Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,079 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (40128 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 3:19am On Jul 18, 2018
Mmmttttcheew..!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 3:20am On Jul 18, 2018
Mmttchewww..!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 3:29am On Jul 18, 2018
I follow Chris Okafor dare and double dare any Igbo to counter these facts on origins of the different people that make up Anioma.

If you need the two or three communities across the river that claim origin from Nri and Aro or Ngwa and Wawa, then focus on just your people and a way to bring them to join SE. You cannot drag everybody in Anioma to SE just because they speak Igbo. Moreover, they do not want association with SE, even with the acknowledgement of shared language. They claim elsewhere for root. Respect that!

You have Ebonyi, a full fledged Ibo, from head to toe, inside and out, that was carved out of Anambra. ....they speak same language as you do, eat same food as you, same culture, yet they are inferior to Anambra. Enugu is inferior to Anambra, Abia is inferior to Anambra. So let me ask you, when Anioma joins you as a SE state, is Anambra going to be inferior to Anioma or would it be other way?

grin

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by PabloAfricanus(m): 4:44am On Jul 18, 2018
clefstone:
Aboh remained neutral during the war. Yes, some Abohs living in PH and d East fought for Biafra but some others fought for the Federal troops. Today, we don't have the Biafra sentiments like the Igbo's do, we really don't care. The Igbo's keep telling their children how the Yoruba's are betrayers, how the middle belters were used by the Hausa-Fulanis etc, all because of that war. It is a sentiment shared by majority of Igbo's and it defines your people now. It affects their way of life and politics, it's become an Igbo thing. These are sentiments we do not share. While I will never judge the Igbo's for having these sentiments, the issues do not bother my people. Read about the Asaba massacre

This is such a cold blooded declaration of unbreakable enmity! What?
Are you guys for real? That is not an innocent statement at all.
The thought, reasoning and emotions behind that statement is one of implacable enmity.
You Aniomas basically started a fire that engulfed and almost wiped out Igbos,
A people you somehow speak their language, practice their tradition and customs,
I mean without any sense of shame or modesty you guys practically tell the whole world you lost your Bini language to Igbo traders
whom you keep on saying you never had anything to do with!
How did you then abandon your language to them?
How did the Igbos do it?
Are you forgetting that Bini has always been next door and till today Edo people have never spoken Igbo?

How come the first Igbo man who declared himself as Igbo to the British in Nigeria was Obi Ossai of Aboh?
Oh, you Aboh people suddenly developed selective amnesia and forgot your own history right?

So you are saying that even though the whole civil war thing was started by Aniomas, and Aniomas fought for the Igbos including
Nzeogwu himself, it simply does not matter or count.
What counts is your "sentiment" and whom you chose to share "your sentiment" with. That's cold mennnnn. cool cool
What matters is that you would rather be known as others who are not you, than sympathize with the only peoples you share anything with?
What matters is that you do not share in the sentiments of over 2 million people who were killed, starved and genocided for nothing...all because they refused to point out to the rest of Nigeria that actually you Aniomas are not Igbos?

What do you think would have happened if Igbo leaders and Ojukwu had publicly made the same announcement you are making now?

"These people who speak Igbo, bear Igbo names and basically practice Igbo customs and traditions are not Igbos, Nigerians beware and take note. Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna are actually Bini people bearing Igbo names and so Aniomas are responsible for Jan 15 1966."

