Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (89732 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Obason22(m): 5:41am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

I used my part of the money which is not wrong, i expected him to know that
You are not wrong to use part of ur money to support ur husband, but u are wrong to use ur name as ownership without His consent, in as I'm not in support of him throwing u and kids out of the hasu, our elder said that when u beat a child with right hand u draw him with left hand, I advice u to do the needful because he was the one that brought u as wife, if u actually want peace, for me personally I cannot leave in a hasu built by my wife and has her name attached as ownership its wrong, so I pray for peace between both of u and total reconciliation, u shall over comes ur challenges and not ur challenges over coming u, Peace and restoration upon ur family.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Oklander: 5:45am On Jul 15, 2018
bukatyne:

He wants to fully own a house he did not build?

Hmmmm.

You said your husband is a good man; you are the only person with the licence to declare him good so he is.

The next question is [b]'What did you do to piss off a good husband so much that he wanted you to pack out and when you couldn't, abandoned you in the house?'[\b]

So, when I just read the post, this question was what came to my mind. Unfortunately nobody on the first page asked. And, I do not know whether I missed it, but I couldn't find the response from the 2nd page that you happened to ask the very important question to around the 5th page that I could reach.

Madam op, the crap that most feminists wannabe and the so called feminists, and the disrespectful girls here who hasn't experinecd the marriage institution, and those girls who kept on criticizing the African marriage instituion, and the ones who totally lacks what a good man wants in a woman and the rest others who couldn't think far to what exactly you have done to turn a 'good man' into a monster(only a monster would want to chase out his own family JUST LIKE THAT), will not help you and the problem. The craps may make you feel better now but certainly for a very short period of time. As far the most important issue is not factored into what they are telling you here now makes it crap.

Do not tell us what happened is private and can't be revealed here, you made the post already.

With the little you presented up there, the man is now seen as a monster, very wicked and unreasonable? Agreed. But then, tell us, what have you done to a man you knew to be a 'GOOD MAN' to turn him to a WICKED MAN as presented in your op.?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by luckyogor(m): 5:47am On Jul 15, 2018
Wheñ the money came,he used HIS for his project,and you used YOUR money for BOTH of your project,naah lady,thats wrong,you should have used YOUR money for your project as far as he is using HIS for his project,be very careful with that your husband,dont ever change the title of the house,and begin to save for a rainy day because he seems self-centered and childishly egotistic, that guy exist solely for himself alone.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by micholo123(m): 5:47am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

The property only is in my name but we built it together
@ op , some people here have asserted that your husband is wicked based on what you posted here, my question to you is do you agree with them?

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 5:48am On Jul 15, 2018
Girl, do not let your emotions cloud your sense of reasoning. You're a very smart woman by investing your money in building a house , pls continue with such smartness. You would've been out on the streets now if the house wasn't in your name.

Do NOT change the ownership to your husband. Otherwise if anything happens to you, he will claim ownership, marry another woman and the interest of your children will be sabotaged. Do not even let it be joint ownership. It is yours and it is yours. Stand on your ground. What your husband is requesting of you, ask yourself if he would've done sane same if the roles were reversed.
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 5:50am On Jul 15, 2018
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by peacengine(m): 5:51am On Jul 15, 2018
madridguy:
You both should settle this amicably but don't change the properties document to his name otherwise you will cry over it.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 5:51am On Jul 15, 2018
Do not tell his pastor. Your pastor will definitely support the "man". A pastor will always support men in marital issue wether they are right or wrong.

Speak to any lawyer. A sound lawyer will tell you not to even think about doing that.
HEseesall:

Thanks, i am thinking of telling our pastor, i dont want to tell my family cos they may antagonise him, thanks for your imput

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Eketem: 5:52am On Jul 15, 2018
Gosh I want to throw up.

I blame Nigerian women who love to be victims if not I will not be reading the stupidity I am seeing here.

The man's ego it seems is more important than a roof over the head of his wife and kids so it is so easy to throw her out and she will beg like a beggar to return and be a submissive servant in a house she contributed to build.

Those saying the documents should be in the kids name all he needs to do if it is in the kids name is divorce her and take custody of the kids and she will be out cold.

You women continue to love being helpless so a woman who isn't frustrates their silly minds.

