Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out (1924 Views)

Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Mom Whose Kids Burnt To Death In Ondo State Speaks In Heartbreaking FB Post / Meet Fortune Ibe, The Tallest 15 -Year-Old Teenager In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by crackhaus: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mindfulness:

If you don't care, there is no need jumping onto the thread.
And you care? cheesy
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Ewuro4: 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2018
She’s not 18, the story is splashed over Facebook , her brother exposed them. He literally abducted the girl, brainwashed her and married her in church, no bride price, nothing. The church headquarters however denied any affiliation with the parish.
Apparently, a young girl isn’t safe to leave alone without tight supervision anymore. Never in my life seen this before.

I know this is practiced among heauterites here but with parents consent. This is child abuse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ewuro4:
She’s not 18, the story is splashed over Facebook , her brother exposed them. He literally abducted the girl, brainwashed her and married her in church, no bride price, nothing. The church headquarters however denied any affiliation with the parish.
Apparently, a young girl isn’t safe to leave alone without tight supervision anymore. Never in my life seen this before.

I know this is practiced among heauterites here but with parents consent. This is child abuse.

undecided cry
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2018
bukatyne:

Read my first comment, I expressed she looked lost.

I am not rooting for the husband however legally, the husband has done nothing wrong.

She is 18 and free to marry whosoever. Getting parental consent is more of moral than legal.

Younger and less developed girls are having sex daily with their age mates and father's age mates.

I am looking at her 'lemons' and spinning them into lemonades. This type of marriage is NOT new and in some places cultural. Infact, I wouldn't be amazed if the parents saw nothing wrong in this union; the mother might have been in same boat.

I served with a girl whose parents were hounding for marriage and emotionally blackmailing her that she wouldn't get a spouse at 22. Her parents were very rich.

I served with another who was married off at 17 when her father died ad she managed to finish her HND with two kids despite reditable and discouragement. That girl is my inspiration in turning lemons to lemonades

If this girl attended anothet church were makeup/dressing well is allowed and she was well dressed, she would look better.

I don't know her story however the husband seems excited to have caught a 'divine' fish. Let her spin that to her advantage and make the best that she can of her marriage.

Story.

The girl is not 18 and even if she were, she looks and behaves totally immature. I was thinking that she, either, is not 18 yet, or a re*tard. There are definitely other ways to face the camera. Come on! How can any sane man even think of climbing on top of such a child?

*makes me wanna puke*

Please, cut the crap with the lemons. I would have to have a lot of vodka with them to see it in a positive light. It's totally messed up for a girl or a boy to have to get married to their papa's mates to escape poverty or get an education.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
crackhaus:

And you care? cheesy

A little.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by crackhaus: 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ewuro4:

Who are we supposed to believe now?

https://www.nairaland.com/4611833/raphael-udoye-liar-sister-married#69283517
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
crackhaus:

Who are we supposed to believe now?

https://www.nairaland.com/4611833/raphael-udoye-liar-sister-married#69283517

We could ask the girl but for some reason nobody believes she is old/mature enough to speak for herself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by crackhaus: 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mindfulness:

We could ask the girl but for some reason nobody believes she is old/mature enough to speak for herself.
Lol, smartass.

If the interviewer had been professional enough to seek her opinion and she proclaimed she was in love and also saw the marriage as divine, your next line of logic would be to say she has been brainwashed and knows not what she says.

I kind of know how your brain works, in case you didn't know that.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by bukatyne(f): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2018
Ewuro4:

If the parents didn't consent, isn't this now a good time to cry out for public intervention?

A brother said she was brainwashed and married

Another brother said the first one was/is lying.

This interview was conducted to 'clear' the air and 'establish' the 'truth'.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2018
crackhaus:

Lol, smartass.

If the interviewer had been professional enough to seek the girl's opinion and she proclaimed she was in love and also saw the marriage as divine, your next line of logic would be to say she has been brainwashed and knows not what she says.

I kind of know how your brain works, in case you didn't know that.

She will surely speak up very confidently and maturely and will make a very credible impression. Just wait and see. Good night.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by crackhaus: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
Mindfulness:

She will surely speak up very confidently and maturely and will make a very credible impression. Just wait and see. Good night.
Yup, and even if she did speak confidently with maturity, you will still say she has been brainwashed by the church.

Night to you too.
Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by cococandy(f): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2018
Mindfulness:

Yet she is old enough to marry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Who Married 18 Yr Old Teenager In Imo State Speaks Out by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 18, 2018
cococandy:

Yet she is old enough to marry

She gets to be called madam. She should be grateful. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Choosing Lagos Island Or Mainland / When You Are Hot And Your Partner Isn't In The Mood For Sex, What Do You Do? / Should I Be Regretting This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.