Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,458 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' (40785 Views)

Abia Police Arrested, Tortured My Son To Death - Woman Narrates / Offa Robbery: SARS Tortured Us To Implicate Saraki, Petitioners Told Panel / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by skales67(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
Sarkin:
SARS intimidates people, so does IPOB. Nonsense. Don't tag me ever again.

And "intimidation" equals terrorism? Refund every penny of tuition fees paid by your parents back to them. Schooling you was a total waste!
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by colizee(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2018
1. Ode who dey ask you about your non existing business.
2.you are a big fool...can you run your "business" if your "Biafran Land" is not being protected by soldiers?
FEZANGA:
Nobe Una The Force Una Self To Join Army? Who Send You To Fight For Nigerian Peace? Gatout You,. Nobody Force You Join Aboki Work, Risking Your Life On Your Own Peril. Are Dey Biafran Land The Run My Bussines, You Are There Talking Rubbish
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Steviewonder(m): 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

No funny looking hairstyle

Always have your ID cards on you

Don't hang out with funny looking peeps

Don't have any incremenating stuff in your phone

When approached by SARS.. Don't argue with them

Answer all questions being thrown at you even if it's a stupid question

cheesy

In other words, lost your freedom
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by OyinO: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2018
FEZANGA:
Nobe Una The Force Una Self To Join Army? Who Send You To Fight For Nigerian Peace? Gatout You,. Nobody Force You Join Aboki Work, Risking Your Life On Your Own Peril. Are Dey Biafran Land The Run My Bussines, You Are There Talking Rubbish
Must you open your mouth when you know that nothing sensible will come out of it? So if someone joins army, then SARS or whatever should kill their family members? Ewu Zakibiam
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by PrinceExcel: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Sharpbobo:
GIST FROM WAKABOBO.COM

A Nigerian soldier deployed to fight Boko Haram insurgents that has threatened the sovereignty of the nation, has accused SARS of torturing his cousin to death while he was out fighting for the peace of the nation.

In his tweets @jassjegs, the SARS officers who arrested his cousin alleged that he was a yahoo boy, only to change the story by accusing the deceased of a being a cultist. However after the mother of the deceased couldn’t pay the 60K bail for the release of her child, the soldier alleged that his cousin was tortured to death.

He tweeted;

While I was busy fighting for the peace of my country #SARS were busy torturing my cousin till Death. Got a shocking news entering into town now. I think am done with this country.

According to what I heard. They were picked up at about 8:20pm by #SARS took them to custody that they are yahoo boys later said they are cult members tortured the hell out of them asking till the next day. His mother went to the station they ask her to go bring 60K to bail

Just my Cousin she cried telling them she’s just a bean cake seller she don’t have such money in her position they pushed her out and threatened to lock her up when next she comes in without the Money. She left. Call several family members to tell them what is

Happening before she could reach out to those who will raise such money for her was the third day. They’ve already handed over my Cousin to Anti cultism they tortured them till my cousin gave up because he’s hypertensive. Well I rest my case here.

What are we really fighting for? When the lifes of our loved ones at home isn’t safe. #mood

Culled from>>>>https://wakabobo.com/sars-tortured-my-cousin-to-death-while-i-was-busy-fighting-for-nigerias-peace/

It's so sad!! Not good at all.take heart
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by InvertedHammer: 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
olas24u:

You have the right to wear what you want to wear ,dress the way you want ,freedom of liberty,You have to right to move around and live anywhere you ant to live ,infact we still have a long way to go because our country is still not a 24 hr economy and everything closes early and anybody walking at specific hour could be labelled .Even in some parts of west Africa ,you can move around till the next morning without being harassed or suspected
/
Right is not absolute.

They have the right to dress whichever way they want, which they did. You have the right to wear bikini from Lagos to Abuja. But be ready for the unwelcome responses and gawking from strangers--action and reactions. NPF operatives have the responsibility to weed out riff-raffs in the society, which they do albeit incompetently.

Every society has its peculiar problems. People rarely lock their doors in some countries. Well, try living like that in Nigeria. In developed countries, there are areas that are marked territories based on racial bias. Sane folks stay away from such areas without trying to prove a point. This particular case is a sad event with a horrible outcome. But in a lot of cases against SARS, the people being harrassed fit a certain profile.

