Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,599 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (60712 Views)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / N150 Tomato With Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by extremelygolden: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
Maket:

From today I will never swallowed every thing I see in all these posting.
I guess this Benue is not in this planet.

My dear, she said the truth. I spent some months in Benue State on
a visit, I couldn't believe how cheap tomatoes were. When my auntie I went to visit came home with baskets of tomatoes she bought for N200.00 each, very big and fresh tomatoes, I laughed until tears began to roll down my cheeks. Everybody thought I had gone crazy. Why wouldn't I laugh, ehen? when I buy just about 5 pieces of that same size of tomatoes for same amount here in Lagos.

Prices of yam in Zakibiam nko? That one is even another story entirely.

Benue State is indeed the food basket of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by omoelerin1: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kendumazy:
Transport, loading, offloading, market union fees, road union fees are factors that makes it seems costly when it arrives lagos.

Cheap s7 edge. Check my signature
olopa nko? road safety nko? Lagos govt agencies nko? local govt nko. Local council development area nko? area boys nko, omo onile nko,
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by cronsberg: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2018
As a fulani man through and through, i will always unashamedly keep saying that i envy those benue people in a good way. When i passed through benue some years ago, i dont know why i just fell in love with the place. I saw what good agriculture looks like, from seeing abundant giant yams in commercial quantity, to jucy looking giant mangoes, to very jucy looking oranges, to lush and green land, even the girls look appealing with naturally radiant black skin with very generous backside to compliment. I dont know why nomadic fulanis keep disturbing those people and distracting them from farming (which they seem to be very good at). Please my people, settle down in one place, give ur cattle some rest and rest yourself too, improve cattle breed, send your children to school, establish milk companies and meat packing industries etc collaborate with the middle belt farmers harmoniously to be getting food products while you supply them milk,beef,manure,leather etc it can work, so why not?

6 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2018
Prove her wrong or lipsrsealed
toysleek:
Anything to trend on twitter sha

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 8:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
Really?
dlaw70:
Where i live i benue ,it is sold for #200
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by somehow: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
Does it mean there are no entrepreneurs or business men in Benue that can make paste with these cheap tomatoes?

No thinkers in Benue that can set up a tomato paste factory?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2018
8 or 9k for a hundred pieces of yam?
dlaw70:
yap,u can also get a moderate sized hundred yam for 8 or 9k.d place is called zaki biam (largest yam mkt in west Africa )

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by mcyemite(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
I once saw on a TV progra, farmers market on AIT, a sack of orange with price tag of #200 written on it and lots of them were left by the road side with the hope of people buying, all the oranges got spoilt there by the road side without anyone buying..another episode of the program I saw tubers of yam been used as fire wood because they got dried due to poor storage
.a basket of yam on market day is #100 about 10 yams in it.. Yet no one is buying...

All this happening in benue state..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by grandstar(m): 8:39pm On Jul 15, 2018
Poverty is real.

The country desperately needs to develop its agro-allied industries. That is the best outlet for a lot of food that is produced by farmers.

If properly harnessed, farmers will even find it difficult meeting supply

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by mvem(m): 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video
...#150 might be exaggerated but if u have been to Benue u will know food is very cheap...and u will shocked when u buy tinz like oranges, yam, perishables and a lot because of the price

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Munzy14(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2018
Another good use of internet. Just watch how traders will influx there to clear the cheap commodity.

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Bizibi(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
mcyemite:
I once saw on a TV progra, farmers market on AIT, a sack of orange with price tag of #200 written on it and lots of them were left by the road side with the hope of people buying, all the oranges got spoilt there by the road side without anyone buying..another episode of the program I saw tubers of yam been used as fire wood because they got dried due to poor storage
.a basket of yam on market day is #100 about 10 yams in it.. Yet no one is buying...

All this happening in benue state..
I wish there is a railway from north central to the south,it will make business easy for them.we need such quantities from such a state......

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by toscolee(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video
put a call to anyone you know in the state and you will find out that she's not lying. sad but true.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 9:00pm On Jul 15, 2018
Amberon11:
8 or 9k for a hundred pieces of yam?
nigga ant u in Nigeria? Havnt u heard of zaki biam?