What if the Igbos had teamed up with the Middle Belt, Yorubas and Hausas to bring the war to the very peoples who started the civil war?
I mean its easy, all it takes is a statement pointing out that the Igbos do not share the same sentiments with these Bini people across the Niger
who have been mistakenly identified as Igbos just because they speak Igbo and all that.
How about that? undecided

How many Igbo lives do you think would have been lost as compared to Anioma lives, if Ojukwu, Okpara and Zik had publicly denied you Aniomas in 1966?
You know just the same exact way men named Emeka Esogbue, Elechi Amadi, Bini men bearing Bini names such as Nwachukwu, Chukwuma, Ifeanyi are publicly and without any sense of remorse denying Igbos?
Who do you think the Northerners and the Yorubas would have bombed when they came to avenge Ahmadu Bello, Balewa, Akintola and Ademulegun?
I mean the Igbos were basically in charge of the Army, you remember that don't you?
Who stood to lose? Do you remember that the Eastern Region had the oil in the 60s and was poised to be the richest region?
Who truncated all that? Bini people bearing Igbo names and speaking Igbo remember?
How come the 1966 coup was never known as the Anioma coup?
Or I forgot, Aniomas were Igbos back then, but stopped sharing Igbo sentiments after the war! cry undecided
You guys are silly jokers grin cheesy

Let me show you why the joke is squarely on you Aniomas any way this story turns, heads or tails.
In fact your denial or non denial makes absolutely no difference. grin cheesy

These quotes are from "The Political Economy of Aboh, 1830-1857"
https://www.jstor.org/stable/3601659

Aboh traders certainly went beyond Asaba, for there was another major market forty-eight kilometers north of Idah, which the
Europeans called "Bocqua" or "Hickory" or "Iccory" and the Igala called "Ikiri."
In the early 1830s, Laird and Oldfield found that this market,which was held every ten days,
was "attended by Eboe [Aboh] and Attah[ Igala], and even Bonny traders from the south, and those from Eggan, Cuttum-Curaffee
[Koton-Karifi] and Fundah [Panda] in the north."

The Lander brothers who traveled up and down the Lower Niger in the early 1830s, identified Aboh as the most
important Igbo settlement in the region, and, although Obi Ossai had no political power beyond the banks of the Niger, they referred to him as the "king" of the Igbo.

In 1841, it was reported that Aboh dominated the Niger, from the Forcados River in the delta to Onitsha.
In the words of the British naval officers who led the 1841 Niger Expedition", Obi Ossai, King of the Ibu [Igbo], is therefore one of the
most powerful and influential rulers on the banks of the river."
The Obi was so confident of the geographical extent of his influence that he had readily assured them that he could "open the road from Aboh to
Benint to the English" traders.
By 1840, he certainly controlled the flow of trade from the areas to his north, specifically Igala and the hinterland Igbo
areas on either side of the Niger, as well as movements to and from the delta.

On the 1841 Niger Expedition, missionary interests were represented by the agents of the CMS: J. F. Schon, a German; Samuel Adjai
Crowther, a Yoruba ex-slave; and Simon Jonas, an Igbo ex-slave. At Aboh, the Obi seemed so impressed by Jonas' rendering of the Beatitudes (Matthew 5:3-11) in Igbo that he implored Jonas to stay on: "you must teach me and my people. The white people can go up the river without you: they must leave you here until other people come."

From the time of Obi Ossai, the Aboh leadership had been very accommodating of the Europeans.
In 1854, Chukwuma who received the Pleiad Expedition on behalf of the Obi, expressed "his satisfaction at seeing the whitemen here once more." (The British had not traveled up the Niger since the 1841 Niger Expedition.)
He recalled that his father (Obi Ossai) had enjoined his sons and heirs "always to be friends with white men."
Chukwuma then stressed that he and his people "would gladly attend to that bequest."
Like his late father he too was quite anxious that the British should "come regularly to trade."

The first Igbo peoples known to the British and whom they traded with and introduced Christianity to were the Abohs!
Ooops, I forgot or rather Obi Ossai and his sons forgot to tell the British about the Lufthansa flight that lifted them from Igueben LGA to Igbo lands in 1397!
I know of course, those historical records do not matter to a people who would rather "choose to identify" as others than their ancestral lineage.
The silliness of the pretend game you Aniomas are foisting on yourselves is just phenomenal!

