Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) (13963 Views)

Nairalander On Karaoke Night Singing Lionel Richie Stuck On U In Indiana Usa / 5 Nigerian Artistes Who Should Quit And Get Day Jobs / Artistes That Have No Business In The Music Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
KENNY SAINT BROWN
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by MissEZ(f): 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2010
any of the remedy guys (Idris, eddy n Tony)
Azadus
KSB
Wierd MC
Omotola
Genevieve
Essence
Terry G
Terry the rap man
Obiwon
Muma G

men i dont even listen to alot of them so i dont remember off the top of my head
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2010
Emilo:

@fizzybaba tell me what u know, since u seem to know everything, even giving my user name a new meaning undecided. Tell me what is so great abt G.T, cos[b] he has a good voice, [/b]and competed with wande coal and lost or cos[b] he knows the instrument[/b], but how does that add up as being a good artist. Maybe i just dont like his kind of song, whatever.

hummn,according to you
1. the guy has a good voice
2. knows his instruments
3. competed with wande coal (one of the movers of the industry)

according to me, has a few really good, well written songs, (well-sung too)

and HE IS NOT AN ARTISTE! grin

pray do tell, WHO is an artiste, esp in naija?

dbanj with no voice and his mouth organ (where did that thing go sef)?
who? pls name names, am curious!!!!
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by luvberry(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2010
Azadus
KSB
Wierd MC
Omotola   
Genevieve
Essence
Terry G
Terry the rap man
Obiwon
Muma G

Finally, someone said OMOTOLA JALADE, SINGING IS NOT HER SKILL AT ALL!!! ABEG STICK TO YOUR ACTING FULL-TIME.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by ahmedoo(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2010
idris abdulkareem oh i guess he has retired already

teryy g u need to stop

timaya i am tired of listening to stories about u

but i tink mode9 shuld also quit since he is only gud at dissin ruggedman very soon pple will get tired of that,

big ups to guys like saucekid,bankyw,2baba,wande coal and most epecially M.I

did i 4get dagrin R.I.p i started listening to him after his death. that guy was good
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by kanayo74(m): 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2010
eddy remedy
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Gifo(m): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2010
4llerbuntu: yes I,m with you, perhaps Emilo should give names of the 'good' ones. I think the poster's request is for expired artistes(time-up), not necessarily artistes you don't like, because some of the artistes in your list are current on the rave artistes selling and making millions with a large fan following. Anywhere they go, they holla their names.

Its may be easy to list names of artistes one doesn't like, but million others may love them and they may still be selling their albums in millions- making millions of naira.

In short, as per the topic any artiste who doesn't move the crowd, sell albums, not invited to shows, poor or dwindling fan following, does not attract excitement from fans and alike, not on rave et c, those are the signs.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Orikinla(m): 5:00pm On Jun 14, 2010
Please, do not blame the babies swimming in a dirty pool and may even stool in the pool.
Blame their careless guardians or parents who left them in the mess.

The recording studios and DJs should be held responsible for exploiting the naivety and ignorance of majority of these artistes who actually can still improve and excel if well groomed, managed and produced by seasoned musicians and not semi-literate sound engineers and DJs who just want to collect the cash and record any rubbish with mixed and sampled music from keyboards. Then bribe Radio DJs and TV VJs to give them constant rotation and hype them to the public.

Mo' Hits All Stars label spends millions of naira to pay DJs and VJs to hype their artistes. But most of these DJs and VJs are illiterates in music. Their knowledge of music history is even poor. So, they cannot do much for these artistes. They are birds of the same feather.
Most of these artistes will fail performance auditions for High School pupils in the U.S.
Their live performances show their shortcomings when they are not Lip-synching and miming.

The first place for any prospective Pop, R&B, Hip-hop and others is the Artists and Repertoire (A&R) dept of a recording label or company where you must pass through the mill until you are Okayed for recording.
In our days, no "demo", no "deal memo".
But today, the A&R is absent and majority of them do not even know the meaning.

Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Newest: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2010
I swear, na were plenty pass, cant start counting, but some1 mentioned 2baba, 9ice, D'banj, GT, haha, u wan bring Usher, R.Kelly and Eminem come naija abii?
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Rastamann: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2010
In the Nigerian entertainment industry there is a lot of unemployment. People jus go to perform and sing non-sense, If there were jobs in Nigeria many of them would not have ventured into the industry. This industry needs serious overhalling
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by gidson12(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2010
u guys ar just talking about their music.they are now being given music talent judges,the other i saw kc presh or wat talent show as judges.what hav they achieved in music to b music judge? undecided.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by rhymz(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2010
1.kenny Saint Brown- that lady is just annoying, what is her genre again sef, shey na gospel abi na hiphop. . Am done with her noise. .singing Mo ni ayo in a hiphop concert.
2. Essense. . This Maria Carey wanna-be screams instead of singing, she's got voice but she can't sing. Wanna know the difference?? Who sings better Whitney Houston or Maria Carey? 3. JazzMon Olofijana. . Shey dat wan dey sing abi na talk im dey talk, that guy has no business with a mic
4.Mr Kool. . .this one na Rkelly wanna-be, unfortunately, im no double up for voice and looks like kellz. . .broz you are better off as a model jor
5. Soundsultan. .broz you are better off a song writer than with the mic, no wonder you don turn backup singer for 2face and Co
6. Azadus. . His kinda music is non-existent, poor guy he has made several attempts at a come-back but we see more pot belly improvement than skillz.
7.Idris Abdulkareem. .
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by jibsy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2010
PRINCE of MO HITS is simply a comic relief to me grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by adetoru(f): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2010
Tony Tetuila,TIMAYA!Stop Timaya,someone.Dude is annoying.
Babbie(Don't know why she is singing in the first place.)
Kenny StBrown
KC Presh
Sound Sultan
Eedris(he shoulda retired after Mr.Lecturer)
Muma Gee(One day,she's Brenda Fasie,the next,who knows?)
Omotola(Why,babe,why?)
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by eros(m): 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2010
Ib:

I put on the TV one day and saw Zakky azzee , the social aboki, carrying that his touchlight up and down and singing/rapping absolute rubbish. At the moment i realised that is a recession in Nigeria and this man needs to feed his family. I felt sorry for him and prayed with deep sorrow in my heart that God should direct to a new career.

E no easy

Its such a pity and shame. I really feel for the brother. cry cry cry cry sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by cooltobex(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2010
Well the artistes that i think should retire from the Nigerian are as follows:
Muma Gee
Eedris Abdulkareem
Slam
Soul E
Tony Tetuila (is he still singing?)
LKT
Konga
Omotola Jalade (she's not a singer anyway)
The noise making Terry G, should focus on production and stop disturbing our peace, with his "free me now" besides who was holding him in the first place.  tongue
The list is endless,
will come back for more for the conclusion.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Oracle(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2010
Through time itz been a fact that people just log on to Nairaland to say anything,Obviously thatz whatz happening.
There are different genre of music and different artistes that represent them. The fact that you don't like a particular kind of music doesn't make it unacceptable
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by IyaBasira: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2010
TERRY G  ; Can someone please explain to me the meaning of  the phrase " Make I sangolo your sangolo . . .  " . It defies all logic as far as I'm concerned.

SLAM ; Whoever convinced him that he could sing is not his friend. Unfortunately music  nowadays is not really about who sings best. That would probably explain why he is still allowed to sing.

AFRO CANDY ;   " Ehn!!! Show me what you're walking with  . . .  Abi I no fine reach ?"  No you are not fine at all!!! Now this woman just makes me laugh. All of my friends here in the UK know her just because her music is THAT bad. One of them gets angry whenever we say that she and Afro are from the same tribe. Not to mention her video that seemed to be her own version of Beyonce's Single Ladies. Watch ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8I4H65garU

GOLDIE ; It was obvious from the beginning that she was never going to succeed. (At least not until she changes her stage name and gets rid of that yellow  goat hair.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg9_p5CQfxU. If you think I'm just hating , then watch this cos it says all.

WANDE COAL remains the only male artiste who can actually sing. Oh, and Chuddy K. Lynnx is kinda cool as well .But the above mentioned should be booted out without further delay.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by mamagee3(f): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
P-Square: Sucks, can't sing. . .they try so hard to act like the American thugs instead of sticking to their roots, their music video is full of wacky, wanna-be rappers who can't rap for their life.

Genevieve Nnaji: Please I don't want to come into her issue, she needs to get far away from the studio as far as she can and stick to acting cause music is definitely not her talent and desting.

Nkem Owoh: He needs to stop changing the lyrics of popular hits to suit the message he's trying to send cause he's only plagiarizing plus he needs to stick to acting comedy movies.