After wasting time I can bet she has given him the house and she will come back soon to cry when he has finally kicked her out.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 5:55am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall

You and your husband had an agreement but somthing came up. His dad was sick and he could not go ahead with what you have agreed on. Your husband did not spend the money on parties, he spent it on father's sickness. Your story and action make it seem like you are more concerned about him not keeping to the agreement than the reason he broke it off.

Lucky for him, he didn't spend all the money on his father's sickness. He added the remainder to the building of the house which means he should have a share of the property. However you chose not to amend the title documents even though he also contributed.Why? Well, you were wrong to do that.You would have hated him if it were you.

It is sad your husband has appeared to be very selfish, arrogant, illogical and immature. His subsequent reactions have trumped yours. A husband who is comfortable to ask his family to pack put because he can do so or because his name is on the title document is wicked. You are fortunate that your name was on the title document. That action appears to justify and nullify your bad behaviour. With a man like that, you are very lucky.

You have done well to want to amend the title document to reflect his contribution. Don't let him use seperation and divorce to blackmail you into using his sole name. It is a wicked and selfish idea. His actions have proved that you will regret it if it is in his name only. I wish you the best. I hope it works out between you two.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Somatic(m): 5:56am On Jul 15, 2018
12inches1:

Finally!!! Someone with an iota of sense. We all know that most times in Nigeria that it is men that spend most on the family expenses. In fact let me paint a better scenario of what is happening here. Husband and wife have a joint savings(possibly and probably the husband is even putting down way more because he earns more). Let's say husbands puts down 6 million as the head of the family and wife puts down 2 million. Who brings up the business idea?Possibly the husband or maybe the wife. Now they do the business and then make 3 million naira in profit. Note that the husband is still the one primarily spending on the family. Now the husband runs into financial crises and he also needs to help his family. He has also been the one taking care of the wife's family and paying rent and children school fees. So, because of this many expenses he can't embark on buying the land right now. He does what he has to do and spends his own agreed part of the money on his parents and family expenses. The wife doesnt agree with him spending so much on his parents (though she has not mentioned how much he has been spending on her own parents as a good in law and also living expenses like rent etc) The wife uses her own "part" (agreed part) of the interest from the investment in buying the land. Husband does not mind. After all, it is one family and one love. Husband keeps investing in the building project till its complete. because he believes Shebi it is family property. But Mrs owns the land and bought it in her name. Sneaky woman. Now they have an argument and out of annoyance husband tells her to leave only to discover that Mrs has sneakily had the entire property in her name all along. Husband is furious and feels cheated and betrayed. Who wouldn't be? Now Mrs is here on Nairaland asking if what she did was fair. You yourself do you think it is?? That is why I'm a supporter of sharing everything in marriage both interests and expenses based on how much each person has put in to the extent possible. Madam you know what to do. The name on the property shouldn't have been only in your name in the first place because it's a joint investment. You only solely paid for the land.

Mr painter, as you were there all along when all their transactions occurred na, clap for yasef.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 5:58am On Jul 15, 2018
No medicine known to man can fix your problem.

Oklander:

So, when I just read the post, this question was what came to my mind. Unfortunately nobody on the first page asked. And, I do not know whether I missed it, but I couldn't find the response from the 2nd page that you happened to ask the very important question to around the 5th page that I could reach.

Madam op, the crap that most feminists wannabe and the so called feminists, and the disrespectful girls here who hasn't experinecd the marriage institution, and those girls who kept on criticizing the African marriage instituion, and the ones who totally lacks what a good man wants in a woman and the rest others who couldn't think far to what exactly you have done to turn a 'good man' into a monster(only a monster would want to chase out his own family JUST LIKE THAT), will not help you and the problem. The craps may make you feel better now but certainly for a very short period of time. As far the most important issue is not factored into what they are telling you here now makes it crap.

Do not tell us what happened is private and can't be revealed here, you made the post already.

With the little you presented up there, the man is now seen as a monster, very wicked and unreasonable? Agreed. But then, tell us, what have you done to a man you knew to be a 'GOOD MAN' to turn him to a WICKED MAN as presented in your op.?