Igbos should simply cut these people off, they are not worth having anything to do with.
A people who possess such volcanic levels of self hate and inferiority complex are a ticking time bomb.
They do not even hold a fraction of the hatred for the Middle Belt, Yorubas and Hausas who collaborated to kill them on their own their own lands during the civil war.
They have even forgotten by choice, that they suffered gruesome murders at the hands of the Binis, Urhobos, Ijaws and other ethnic groups who surround them, just because they have always known them as Igbos.
They would rather deny anything to do with Igbo and then keep on speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names and practicing Igbo culture and traditions, while expecting Igbos and the rest of Nigeria to take them serious.
This level of self imposed confusion is what no sensible people should allow in their midst.

In fact, I think it's the Binis who should be extra wary of these shape shifting deniers of history and ancestry, whose sentiments can determine their identities.
LOL, what a funny people grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by PabloAfricanus(m): 4:49am On Jul 18, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
If any mod block or hide my posts here anymore I will make sure I report the issue to supermod and with copy direct to Seun' personal email. You will not censor my freespeech rights. Not here in Nairaland. If you dont like opposition to yanminri carry your nylon bag you brought with you to Yorubaland and return back to village. angry

Ugbodu is a Yoruba community and part of Anioma. As a Yorubaman I earn right to speak on Anioma thread.

You are a Yoruba guy I guess?
Can I ask you some questions related to Yoruba history if you don't mind?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 5:18am On Jul 18, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

You are a Yoruba guy I guess?
Can I ask you some questions related to Yoruba history if you don't mind?

Sir go ahead please. For the record, I am indeed Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Emycord: 7:21am On Jul 18, 2018
PabloAfricanus:
This is such a cold blooded declaration of unbreakable enmity! What? That is not an innocent statement at all.
The thought, reasoning and emotions behind that statement is one of implacable enmity.
A people you somehow speak their language, practice their tradition and customs,
I mean without any sense of shame or modesty you guys practically tell the whole world you lost your Bini language to Igbo traders
How did the Igbos do it?
WAIT o did they say they lost thier language to traders? while the igala living in anambra state for million of years near the cradle of igbo nation and civilisation hav not lost thiesr till date? how come a far distanced bini lose his own, to a mere trader? on a good day a trader should learn the language of the locals not other way round

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by rhektor(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2018
Pabloafricanus you have not gotten your questionss together since 4:59 am, which BabaRamota1980 has responded to you to ask since 5:18 am. Maybe you have not summon the courage to ask or you are afraid of what your question might birth. Either way we are waiting for that question
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

How did the Igbos do it?
Are you forgetting that Bini has always been next door and till today Edo people have never spoken Igbo?

How come the first Igbo man who declared himself as Igbo to the British in Nigeria was Obi Ossai of Aboh?
Oh, you Aboh people suddenly developed selective amnesia and forgot your own history right?

So you are saying that even though the whole civil war thing was started by Aniomas, and Aniomas fought for the Igbos including
What counts is your "sentiment" and whom you chose to share "your sentiment" with. That's cold mennnnn. cool cool
What matters is that you would rather be known as others who are not you, than sympathize with the only peoples you share anything with?
What matters is that you do not share in the sentiments of over 2 million people who were killed, starved and genocided for nothing...all because they refused to point out to the rest of Nigeria that actually you Aniomas are not Igbos?

What do you think would have happened if Igbo leaders and Ojukwu had publicly made the same announcement you are making now?

"These people who speak Igbo, bear Igbo names and basically practice Igbo customs and traditions are not Igbos, Nigerians beware and take note. Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna are actually Bini people bearing Igbo names and so Aniomas are responsible for Jan 15 1966."

What if the Igbos had teamed up with the Middle Belt, Yorubas and Hausas to bring the war to the very peoples who started the civil war?
I mean its easy, all it takes is a statement pointing out that the Igbos do not share the same sentiments with these Bini people across the Niger
who have been mistakenly identified as Igbos just because they speak Igbo and all that.