Anyways i am into yam business ,though i base here but i buy and take yam to places like calabar,Benin ,and ph.u can come c 4 ursef if u like.
People who know this place keep quiet while making so much money from here.pls just Google zaki biam bro

3 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2018
Really
Amberon11:
Really?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Adeebiwa09(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
toysleek:
Anything to trend on twitter sha

I served in Benue and can attest to the truth of that, why did you think its called food basket of the nation

2 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by salaode(m): 9:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
I served at Lessel...I can actually relate
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by aliscomonaj: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
She is not lieing. Am from kogi, sometimes it goes for less than N500/basket.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2018
Is that for a big basket?
aliscomonaj:
She is not lieing. Am from kogi, sometimes it goes for less than N500/basket.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2018
Really?
salaode:
I served at Lessel...I can actually relate

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 9:06pm On Jul 15, 2018
Wow, I never knew. Thank you so much for this information. My brother just recently talked about starting this business but didn't know anywhere nor anyone in benue. Thanks for this insight. And he intends to sell in ph too.
dlaw70:
nigga ant u in Nigeria? Havnt u heard of zaki biam?

Anyways i am into yam business ,though i base here but i buy and take yam to places like calabar,Benin ,and ph.u can come c 4 ursef if u like.
People who know this place keep quiet while making so much money from here.pls just Google zaki biam bro
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by uuzba(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2018
Kendumazy:
Transport, loading, offloading, market union fees, road union fees are factors that makes make it seems seem costly when it arrives lagos.

Cheap s7 edge. Check my signature
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by sekavbasil: 9:09pm On Jul 15, 2018
Avedonn:
That's a fake news.
This lady just want to trend if not, how can a basket of tomatoes goes for N150 at this period of tomato scarcity.

If it's around January/February I may believe her but not now when farmers are transplanting the seedlings.

How I wish u come to Benue and see for yourself. Tomatoes goes for #50 per basket some days, such markets include, lessel, gboko ( ubangaji market) , wannune in Tarkaa, Tyowanye in Buruku. 100kg bag of oranges goes for as low as #500. cheap, yam,cassava,groundnut and many more
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 9:11pm On Jul 15, 2018
Connect him with me and i will put him through.i will teach him about d market and can assist him in the mkt when he comes
Amberon11:
Wow, I never knew. Thank you so much for this information. My brother just recently talked about starting this business but didn't know anywhere nor anyone in benue. Thanks for this insight. And he intends to sell in ph too.

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2018
Its not about harvesting plenty of tomatoes without having a processing plant its just a pity that all their leaders can't build a factory
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by sekavbasil: 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2018
deadkamalu:
surprised people actually believe the lie

if you doubt call me on 07066137409 and I will take u to the markets that can sale below #150 per basket here in Benue
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by wanger50(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2018
My hometown is next to that market. it can come down to 50 naira per basket. one can imagine the level of misfortune of those farmers. The government has never had any policy to alleviate their plight .Anyone in doubt can call me on 08057747005.we can even arrange a supply deal
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by sekavbasil: 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2018
If anybody doubt what she said come to Benue and call my number 07066137409 and I will take to to markets that can sale a basket of tomatoes for #100 with other cheap commodities like pepper,oranges,groundnuts,cassava,yam,soybeans etc. Benue is the food basket no doubt about that
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
Link him up with me and i will put him through
Amberon11:

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by wanger50(m): 9:22pm On Jul 15, 2018
dlaw70:
Connect him with me and i will put him through.i will teach him about d market and can assist him in the mkt when he comes
You can reach me on 08057747005.I live here and can be of assistance
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
wanger50:
You can reach me on 08057747005.I live here and can be of assistance
i will preferre airtel cos that's the best network here:08120572518
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Olabenjamen22(m): 9:24pm On Jul 15, 2018
DeBrain045:
Business men see business oh go buy for trailer N150 come sell for east and west over N7000

what of preservation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can One Eat To Get White Eyes / How Many Derica Are In 50kg Bag Of Rice / Suya Wrapped In Newspaper Showing Exchange Rate In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.