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Ogeebaebie(f): 5:58am On Jul 15, 2018
Madam U are lucky, besides u have a good heart. Just enjoy your property bearing in mind what would have happened if it was the other way round. Don't invite any pastor. most of them are illiterates and chauvinists.
Get a good lawyer to advice you, I salute your smartness for using ur name instead of his.
I am a lawyer, I know what women go through this days in marriages. Some of Our men are simply wicked, ur husband seems to be one of them.
If you ever change the name u will Live to regret it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by aguking: 5:58am On Jul 15, 2018
i really never wanted to say something,but pls i advise you go for a matured counseling,u get nting good from here,kids cant advise you on marriage issues,what do they knw abt marriage? but remember a happy family is worth more than estate.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 5:59am On Jul 15, 2018
Consent to use only her name? I don't feel bad your wife. Only insecure wives stick to inseure men.

Obason22:
You are not wrong to use part of ur money to support ur husband, but u are wrong to use ur name as ownership without His consent, in as I'm not in support of him throwing u and kids out of the hasu, our elder said that when u beat a child with right hand u draw him with left hand, I advice u to do the needful because he was the one that brought u as wife, if u actually want peace, for me personally I cannot leave in a hasu built by my wife and has her name attached as ownership its wrong, so I pray for peace between both of u and total reconciliation, u shall over comes ur challenges and not ur challenges over coming u, Peace and restoration upon ur family.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:01am On Jul 15, 2018
From what the OP said I think she started it all, her husband trusted her so much he never once asked who’s name was on the documents of their property. (She also admitts this in her post by saying “he is a good man”)
Now for such a trusting husband to say “pack out of my house” she must have said or done something that made him feel less of a man.
Trust me when I tell you that such a statement was just in the heat of the moment, the man didn’t mean it and would have certainly not mentioned it again when he cooled down.
The OP messed up by rubbing the fact that she owns the house in his face.

Now the milk is spilt already I advise you not to put only his name on that document; at worst put Mr and Mrs (under the supervison of an experienced marriage lawyer), when a man goes to lengths like moving out and seeking transfer he means business. If his name enters those documents he will seek revenge because he feels betrayed.

PS: My suggestions are based on your side of the story and I strongly believe if your husband says his side you will be found to be at fault.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Nobody: 6:02am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

The property only is in my name but we built it together

Your husband is not serious. So he wants the property in his name alone?

Don't change anything! Leave the property name as it is.

He can go back to his parents house if he likes since he feels OK threatening to kick you out of a property you built together.

At least, for the records, you didn't kick him out of your house. The bitçh nigger left, what a pusçi angry

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Ogeebaebie(f): 6:02am On Jul 15, 2018
Madam what if you had used your money for your parents as well?

6 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by JoannaSedley(f): 6:04am On Jul 15, 2018
Obason22:
See them. You work hard for it you OWN it. You can sleep under the bridge for all I care, bunch of destiny swindlers. Your type will never pray for your wife to succeed. Read what you wrote up there. Why won't gold diggers and slay mamas come your way since you do not value hardworking women who make things happen. You can even prevent your wife from having a PhD when you do not have. Egomaniacal bunch.
You stay back doing unsuccessful things a d when she comes back with goodies, your backward traditional mindset will crawl outta the woodworks that she ain't supposed to have her name on it becase you are the horseband. Remember to tell Fulorunsho Alakija that. She is the richest woman on the planet earth today not her horse band.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Notmyproblem: 6:04am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

You dont understand, we have kids, i am working but i cant do everything on my own, how will i tell them we are no more together because of property

You can't do it on your own? So what if he drops death you still can't do it on your own ? I don't know when Nigerian ladies will learn to respect themselves. He wanted to kick you out but realized the house wasn't in his name and decided to bail.

For your husband to have asked you to leave means he has another woman in his life. For the fact that he left you and the kids means he is up to something.

Woman do not change the name on the property words come to worse put it in the name of your children.

Please don't forget who you are and don't thrown away your dignity because of what people would say or because of a man that does not respect his family more especially children.

You had better tell your family your side of the story because am sure he has already told his since he was such a cry baby to drag his into it your had better get yours involve let them see him for who he really is.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Oklander: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2018
Sterope:
No medicine known to man can fix your problem.

