Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (60707 Views)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / N150 Tomato With Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by wtfCode: 1:00am On Jul 16, 2018
i dont belivit
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by chieni(f): 3:19am On Jul 16, 2018
woow. meanwhile a basket is 2200 in Abuja.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by antyokya: 4:07am On Jul 16, 2018
Avedonn:
That's a fake news.
This lady just want to trend if not, how can a basket of tomatoes goes for N150 at this period of tomato scarcity.

If it's around January/February I may believe her but not now when farmers are transplanting the seedlings.

in Benue this the season for tomatoes. it may even get cheaper around August/September when it's the bumper harvest's peak. please don't sit down there in Lagos and claim Nigeria starts and ends there. Nigeria is beyond that. thanks
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by thebestprice(m): 5:11am On Jul 16, 2018
Drop your numberm
dlaw70:
nigga ant u in Nigeria? Havnt u heard of zaki biam?

Anyways i am into yam business ,though i base here but i buy and take yam to places like calabar,Benin ,and ph.u can come c 4 ursef if u like.
People who know this place keep quiet while making so much money from here.pls just Google zaki biam bro
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by thebestprice(m): 5:13am On Jul 16, 2018
dlaw70:
Connect him with me and i will put him through.i will teach him about d market and can assist him in the mkt when he comes
drop your contact
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Chemicalsolo: 5:51am On Jul 16, 2018
N150 is even expensive, come to the main tomato market in Benue called ubangaji it will go for N50.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by obosirow: 6:57am On Jul 16, 2018
sarrki:
That’s more reason Fulani herdsmen attack must stop

Benue is the food basket

That's the more reason they want to take their lands cos they are very fertile.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nnamdiojukwu: 7:06am On Jul 16, 2018
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video
Is true,iam also from there,not only tomatoes that is cheap there,a bag of orange can go as low as N200.That is in ushongu local government.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by injurybaba(m): 7:15am On Jul 16, 2018
Why serving in benue, I once bought 23 pieces of yam for 2700 that was in December 2016 and bucket of oranges for 100

Mumsy kept shouting for weeks

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 7:24am On Jul 16, 2018
Please what is the cost of yams there as of now?
Chemicalsolo:
N150 is even expensive, come to the main tomato market in Benue called ubangaji it will go for N50.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2018
Please what is the price in benue as of now because I know someone who is interested in starting this business.
antyokya:

in Benue this the season for tomatoes. it may even get cheaper around August/September when it's the bumper harvest's peak. please don't sit down there in Lagos and claim Nigeria starts and ends there. Nigeria is beyond that. thanks
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 7:28am On Jul 16, 2018
Keep quiet there. I have been reading comments from more than 100 people from Twitter and nairaland here and more than 90% of commenters confirmed this news to be true.
bonnyhope:
The lady is a big liar....Benue does not cultivate tomatoes and besides this is a season of tomatoe scarcity because of rainfall ...rainfall destroys it..benue gets tomatoe from plateau and is expensive now

2 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 7:29am On Jul 16, 2018
So do you confirm this news to be true?
GavelSlam:
I've been to Lessel before.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Chepos1(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2018
Amberon11:
Wow, I never knew. Thank you so much for this information. My brother just recently talked about starting this business but didn't know anywhere nor anyone in benue. Thanks for this insight. And he intends to sell in ph too.
Am currently in Benue, Agatu local government to be precise, I farm yam in large quantities. I can make the connection for him if he wish. He must com down n see for himself first.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Niyobrown(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2018
Avedonn:
That's a fake news.
This lady just want to trend if not, how can a basket of tomatoes goes for N150 at this period of tomato scarcity.

If it's around January/February I may believe her but not now when farmers are transplanting the seedlings.
Oga plant tomatoes in ur house. If ur plantation is big enough, u might be forced to sell it fo #100. All u need is the seeds, water, the soil nd care.
These women have no way of preserving the large harvest. They cant eat it all too. Theyl sell for #10 than watch it waste in spoilage. �
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2018
That would be very nice. Yes he plans to come down himself but wants to get information first.

Please can you tell me the cost of say 100 or 200 pieces of yams?
Chepos1:

Am currently in Benue, Agatu local government to be precise, I farm yam in large quantities. I can make the connection for him if he wish. He must com down n see for himself first.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Chepos1(m): 8:36am On Jul 16, 2018
Amberon11:
That would be very nice. Yes he plans to come down himself but wants to get information first.

