Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) (35280 Views)

Dehumanized Corper: A Younger Sister To A Tinsel Celebrity Star(photos) / "Beverly Osu Looks Like A Mad Woman": Non-Fan Tells BBA Star (Photos) / 21-year-old Student Gives Up Her Law Career To Become An Instagram Star. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Hedonisst: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
Way to go. Kylie Jenner is worth a staggering $900m courtesy of her social media followers - selling her own make up products to them.

The bottom line, the success metric in Life, is money. Attending Oxford, Harvard and University of Bla Bla BLAREST motherfucking bla and graduating with a degree in Bleh Bleh Blehest of Bleh wouldn't make the world regard you as successful, even if you graduated with first class. It's a joke really, how education - in the sense of pursuing degree certification - is a complete waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by LZAA: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2018
PassiveNaira:
Oxford student who attended £9,600-a-year nursery and four public schools abandons law career... so she can be a star on Instagram
Grace Beverley, 21 shelved plans for law career to be a Instagram influencer

Under the name GraceFitUK, she already has more than a million followers online
She shares exercise tips and uses social media to sell her own fitness products and endorse other brands with sponsored videos.

She attended a £9,600-a-year nursery and no fewer than four public schools, then won a place at Oxford.

But well-heeled Grace Beverley, 21, has now shelved plans for a career in law – to become a full-time ‘Instagram influencer’ instead.

Under the name GraceFitUK, she already has more than a million followers online, where she shares exercise tips in tight sportswear. She uses social media to sell her own fitness products – and endorse other brands with sponsored videos.

Miss Beverley went to Oxford after getting an A*, two A's and one B at A-level at the prestigious St Paul’s Girls’ School in west London. This followed periods at three other private schools during a six-figure education that began at a bilingual nursery, La Petite Ecole Francaise, which now costs £9,600 per year.

Her father, Peter, runs his own business consultancy while her mother, Victoria, is a senior curator at the Victoria and Albert Museum.

However, instead of pursuing a high-powered professional career like many of her peers, Miss Beverley hopes to emulate the likes of Zoella – the British social media superstar worth an estimated £2.5million.

Social media stars – or ‘influencers’ – earn money through partnerships with brands which pay them to advertise their products. They can make up to £100 per post if they have up to 10,000 followers, while for those with a fanbase of 100,000, the money can rise to £350 per post.

Miss Beverley, who already posts around four sponsored videos a month, has 366,000 followers on YouTube and 837,000 on Instagram – meaning she could be commanding considerably higher fees.

The Oxford music student is due to complete her degree at St Peter’s College next year, and had intended to take a professional qualification afterwards to begin a career in law or the City. However, she has now decided to pursue her online work instead.

The undergraduate began posting photos online during her A-levels to track her exercise progress, and even blocked ‘around 400’ people she knew from accessing the page out of embarrassment. ‘I wanted to get fit for summer and didn’t expect it to continue,’ she said. Miss Beverley insisted that her social media commitments have not affected her studies. ‘If it’s a really stressful week and all I can post is a selfie then that’s that, it’s not the end of the world,’ she said.

‘I will never give the university a reason to think that they are not my top priority.

‘I’m extra-careful and extra-diligent and try extra hard in all my work. I can handle it and I can handle the stress. I like being busy. I’ve worked so hard to get to this point ... I don’t want to look back and think “I could have done so much better”.’

Source:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5952421/Oxford-student-abandons-law-career-star-Instagram.html
Influencer grin grin
At least she dy wia dm dy pay welfare
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by meobizy(f): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
For someone schooling in Oxford I guess she wasn't smart enough to kill two birds with one stone: attain a law degree then become an insta hostar.
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by 21savages: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
She wount try this nonsense in 9ja.
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:20pm On Jul 16, 2018
Taniaa:
wow when me I'm doing everything to sponsor myself to stay school this one is dropping out freely
It’s called privilege my friend. If you have that + dad’s money you can afford to do this. Being light black also helps.
A lot!
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
Having a degree or two or three or even 2 Master’s degrees does not guarantee success in life.
That said
Being in the right country does help
So does having connections.

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
meobizy:
For someone schooling in Oxford I guess she wasn't smart enough to kill two birds with one stone: attain a law degree then become an insta hostar.
And what if she was not happy anymore?
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
21savages:
She wount try this nonsense in 9ja.
So what is is DJ Cuppy doing? It it not the same thing?
Using privilege as a stepping stone?
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by meobizy(f): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
MissRaine69:
And what if she was not happy anymore?
We can't speculate. She has already carried out the action.
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Wale2593(m): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2018
Power of social media

Am a computer science graduate, i stay in Lagos and am in need of job kindly help, this is my number 09075395495
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 7:19pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

She doesn’t know book but she managed to get into one of the most prestigious universities in the world, with decent grades at that if you want to argue nepotism

...how much? smiley

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
MrCork:

...how much? smiley
For?
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Talkwell: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
joshmarcus:
Now I finally understand when people say blondes are dumb

How?

