Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home (89479 Views)

My Wife's Ex-Boyfriend Is About To Ruin My Marriage / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / "My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by michaelwilli(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2018
CSTR1005:
The woman is terrible and I understand the husband's point of view.

He asked her to pack out like any average Nigerian man threatens when they are very annoyed. He was probably never going to see it through on the long run.

Only to have his wife deflect his ego that the property he thought was a family asset belonged to his wife.
A massive treachery.

I am sure he is never going to stay in that house again. He'd rather rent his own house than live there.

If the woman knows what is good for her, she'd better retrace her steps and change the ownership to a family name or in the children's names.

If not, That guy would go out there and get a new wife in time and rent a new house, and she would be stuck with three children.
Why would a husband make such threat?

4 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Melonny(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2018
Heseesall, don't ever, like never ever change the house document to his full name. Even if you have to submit to your husband, don't be stupid. Speak to a lawyer not a pastor. Lawyers are professionals.
Again, don't change the document to his name. Please do if you want to cry later. Seek advise from a lawyer not a pastor

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by dafemnet: 7:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Daeylar:

Why say the woman should stay single, ? Because of what? Is her ex husband the only man in the world?

Some of you won't come down from the clouds and realise men abound plentifully on this earth and a woman can always make her choice from the pick of men, or she can CHOOSE to remain single.
She will learn to submit to her next husband or she remains single.A woman must submit to whoever she's married to else she will be single. Even in LGBT world, there must be a submissive partner. Don't fool ur selves.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by madridguy(m): 7:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Your oga did same to you?

anyerhovwo:

My dear, don't change any name o, resolve the issue but let your name remain on documents. Am speaking from experience o

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by dafemnet: 7:18am On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
Husbands love your wives even as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it.

Mumu...be twisting Bible to suit your warped mentality.
She will learn to submit to her next husband or she remains single.A woman must submit to whoever she's married to else she will be single. Even in LGBT world, there must be a submissive partner. Don't fool ur selves
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by dafemnet: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2018
adieora:

So asking his wife to pack out was love. Na only submit u remember. Ode
She will learn to submit to her next husband or she remains single.A woman must submit to whoever she's married to else she will be single. Even in LGBT world, there must be a submissive partner. Don't fool ur selves
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2018
CrazeMan69:

I do not support the changing of the name to his name read my comment on page 14
My point remains she is wrong to claim sole ownership of a property acquired during marriage. She knows this and has tried to add her husband’s name (which I do not advise her to do except with the consel of an experienced marriage lawyer)

Most married men has cars, right?
How many were in joint family names?
The car most wives drive bought by the husbands,how many were in the wives names?
I know that most times husbands and wives have problems and he is the o e who bought car for the wife,he usually collects car key as he send her packing.
Lets start from there.

I'm happy some Nigerian women are catching up.

Mumuism has made them an object of caricature should the marriage go south.

Nobody prays for unhappy marriage but it happens.

More than 70% of Nigerian men use their children and brothers as next of kin. It's a fact. At a point some government establishments call their workers for sensitization cos the wives usually take them to court when and if the man dies and the issue is brought up. And in most occassions the ladies usually win.

That motor u bought for him and registered in his name will be used to carry anther woman the day he drives u and the kids out.
This has nothing to do with feminism but common sense

6 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Helju: 7:20am On Jul 15, 2018
don4real18:

Are you trying to tell us that his money is not in the property at all... That is, you did the foundation to the roofing on your own

Pls correct me if I am wrong. I think she bought the land in her name (from her share) & they built the house together. The owner of the land owns the property.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Franklyspeakin: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2018
no!!!!! don't any woman he marries automatically becomes his Mrs. don't change anything. he used his own profit for his parents just imagine.
sholatech:
Change it to Mr & Mrs ABC. It is allowed. That way, it is now for both of you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Igba123: 7:21am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote aut

MODIFIED For those viewing this, i have made some clarifications down to page (1)you said good man? Which good man throws his wife and children out of his house? Just b wise woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Berankis: 7:23am On Jul 15, 2018
You got kids for your husband (I appreciate that), you both work together (wornderful!). But what is the SERIOUS MISUNDERSTANDING you both had? (Nobody seemed to be asking). Something tells me you are not completely truthful, you were never totally honest & submissive from the beginning (...why you would use your name only for what you both worked for). You said he is a "good man", so what happened? Why would he want to suddenly separate from you? I dont encourage separation or abandonment in any way but sincerity, faithfulness are very key here.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by buchilla: 7:25am On Jul 15, 2018
Woman,u have to use that free gift called "common sense" to handle this issue. If you had not built the house in your name you would have been the one feeling the heat of rejection, humiliation and homeless. Never you change the name of ownership or including your husband's name because he may still throw you out in future after doing his wish.A man who loves his family so much cannot try to send even his children away. Be very careful.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by akwunomy(m): 7:25am On Jul 15, 2018
[quote author=Olabestonic001 post=69387046]

Most of you are really easily deceived. Women are good wordsmith and knows how to get the narrative to favor their desired end.