Please can you tell me the cost of say 100 or 200 pieces of yams?
D price depends on the season, the size of d yam and other factors. Lik now, it's scarce so it cost more, but if its harvest time(I.e Nov -April) it's cheaper. People dat are into d business usually buy it dat period and store for time being.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by confluence: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2018
Those thinking about the business side of it , you need to think twice, transportation will finish you, you hardly will make anything out of it, that is main reason the individual from that area will not even bother to transport it to where it is highly needed, you know tomatoes very highly perishable, Don't get burn, I have been there before, the security personnel with local government people collecting revenue will finish you before getting to your destination, the only way out of this mess is processing

2 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 10:06am On Jul 16, 2018
Oh...that's very insightful. So can you give an estimate of the prices for big ones and for normal ones during this season when it's scarce and also during the season of abundance when it's cheaper? Thanks a lot.
Chepos1:

D price depends on the season, the size of d yam and other factors. Lik now, it's scarce so it cost more, but if its harvest time(I.e Nov -April) it's cheaper. People dat are into d business usually buy it dat period and store for time being.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2018
Processing is not the only way out of this.
If they can be transported in solar powered cooling vans it could last week's or even up to a month.

Broaden your horizon.
confluence:
Those thinking about the business side of it , you need to think twice, transportation will finish you, you hardly will make anything out of it, that is main reason the individual from that area will not even bother to transport it to where it is highly needed, you know tomatoes very highly perishable, Don't get burn, I have been there before, the security personnel with local government people collecting revenue will finish you before getting to your destination, the only way out of this mess is processing
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by confluence: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2018
like i said before, for tomatoes, it is not worth the trouble, for example i was invovle with a friend moving yam to lagos from zaki biam , the number of check points on the road is more than 60 ,literally all collecting one kind of revenue or the other, in some cases the driver will have to pack his truck while you argue with those thieves on how much you are suppose to pay, think of it if you are carrying perishable item like tomatoes and somes places the armed personell will even tell you what you pay is small and you are left for like 30 to 40 minutes unattended to.
I give up on Nigeria matter
Amberon11:
Processing is not the only way out of this.
If they can be transported in solar powered cooling vans it could last week's or even up to a month.

Broaden your horizon.

4 Likes

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Dainamo: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2018
it's not a setup bro. It's for real.
DeBrain045:
Op take it easy inside this buhari regime basket of tomatoes N150 it can be a setup video
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2018
What's the name of this local government? ?
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2018
thebestprice:
Drop your number, or mail me at heaven6923consultants@gmail.com
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by dlaw70(m): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2018
thebestprice:
drop your contact
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Chepos1(m): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2018
Amberon11:
Oh...that's very insightful. So can you give an estimate of the prices for big ones and for normal ones during this season when it's scarce and also during the season of abundance when it's cheaper? Thanks a lot.
As @d last tym I checked, it was 400 tubers d owner was willing to sell. D price tag was 55k, ordinarily it should be around 35-40 if its harvest time.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by Amberon11: 11:35am On Jul 16, 2018
Please when was this? Can I have your contact so we could discuss further.
Chepos1:

As @d last tym I checked, it was 400 tubers d owner was willing to sell. D price tag was 55k, ordinarily it should be around 35-40 if its harvest time.
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by mujaheed08: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
Food is cheap in the north
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by deadkamalu: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2018
sekavbasil:

if you doubt call me on 07066137409 and I will take u to the markets that can sale below #150 per basket here in Benue
you dont need to bother i am on ground and its all lies
Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by bixton(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
deadkamalu:
you dont need to bother i am on ground and its all lies

Since you're on ground and its all lies can you kindly inform us of the current price for the basket of tomato?

1 Like

Re: Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 by deadkamalu: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
bixton:

Since you're on ground and its all lies can you kindly inform us of the current price for the basket of tomato?
how much is the transportation cost from villages to the said lessel market or are you mistaking 1500 for 150ngn. nothwistanding i will get an update of the actual price tommorow but just last friday in zaki biam a basket goes for 2000 and above and it is dependent on sizes and the condition of the tomatoes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Can One Eat To Get White Eyes / How Many Derica Are In 50kg Bag Of Rice / Suya Wrapped In Newspaper Showing Exchange Rate In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.