I must admit that the biggest problem is lack of supervisory oversight over the excesses of the SARS operatives (especially the extortion).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Sarkin: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
skales67:

And "intimidation" equals terrorism? Refund every penny of tuition fees paid by your parents back to them. Schooling you was a total waste!
don't be a dunce and a wailer at the same time. Read what I said well.
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Hallabee1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

you are right. if you can keep to some rules and Sony argue with them even stupid and crazy questions
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Born2Breed(f): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Can you imagine. I know someday and its soon anyway. People will revolt against these Special Armed Robbery Squad
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
lazy Nigerian youth/soldier.
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by orobs93(m): 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
olas24u:

This is not true,Lagos is where to make money and they all want t o be posted here in Lagos.Have you heard of the word turenchi ,i dont know what that means but they say it when you speak to much of english.And the response is normally a slap to create fear

lol okay I have encountered SARS in Benin. and they were speaking Benin
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by sayisayi(m): 5:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

Don't leave your house....

Don't breathe...

Don't wash

Don't brush teeth

Nonsense...

Just emigrate....

When the country is empty with just politicians and sars dem go realise their wahala

Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
LoveThemChubby:

Your mumu is confirmed and has not part two. How will separation bring an end to SARS brutality?
u are a confirm "OTELE NSHI".....SARS brutality, corruption,nepotism,tribalism,killer herdsmen are all fruits of d same tree called "Nigeria". if you want to get rid of theses problems, you ave got no oda option then to cut down d tree,its d only solution
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Beemhan(m): 7:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

You've obviously never encountered them or if you have, they were probably in a good mood that day

1 Like

Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by GMbuharii: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
You fought for peace and nnamdi kanu is missing! Peace indeed.

Well rip to ur coz
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by GMbuharii: 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2018
You fought for peace and nnamdi kanu is missing! Peace indeed.

Well rip to ur coz
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by rock003: 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
guuudy87:
Use your influence as a soldier and bring them to justice

Influence? What influence does an NCO have?
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by authority2006(m): 9:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

You listed 8 tips up there and none of them could be referred to as a crime. Your tips up there clearly showed a sign of a sick society with failed institutions. Even at that, torturing to death is not in our constitution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Lefty500: 9:36pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

Is it even right for SARS to check my phone? Even when you dressed well they will still do what they want to do. They entered Unilorin today and started harassing students around banking area. Nothing is just right in this country.
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Rolly22(m): 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=skales67 post=69342573]

What sort of daftness' is this?

It is very obvious that you don't know what the word "terrorist" is! I am mot a fan of IPOB but tell me who has IPOB killed ever since they started their agitation for Biafra?

Don't mind the idiot he is Just learning how to talk
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Rolly22(m): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2018
InvertedHammer:
Young men in Nigeria watch movies and start copying and immitating kids that grow up in the hood in USA that even Americans frown at. When you go to Rome, do like the Romans. However, it makes no sense to live in Germany and do like the Romans. As an American, I am disgusted at the mode of dressing of the young men I see in Nigeria. Ignorance is bliss. Go figure! Hate it or love it, LEAs still use profiling. Garnish it with "abuse of power" which is the Hallmark of NPF, then one can understand how these young people are making themselves easy prey.

Well... everything has a price. SARS are treating them the same way US police officers treat those n#@s from the hood.

Right or wrong? You choose.

You definitely Don't live here and don't know what you're saying
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by lonelydora: 10:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

@ bolded....Like? Haven't you heard they arrest people for having Yahoo app?
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by LoveThemChubby(m): 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
u are a confirm "OTELE NSHI".....SARS brutality, corruption,nepotism,tribalism,killer herdsmen are all fruits of d same tree called "Nigeria". if you want to get rid of theses problems, you ave got no oda option then to cut down d tree,its d only solution
shocked grin so its because of Nigeria that your village people have harvested your thinking faculties to leave you this senseless? Haters like you will always blame others or the system instead of looking at the real issues.
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
muhammed50:
Any evidence??
If not, then shut up
maalu
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by purest21(m): 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
fergieboy:

[s]Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

Answer all questions being thrown at you even if it's a stupid question[/s]

cheesy

A-Z of what you listed, I didn't see a crime that warrants police harassment. In this country we're so accustomed to having our rights violated that we now feel we owe anybody any explanation on how we live our personal lives.

Unless you're caught breaking a law, no police man has the right to block your way and disrupt any of your routines. Policing is not by looking at people, u grow an instinct they're breaking a law, then u start accessing their private lives and properties cos your instincts told you to.

In the fundamental human rights, there's clear rights to privacy, properties etc. If one feels being in uniform gives them any rights to trespass on properties they don't own, that's cos illegality and corrupt practices have taken over and that's not policing!
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by koolaid87: 5:28am On Jul 14, 2018
Lol

You're a slave in your goddamn country

quote author=fergieboy post=69335575]
Yes..

