EVERLASTING FATHER is a.mystery ....A mystery that's now well understood.

Thanks to the holy Spirit.

Those names point to the divinity of Jesus.....

An eternal divinity....
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 11:16pm On Jul 09, 2018
2. Jesus is not "Chief Angel "

Come, Let us create man in our Image and after our Likeness

We don't have the image of Angels.

When Jesus came to the world, he didn't have wings.

God didn't call Angels to come and create man.

He called the son (the word) and the holy Spirit.

The three of them were present...

Remember the Bible says that " THE SPIRIT OF GOD WAS ON THE WATERS"

SPIRIT OF GOD WAS PRESENT.

when got spoke...LET THERE BE LIGHT...

He spoke the word.... Jesus went out and formed the sun.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Whysoserious: 9:24am On Jul 10, 2018
I do not where to begin this because I am getting two different views now.

@Mr Origina, you seem to have mixed the stories up. The event of the mark 11 : 13 is quite different from what you are giving me. You are giving me the explanation of Luke 13:6-9. Now, Jesus was not going to eat the jewish Nation as you are claiming LOL. These are two distinct different stories. Mark says Jesus approached it 1. Because he was hungry 2. Expecting to find fruit but he also added 3. For it was not the season of fig. I don't know how you explain this. Was Mark trying to confuse the people?? Or are you the one doing the thinking now that IT WAS the season of the fig and Mark was either lying, or made a mistake or....idk. You tell me. You call it the total word of God so...I don't know why this confusion is creeping up...and imagine, this lies on man's salvation.

Now I don't know, you guys should come to an agreement, Is Jesus a chief angel or word?? Or are these the same?

Now @Mr Philip, you said "only-begotten means to create wholly without any means or through any medium by the creator". It's funny because, in an attempt to prove/defend faith, we set aside our regular and mainstream knowledge of the English language. We all know what beget means, but here you are probably giving me the Holy spirit translated version. Any ways, as far as son of God title goes, it can still be explained. If you check this link, you will see how all the bible version refer to the word beget
http://biblehub.com/psalms/2-7.htm
It means to father, to sire. simple. I wonder how you guys will fix the son and the father together into one mental picture. Fantastic. But In the end I have probably wasted our precious times LOL. It is clearly evident we do not worship the same God. We worship the God Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon and the others spoke about. The very God the father in heaven that Jesus himself spoke about is who we Muslims worship. The Christians worship Jesus the God who died for their sins. It is settled then. To each his own as we await the arrival of the messiah. Salam...Shalom.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2018
Before I sent that reply, I knew you would refer to the statement

"The time of the fig was not yet"

The time for the gathering of fig was not yet. That's what that verse implied.

Do a little research on fig tree,

Their leaves are accompanied by the fruits.

It is a clear Reason that the character of Jesus would not have cursed the tree if it was not it's time to bear fruit.

This is settled.

The synoptic Gospel is an account of the life of Jesus. It was a summary.
Every account cannot be given in details...

The last chapter of the book of John mentioned this.

If you study the character of Jesus,

He won't cursed that tree if it was not it's time.

He would not have used the tree as an example if it's not a perfect fit for example.

Case closed.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by Originakalokalo(m): 10:28am On Jul 10, 2018
Whysoserious:
I do not where to begin this because I am getting two different views now.

@Mr Origina, you seem to have mixed the stories up. The event of the mark 11 : 13 is quite different from what you are giving me. You are giving me the explanation of Luke 13:6-9. Now, Jesus was not going to eat the jewish Nation as you are claiming LOL. These are two distinct different stories. Mark says Jesus approached it 1. Because he was hungry 2. Expecting to find fruit but he also added 3. For it was not the season of fig. I don't know how you explain this. Was Mark trying to confuse the people?? Or are you the one doing the thinking now that IT WAS the season of the fig and Mark was either lying, or made a mistake or....idk. You tell me. You call it the total word of God so...I don't know why this confusion is creeping up...and imagine, this lies on man's salvation.

Now I don't know, you guys should come to an agreement, Is Jesus a chief angel or word?? Or are these the same?

Now @Mr Philip, you said "only-begotten means to create wholly without any means or through any medium by the creator". It's funny because, in an attempt to prove/defend faith, we set aside our regular and mainstream knowledge of the English language. We all know what beget means, but here you are probably giving me the Holy spirit translated version. Any ways, as far as son of God title goes, it can still be explained. If you check this link, you will see how all the bible version refer to the word beget
http://biblehub.com/psalms/2-7.htm
It means to father, to sire. simple. I wonder how you guys will fix the son and the father together into one mental picture. Fantastic. But In the end I have probably wasted our precious times LOL. It is clearly evident we do not worship the same God. We worship the God Abraham, Moses, David, Solomon and the others spoke about. The very God the father in heaven that Jesus himself spoke about is who we Muslims worship. The Christians worship Jesus the God who died for their sins. It is settled then. To each his own as we await the arrival of the messiah. Salam...Shalom.

You worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

I will take this to be a joke.

It is a cheap joke.
A
This is Isaiah's prayer
Isaiah 63:16

Doubtless thou art our father, though Abraham be ignorant of us, and Israel acknowledge us not: thou, O LORD, art our father, our redeemer; thy name is from everlasting.

He referred to God as their Father. That makes them his children.

You guys are slaves to your god and it is a taboo to call him father.

Look at this also;

" For the Lord God himself shall give you a sign. A virgin shall conceive and bare a son and call his name Emmanuel"

The God of Israel promised a Messiah. All of them were ernestly waiting for him.

your god did not promise any Messiah.

You obviously don't serve the God of Israel.

Can you refer to your God as YAHWEH?

uh?

Tell me that the name of the God you serve you is Yahweh and I will believe you Know what you are saying.

My brother,

Jesus is the Saviour of the world.

He died for your sins and you can escape the wrath of God that is coming on mankind

If you accept his sacrifice on your behalf.

If you don't,

Jesus said you are Condemned Already.

I pray that you will give your life to him

So that you can have life and not condemned.
Re: I Bet Now Christian Can Explain This by kuss: 11:05am On Jul 10, 2018
Op i like your sincerity
I must agree you are a very sincere person
But you are sincerely wrong
08111299296 add me to your Whatsapp i enlighten you more

(1) (Reply)

If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? / Realistic Projections/predictions For 2019 As Against Prophesies Of Pastors / The Dry Bones Series: Can You Raise A Dry Bones Up? Ans: Yes, but..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.