I've a feeling that she's not telling us alot. She said from the proceeds of the business, the man used his 'own part' (I'm damned sure they both agreed) to save the life of her father-in-law. The other was used to purchase a land and she (thinking she's smarter) bought it in her name. The husband never knew such.

The man apparently thought he had a great wife- began to judiciously pumped money into the land and a house 'germinated' outta it. One day, they had a sharp disagreement and she reminded the man that he had no portion in the property. He became angry and left the house. She tried to 'give the olive branch' but he was still stunned. The issue wasn't looking good.
She most likely reminded him that he 'squandered' his own share on his 'family' and that caused him to wonder what his wife was driving at.

He annoyingly and foolishly asked for a transfer away. She got wind of it and discovered that that man some of you foolishly called wicked for his 'stupid' request wasn't nearly as bad. He still provides for the family and leaving her in the 'big house' she is claiming is too much for her to bare. A divorce is looming! Worst still, even with the house, she still doesn't have the upper hand. So, she came here, gave her version so that people will queue behind her. And boy, are they?

Woman, let me tell you; you definitely know you betrayed and have wronged that man. He used a part of your deal to take care of his father and felt your agreement meant you loved his father! Your action to make the land in your name and you saw him dancing that he's building a family house not knowing he isn't is a bad choice ma. He himself is a man that needs wisdom.

Kindly go back to your man and ensure you show remorsefulness for betraying him while he takes care of his parents (remember, they're yours too). Don't mind those cheering you on here. Many of them don't understand marriage but takes it for agitation. And if you want to remain married, show genuine repentance and you'll be shocked he won't even ask you to change it to his name again.

God will save your home.[/quote

And your narrative is based on what! Evidence or fact: You can speculate all you want. We are reaching our various conclusion based on the information available to us. We are not going to alter anything because here is not the court of law and we are not passing judgement. We only heard from one party to this issue and do we care to hear the full story from both side of course but that won’t be possible or necessary...if Op decided to come here and tell us such a nice story and unjustly faulted her husband...that is her problem. Just as we have unreasonable men in the society...we also have women...however...instead of trying to paint her a liar where you don’t know the full detail...just give her an advice she requested and leave the fallacy hasten conclusion you are positing.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Rejoice5000(f): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:
I had to open this account for anonymity
I'm in a dilemma, let me start like this, when i and my husband first got married we did a joint business that fetched us a huge amount of money, the aim was to build a house, when we got the money, he decided to use his' for his parents (i had no problem with that) then mine for what we wanted to use it for

Two weeks ago we had a major misunderstanding, it was soo intense to the extent that he told me to park out of the house, in the heat of things i told him that cannot be possible that the house is in my name, he was shocked, saying it is impossible we built it together that it's in his name, i had to remind him what happened then, he was furious saying it was wrong of me to use my name, that he cant believe he has been staying in a house that does not belong to him, he told his family what i did claming victim, then he packed out saying he wont come home till i change the name to his full name, i begged him to no avail, i dont even know how to tell my people, imagine if it was in his name, i and the kids would have been out of the house by now, he has requested for transfer from his office to another state cos of this, who does that?? He cant expect me to change it to his name.

Pls i need other advise to go about this, he is a good man but he feels his ego has been bruised, i need other options.

MODIFIED For those viewing this, i have made some clarifications down to page (1),
Atimes its good to talkless in marriage jst learn to apply wisdom my mum taught me dat and it has been helping me.men behave like babies but it depend on how u treat them.our investments,companies are all in my Name.ad we did court wedding too but attitude ad the way u approach issues matters,@post since he already ask u ad ur kids to leave thinking the documents are in his name but atlast reverse is the case pls don't change it to his name because poo will happen ad try to involve ur family members because from his actions u won't know wat will happen next or wat he is upto.stand ur ground ad talkless because according to u he started the drama of u leaving his house at first place.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by nazablossom(f): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2018
wordbank:

Again, you did not adhere to read this story probably where she said they agreed to her husband using his share for his family. She agreed to that.
They also agreed to buy LAND with her share, but the house is built by them not her alone. So why have all documents in her name without consulting her husband?
He said he wants to use his share for his parents, she said OK. If she had disagreed,she would be criticized for it and her disagreement wouldn't have stopped the man from doing his wish. Maybe she should have told the husband that she wants their house in her name since the money is hers, her husband would have refused, and by now,she would have been homeless because as usual she is dispensable and the man gets to own the house blah blah blah. Yeah! I know how it would have played out, Yeah! She made a wonderful decision.