How many Igbo lives do you think would have been lost as compared to Anioma lives, if Ojukwu, Okpara and Zik had publicly denied you Aniomas in 1966?
You know just the same exact way men named Emeka Esogbue, Elechi Amadi, Bini men bearing Bini names such as Nwachukwu, Chukwuma, Ifeanyi are publicly and without any sense of remorse denying Igbos?
Who do you think the Northerners and the Yorubas would have bombed when they came to avenge Ahmadu Bello, Balewa, Akintola and Ademulegun?
I mean the Igbos were basically in charge of the Army, you remember that don't you?
Who stood to lose? Do you remember that the Eastern Region had the oil in the 60s and was poised to be the richest region?
Who truncated all that? Bini people bearing Igbo names and speaking Igbo remember?
Or I forgot, Aniomas were Igbos back then, but stopped sharing Igbo sentiments after the war! cry undecided

Let me show you why the joke is squarely on you Aniomas any way this story turns, heads or tails.

The first Igbo peoples known to the British and whom they traded with and introduced Christianity to were the Abohs!
Ooops, I forgot or rather Obi Ossai and his sons forgot to tell the British about the Lufthansa flight that lifted them from Igueben LGA to Igbo lands in 1397!
I know of course, those historical records do not matter to a people who would rather "choose to identify" as others than their ancestral lineage.
The silliness of the pretend game you Aniomas are foisting on yourselves is just phenomenal!

Igbos should simply cut these people off, they are not worth having anything to do with.
A people who possess such volcanic levels of self hate and inferiority complex are a ticking time bomb.
They do not even hold a fraction of the hatred for the Middle Belt, Yorubas and Hausas who collaborated to kill them on their own their own lands during the civil war.
They have even forgotten by choice, that they suffered gruesome murders at the hands of the Binis, Urhobos, Ijaws and other ethnic groups who surround them, just because they have always known them as Igbos.
They would rather deny anything to do with Igbo and then keep on speaking Igbo, bearing Igbo names and practicing Igbo culture and traditions, while expecting Igbos and the rest of Nigeria to take them serious.
This level of self imposed confusion is what no sensible people should allow in their midst.

In fact, I think it's the Binis who should be extra wary of these shape shifting deniers of history and ancestry, whose sentiments can determine their identities.

Chai. U will be like tmoro because tmoro neva ends. Beautiful piece by u. Don't mind them. Chai xcess oyel dey ur head.

4 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2018
Emycord:
WAIT o did they say they lost thier language to traders? while the igala living in anambra state for million of years near the cradle of igbo nation and civilisation hav not lost thiesr till date? how come a far distanced bini lose his own, to a mere trader? on a good day a trader should learn the language of the locals not other way round
beautiful. Ask them oooo
We came and gave them enuani language and they lost their language and also their way of life and also when the trading was going on. We named all their bini villages and their monarchs igbo name.... And changed their bini food to igbo food.and also when trading was going on. We introduced our festivals to them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:20pm On Jul 18, 2018
Chai so the name obi.. Ave turned into oba. Obi which the is very important to any igbotic man. Names like nzeakonobi. Obiadada. Obiadimbugha. Obieze. Obidienu. Chai. All this names which portrays how the obi is highly respected in igbo land. The sacred place which every tittle man must ave... U play every where in ur fathers house but u dare not try it in the obi of ur father..even women dare not enter there without permission.. Even the elders ave the right to send the queen of the land out of the obi in de house of the king for them to do their meeting. The only small but powerful area in every house of a tittle man. Nze. Ozo. Eze. Igwe. Any person who still upholds the culture of ndigbo where the woman don't ave right in ave turned into a bini name oba. Chai...
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:29pm On Jul 18, 2018
Chai
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by mrhowoto: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

How did the Igbos do it?

Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2018
PabloAfricanus:

How did the Igbos do it?

u finished that Aboh dude.

Igbos really lost a lot after that coup. And the fall out was handled poorly by Aguiyi. He should have ruthless killed nzeogwu and co and then made adequate provisions for his own personal security...knowing reasonably that the north would try something.