Dress responsible

No tats

cheesy

[/quote]
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by dyemida(m): 12:56pm On Jul 14, 2018
Obainoneandonly:
its d only solution bro,but some people would think otherwise....the funniest part is dat they will still come here in 10 years time still complaining abt the same issue we ave been facing since the creation of this shit hole......
the earlier we get done wit it the better for us all and generations unborn

They don't understand that our diversity is the major mountain we have to climb. Even in the Bible, God had to bless or curse (which either term we choose to use) humans with different languages so as to halt the progress made during the construction of the tower of Babel.

Ethnic and language diversity is no small impediment to progress. If you check most or almost all of the big countries we look up to, they speak just one language that everybody understands, if at all there's any diversity, they don't have up-to 10, talk less of the over 200 we have in this country.

How can I speak to a fellow Nigerian in English language (our official language), and he nods back in a demeanor similar to that of a dumb person, just because he doesn't understand it? There lies our problem.

In India, the official language is English and hindi. Not everybody understands English, but everyone understands Hindi. In China, they have a slight variation to chinese (mandarin), but everyone can communicate to anyone.

They speak the same language means that anyone can easily express opinions to any other person. In our own society, the opposite is the case. When there's a situation, we are quick to apportion blame to the other ethnicities but ours. Even on Nairaland here, ethnic and religious division is the order of the moment. That's why,

1. Once an Islamic subject is brought on, the mods wouldn't allow Christians comment on such posts.
2. Any political situation occurs in the country, some of us will be quick to state reasons why it happened because it's the other ethnicity. Whilst it may be true, it only shows that we don't have a unified interest at heart.

Our different ethnicities has different cultural beliefs, attributes, customs and way of life that may not sit well with another ethnicity.

So if anyone asks me about what I think is the solution to our challenge in this country, I'll give the same answer over and over again- 'division'
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Obainoneandonly(m): 4:01pm On Jul 14, 2018
dyemida:

They don't understand that our diversity is the major mountain we have to climb. Even in the Bible, God had to bless or curse (which either term we choose to use) humans with different languages so as to halt the progress made during the construction of the tower of Babel.

Ethnic and language diversity is no small impediment to progress. If you check most or almost all of the big countries we look up to, they speak just one language that everybody understands, if at all there's any diversity, they don't have up-to 10, talk less of the over 200 we have in this country.

How can I speak to a fellow Nigerian in English language (our official language), and he nods back in a demeanor similar to that of a dumb person, just because he doesn't understand it? There lies our problem.

In India, the official language is English and hindi. Not everybody understands English, but everyone understands Hindi. In China, they have a slight variation to chinese (mandarin), but everyone can communicate to anyone.

They speak the same language means that anyone can easily express opinions to any other person. In our own society, the opposite is the case. When there's a situation, we are quick to apportion blame to the other ethnicities but ours. Even on Nairaland here, ethnic and religious division is the order of the moment. That's why,

1. Once an Islamic subject is brought on, the mods wouldn't allow Christians comment on such posts.
2. Any political situation occurs in the country, some of us will be quick to state reasons why it happened because it's the other ethnicity. Whilst it may be true, it only shows that we don't have a unified interest at heart.

Our different ethnicities has different cultural beliefs, attributes, customs and way of life that may not sit well with another ethnicity.

So if anyone asks me about what I think is the solution to our challenge in this country, I'll give the same answer over and over again- 'division'
bro am with you 100%.d one day pains me alot is d one on nairaland......christains can't comment on a Muslim thread whilst they can comment on ours without been asked if they believe in Jesus.....and so many people have raised up d issue,but all d mods seems to turn a blind eye to it.all they are concern abt is d traffic to d forum.dats discrimination
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2018
kunkelhanspeter:

i don't thing u are in Nigeria
here in Nigeria force men don't obey court order dat why dey do the way dey like

Read my last sentence.
Re: Soldier: ‘SARS Tortured My Cousin To Death, While I Was Busy Fighting For Peace' by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
Lefty500:

Is it even right for SARS to check my phone? Even when you dressed well they will still do what they want to do. They entered Unilorin today and started harassing students around banking area. Nothing is just right in this country.

They mean una o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Sex Workers Clash Over Clients In Ikeja, Lagos / Another Nigerian Man Killed In His Bedroom In South Africa. See Photos / Qatar-based Drug Kingpins Murphy, Oluchukwu Smashed By NDLEA At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.