Move on. I read it very well and I stand with the woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by ashjay001(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2018
michaelwilli:

Why would a husband make such threat?

Thank u, jare.

Making ur kids, homeless fashocked, bcoz of anger.

Op, u knew, this day was coming, yet u didn't reason all d variables Now, u're begging to remain in d marriage?

U can't be half-smart. Change d name or forget d marriage(in d short or long run), dazzol!

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by ebukamen(m): 7:26am On Jul 15, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
After God fear women!
So, you bought a land in your name and didn't tell your husband and the BOTH of you built on the house in your own name. You didn't even see a reason to tell him then until now.
I also think that the man isn't a good man but you are BOTH SCAMMERS.
Chai!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by wordbank(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2018
paulynpen:

You are just trying to form your own story, what she wrote here is very very clear and straight forward but your crooked mind will not allow you see it that way. [s]You prefer to think his father was sick what if it is true the man used his share to build for his father thinking he will use Hus wife's to build for himself?.[/s] Stop putting women in shackles its a sign of weakness.
Ogaaa, take your time to read all her posts on this issue to understand why the man you quoted said that.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 7:30am On Jul 15, 2018
Shut up with your silly advice. The woman did nothing wrong and you're here blaming her.
chris31:
Kiss ur marriage good bye if u neglect ur parents & go to ur pastor
Most marriage have crashed coz of my pastor say this & that
Ur parents are in the best position to calm ur husband down coz its anger that is burning inside him
Since its not a cheating case its not that a major case
But my advice to u next time learn how to shape ur mouth anytime ur having misunderstanding with ur husband
U women are fond of that don't be surprise that its coz of the things u said to him prompted him to act this way
Again if u don't want to bring more problem to urself don't carry this issue go meet ur pastor

3 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by paulynpen(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2018
Obason22:
You are not wrong to use part of ur money to support ur husband, but u are wrong to use ur name as ownership without His consent, in as I'm not in support of him throwing u and kids out of the hasu, our elder said that when u beat a child with right hand u draw him with left hand, I advice u to do the needful because he was the one that brought u as wife, if u actually want peace, for me personally I cannot leave in a hasu built by my wife and has her name attached as ownership its wrong, so I pray for peace between both of u and total reconciliation, u shall over comes ur challenges and not ur challenges over coming u, Peace and restoration upon ur family.

Then you can live under the brigde, I hope your ego would be adequately nursed there. Hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by wordbank(m): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2018
ashjay001:

Thank u, jare.

Making ur kids, homeless fashocked, bcoz of anger.

Op, u knew, this day was coming, yet u didn't reason all d variables Now, u're begging to remain in d marriage?

U can't be half-smart. Change d name or forget d marriage(in d short or long run), dazzol!
Dazzol
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by paulynpen(m): 7:31am On Jul 15, 2018
wordbank:

Ogaaa, take your time to read all her posts on this issue to understand why the man you quoted said that.

Yea I saw it but he try to add spices
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by benedictac(f): 7:32am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

He doesnt want that, i suggested it he said no, he has to be in charge fully not jointly

Pls pls don't try it. don't allow any pastor or anyone make you do that. instead let it be in the name of your first son or daughter if he doesn't want it as joint but having his name only is a NO NO.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Alwayzasking247: 7:32am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:
I had to open this account for anonymity
I'm in a dilemma, let me start like this, when i and my husband first got married we did a joint business that fetched us a huge amount of money, the aim was to build a house, when we got the money, he decided to use his' for his parents (i had no problem with that) then mine for what we wanted to use it for

Two weeks ago we had a major misunderstanding, it was soo intense to the extent that he told me to park out of the house, in the heat of things i told him that cannot be possible that the house is in my name, he was shocked, saying it is impossible we built it together that it's in his name, i had to remind him what happened then, he was furious saying it was wrong of me to use my name, that he cant believe he has been staying in a house that does not belong to him, he told his family what i did claming victim, then he packed out saying he wont come home till i change the name to his full name, i begged him to no avail, i dont even know how to tell my people, imagine if it was in his name, i and the kids would have been out of the house by now, he has requested for transfer from his office to another state cos of this, who does that?? He cant expect me to change it to his name.

Pls i need other advise to go about this, he is a good man but he feels his ego has been bruised, i need other options.

MODIFIED For those viewing this, i have made some clarifications down to page (1),

Wetin you gain eventually?
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by olalat(m): 7:32am On Jul 15, 2018
Sterope:
It could have been an omission on his part. No one is perfect. If he didn't bother, he clearly didn't think twice of HER CONTRIBUTION when he asked her to pack out.