When aguiyi was killed..ojukwu should have gotten the west and mid west assurances of solidarity b4 going to war. There was no way the north alone would have defeated the south.

As for Anioma...me thinks its time we add them to south east. Even if many deny being igbo, with them in south east..we can re-write that narrative slow and steady
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by aniomafirstson: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:

Igbos really lost a lot after that coup. And the fall out was handled poorly by Aguiyi. He should have ruthless killed nzeogwu and co and then made adequate provisions for his own personal security...knowing reasonably that the north would try something.

When aguiyi was killed..ojukwu should have gotten the west and mid west assurances of solidarity b4 going to war. There was no way the north alone would have defeated the south.

As for Anioma...me thinks its time we add them to south east. Even if many deny being igbo, with them in south east..we can re-write that narrative slow and steady
It wasn't ojukwu's fault in anyway

ojukwu went to war bearing in mind what awolowo told him that if igbos secede the Yorubas would follow suit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 6:15pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:

I don't understand the premise of this thread. WTF do we gain from adding Anioma to SE.

In the first place your SE or SS and all the other so called "geo-political zones" are not even recognized by your scam 1999 "constitition". So what difference does it make if you decide to pretend that Benue or Rivers or Anioma is in the SE? Does it improve our lives in any way? Revenue is not even shared on the basis of "geo-political zones".

In the second place, the way I understand the principal argument for the creation of an additional states is to increase the number of states in the SE to achieve some parity with other zones. I don't seee how creating a state in another region and pretending that new state is in the SE corrects that inequality.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

I don't understand the premise of this thread. WTF do we gain from adding Anioma to SE.

In the first place your SE or SS and all the other so called "geo-political zones" are not even recognized by your scam 1999 "constitition". So what difference does it make if you decide to pretend that Benue or Rivers or Anioma is in the SE? Does it improve our lives in any way? Revenue is not even shared on the basis of "geo-political zones".

In the second place, the way I understand the principal argument for the creation of an additional states is to increase the number of states in the SE to achieve some parity with other zones. I don't seee how creating a state in another region and pretending that new state is in the SE corrects that inequality.
well if u are igbo u will see reason.
1. With nigerians clamouring for restructure and regionalism, the 6 geopolitical zones will be legalised at some point in the future.
2. If 1 above happens, the SE will be the smallest zone....with large population density.
3. If we however have ANIOMA which is a large land mass, we increase the area of SE.
4. If Biafra is being discussed at anytime in future, then we would know that we already have Anioma...so need to attach the whole of non-igbo delta state..unless they come willingly.
5. With ANIOMA created and joined in SE, the igbos and ikwerres in Rivers will be more open to associate with SE.

Bro dont think that Nigeria will always remain one and undivided...that is not true....even china divided (taiwan)...even ussr and yugoslavia, sudan etc all divided.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
1. With nigerians clamouring for restructure and regionalism, the 6 geopolitical zones will be legalised at some point in the future.
2. If 1 above happens, the SE will be the smallest zone....with large population density.
3. If we however have ANIOMA which is a large land mass, we increase the area of SE.
4. If Biafra is being discussed at anytime in future, then we would know that we already have Anioma...so need to attach the whole of non-igbo delta state..unless they come willingly.
5. With ANIOMA created and joined in SE, the igbos and ikwerres in Rivers will be more open to associate with SE.

Bro dont think that Nigeria will always remain one and undivided...that is not true....even china divided (taiwan)...even ussr and yugoslavia, sudan etc all divided.

Maybe I am thick but it's not exactly clear how adding people of very doubtful loyalty to you region helps you.

The benefits of a large underdeveloped "land mass" isn't also very clear to me as I can't see any correlation between land mass and prosperity. Actually, there is more evidence for the exact opposite. Conceptually, it requires less resources to develop a more compact area. The beneficial economies of urbanisation are easier to exploit in an area with a denser population.

