Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? (23666 Views)

Which Of These Business Should He Invest In With 600k Budget? / Building A House Or Starting A Farm / I Need Good Business Idea I Can Start With 600k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by fotadmowmend(m): 11:00am On Jul 19, 2018
Benblaq:
Use the money play 2odds in bet9ja and watch your money doubling.

Then use 600k to buy a land

Use the other 600k start a loaning business which will be refunded with interest.

Sense will not kill me
grin grin
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Dollabiz: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Oh
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by soxhixco: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2018
Bro I will advice you buy a piece of land.... You'll reap that in the nearest future... I'm telling you this cos I'm a surveyor

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by BecomeALandLord(m): 11:15am On Jul 19, 2018
Buy land.
It appreciates like wildfire especially at choice locations.

Business is good but investing in real estate is the best investment ever.
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by spyglaxx: 11:15am On Jul 19, 2018
emmachukwu99:

Pls what area are you skilled on? I want to learn a viable skill.

First I discovered what I have a flare for and that is computer and hardware. I learnt many IT skills, now am creating a concentric business circle around it. From photocopy , printing and designs, blockchain , computer school, solar installation and dish installation. My wife is creating her own circle too and everything will revolve around what computer can do to make money. Give yourself time, discipline yourself , and have a rigid roadmap for your life.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:
I have 600k I intend buying a land, but I was thinking of starting a business which I am yet to fathom out the kind of business... Which will pay off in the long run? Please advice
I'd advise you start a business first. I wish I had that kind of money when I started my business wink. I didn't even have 400k in my account that time. There is a serious glut in the property market in Nigeria today. You don't want to wait till eternity until the land you're buying appreciates. Do a feasibility study and market survey of the kind of business you intend to enter into. The mistake Nigerian youths make is that, they buy houses and land the moment they have some change in hand. Even though I had money to buy a whole building when I moved my business to a certain level, I still had to plough all I made back into my business and expanded it. The proceeds on my business was what I used to build my first house. Those colleagues of mine who jumped at building houses and buying lands with their little income that was supposed to be their starting Capital are now regretting it because they can only look those houses in the face. Unfortunately, the house can't vomit the money needed to run their day to day activities . Look for what would sell in automobile industry, telecomms industry, oil and gas industry, healthcare industry, entertainment industry, IT industry, hospitality industry. I know of a guy who used to sell liquid soap to some hotels which they used to wash plates and stuffs. Now, he's a big boy and he started with less than 400k. Agric industry is another good area. I visited a place called Arena in oshodi recently and met some Nigerian ever-busy youths squeezing fruits into sealed bottles and selling it for 200 naira. People throng their kiosk to buy. They'd mix orange juice with pineapple or watermelon juice , all for just 200 naira. Good luck to you

6 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by elinocute: 11:17am On Jul 19, 2018
invest into Ren money (loan app) Earn monthly
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 19, 2018
Guy go for the land.
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by yemabolly: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2018
oga, you have all the options here at stake, if you buy land and you don't have any structure on it then it is a big risk, at the same time if you don't have any money on you after buying and building, pls i am sorry to say this, the land may be sold back before it is appreciated, but you can look for a Pieces of land where it is very cheap and buy so that you can have some money with you but it may only take time to appreciate. On the aspect of doing business if you don't have knowledge of a particular business, and you venture into it, then the risk is higher, but what I will advice you to do is keep the money and think of what best to do. if you will considered an haulage business that will not give u an headache nor affect your usual activities then I can put you through or any body here that is interested send me a message @ global.marks@yahoo.com

God will bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Yeecar(m): 11:27am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:
I have 600k I intend buying a land, but I was thinking of starting a business which I am yet to fathom out the kind of business... Which will pay off in the long run? Please advice

https://www.nairaland.com/2113936/edible-mushroom-cultivation-spawn-production
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by jeff1607(m): 11:30am On Jul 19, 2018
Olatoman:
Hi brother.

If the land is in a good location(present/future), you can possibly buy it.
But if it isn't, I'll advise you shouldn't.

If you also a Salary earner and still lost in your choices, you can set aside the Money say for one month plus in FBNQUEST Money Market Fund and reinvest whatever Monthly Proceeds it generates while you top it up frequently (say monthly).

When you have decided on what business to venture into, or where to buy the Land, you can simply withdraw your Money.

Bless.

could you explain this fbnquest Mooney market fund? kinda interested
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Heartbender: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
You can buy land for as low as 70k per acre and either start a farming business or any business at all
Goodplace:

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2018
business sometimes doesn't boom fast,sometimes fail. Land will forever appreciate.
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by shereef19: 11:40am On Jul 19, 2018
To my own view biz will better 1 remember shina Peter and zenith bank...2 no d type of biz u wanna.... 3 prayer is very important in all our doings
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by ashjay001(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:

Buy d land, pls! And start construction(commercial housing).

Unless u av prior experience in biz or u av a very trusted acquittance to run it.
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by James4bright(m): 11:47am On Jul 19, 2018
The risk involved in a business is far higher, you might also be at a risk of losing it all. Preferably invest on a land, the worth gets higher with time. You can venture into different sections of agricultural produce. Exportation is the real deal now.
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by HoodBillionaire: 11:47am On Jul 19, 2018
buy a laptop..130k
iphone..200k
smile sub 1year. 100k.
bal:270k

bomb craigslist from mon to sun...
by nexr week fri.one client go lari moh
pay u 9000$

Thank me later.
9000$× 8months

2 Likes

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by SkyUrch(m): 11:52am On Jul 19, 2018
What kinda business idea you got bro..
I may be interested
Meedass:
Bro start a business, don't buy a land.. there are some business ideas I would like you to try# email me on v.muffler81@gamil.com
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by omojeesu(m): 11:54am On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:

Multilevel Network marketing again and again and again!!!

