Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Anioma State And South East Zone - Politics (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anioma State And South East Zone (39754 Views)

Why Every Non Igboid Deltan Must Key Into Anioma State / Anioma State & Southeast Comparison: Education, Standard Of Living And Economy / How insecurity worsened in S-East zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 11:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Emycord:
ASK Your Friend Who Wanted An Agreement Signed Before Fellow Igbo Can Be Called Igbo's I wonder What Will Be Written In The Agreement
" We The People Of Anioma Do solemnly Declare That henceforth We Are Igbo" Bla Bla Bla
cc Se
Cc Ss
Cc Sw
Cc Nigeria
Cc African Union
Cc United Nations
And The General Public Should Take Note We Had To Sign This Mou So We Can John Our Brothers In The South East Region
. Oga it is not about being igbo. Itz about joining the south east
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2018
Emycord:
[s]ASK Your Friend Who Wanted An Agreement Signed Before Fellow Igbo Can Be Called Igbo's I wonder What Will Be Written In The Agreement
" We The People Of Anioma Do solemnly Declare That henceforth We Are Igbo" Bla Bla Bla
cc Se
Cc Ss
Cc Sw
Cc Nigeria
Cc African Union
Cc United Nations
And The General Public Should Take Note We Had To Sign This Mou So We Can John Our Brothers In The South East Region[/s]
Trash! This belongs in the dustbin
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 11:46am On Jul 14, 2018
prolog2:
No anioma will join your little south east, forget about it. Look for precolonial maps of your Biafra and stick to that!

WE WILL SOON CLAIM BENIN AS IGBO LAND.

TURN THE PRESENT OCCUPANT TO REFUGEE AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT FROM ITALY.

DEY HERE DEY TALK ANIOMA.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
hammer6F:

WE WILL SOON CLAIM BENIN AS IGBO LAND.

TURN THE PRESENT OCCUPANT TO REFUGEE AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT FROM ITALY.

DEY HERE DEY TALK ANIOMA.
do u knw that the ohafia people once lived in the bini axis. They fled binin because of quarrels with the oba who perceived them getting stronger cos they where mercenaries. They migrated to andoni in rivers state and from there to their location in abia state. Do u know that andoni dialect sound like ohafia dialect
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
do u knw that the ohafia people once lived in the bini axis. They fled binin because of quarrels with the oba who perceived them getting stronger cos they where mercenaries. They migrated to andoni in rivers state and from there to their location in abia state. Do u know that andoni dialect sound like ohafia dialect

TODAY, IT WILL BE DECIDED BY FIRE POWER, IF THEY VENTURE INTO AN INCH OF ANY IGBO AREA.

WE KNOW DEY ARE HUNGRY TO STEAL BOTH PEOPLE AND LAND, WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2018
hammer6F:

TODAY, IT WILL BE DECIDED BY FIRE POWER, IF THEY VENTURE INTO AN INCH OF ANY IGBO AREA.

WE KNOW DEY ARE HUNGRY TO STEAL BOTH PEOPLE AND LAND, WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THAT.
that's what am talking about. They should continue it in there location. But if they enter se. We won't take it likely with us. In my village do u knw that we ave two sections of people. There are villages we call ndagbor.. Iyz jst olilo udaume. The name is ndi Agbor and in return the Agbor call the people in the upper side ndelu which means ndi elu in my hometown and guess where we migrated from. Ohafia. Edah and nkporo as history stated came from the bini axis. They are jst ignorant. Y do u think the etches in se didn't join their kin in river. Cos they couldn't reject their igbo heritage
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
I am from amakwu. Ama akwu because my village ave a lot of palm-tree but we are the ndi agbor . I think four village together and our Kins in the hilly side we called them ndi elu and we are the people that make up the great ancient nkporo kingdom. Even though we are influenced by some ibibio cultures cos we once lived side by side till we fought them and they baptized us nkporo. Which is an ibibio word that means Buffalo
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by pazienza(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Its a simple arithmetic!

SS people have to be proto-West and anti-East so they can have and enjoy the multiple advantages of economic and political powers that reside in West.

Everyone is heading West,....no one thinks of East.

With what are you going to develop Anioma, assuming they join you, ...when you are yourself struggling and begging for developments in SE?

Do you want them to join you so Anambra can oppress them with boasts of superiority? We see how you treat Ebonyi today.