You may be older than me but I know that men have asked their wives to pack out for something less than a word or two. They use as an instrument of control and blackmail. Besides, it is very condescending, arrogant and selfish to ask your wedded partner to pack up and leave like a fhucking guest. I really don't want to know what happened. I don't care! Do you know how fhucking long it took her to move in? No wonder men are scared to live in their wive's house. You can't bear to go through what you put women through because you own a fhucking house, do you? Hypocrite much? :-Disrespect or not, what should a woman do when her husband disrespect her? poison him or ask him to leave if she happens to own the house? Because I really don't understand what could justify asking your partner to pack out like a guest.

This is the same man that is now insisting on being the sole bearer. It sounds to me like a man who likes to control by fire or by force.

You think it is great to chase out a partner. I don't think it is. I don't care what could have happened. If you have a problem, you sort it out or you could make arrangements. You just don't ask your partner to pack out or throw their properties out!
I repeat it again, no real man will take that shiit from any woman. She has that much audacity and boldness to square up.to her husband because she knows she has a leverage over him. She put the issue up here because she really wants to keep her home. She knows things are going South in her family. Despite how intelligent it sounds, your argument would hardly make a home. A bird needs two wings to fly. Besides, do you think it's that easy to divorce a woman you love and bn living together for long? Marriage is not dating pls. Many things are involved.

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:34am On Jul 15, 2018
don't change d name

beg him to come back but b wise so u don't lose ur life get both families to settle dis issue but don't ever change d name

if u n others beg him n he refuses leave him, Karma will bring him backwards

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 7:34am On Jul 15, 2018
She owns at least 75% of the house since she also bought the land.
oshe11:
Alot of You are getting things wrong here....

The only thing the wife Own is THE LAND

They built the house TOGETHER!!!

2NDLY.....

What did she do to Warrant a GOOD man wanting her to leave?

And when she refused, he packed out and transfered?

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by paulynpen(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2018
Oklander:

So, when I just read the post, this question was what came to my mind. Unfortunately nobody on the first page asked. And, I do not know whether I missed it, but I couldn't find the response from the 2nd page that you happened to ask the very important question to around the 5th page that I could reach.

Madam op, the crap that most feminists wannabe and the so called feminists, and the disrespectful girls here who hasn't experinecd the marriage institution, and those girls who kept on criticizing the African marriage instituion, and the ones who totally lacks what a good man wants in a woman and the rest others who couldn't think far to what exactly you have done to turn a 'good man' into a monster(only a monster would want to chase out his own family JUST LIKE THAT), will not help you and the problem. The craps may make you feel better now but certainly for a very short period of time. As far the most important issue is not factored into what they are telling you here now makes it crap.

Do not tell us what happened is private and can't be revealed here, you made the post already.

With the little you presented up there, the man is now seen as a monster, very wicked and unreasonable? Agreed. But then, tell us, what have you done to a man you knew to be a 'GOOD MAN' to turn him to a WICKED MAN as presented in your op.?

Another weak man spotted. You do not ride on a woman to massage your ego. Strong leave by the consequences of their actions.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by mykelly(m): 7:35am On Jul 15, 2018
You must be sick
dingbang:
How did you manage to put your name as the owner or the house without letting him know? You are a snitch

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by ShenTeh(m): 7:36am On Jul 15, 2018
Martinez19:
grin lol. What sort of husband is that? Madam, if you love yourself, don't change the name to his. That man is full of pride, manipulative and mean. He wanted to throw you out of the house? If his name was on it, you would have been out. It's either he loves you or not. If he can't swallow his pride and strive to mend your relationship for the sake of love then forget the mean man. Who throws his wife that loves him out of the house over a mere disagreement?

He can't eat his cake and have it.

You are obviously not married yet!

Marriage is more complicated than that.
Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by Amberon11: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2018
She is not wrong. Her husband is wrong for wanting to be the sole owner of a property his wife contributed more to.
adubiay:

One major problem we have in Africa is that we don't pay attention to details before we start saying rubbish, @op said she bought the LAND with her money in her name, but they BOTH contributed to build the house. I guess the husband never knew the land is in the wife's name when he was pumping his money into the project, that might have formed basis for his anger, though he is over reacting, pls madam don't scatter your marriage based on some advise here from children who are not married, admit you are wrong by putting only your name, and bring your husband back home. You have ego too, so ur caption here that your husband has ego is wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home by buchilla: 7:37am On Jul 15, 2018
HEseesall:

You dont understand, we have kids, i am working but i cant do everything on my own, how will i tell them we are no more together because of property
Do you think that if you eventually does his wish he will never kick you and the kids out of the house. Woman,be wise and careful.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Kwara Blue Eyes Family: Risikat Azeez-Ayegbami Speaks "My Husband Abandoned Us" / A Sad Story Of A Virgin Married Woman - Ladies Learn / My Wife Is Circumcised And It's Affecting Our Sex Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.