Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Quiet Vs Talkative Girls - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Quiet Vs Talkative Girls (17164 Views)

Poll: Which Do You Prefer

Quiet Girls: 56% (64 votes)
Talkative Girls: 43% (50 votes)
This poll has ended

Guys Can You Date A Talkative? / Talkative Vs Bad Cook / Ladies: Who Do You Prefer? Talkative Guys Or Quiet Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by sayso: 8:24am On Jun 15, 2010
I cannot date anymore.I just got one
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by davidif: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2010
TALKATIVE BY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

WHAT CONVERSATION IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE WITH A QUIET GIRL?? QUIET GIRLS NEVER WANT TO OPEN UP SO THERE IS NO POINT DEALING WITH THEM.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by v3: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2010
Talkative Girls
As long as she knows when NOT to talk, i'm good with her.
Quiet Girls
I'm pretty sure i don't have to tell her how to blow my vuvuzela, si?

But TBH, a mix of both won't do no one harm, si?
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by mystikal(m): 10:25am On Jun 15, 2010
A Chatterbox!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by yusuf2(m): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2010
I think it depends on the kind of guy u're, a guy who considers himself as a talkative ideally shld not date a talkative girl, and the other way round. IMHO
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
oyinda.:

depends on the guy's personality.
most quiet guys will go for a more talkative girl
and talkative guys will go fora more quiet girl.

it creates a balance in conversations etc.
As much as i've heard dat, i don't fink its correct. as a sorta quiet guy, i prefer quiet ladies, can't keep up wif a talkative, really.
my gf talks, though not much & she's reserved. so dats fyn.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by U1(m): 1:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
I'm not sure if I can endure a lady who is talkative, the ones that gossip a lot, always on top of goings-on everywhere. The busy body type, Holy Lord, I don't think I can endure it.

But that is not to confuse being sociable with being a talkative; there is a difference. Talkative usually don't have restraint as to what to do or not.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by abbey10(m): 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
I PREFER THE TALKATIVE ONE.
THERE IS NO BETTER SEDATIVE!!!!LOL!!!
WHY? EASY! I GO JUST TUNE OFF FOR A BRIEF PERIOD AND NEXT NA SLEEP!!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by guzon(m): 2:32pm On Jun 15, 2010
A talkative girl will always 'jabo' if you know what i mean wink. As for the quiet once, these are those type that can kill slowly.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
Quiet chics are by far more romantic than their Talkative colleagues. They simply let their body do d talking most of d tyms. . .
from my lil' experience. wink wink
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by spicyhoney(f): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
pine_ed:

Quiet chics are by far more romantic than their Talkative colleagues. They simply let their body do d talking most of d tyms. . .
from my lil' experience. wink wink
Pls tell them!

Faher:

Singing: "You know my style, I say anything to make you smile" cheesy

More smiles! lol.

And for those of you hating on both the talkative and quiet girls, you cant do without us, so there's no need for the insults. tongue
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by wazobiang: 3:59pm On Jun 15, 2010
this is like between the devil and the deep blue sea. talkative being the devil while the deep blue sea is the quiet one. but in any case, whether talkative or quiet, i prefer someone that will talk sense when they talk.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
spicyhoney:

And for those of you hating on both the talkative and quiet girls, you cant do without us, so there's no need for the insults. tongue
sum guy here said he prefers to be Celibate than put up wif a Talkative chic. . lol. won't go dat far, but honey, seriously i really can't stand one myself.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
Lot @ wazobia
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ spiceyhoney
nobody is hating babes wink wink wink
we know most of us cant do without u pple  grin grin

but really, i dunno abt the opposites part, cos im kinda tight-lipped and introverted. i have learnt to present a very agreeable front to the public to blend in, but if u actually take note around me, you will not hear a single thing that really matters, or concerns me in all the gist!!!

and i definitely cannot stand talkatives, not i cant!!!! i wont pay u any attention after like 5 mins of commentary, and i do cherish my quiet. infact i love being alone, at home noone but me, nobody to respond to. HEAVENLY!!!!!

i dont understand how im gonna get married!!!, really wont last a week without running away from the talking!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by spicyhoney(f): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
@pine-ed, the guy is probably lying, all those celibate things don't work especially for guys.

@4llerbuntu, I don't like people that talk too much around me be it guys or girls, I prefer watching them from afar, u know talking to them on the 'hi' basis and listening to them for my own amusement at times. In your own case, for a guy; I don't think its ok to be too quiet like u described urself to be. just try to loosen up a little, no matter how quiet one is; there are some people that when they are around u, they bring out that 'silent noisy' part of u.

But for some posters here claiming not to like girls that talk too much and the ones that are on the average and those that are extremely quiet, i wonder how possible that is.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Tashaluv(f): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2010
I love 'em quiet gals cos [b]WE [/b]are hard 2 predict cool cool
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Faher(m): 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2010
Tashaluv:

I love 'em quiet gals cos [b]WE [/b]are hard 2 predict cool cool

That's because you keep secrets that could be deadly. Who wants a lady that will never let you know how she truly feels?

Singing "18 yrs, 18yrs, and on her 18th birthday, he found out she wasn't his" (Culled from Kanye's Gold digger)
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
spicyhoney:

@pine-ed, the guy is probably lying, all those celibate things don't work especially for guys.