Yorubaland is not even part of Southern Nigeria to start with.
Since you had rushed to produce Bernard Bourdillion 1939 map that divided the country into East, West and North, we might as well go further back to 1905 map, which shows that Anioma and indeed the rest of SE and SS were not of the same region with SW.
It wasn't until 1906, that Yoruba land, then known as Colony of Lagos, was added to Southern protectorate (SE and SS) by Sir Egerton.
https://www.nairaland.com/1019602/dont-blame-1914-amalgamation-rather

The moment Anioma was added to Western region in 1939, the people started fighting against it, and this fight continued until in 1963, when a referendum was carried out, And Anioma alongside other minorities were carved out of Western region. Prominent Igbos of Anioma origin, like Dennis Osadebey, led this fight.

"Our Igbo origin has never been in doubt before and after Civil War. Anioma people were known as Western Igbos before the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914. And in 1939, the Obi of Agbor, Obi of Idumuje-Ugboko and the Obi of Aboh, for themselves and the entire Western Igbo people, petitioned the Colonial Administration for carving out the Western Igbos from their Kits and Kins East of the Niger. Consequently, in 1956, Western Igbo leaders organized the AMA1 conferences where it was resolved that the answer to the political problems of the Western Igbos was to create a West Niger Igbo State with the Headquarters at ALIDINMA. The agitation for the creation of the West Niger Igbo State assumed the name ANIOMA after the civil war".

~ Obi Modestus Emeka Nwaka (Ibusa Prince)

http://ohuzo..com/2010/04/political-suicide-anioma-people-cannot.html?m=1

Undoubtedly, the political leaning of many Anioma people had changed over time.
It's nolonger pro Igbo for many of them. But that does not give any one the impetus to tamper with the past, as we know it.

7 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by hammer6F: 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2018
pazienza:

Yorubaland is not even part of Southern Nigeria to start with.
Since you had rushed to produce Bernard Bourdillion 1939 map that divided the country into East, West and North, we might as well go further back to 1905 map, which shows that Anioma and indeed the rest of SE and SS were not of the same region with SW.

The moment Anioma was added to Western region in 1939, the people started fighting against it, and this fight continued until in 1963, when a referendum was carried out, And Anioma alongside other minorities were carved out of Western region. Prominent Igbos of Anioma origin, like Dennis Osadebey, led this fight.

"Our Igbo origin has never been in doubt before and after Civil War. Anioma people were known as Western Igbos before the Amalgamation of Nigeria in 1914. And in 1939, the Obi of Agbor, Obi of Idumuje-Ugboko and the Obi of Aboh, for themselves and the entire Western Igbo people, petitioned the Colonial Administration for carving out the Western Igbos from their Kits and Kins East of the Niger. Consequently, in 1956, Western Igbo leaders organized the AMA1 conferences where it was resolved that the answer to the political problems of the Western Igbos was to create a West Niger Igbo State with the Headquarters at ALIDINMA. The agitation for the creation of the West Niger Igbo State assumed the name ANIOMA after the civil war".

~ Obi Modestus Emeka Nwaka (Ibusa Prince)

http://ohuzo..com/2010/04/political-suicide-anioma-people-cannot.html?m=1

Undoubtedly, the political leaning of many Anioma people had changed over time.
It's nolonger pro Igbo for many of them. But that does not give any one the impetus to tamper with the past, as we know it.

THE REMAINING PART OF SOUTHWEST ARE IN BENIN REPUBLIC.

SS/SE ARE A UNION FROM THE START.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2018
Beautiful piece by pazienza. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 2:42pm On Jul 14, 2018
hammer6F:

beautiful. If they believe that there Kins are in se. Y is it that it is hard for them to believe also that they are igbo.

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2018
pazienza:

Issue with you lots is that you let emotions get in the way of your understanding.

The article I posted was not written by me, I only posted it.
If you read my first post on this thread, you would see that I had addressed the inherent faulty stance of those who claim a place outside Delta is part of Anioma, seeing as many Anioma communities were founded by groups such as Nri from Anambra, yet no one claim those communities as Anambra communities based on that alone.

