Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent (5854 Views)

How Can A Broke Guy Be Romantic Or Show Love To His Girlfriend?? / At What Age Should A Man/Woman Get Married? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by kingchild(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
personally i think , its when you have the mind set to do so,

ok!

what is the meaning of this?

Indeed her tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half is evening

Wondering what led to this? its the translation of that arabic write-ups about this topic, of what sense has these to the thread?

perpetrator should desist,dont use the language u have no accurate knowledge of, it lead to bad communication

dont know what to write , keep ur hands.

advice though,,,, (don,t try to insult me cos thunder go fire u).
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by koolguy88(m): 7:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
[size=8pt]please, we need female contributors to this topic cos they are my mum's representer. when would you want your son to leave home? this is for the ladies ooooo[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by twinkle87(f): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
king-child:

personally i think , its when you have the mind set to do so,

ok!

what is the meaning of this?

Indeed her tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half [msaa'aa'inhaa] tenth. Indeed her seventh and the half the half is evening

Wondering what led to this? its the translation of that arabic write-ups  about this topic, of what sense has these to the thread?

perpetrator should desist,dont use the  language u have no accurate knowledge of, it lead to  bad  communication

dont know what to write , keep your hands.

advice though,,,, (don,t try to insult me cos thunder go fire u).

did u forget to take ur tabs?
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by twinkle87(f): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
@Kool guy: once my son has started working, btw 25/27. but will pay him forth nightly visits then reduce it to once a month, till am sure he stable enough. i will also love to know his gf one on one just in case.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by jennifer22(f): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2010
the Nigerian Schooling System is not helping matter at-all, i know the number of time a friend of mine fought for admission, first jamb had to seized his result, second post ume test, third strik, before he know he had turned 25, still trying to round his ND because univesity cud not admit him due to large number of student trying to gain admission.
let say at that time when he was 22 he had to be indenpedent of expenses, i am comming
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by kobikwelu(m): 12:55am On Jun 16, 2010
once you have a stable job/source of income and you are mature enough to take far reaching decisions (and live with the consequence) on your own, your good to go
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by rydeorsail(m): 5:19am On Jun 16, 2010
when d guy ready abeg
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by james1(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2010
As soon as you can cater to yourself,100%
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by harakiri(m): 8:24am On Jun 16, 2010
As soon as you are ready to shoulder your own responsibilities.I started when i was 25. grin
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by Ranoscky(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2010
Maga don start to dey pay u? if maga never pay u make u no commot 4 ur mama house no mata d age OO! shocked
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by Murphyebsu(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2010
any tym he is financially stable
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 17, 2010
I know of a friend's brother-now 41 or 42 in his father's crib. Thats absurd. Well I am just 23 and moving out some two to three months time, but I am absolutely independent. Sometimes, I even give papa money.

Well, A guy should leave home when he can hustle for himself. Sometimes you need to go through some hard times early in life. If you dont you may be way behind.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by koseepaaro(m): 1:11pm On Jun 17, 2010
I will clock 28 by late this year 2010 and still staying with my mum. Though, I'm not proud of that but I'm still staying with her because I believe that my current source of income is not yet stable. But I've been taking some bold steps (now) toward being on my own soon.

House please, make na no abuse me o, it is due to the environment that I grew up.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by Ranoscky(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2010
^^Guy if u know say ur leg never strong make u no dream of leaving ur mama house oo, no go think say some of ur guys don dey on their on therefore make u sef try dey on ur own, na lie oo, destiny no be desame oo, u don't know their back ground (their source of income) or even if u know, no thinkam just believe GOD say when ur time come u sef go live larger dan dem and even na flat u go live on, just wait 4 GOD's time abeg, destiny no b d same!
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by mecussey(m): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
I got independent at 24, although it's with God's favor; I think we should learn how to move out of our comfort zone. The truth of the matter is, when you move, God moves too; There is difference between commitment and interest. Commitment is going after something when you are not ready for it, while interest is going after it at your own convenience. A life spent making mistakes and taking risks is more interesting than a life spent doing nothing. Now tell me, if you do not commit your self, what will you do with your life. Most successful men you see today are those who were left solo, with themselves and by themselves. I think every man have to be very adventurous, it's not easy men, buy you got to try.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by nigboy(m): 5:15am On Jun 18, 2010
No definite age.

Any time you are ready just go
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by realcele: 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
what sort of independent are you talking about? If it is the one am thinking of overall independent is as soon as possible between 8yrs and 11 yrs old to be ideal this will build up on how he will be shaped in life either financially, emotionally, academically etc.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by BabaRamo(m): 4:03am On Jun 24, 2010
Never, blood-sucker pest. Stay with your parents until you have grandchildren. They all could stay there too. I, as a parent will not even let the thought of staying creep into your lazy, jamb-excuse-giving, sorry species. Pack your few belongings and leave already. You can take the sheets (God knows when the last time was that you washed them anyway), but leave the bed.
Re: At What Age Should A Guy Be Independent by vivaladiva(f): 5:40am On Jun 24, 2010
depends on ur determination to be independent, family, society, circumstance and country of residence
by the way independence is not strictly financial, u cld b financially independent but mentally dependant on ur folks for a whole bunch of things
ie who to marry
what religion to belong to
wat culture n tradition to observe

by 18, i had achieved complete financial independence, mental independence came a little later cos i was still dependant on my parents values, in a nut shell i hadnt found the true identity of vivaladiva.
this however was the life i was born into and it was a life i embraced, cos i hate control n interferance frm parents or any body trying to lord over my life, i bliv i was v lucky n i wont trade it for anything else, even though it wasnt easy, n i made a bunch of mistakes, they r my mistakes not anybodies
my siblings on the other hand have yet to achieve my kind of independence even at age 22, because for now, their arse is stuck in nigeria n me mum is to a large extent financially responsible for them

my question is, in nigeria can one achieve mental independence while one still remains financially dependant on ones parent ( sorry for all the ones)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good Or Bad, Ladies? (photo) / Teenage Girl Shows Off Her Panties On Facebook In A Photo Pose / My Newly Married Neighbors Scare Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.