Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK (69856 Views)

Is The 11Km Miliken Hill Road In Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? / Accident On Nsukka-Obollo Road, Enugu: Five Dead, Two Injured / Milliken Hill Road: Is This The Best Road In Enugu State? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Timagex(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2018
Auladimeji2:
Fast and Furious comes to my mind
furious 7 exactly. cool
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Princedapace(m): 9:03am On Jul 13, 2018
ROSYL:
I surrendered my life to Christ the day I plied this route.

My heart sank into my stomach and was there till I got to my destination. No amount of anything will make me go on this road again. The thought of it alone scares the hell outta me.

That means that road can be used as tourist attractions.. But Nigerians don't know how to do correct and smart business..

White govt would have turned that place into a full tourism centre with...international travellers love anything scary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by mybestlove(m): 9:06am On Jul 13, 2018
The signs on the road are misleading please

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 13, 2018
Princedapace:

That means that road can be used as tourist attractions.. But Nigerians don't know how to do correct and smart business..

White govt would have turned that place into a full tourism centre with...international travellers love anything scary.

You are right! I don't wanna say they don't think outside the box, because they don't even think inside the box.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by skallion7(m): 9:14am On Jul 13, 2018
nonsense, what's special about this. SMH
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by zelitu: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2018
Enugu state is in hand of God.
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Anstone: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2018
Igbo would have been the most developed place in Nigeria if they had half of the numerous companies currently functioning in Ogun State... Despite all the factories and company in Ogun, it has remain the worst state in Nigeria. Ogun–one of the biggest state with the worst roads, no single airport, and many more

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by kenyguy(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2018
Proudly Enugu man .
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by funnynation(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2018
I rep 042
I rep Nsukka

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by kunleweb: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2018
This is Enugu Biko... Igbo Kwenu !
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2018
Cuntslayer:
Road markings in this country are way off
Are u supposed to have dash markings or continuous markings on bends and corners

Sense no go kill me

Excellent observation

The bends and corners should ideally have continuous centre lines to caution drivers to limit their speed.

(And yes, sense no go kill you!)

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by donbenie(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2018
Alex80s:
Miliken Hill with too many bends. It's highly scary for first users.
The most scary road I've ever seen.. angry
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Zivaharry(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2018
na this road wey Run town shoot his "energy" video
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by donbenie(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2018
Auladimeji2:
Fast and Furious comes to my mind
Believe me,even Vin Diesel will not try anything on this road..SCARY is the only word to qualify it.. angry
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by docadams: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
If you are a softhearted person please don't ply this route, it's scary. The first time I plied that road, Brothers and Sisters on NL, e no funny at all angry

It even got to a point that I closed my eyes because I don't wanna see myself in a vehicle moving on top of a mountain/hill anymore. There are some part of the road that you won't even see the ground, just a very sloppy area with forest and very tall trees sad

I committed myself in the hands of God several times on that same journey, e no funny at all angry

Hmmmm. I can understand your feelings. I plied it several times but on my first attempt. I couldn't complete the journey because I'm acrophobic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by zinizta: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2018
nice...but that bend tho'...dividends of democracy
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by sexdoll: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2018
is that not the same ugwu miliken that is known to be so accident prone?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Jaideyone(m): 9:28am On Jul 13, 2018
Kingsley1000:
CLICK LIKE FOR ENUGU SHARE FOR IBADAN
because of some pictures of a newly tarred road in the middle of a bush you're calling yorubas out?

we'll FYI Ibadan is light years ahead of Enugu in all development indices
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by donbenie(m): 9:30am On Jul 13, 2018
omooba969:

So by the pic of the road alone, Enugu is now beautiful?
Enugu is beautiful and serene..among the most beautiful Capital Cities in Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by donbenie(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2018
Jaideyone:
because of some pictures of a newly tarred road in the middle of a bush you're calling yorubas out?

we'll FYI Ibadan is light years ahead of Enugu in all development indices

Enugu is an old Capital,former Capital of the whole Eastern Region made up of nine states today..I wonder what you mean by development indices..
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by cornel9297: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2018
justjeff:
I live in Enugu.. He did well to reconstruct the road. But it's overhypyed. Whats the big deal compared to roads in ebonyi state and Anambra not to mention Lagos or rivers state. This shows that some people have never crossed the niger bridge to know the level of infrastructural developments in other cities. The governor has done nothing to be compared to his predecessor. Just good at land grabbing
The governor has done nothing?
A governor that is paying workers regularly and developing Enugu state with the little resources available.
Don't be blindfolded with hatred for nsukka man.
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Awoleesu(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2018
I can see the trunk of a black mamba in some bush...
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by CSTR1005: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2018
donbenie:
Enugu is an old Capital,former Capital of the whole Eastern Region..I wonder what you mean by development indices..
If you expect anything better from the set of people that can delude themselves as progressives, then you are naive.

The day I saw a Yoruba man on nairaland call themselves the greatest civilization in Africa, I stopped arguing with him.

Delusion of grandeur is very strong there.

That was how they said osun has a greater IGR than the east and yet can't pay salaries.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Princedapace(m): 9:40am On Jul 13, 2018
ROSYL:

You are right! I don't wanna say they don't think outside the box, because they don't even think inside the box.

grin grin

I don't know who created Nigerian leaders.. Hahahah
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Amhappy(f): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2018
Is the road still beside that deep valley? I have a great friend from Ngwo and this road scares me anytime i visit her.
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by MOSICATED5(m): 9:45am On Jul 13, 2018
APC is not there to cause trouble so there will be peace and development
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by skales67(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2018
olasco18:
there is nothing special in ths

At least it is better than the faeces -infested streets of ibadan

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by bigfrancis21: 9:56am On Jul 13, 2018
rmckinneh:
Behold, pictures of the new, refurbished stunning Miliken Hill road in Enugu City.

This highly-dreaded miliken hill road at Enugu that everyone who grew up in Enugu knows for its danger and curvy roads. I never rode on that road myself but heard fearful stories about it from my mother and maternal grandmother who plied the road themselves. It is said that cars or buses would often slide off the road and plunge deep down into the steep valley, such events often being fatal most times.

Good to see that the road has been greatly improved on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by stagger: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2018
I plied that road once in 1998 as a passenger. Occasionally I looked beyond into the ditch and saw literally tens of cars, trailers, trucks, etc that were in the gully below.

It was prayers upon prayers upon prayers that day.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by luckyogor(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Nice,good spot for police checkpoint.
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 13, 2018
lionjungle3000:

If you ever compare Enugu with Ibadam again, I will finish you off.
Lol. Ibadan is in a state with the 4th largest GDP in Nigeria while your Enugu is 25th. So yes I agree, don't compare! wink
Re: Photos Of Milliken Hill Road Enugu: This Is Not Germany Or US Or UK by Ejiason: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2018
This is so beautiful,i have always liked the setting. Is like the pictures were from a DRONE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes / Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Recent Beautiful Pictures Of Ibadan - The Pride Of SW.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.