Now you are making sense because one anioma.ksmt a tribe but an acronym two there is no yardstick for calling a community in east anioma because they are not part of that acronym
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
I am from amakwu. Ama akwu because my village ave a lot of palm-tree but we are the ndi agbor . I think four village together and our Kins in the hilly side we called them ndi elu and we are the people that make up the great ancient nkporo kingdom. Even though we are influenced by some ibibio cultures cos we once lived side by side till we fought them and they baptized us nkporo. Which is an ibibio word that means Buffalo

So are you Igbo ?
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2018
ariesbull:

So are you Igbo ?
proudly igbo. Am jst trying to tell them. That they are not the only people that sojourned in people land and got mixed. I was jst making a reference to it. Nkporos don't ave identity crisis

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 9:34pm On Jul 14, 2018
ariesbull:

Now you are making sense because one anioma.ksmt a tribe but an acronym two there is no yardstick for calling a community in east anioma because they are not part of that acronym
tell them. Anioma was jst a name coined out nothing else. Afta their failure to grab Lagos. They turned east

1 Like

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:07am On Jul 15, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
tell them. Anioma was jst a name coined out nothing else. Afta their failure to grab Lagos. They turned east

The whole thing tire me...they have refused to tell us what qualifies a community in the East as Anioma...this is madness and stupidity....I have been waiting for answers but none

Anioma is acronym and no community in east was and is part of that tag
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:08am On Jul 15, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
proudly igbo. Am jst trying to tell them. That they are not the only people that sojourned in people land and got mixed. I was jst making a reference to it. Nkporos don't ave identity crisis

Don't mind them

....very confused set of folks
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 8:11am On Jul 15, 2018
Emycord:
ASK Your Friend Who Wanted An Agreement Signed Before Fellow Igbo Can Be Called Igbo's I wonder What Will Be Written In The Agreement
cc Se
Cc Ss
Cc Sw
Cc Nigeria
Cc African Union
Cc United Nations
And The General Public Should Take Note We Had To Sign This Mou So We Can John Our Brothers In The South East Region

LoL

Who would sing it
Who would endorse it

You see their attitude is coming to haunt them, don't worry the herdsmen would remind them and the non Igbo of Delta would notify them who they are

They should ask Ikwerre in Rivers how the ijaw see them
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 8:13am On Jul 15, 2018
ariesbull:

The whole thing tire me...they have refused to tell us what qualifies a community in the East as Anioma...this is madness and stupidity....I have been waiting for answers but none

Anioma is acronym and no community in east was and is part of that tag
let them continue. Pazienza jst said the truth.
Itz high time we stop playing emotional politics. One luv to my enuani and oshimili brodas and some other people. And for bini wannabes itz high time they stop riding on our igbonese to achieve their aim. People like rotimi amaechi
. And co
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
let them continue. Pazienza jst said the truth.
Itz high time we stop playing emotional politics. One luv to my enuani and oshimili brodas and some other people. And for bini wannabes itz high time they stop riding on our igbonese to achieve their aim. People like rotimi amaechi
. And co

DO YOU KNOW THAT UP TILL NOW NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD HOW ONITSHA AND OTHER VILLAGES THAT THEY ARE CLAIMING TO BE ANIOMA (ACRONYM) CAME ABOUT

so much for lies and propaganda...let them tell us how they are member of their anioma or are they now the land grabbers we are talking about
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 4:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
ariesbull:

DO YOU KNOW THAT UP TILL NOW NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO TELL THE WHOLE WORLD HOW ONITSHA AND OTHER VILLAGES THAT THEY ARE CLAIMING TO BE ANIOMA (ACRONYM) CAME ABOUT

so much for lies and propaganda...let them tell us how they are member of their anioma or are they now the land grabbers we are talking about
lol. Don't mind them. But to some bini wana be won't feel ashame to ride on our igbonese to one appointment like dat and will reject it when the going gets bad. Is it not hypocrisy... If u are bini be bini. Be proud of it. Not am bini. Sorry am ika. Abeg delta igbo. No i mean edo igbo. Bini igbo. Migrational igbo. Mistakenly speaking igbo language bini people. Abeg make dem stay there
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ghostfacekillar(m): 4:23pm On Jul 15, 2018
ariesbull:

LoL

Who would sing it
Who would endorse it

You see their attitude is coming to haunt them, don't worry the herdsmen would remind them and the non Igbo of Delta would notify them who they are

They should ask Ikwerre in Rivers how the ijaw see them

hunter land igbos.
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Emycord: 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Its a simple arithmetic!