@4llerbuntu
, I don't like people that talk too much around me be it guys or girls, I prefer watching them from afar, u know talking to them on the 'hi' basis and listening to them for my own amusement at times. In your own case, for a guy; I don't think its ok to be too quiet like u described urself to be. just try to loosen up a little, no matter how quiet one is; there are some people that when they are around u, they bring out that 'silent noisy' part of u.

But for some posters here claiming not to like girls that talk too much and the ones that are on the average and those that are extremely quiet, i wonder how possible that is.

dont i know it!!! its kinda funny when i see people who have known me for quite a while and THINK they have me figured only to find out they know squat nowt!! its always so shocking for them they suddenly start looking at me warily from far like ---this fella has to be really crazy!!!
i dont know why people think they know you by association when they dont even know what your thought pattern is, nor have the faintest idea on what constitutes you!!
talk is cheap, it doesnt make the man. live and learn, WATCH and pray (jesus was soooo smart)

its a bit difficult dealing with folks even family, cuz they really cannot understand it. mind i have found that the greatest weapon a person can have is the ability to keep quiet at any event, and in any circumstance!!!
i do talk at times, when i think you are intelligent enough to talk to that is, and have the ability to understand. being a guy makes it easy, when all fails talk about girls, sex, football (as if na that one dey occupy my mind)
people can be so shallow, there are men who actually think about women, sex and football when alone, scary!!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
lolz at kanye lyrics, true that o, i have seen a married man with 5 kids learn he wasnt Mr so and so's son

women!!! i bow oooooo!!!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Tashaluv(f): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
Faher:

That's because you keep secrets that could be deadly. Who wants a lady will never let you know how she truly feels?

Singing "18 yrs, 18yrs, and on her 18th birthday, he found out she wasn't his" (Culled from Kanye's Gold digger)
MANY MEN, MY DEAR
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Greycells(m): 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2010
I like em in-between. Osicllating between quietness and garulousness. grin grin grin grin
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by mbond(m): 7:48pm On Jun 15, 2010
I prefer d quiet type cos those talkertive ones drive me nuts
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by twinkle87(f): 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
hmmmm, am shocked how folks here misinterpret being quiet for being secretive,  they are two different things!, who get secret don get secret! it doesnt have anything to do with being quiet or talkative.

i for one could be quite quiet especially when am in a new environment i try to study those around me b4 i speak. its very funny when people tell my boyfriend ur 'chick is so calm and quiet', he just smiles mischievously cos he knows i just comport myself in the midst of not so familiar people, but i hv no limits with him, infact i need extra batteries if we are in good moods

back to question! HELL to the NO! i cant date a talkative guy! JEEEEZE!!!!! thats punishment! i cant even stand my fellow chick talking up and down, not to talk of a dude! i have one where i am doing my placement, the only antidote to him is silent treatment, they dont just know when to speak and when not to! and most times the only thing that comes out of them is crap! same for the girls sorry babes. whoever said empty barrels make the most sound wasnt joking! they just talk and are not sensitive to their environment!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Faher(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2010
^^^ You're quite correct except for the part where you say[i] "am shocked how folks here misinterpret being quiet for being secretive"[/i]

The truth is women naturally keep big secrets and a very quiet one is likely to keep more than her fair share.
I once had a quiet girlfriend who said she's told me more about herself than anyone else. Whether that was true or not, I still felt as if she was not willing to reveal her real self to me. Why? - because there were a number of issues she still shied away from during the relationship.
Predictably, the relationship did not last long 'cos it was too boring for me as an adventurous guy.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by harakiri(m): 8:32am On Jun 16, 2010
@Post

As far as i am concerned, there is no such thing as a "quiet girl".From my experience, some girls are this way either because they are shy,not comfortable or being cautious.My woman is a classic example.She wasn't much of the talking type when we started out but within a couple of months, she loosened up, became a real "kitten" and today, i sometimes find an excuse to leave the house when the talk talk gets to much for me. . .lol

You just have to make her relax. . .period! ! !
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by anitabest(f): 9:27am On Jun 16, 2010
those quiet ones are very dangerous which i am one of them. they carries all their troubles and problems wit them. you c? the day they will remember you, also God can save u.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 16, 2010
anitabest:

those quiet ones are very dangerous which i am one of them. they carries all their troubles and problems wit them. you c? the day they will remember you, also God can save u.
It's not dat they r dangerous, d truth is its just d way they're created. they tend not 2 pour out their feelings immediately. it builds overtime. it equally happens 2 quiet guys also, myself sumtyms. Just like d diff temperaments - Sanguine, Melancholy, Choleric & Phlegmatic.
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by Faher(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2010
harakiri:

As far as i am concerned, there is no such thing as a "quiet girl".From my experience, some girls are this way either because they are shy,not comfortable or being cautious

Let's clap for you since you've met every single girl in this world and can therefore make a broad generalization.

smdh, you never jam cheesy
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by kay0195: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2010
those quiet ones are very dangerous

Maybe you should have better said some quiet ones are very dangerous. Some statements are'nt just meant to be generalized. undecided
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by lexandra(f): 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2010
Gentle and reserved!
Re: Quiet Vs Talkative Girls by candylips(m): 1:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Celebrate Val When Your Lover Is Not Around / A True Life Internet Love Story: Pls check story for daily updates. / What Song Would You Request At Your Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.