You know If this one Dey pay pass?
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

For?

. Wot do u mean for??......to mate wit u nah... how much will u charge to mate wit u? wink

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
MrCork:

. Wot do u mean for??......to mate wit u nah... how much will u charge to mate wit u? wink
Please I don’t talk to people from Peckham after 5pm, I’m already breaking protocol
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

Please I don’t talk to people from Peckham after 5pm, I’m already breaking protocol

angry

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

...see yor head like carrot. .dont u like sweet tings?.. do u relice u talking to a Londoner? ...if I don't ask how much u will charge. .how am I sopose to no how much u want?..Growwwwwwup u fat girl! ! (Real talk ) angry

3 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:
She comes from a wealthy family and whilst she isn’t taking the traditional route, it’s still a generative career path.

Although I’ll always say, if you’ve started a degree, you may as well finish it, unlesss it’s completely out of your hands

Kylie jenner didn't even go to college and look where she at grin she's already richer than her sisters

If u see an opportunity grab it with both hands. Let me not say who oxford help sha
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2018
MrCork:

...see yor head like carrot. .dont u like sweet tings?.. do u relice u talking to a Londoner? ...if I don't ask how much u will charge. .how am I sopose to no how much u want?..Growwwwwwup u fat girl! ! (Real talk ) angry
Security!

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

Security!

..anyways. .baby am a lover not a fighter ..this is yor shance. . I for give u
.. how much?
smiley

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
jaxxy:

Kylie jenner didn't even go to college and look where she at grin she's already richer than her sisters

If u see an opportunity grab it with both hands. Let me not say who oxford help sha
Lool you can still be successful without a school qualification, but let’s not dismiss the opportunities having one can afford you grin

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

Lool you can still be successful without a school qualification, but let’s not dismiss the opportunities having one can afford you grin

Hahaha u said it all! smiley

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2018
MrCork:

..anyways. .baby am a lover not a fighter ..this is yor shance. . I for give u
.. how much?
smiley
You want to squander your rent money on a few moments of pleasure? Let’s be more sensible with our finances angry

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

Don’t squander your rent money on a few moments of pleasure, let’s be more sensible with our finances angry

. Ibkayee..please can u find nice English name like sharon or Susan. ..yor name sOund ugly...anyways can we realy discuss like adult. ..how much? (Be nice) smiley

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by MrCork: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

You want to squander your rent money on a few moments of pleasure? Let’s be more sensible with our finances angry

..I will pay u up to £13 cash! ! wink

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by pizzylee(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
Small girl, big God
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by ibkayee(f): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2018
MrCork:

. Ibkayee..please can u find nice English name like sharon or Susan. ..yor name sOund ugly...anyways can we realy discuss like adult. ..how much? (Be nice) smiley
MrCork:

..I will pay u up to £13 cash! ! wink
Lmao this guy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Grupo(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2018
PassiveNaira:

You mean she should abandon her law career so that she can slay on instagram.

Social media is here to stay. She is obviously going to make more money as a social media marketer than her colleagues who are practicing law. If you understand how the internet works, you will know there are lots of potentials online.

I know of a naija girl here who has a YouTube channel of 1.4 million subscribers, she just shares beauty tips with women. She also talks about all these bleaching creams and co. Sometimes when I look at what the small girl has achieved, I marvel.

You really need to open up your mind. All those conventional careers no longer pay well now especially if you are the ambitious type who wants serious money and not just "chop money"

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Buffalowings10: 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
She no carry meat jor.

See that thigh gap sad sad
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by shellsea(m): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
thank God she is not Nigerian.
I for talk say na her Village people carry her sense fry AKARA.
Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by Bitchiamjay(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
ibkayee:

just seeing this.. LMBDO cheesy

#YOLO

1 Like

Re: GraceFitUK: Oxford Law Student Abandons Career To Be An Instagram Star (Photos) by doeeyed: 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2018
Buffalowings10:
She no carry meat jor.

See that thigh gap sad sad

My thoughts .

Looked a little too thin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seyi Law Slammed For Joking About Splitting With His Wife (photos) / Annie Idibia Steps Out In Stripe Jumpsuit As She Heads To The Lagos Fiesta / "2019 I Am Not Here To Play" - Bobrisky (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.