I think we should spend our energies discussing things that are more beneficial to us rather than drinking Panadol for other people's headache. I personally have no business with all these Bini people you're talking about in Delta and Rivers state. We have already "dashed" them our language (since they can't remember their original Bini tongue). What more do you want us to do? Na we born them?

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 7:05pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

Maybe I am thick but it's not exactly clear how adding people of very doubtful loyalty to you region helps you.

The benefits of a large underdeveloped "land mass" isn't also very clear to me as I can't see any correlation between land mass and prosperity. Actually, there is more evidence for the exact opposite. Conceptually, it requires less resources to develop a more compact area. The beneficial economies of urbanisation are easier to exploit in an area with a denser population.

I think we should spend our energies discussing things that are more beneficial to us rather than drinking Panadol for other people's headache. I personally have no business with all these Bini people you're talking about in Delta and Rivers state. We have already "dashed" them our language (since they can't remember their original Bini tongue). What more do you want us to do? Na we born them?
well i wont drag anything with u. It is ur right to choose ur own believes.

But Asaba people are proudly igbo and not only Asaba..many anioma people as well. so there are some of them who identify more with their bini roots...so wat? They are all anioma and they all want anioma state.

Unlike us in the south who play childish politics..the core north knows the importance of appearing as ONE.

Just imagine if all Igbo speakers are in south east zone (including ikwere people). The south east would be a force to reckon with. Right now we are weak because we are as divided as fvck. The north and the west knows this and would do everything possible to frustrate anioma joining SE. Why are u helping them in that regard?

As for development and small land mass, there is a reason USA of 340 million people has a larger economy than EU of 540 million people.

Land mass and population are the 2 most important assets that make a great nation.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Donarozzi: 7:10pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:

Excellent points for the Igbo nation

https://www.nairaland.com/2515691/anioma-state-best-choice-ndigbo

https://www.nairaland.com/2390549/why-some-s-southerners-denounce-igbo

https://www.nairaland.com/3350670/igbo-vs-delta-igbo-what-guy/39#49762129

https://www.nairaland.com/4263684/finding-solutions-many-ndi-igbo-problems

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
well i wont drag anything with u. It is ur right to choose ur own believes.

But Asaba people are proudly igbo and not only Asaba..many anioma people as well. so there are some of them who identify more with their bini roots...so wat? They are all anioma and they all want anioma state.

Unlike us in the south who play childish politics..the core north knows the importance of appearing as ONE.

Just imagine if all Igbo speakers are in south east zone (including ikwere people). The south east would be a force to reckon with. Right now we are weak because we are as divided as fvck. The north and the west knows this and would do everything possible to frustrate anioma joining SE. Why are u helping them in that regard?

As for development and small land mass, there is a reason USA of 340 million people has a larger economy than EU of 540 million people.

Land mass and population are the 2 most important assets that make a great nation.

Regarding the highlighted, “appearing” is very apt especially just before the seasonal bloodletting.

You’re being disingenuous blaming people from the North and West for dividing Igbo speakers when it’s your Bini “brothers and sisters” like Onochie et al that have been shouting from the roof tops that they are not Igbo. I am only accepting their words.

For me, even if Igboland comes down to only my hometown Nkwerre, I wouldn’t care. Lichtenstein with a population of ca 50k has one of the highest per capital incomes (true measure of national success). Holland is the second highest exporter of agricultural products in the world (after the USA) their population density probably exceeds that of Igboland.

We need cohesion and singleness of purpose. Quality before quantity, not adding all sorts of people of very doubtful loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 7:54pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

Regarding the highlighted, “appearing” is very apt especially just before the seasonal bloodletting.

You’re being disingenuous blaming people from the North and West for dividing Igbo speakers when it’s your Bini “brothers and sisters” like Onochie et al that have been shouting from the roof tops that they are not Igbo. I am only accepting their words.

For me, even if Igboland comes down to only my hometown Nkwerre, I wouldn’t care. Lichtenstein with a population of ca 50k has one of the highest per capital incomes (true measure of national success). Holland is the second highest exporter of agricultural products in the world (after the USA) their population density probably exceeds that of Igboland.