SS people have to be proto-West and anti-East so they can have and enjoy the multiple advantages of economic and political powers that reside in West.

Everyone is heading West,....no one thinks of East.

With what are you going to develop Anioma, assuming they join you, ...when you are yourself struggling and begging for developments in SE?

Do you want them to join you so Anambra can oppress them with boasts of superiority? We see how you treat Ebonyi today.
WHY Does The Northern Part Of That Map Look Like cow
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by ariesbull: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2018
ghostfacekillar:
lol. Don't mind them. But to some bini wana be won't feel ashame to ride on our igbonese to one appointment like dat and will reject it when the going gets bad. Is it not hypocrisy... If u are bini be bini. Be proud of it. Not am bini. Sorry am ika. Abeg delta igbo. No i mean edo igbo. Bini igbo. Migrational igbo. Mistakenly speaking igbo language bini people. Abeg make dem stay there

You see how their identity Crisis is causing them a state...it's bad that it has gotten to this...I hope that they start changing
Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Who told you Onitsha people don't see themselves as anioma..That's a pure fallacy..Maybe ngozi123 will lecture you on that.They are proud of their anioma heritage but whether they want to be part of anioma state is up to them.
Finito

Like Omambala said, we're proud of our Anioma heritage but we've been in Anambra state for so long now that there really is no need for us to change that, especially if this state were to be created in Nigeria. It would only cause problems that a newly created state would not need.

Although, I'm a pan-Igboist and don't really care for states so this may be influencing my position on this matter.

5 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2018
What exactly do people mean when they say Anioma heritage?

4 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2018
Afam4eva:
What exactly do people mean when they say Anioma heritage?

Sorry, that's just me being lazy. I actually mean that Ogbaru people come from Enuani stock, which is mostly concentrated in the Anioma region in Delta state.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Afam4eva(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2018
Ngozi123:

Sorry, that's just me being lazy. I actually mean that Ogbaru people come from Enuani stock, which is mostly concentrated in the Anioma region in Delta state.
I can understand Ogbaru being referred to as Enuani stock but Anioma on the other hand is an artificial creation which is an acronym of all the Igbo speaking parts of Delta state. Some people are beginning to make Anioma seem like an ancient civilization of some sort which is not true.

8 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:22am On Jul 16, 2018
Afam4eva:

I can understand Ogbaru being referred to as Enuani stock but Anioma on the other hand is an artificial creation which is an acronym of all the Igbo speaking parts of Delta state. Some people are beginning to make Anioma seem like an ancient civilization of some sort which is not true.

Exactly. It's simply a political construction, just like Anambra, Imo, Ebonyi etc. I don't care about these states as they were designed to facilitate the oppression and marginalization of Igbos. I really don't understand why some Igbos take pride in them.

4 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:27am On Jul 16, 2018
aniomafirstson:

Guy leave these people.
We keep stretching our hands for Igbo unity but I don't think they want us.Heck we have been clamouring for anioma state since we got independence how we didn't get it is still a mystery to me.

Every Igbo man, woman and child should do their best to support an Anioma state- I know I certainly will if given the chance to. However, this does not mean that the entire South-East geopolitical region needs to be shaken up; it'll only do more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:29am On Jul 16, 2018
cyril10:

If Anioma is not Igbo, then what is Anioma in Bini? my friend i am from Anioma and i can tell you for free that we all bear Igbo names.

My people fought Biafra war with the rest of the Igbos from the other side of the river.

Can we even be sure that that guy is Igbo? Anioma people in Delta are just as Igbo as any Igbo in Anambra, Rivers, Enugu, Ebonyi and Imo. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Anioma State And South East Zone by Ngozi123(f): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2018
clefstone:
is there any historical evidence that the Agbor or Ukwuani man called himself Igbo before the war? Do u really think a whole group people will deny their identity because of war even when peace have been restored. Do u know the Igbo speaking delta people have more to gain politically and indeed economically if they identify as Igbo yet they deny this same identity. Think deep and understand a unique group of people in the delta

My grandmother was from Aboh and she had always been a proud Igbo woman who refused to speak anything but Igbo. These people had always viewed themselves as Igbos before the war.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

Amaechi Gets Highest Catholic Knights Promotion In Abuja (Photos) / Sambo Dasuki Wins FG At ECOWAS Court / Checkout This Hilarious Facebook Post By Kenyan(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.