Lol, smh...
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by fred06: 6:05am On Jul 15, 2018
but let's face fact what the woman did was wrong...she did not inform the husband of her acts of putting the title documents in her name solely...which is wrong...she has to obey her husband ...what she did would be viewed as Suspect...I.e she had a hidden agenda...that is how her husba
nd sees it...so she has to obey the husband first by changing same to his name first...then they and their family sits later to know wat to do...because the interest of the children must be Paramount in how the property would go....or better still it can be put in the children's name...
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by keniom(m): 6:05am On Jul 15, 2018
My advice, compromise by putting the house in both your names. For your future safety
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Notmyproblem: 6:06am On Jul 15, 2018
CrazeMan69:
From what the OP said I think she started it all, her husband trusted her so much he never once asked who’s name was on the documents of their property. (She also admitts this in her post by saying “he is a good man”)
Now for such a trusting husband to say “pack out of my house” she must have said or done something that made him feel less of a man.
Trust me when I tell you that such a statement was just in the heat of the moment, the man didn’t mean it and would have certainly not mentioned it again when he cooled down.
The OP messed up by rubbing the fact that she owns the house in his face.

Now the milk is spilt already I advise you not to put only his name on that document; at worst put Mr and Mrs (under the supervison of an experienced marriage lawyer), when a man goes to lengths like moving out and seeking transfer he means business. If his name enters those documents he will seek revenge because he feels betrayed.

PS: My suggestions are based on your side of the story and I strongly believe if your husband says his side you will be found to be at fault.

Her husband trust her so much to the extend of trying to kick her out of the house?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Sterope(f): 6:07am On Jul 15, 2018
Very insecure thing undecided

Oklander:
Lol, smh...

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Notmyproblem: 6:07am On Jul 15, 2018
keniom:
My advice, compromise by putting the house in both your names. For your future safety

She should rather put it in the kids name. I can't trust a man like that what makes you believe he won't find a way to convert it to his alone ?

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:09am On Jul 15, 2018
Your type can not have a successful relationship/Marriage except you are dating/married to a “Horse-band” (permit me to use your words).
In marriage the two people work together as one it is not right to own a property individually except you both agree on such; the car should be ‘our’ car, the home should be ‘our’ home.

Please change your mentality even the westerners agree on this that’s why on the event of a failed marriage everything that is acquired during the marriage is split into two.

Remain Blessed
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by JoannaSedley(f): 6:10am On Jul 15, 2018
Eketem:
Gosh I want to throw up.

I blame Nigerian women who love to be victims if not I will not be reading the stupidity I am seeing here.

The man's ego it seems is more important than a roof over the head of his wife and kids so it is so easy to throw her out and she will beg like a beggar to return and be a submissive servant in a house she contributed to build.

Those saying the documents should be in the kids name all he needs to do if it is in the kids name is divorce her and take custody of the kids and she will be out cold.

You women continue to love being helpless so a woman who isn't frustrates their silly minds.

After wasting time I can bet she has given him the house and she will come back soon to cry when he has finally kicked her out.
alleluia someone is seeing what I am seeing here..

Insecure men everywhere.
If it is the other way round they would've advised the woman to suck it up.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 6:11am On Jul 15, 2018
Are you sure you're okay? What sort of warped mind do Nigerian men have? Somebody's sweat should become you're because you have a penis?
divinelove:

The only way out if she still wants her husband is to concead 60% ownership to the man. There is serious trust issues already therefore sole ownership by either party is unthinkable in the interest of their marriage

4 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by wordbank(m): 6:12am On Jul 15, 2018
Martinez19:
She built it with her money, so she owns it. Which is worse? She or her husband who didn't spend a penny to build the house but wants it in his name alone?
It's clear you did not read all she wrote.
She said the house was built by them.
And if you're also saying she built it so she own it, same applies to the man. So in case this issue descend to divorce, all purchased by the man is his.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by CrazeMan69(m): 6:12am On Jul 15, 2018
Notmyproblem:

Her husband trust her so much to the extend of trying to kick her out of the house?
Did she say what provoked him?
I put it to you that if you hear the reason you would not blame that man
I also stand to tell you that whatever it was would not have esclated if she didn’t mention the ownership of the house.

Both men and women have to learn to be himble in a relationship
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Oklander: 6:13am On Jul 15, 2018
Sterope:
Very insecure thing undecided

Thing? I have chosen to not go the path you are pushing me, I clearly stated my opinionated contribution up there, you should really mind the push.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply)

A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn / Man DIES ON TOP Of Married Woman / My Wife Is Circumcised And It's Affecting Our Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.