We need cohesion and singleness of purpose. Quality before quantity, not adding all sorts of people of very doubtful loyalty.

its not true that holland has the 2nd highest agric import in the world. Holland is not even in 1st 10. China, india, indonesia etc are. As for onochie...she is one of those that say they are not igbo...wat about the current king of asaba, the former ohaneze president from delta? Will u discount them?

U say even if igboland comes to down to only u town u dont care. Well we sensible igbos who understand the politics care. And that is why we would openly campaign for the inclusion of igbo speakers in south south into south east. With all ur e.g of leichester or wateva...the fact remains that the map of igboland is bigger than the current south east and opens up to the sea in port harcourt and we must fight to keep it that way.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ikenna0b: 8:02pm On Jul 18, 2018
I'm going to say this and I'm going to say this one last time for those that keep cc me back into this mess. I've tapped out. This argument does not interest me nor concern me. I've already told una if you truly want to get the overview of the mentality of each Anioma towns, visit. We truly invite others to visit. Making your judgement based on people you met online is pure ignorance.

Secondly, as most Aniomas have told una, the deniers are the loudest in our community. They being the loudest does not make them the majority. They are the loudest because they want to impose their low self-esteem and insecurities on every Anioma. Majority of Aniomas ignores them; the only people that still engages them are SE Igbos and they are aware of it. Most Aniomas have little to zero desire or interest to engage in this type of argument. Perfect example is this thread. When you lots started on the Aniomas see themselves as not Igbos, except the denier, did you see anyone else that is Anioma contribute in the discussion? Even myself and anioma1stson that was present in this thread left? The others in the beginning of this thread, did they make any comment? Other than the denier, who else contributed?
It's kinda similar to the individual that wrote about the ika guy going to tedtalk to announce how Aniomas aren't igbo and asked why JJ okocha couldn't do the same to counteract it? it's because majority of Aniomas do not feel the need to keep on assuring everyone else of our stand when the deniers display their insecurities. Tey are individuals that have bearings to themselves and themselves only! I can bet you all a million dollars that there are Asaba person that believes the narrations that Anioma is a tribe and we aren't Igbo and very likely say it but his opinion is his. Does it represents that of all?

The question you all need to ask yourselves is this, if they are the majority; why do they have the interest to announce their individualist thought anywhere they go?

It's equivalent to the Yorubas desperately trying to attach themselves to Anioma through ugbodu. Anyone that's ever visited Ugbodu would laugh in their faces. Hell if you even know the celebrities that are from Ugbodu would laugh in their faces. Why? Because we had one that was member of predominately Yoruba music group (styl-plus). Yet he made sure to distinguished himself from the rest of the Yorubas in his group by accepting the nickname of the igbo boy in styl plus.

Again, people make comments and statements online. Just because you see statements online does not mean it's always factual. A perfect example is the statement accredited to Okowa on this thread by paxienza. A statement without links, which I've yet to locate anywhere else except here. Just because you read something on the internet does not mean it's factual.

As for those that keep cc me to this conversation. I don't engage myself with deniers because I know they are predominately insecure individuals seeking attention. I don't engage attention seekers. Secondly, I don't believe we have to continuously proving ourselves to SE Igbos. If you all have made up your mind on what you think is the thought of the average Anioma, that's fine and alright. Neither your opinions or all this unnecessary bickering would in anyway impact our reality so either way, it is all fine. The fact someone actually suggested we should sign a document to prove we're Igbos is insulting to another level but that's alright. Whatever paxienza and the likes of him think or suggest to sign document would not in anyway change what our ancestors are or what we are.

I would personally ask those that keep cc me to please stop cc me. I have no interest in still engaging in this conversation. Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 8:04pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
its not true that holland has the 2nd highest agric import in the world. Holland is not even in 1st 10. China, india, indonesia etc are. As for onochie...she is one of those that say they are not igbo...wat about the current king of asaba, the former ohaneze president from delta? Will u discount them?

