Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,840 members, 7,866,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! (1041 Views)

Tips For Dating An African American (akata) Woman / Reasons Why The Mordern Man Can't Last Long During Sex / "My Man Can't Leave Me Because No Woman Sucks Dick Better Than I' - Cardi B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2018
I am an African American woman who recently began dating an east African man. I've never dated anyone other than African American men and don't have much experience dating as a whole. I like this man but I'm very skeptical of him. I've read the horror stories and have seen some red flags. He came on very strong in the beginning. Very complimentary and blowing up my phone at all hours of the day. He made some big declarations at the beginning that seemed a bit farfetched. Love and such after a couple of weeks of knowing each other. Trust me, when he said it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Anyways, the relationship seems to have deepened. He has gradually shared more and more personal stories with me. He has become more open, tender and less guarded. This isn't to say that things have been roses. There are a lot of lies he is just now admitting to. My thought is that I was initially supposed to be a fling and so he felt no problem lying to me. My concern now is that while things seem to be deepening, he is still flirting and entertaining the affections of women on social media. We have been dating for just over two months so I have no claim to this man and have been very self-protective because I know how these things can go. In the beginning, he told me he is a cheater. LOL! That he will likely cheat on any woman he dates, not because he does not love them, but that it's a compulsion. I think I appreciated his candor. I kept going out with him in large part because in this day and age, I think it's incredibly challenging to find a man who will not cheat when presented with the opportunity. Anyways, I don't know if I should invest here. I don't want to get hurt but I feel like it's coming. I've read that African men are NEVER serious about African American women. That we are play things and that they prefer to marry women from home. Is that true? Is this a waste of time?
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by duduade: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
vonnsherry:
I am an African American woman who recently began dating an east African man. I've never dated anyone other than African American men and don't have much experience dating as a whole. I've dated ex-husband for most of my adult life. Anyways, I like this man but I'm very skeptical of him. I've read the horror stories and have seen some glaring red flags. He came on very strong in the beginning. Very complimentary and blowing up my phone at all hours of the day. He made some big declarations at the beginning that seemed a bit farfetched. Love and such after a couple of weeks of knowing each other. Trust me, when he said it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Anyways, we slept together and the relationship seemed to deepen from there. He has gradually shared more and more personal stories with me and his struggles, things no one else knows. I've been supporting him through tough times. He has become more open, tender and less guarded. This isn't to say that things have been roses. There are a lot of lies he is just now admitting to. My thought is that I was initially supposed to be a fling and so he felt no problem lying to me. Now that things have deepened a bit, he is of his own free will coming clean and being honest-ish. LOL. My concern is that while things seem to be deepening, he is still flirting and entertaining the affections of women on social media. We have been dating for just over two months so I have no claim to this man and have been very self-protective because I know how these things can go. I've been doing my best to learn about his culture and to learn his language to foster a real connection. I'm just not sure it's worth it if he has a ton of female friends and a roving eye. In the beginning, he told me he is a cheater. LOL! That he is not a perfect man. That he will likely cheat on any woman he dates, not because he does not love them, but that it's a compulsion. I think I appreciated his honesty. I kept going out with him in large part because in this day and age, I think it's incredibly challenging to find a man who will not cheat when presented with the opportunity. Anyways, I don't know if I should invest here. I'm keeping my options open but I do really like him and I feel like we are getting somewhere. The only thing I will say is that he has very few hobbies and not a lot of interests to talk about. I am pretty active and am constantly working on things so sometimes conversations can be hard. I am always trying to introduce him to new things but he is so closed off sometimes to American things because of his contempt for this country. He had a full life back home. He misses it. That's a big thing, too. He may go back in a few months permanently. He asked me if I'd come visit him but I don't know how genuine that request is. I don't want to get hurt but I feel like it's coming. I've read that African men are NEVER serious about African American women. That we are play things and that they prefer to marry women from home. Is that true? Is this a waste of time?