Check out: max.com/585305
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by justkay: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2018
awelekiti:
I'd advise you start a business first. I wish I had that kind of money when I started my business wink. I didn't even have 400k in my account that time. There is a serious glut in the property market in Nigeria today. You don't want to wait till eternity until the land you're buying appreciates. Do a feasibility study and market survey of the kind of business you intend to enter into. The mistake Nigerian youths make is that, they buy houses and land the moment they have some change in hand. Even though I had money to buy a whole building when I moved my business to a certain level, I still had to plough all I made back into my business and expanded it. The proceeds on my business was what I used to build my first house. Those colleagues of mine who jumped at building houses and buying lands with their little income that was supposed to be their starting Capital are now regretting it because they can only looking those houses in the face. Unfortunately, the house can't vomit the money needed to run their day to day activities . Look for what would sell in automobile industry, telecomms industry, oil and gas industry, healthcare industry, entertainment industry, IT industry, hospitality industry. I know of a guy who used to sell liquid soap to some hotels which they used to wash plates and stuffs. Now, he's a big boy and he started with less than 400k. Agric industry is another good area. I visited a place called Arena in oshodi recently and met some Nigerian ever-busy youths squeezing fruits into sealed bottles and selling it for 200 naira. People throng their kiosk to buy. They'd mix orange juice with pineapple or watermelon juice , all aural for just 200 naira. Good luck to you

We need more people like you on nairaland!
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by djon78(m): 11:56am On Jul 19, 2018
Talking from experience; please buy land. I had opportunity like this quite some years ago. I pumped millions into a business that went down the drain. While my brother in law bought some lands with less than half a million that same period, in fact we were offered the same area to buy lands.

Two years later he sold one of the plots(he bought 2 plots) for almost 3 million. With the money I had then I would have bought up to 10 plots.

Business is very risky in Nigeria, most especially if you are new. You must definitely loose money!! It is part of the learning curve.
The money I lost was a learning curve though. It was there I learnt a lot of lessons concerning doing business in Nigeria.

The lesson I learnt am using to develop my companies. I am wiser, smarter, very detailed and monitor my accounting very well.

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 19, 2018
automatix:
land value will only appreciate if the location is good enough. I was given a land by my elder sister and I don't think I want to build a house there any time soon. I will likely buy a house in my current location than go build there.
who ask you
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by mikeayus(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
Please give more info about this, which areas can i get this?

Heartbender:
You can buy land for as low as 70k per acre and either start a farming business or any business at all
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by jetroolowole(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
I will advise you join our RankTribe Bootcamp. You can recover your investment in few months and go back to invest in real estate plus you have opportunity to earn lifetime passive income.

Read more about the program at http://mlmdeals.ng/ranktribe/
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by gift01: 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
buy a laptop..130k iphone..200k smile sub 1year. 100k. 430k bal:270k
bomb craigslist from mon to sun... by nexr week fri.one client go lari moh pay u 9000$
Thank me later. 9000$× 8months
explain more
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Heartbender: 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Call me let's talk. Check my signature
mikeayus:
Please give more info about this, which areas can i get this?

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by fablani(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Goodplace:

start up a business if you don't have work.
call me on this number 07032616910 for a business idea in case you want to start one
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Grupo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
yemabolly:
oga, you have all the options here at stake, if you buy land and you don't have any structure on it then it is a big risk, at the same time if you don't have any money on you after buying and building, pls i am sorry to say this, the land may be sold back before it is appreciated, but you can look for a Pieces of land where it is very cheap and buy so that you can have some money with you but it may only take time to appreciate. On the aspect of doing business if you don't have knowledge of a particular business, and you venture into it, then the risk is higher, but what I will advice you to do is keep the money and think of what best to do. if you will considered an haulage business that will not give u an headache nor affect your usual activities then I can put you through or any body here that is interested send me a message @ global.marks@yahoo.com

God will bless us all.

Haulage business with 600k oga? Fear God na!
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Leo10000(m): 12:08pm On Jul 19, 2018
Philipmems:
I would suggest going into business. The Agricultural sector in Nigeria is a honey pot waiting to be exploited. I remember when I had some careless 300k back in 2012, I invested in fish farming (catfish) in my backyard . I had 3 artificial ponds, I made good money from that venture which lasted for 3 years. Land is good when thinking long term but a well planned business is better, you can grow and nuture it into a multi-million naira industry.

SO Y DID U STOP D FISH POND,MIND SHARING LITES ON IT
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 19, 2018
I advice you go for land and here are my reasons.
1) 600k is not much money to start up a good business most especially this period of time when you don't even have or know the kind of business to go into yet.
2) Last year I bought a land measuring 100x100 ft 600k somewhere in Edo State, should you give me 600k for half 50x100 ft I'm not gonna sell cos it already worth more than that.
3) You don't have guarantee if the business will be profitable or not but land you have 99% that you will get double of that money in less than a year.
To me will advice you get plot of land and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by YouareaBITCH(f): 12:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
I need advice too, I have 1 million should i invest into bus for hire purchase of 1.8 after one year and 6 months or should i buy a land??
Advice needed as fast as possible pls
Re: Buying A Land With 600k Or Starting A Business? by Sylver247: 12:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
Please where did you see land for 600k??
I am interested to know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Refuelling Generator Sets Shops Attached To Palace Ablaze In Lagos (photos) / ‘I Kiss My Husband Everyday’ – Folorunsho Alakija / A Nairalander Gifts Her Customers Xmas Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.