Muma Gee: She needs to be completely away from the studios and stick to being a media, attention seeking wanna-be model. grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by TmeD0(m): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
mama-gee:

P-Square: Sucks, can't sing. . .they try so hard to act like the American thugs instead of sticking to their roots, their music video is full of wacky, wanna-be rappers who can't rap for their life.

mama-gee, i disagree with u on this one. . .u know i always have ur back but not on this one o!  grin

P Square whack? haba! abeg open ya eye well, weel o  grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Ibomade1: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
Afro Candy (she is an old fu.cker) damn to old for what she does. I still can't watch Ikebe na Money from start to finish makes me want to puke.
Prince |What else can I say about this guy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by tolu001: 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2010
lol, funny thread indeed

tony tetuila: tell him to quit with immediate effect. I would have advised him to go into juju some years back, but now he has totally lost it

terry g: that guy is a serious pain in the a.s.s, i wonder what he's trying to turn the music industry into. His song is full of jargon. He should just focus on smoking weed as a career rather than spoil the industry

rasqie: funny wannabe usher, he is so far from it. In his dreams, lol

weird wc: she's tried so hard, but talent is surely different from ability. let her try something else

timaya: he should just look for a good song writer cos i know he cant write Poo or he should simply QUIT honorably before he's eventually shown the way out

Soul E: A good example of "music miss road"

omotola and genevieve: let them just face their movie career squarely and stop looking for what is not lost in the music industry
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
luvberry:

Azadus
KSB
Wierd MC
Omotola   
Genevieve
Essence
Terry G
Terry the rap man
Obiwon
Muma G

Finally, someone said OMOTOLA JALADE, SINGING IS NOT HER SKILL AT ALL!!! ABEG STICK TO YOUR ACTING FULL-TIME.

Terry? You must be out of you mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by kushe: 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
mumu gee

get a life and stop posting du.mb shiiite

emilio and rhymz are definitely not educated enough to express an opinion on the arts.stick to mediocre subject matter.
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by tayoast(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
[size=20pt]TERRY G tops d list!!!!!![/size]
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by mamagee3(f): 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2010
T@meD0:

mama-gee, i disagree with u on this one. . .u know i always have your back but not on this one o!  grin

P Square whack? haba! abeg open ya eye well, weel o  grin

Whether you agree with me or disagree nothing changes, so why bother? undecided grin

Opinions vary, I think P-square is a waste of time and a big joke to music all over Africa and the whole world at large.

My eyes are well open to differentiate real talents from wannabes and I tell you P-square are wannabes, it's all over them.

kushe:

mumu gee

get a life and stop posting du.mb shiiite

emilio and rhymz are definitely not educated enough to express an opinion on the arts.stick to mediocre subject matter.
Abeg Aboki, Which one is your own?

Is this all you could make up for a debate?

Oya, hold on. . I'm on my way to consult a very good psychiatrist for you.

Run along now, Dr. Peterson UpBendel is calling!
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by browncocos(f): 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2010
goldie i love u babes but ur music suck!
kenny st brown( no comment)
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by obi123: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2010
Afrocandy - Nigerian artist that should quit singing and voluntarily check herself into a looney home,   FAST!!!!!   I MEAN LIKE LAST YEAR
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by shadrach77: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2010
why has everybody forgotten about OLU MAINTAIN ? i think the guy is tired - he should quit music grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by Akuviv: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2010
Muma Gee should not be in the industry in the first place! angry angry angry angry Not even Kade will convince me. No one should liken her to Brenda cos Fasie is a legend who still rocks from the great beyond.

Zaki

I AM A FAN OF GT  cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by IykeD(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2010
P.Square and Terry d Rapman shud not i mean never be on the list. Obiwon too is good, great voice but needs a good writer.

Raskid
KSB
Essence(shouts a lot)
Omotola
Jazzman olofin
Kenny Ogungbe(oh wait, haven't u noticed he has started singing? lol try listening Calabar Gal)
Idris(used to like the dude though)
Ruggedman(has nothing to offer again)
2Shot(heard he has even given up music for biz, good move bro)
Tony Tetuila
Eddy Montana and his broda "they call Jboy" lol that dude is whack!
Re: Nigerian Artistes That Should Quit Singing(time Up) by swoosh(m): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
Weird MC na woman? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Tekno – Puttin • Mp4 • / Download Olamide- Street-ot Full Album Tracks / Top Nigerian Musician's And Their Type Of Fans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.