U say even if igboland comes to down to only u town u dont care. Well we sensible igbos who understand the politics care. And that is why we would openly campaign for the inclusion of igbo speakers in south south into south east. With all ur e.g of leichester or wateva...the fact remains that the map of igboland is bigger than the current south east and opens up to the sea in port harcourt and we must fight to keep it that way.

I don’t fvck around with facts. I will advise you to check my assertions thoroughly before declaiming them.

And no you don’t understand any politics. Politics is about improving the lives of your people not building big for nothing empires to feed the ego of a venal few in positions of leadership. My ancestors didn’t build these silly empires and for good reason. I will be damned if I’ll encourage them.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 8:14pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

I don’t fvck around with facts. I will advise you to check my assertions thoroughly before declaiming them.

And no you don’t understand any politics. Politics is about improving the lives of your people not building big for nothing empires to feed the ego of a venal few in positions of leadership. My ancestors didn’t build these silly empires and for good reason. I will be damned if I’ll encourage them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2018
[quote author=selemempe post=69502040][/quote]
You need to do better than this.
The Netherlands is the second-largest agricultural exporter after US Business January 19, 2018 The Dutch agricultural sector booked yet another export record in 2017, the national statistics office CBS said on Friday. Exports totalled €92bn last year, making the Netherlands the second-largest agricultural exporter in the world after the US. US agricultural exports were put at $1.8bn in 2016. Not all the exports were produced in the Netherlands, however. Some €25.5bn of the total was in the form of re-exports from other countries.
Read more at DutchNews.nl:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/01/the-netherlands-is-the-second-largest-agricultural-exporter-after-us/
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

You need to do better than this.

Read more at DutchNews.nl:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2018/01/the-netherlands-is-the-second-largest-agricultural-exporter-after-us/

Not all the exports were produced in the Netherlands, however. Some €25.5bn of the total was in the form of re-exports from other countries.
so how will the south east be able to be a favourite re-export destination like singapore and holland if we are landlocked?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
so how will the south east be able to be a favourite re-export destination like singapore and holland if we are landlocked?

SE is landlocked? Still propagating that old canard. Lol.

In any case if you check other sources, Holland is still the second highest exporter even if you consider only locally grown products. Actually, this is common knowledge and Nwodo actually asked the team looking at SE regional development to look at Holland in crafting a development plan.

As an aside, the charts you showed was about production not exports.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by selemempe: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2018
Curlieweed:

SE is landlocked? Still propagating that old canard. Lol.

In any case if you check other sources, Holland is still the second highest exporter even if you consider only locally grown products. Actually, this is common knowledge and Nwodo actually asked the team looking at SE regional development to look at Holland in crafting a development plan.

As an aside, the charts you showed was about production not exports.
SE is not landlocked?

I know china is the 2nd largest producer and exporter of agric...i wont argue about it again with u. Its not the aim of this thread.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Curlieweed: 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2018
selemempe:
SE is not landlocked?

I know china is the 2nd largest producer and exporter of agric...i wont argue about it again with u. Its not the aim of this thread.

China is even the 6th after Germany Brazil and France.

[url]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnmYmWtancAhUZ3YMKHQLpDJMQFghMMAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldatlas.com%2Farticles%2Fthe-american-food-giant-the-largest-exporter-of-food-in-the-world.html&usg=AOvVaw0JxSj3oPPa9o6IAk937xO6[/url]
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 12:58am On Jul 19, 2018
selemempe:

Do not derail this thread with nzeogwu and war talk. Tidy yourself up and focus on topic.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by BabaRamota1980: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2018
selemempe:
SE is not landlocked?

How is SE not landlocked?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Prince Uche Secondus Succeed Adamu Muazu As PDP Chairman / Saraki, Dogara, Lawan Attends Senate Dinner For Incoming Senators - Photos / Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.