This is a waste of time... Both of you aren't on the same line and neither do you have anything in common... Try to protect your heart and avoid been defrauded

2 Likes

Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
Did he give you money? Is that why you like him? Or you just like the attention you get from him?

I'm asking because our women have brain washed me. I no longer understand what a female wants.

Does your attraction to him stem from his money or what? Please tell me
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
let's wait for the elders to come and give you advice

1 Like

Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by mimimile93: 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2018
U read dat AM dont get serious with AAW, where did u read dat?
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
You guys are not compatible together.. save your self from future emotional trauma.. He is a cheater who is not ready to let go of his cheating lifestyle..
Relationships is all about sacrifices, we sacrifice for those we love.. if he is not willing to let go of cheating, then he is not worth it..

1 Like

Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
You guys are not compatible together.. save your self from future emotional trauma.. He is a cheater who is not ready to let go of his cheating lifestyle..
Relationships is all about sacrifices, we sacrifice for those we love.. if he is not willing to let go of cheating, then he is not worth it..

1 Like

Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by mimimile93: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2018
jessca048:
let's wait for the elders to come and give you advice
lil sis how are u?
I read it on several forums. Several African women offered it up. Said that they like to treat AAW as side girlfriends or play things but have no intentions of marrying them.
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2018
vonnsherry:
I am an African American woman who recently began dating an east African man. I've never dated anyone other than African American men and don't have much experience dating as a whole. I like this man but I'm very skeptical of him. I've read the horror stories and have seen some red flags. He came on very strong in the beginning. Very complimentary and blowing up my phone at all hours of the day. He made some big declarations at the beginning that seemed a bit farfetched. Love and such after a couple of weeks of knowing each other. Trust me, when he said it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Anyways, the relationship seems to have deepened. He has gradually shared more and more personal stories with me. He has become more open, tender and less guarded. This isn't to say that things have been roses. There are a lot of lies he is just now admitting to. My thought is that I was initially supposed to be a fling and so he felt no problem lying to me. My concern now is that while things seem to be deepening, he is still flirting and entertaining the affections of women on social media. We have been dating for just over two months so I have no claim to this man and have been very self-protective because I know how these things can go. In the beginning, he told me he is a cheater. LOL! That he will likely cheat on any woman he dates, not because he does not love them, but that it's a compulsion. I think I appreciated his candor. I kept going out with him in large part because in this day and age, I think it's incredibly challenging to find a man who will not cheat when presented with the opportunity. Anyways, I don't know if I should invest here. I don't want to get hurt but I feel like it's coming. I've read that African men are NEVER serious about African American women. That we are play things and that they prefer to marry women from home. Is that true? Is this a waste of time?
you lack manners,you can't even greet
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Wilfredpat22(f): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2018
Ma you will not get the best advice online. I think the man is coming out straight with you. Give him a chance first. East African men are caring if you aren’t aware. Give him a chance

Most people on this forum don’t understand the word DATING

1 Like

Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Young03(m): 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2018
Ma,we r in west Africa not East Africa

Find East Africa Forum and,ask that question
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 15, 2018
mimimile93:
lil sis how are u?
am doing fine just relaxing for today and tomorrow normal hussle continues. how is your side
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by MissRaine69(f): 3:19am On Jul 16, 2018
So no African American men behave in exactly the way that you assume African men behave?
Africa is a continent not a country there is no one expert to tell you specifics regarding the behaviour of all African men!
You are an adult what exactly do you want out of this? That is a question only you can answer as at the end of the day it’s your life.
African men/women have been setting up homes with African American men/women and raising families kindly dispel the myth that we all want something most of us don’t!
Re: Dating An East African Man. Can't Tell If He Is Serious About Me. Help! by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 16, 2018
He told he cheats
You know he lied
What are you waiting for?

(1) (Reply)

See All Alaafin’s Wives At His Daughter’s Traditional Wedding (photos+video) / Any Lady Between 27-30,ready For Serious Courtship In Akure. / I Need A Girl Willing To Make Me Her Permanent Slave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.