Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! (4360 Views)

No Nigeria Armed Forces Officer Has Attain The Rank Of Field Marshal / No GEJ, No Nigeria - Ohanaeze Youths Warns Boko Haram / Ondo State: Nigeria Oil Producing State, NO Nigeria project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by AloyEmeka5: 6:32am On Jun 15, 2010
ziga:

Most times, i'm a very rational person, so i'm am asking how the absence of a Nigeria section on craiglist will help prevent Nigerian fraudsters from getting on craiglist.

I hope i can get a rational explanation.

It wouldn't but in the same vein, the absence of Nigeria means that Nigerians cannot advertise their local services which will be fraudulent most of the times anyway thereby availing foreigners the opportunity of being defrauded.

Craigslist is shielding their image. Imagine if Nigeria is there, can you truthfully tell us the percentage of non fraudulent advertising you will find there?. Use Nairalist as a case study.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2010
Craigslist known for fraud? How much more sentimentally dishonest can one not get with that ? The main idea behind the craigslist model is linking sellers with buyers, no actual transmission of cash or any other forms of payment directly via craigslist and now some people come in here to tell us of what they probably have no clue of?

For those who have no clue what craigslist is and are unwilling to ask , craigslist is an ad/classifieds site similar to the classifieds you have in your newspapers and magazines. Someone advertises a service or good, you decide if you want to contact that seller or not. Once you contact the seller, you are OFF craigslist. What happens next is between you and the seller and not a craigslist issue.

Say you need to buy a chair, you go on craigslist and search for the particular chair. If you find someone advertising the chair, you can choose to contact and arrange form of payment and pickup DIRECTLY with the person. Simple!~
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Beaf: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Craigslist known for fraud? How much more sentimentally dishonest can one not get with that ? The main idea behind the craigslist model is linking sellers with buyers, no actual transmission of cash or any other forms of payment directly via craigslist and now some people come in here to tell us of what they probably have no clue of?

For those who have no clue what craigslist is and are unwilling to ask , craigslist is an ad/classifieds site similar to the classifieds you have in your newspapers and magazines. Someone advertises a service or good, you decide if you want to contact that seller or not. Once you contact the seller, you are OFF craigslist. What happens next is between you and the seller and not a craigslist issue.

Say you need to buy a chair, you go on craigslist and search for the particular chair. If you find someone advertising the chair, you can choose to contact and arrange form of payment and pickup DIRECTLY with the person. Simple!~

Its better to quote me, than look like a coward who can only snipe from afar.
Since you are addressing me, either quote me or go "@Beaf" or something. Cowardly sniping is irritating and childish; it usually means, you don't have a clue of what you are saying.

Here's a simple google search for honest people, sorted by date (between yesterday and the time of posting, there were 9 fraud reports that made it into the news); http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=craigslist+fraud&hl=en&tbo=1&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&tbs=nws:1,sbd:1&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=JZEXTLzMC4L__Abrt8D7Cw&ved=0CBQQpwU
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by AloyEmeka5: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2010
Beaf:

Its better to quote me, than look like a coward who can only snipe from afar.
Since you are addressing me, either quote me or go "@Beaf" or something. Cowardly sniping is irritating and childish; it usually means, you don't have a clue of what you are saying.

Here's a simple google search for honest people, sorted by date (between yesterday and the time of posting, there were 9 fraud reports that made it into the news); http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=craigslist+fraud&hl=en&tbo=1&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&tbs=nws:1,sbd:1&source=lnt&sa=X&ei=JZEXTLzMC4L__Abrt8D7Cw&ved=0CBQQpwU

How many of the 9 are Nigerians operating from the outside?

Nemesis catches up with thieving Dubai trader

Ademola Oni

A 30-year-old man, Adeola Adeyemi, is now chatting with operatives of the State Criminal Investigation Department of the Ogun State Police Command in connection with three luxury vehicles found in his possession in Magada area of Ibafo, Obafemi-Owode Local Government of the state.

Adeyemi, who claimed to have completed a National Diploma programme in Electrical/Electronic Engineering at the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, in 2005, told our correspondent in Abeokuta on Monday that he had already stopped participating in car theft to start buying and selling of goods from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

"I already made up my mind to leave this thing (car theft). I gathered a little money and I have started going to Dubai to buy things - clothes, shoes, bags and other items. I just came back from Dubai and this one (arrest) came. Well, we shall see what happens," he said with a sarcastic smile.

The suspect explained that he took to stealing cars in company with friends Taju and Wahab, who were said to be at large, "because I couldn't get a job despite all the efforts that I made."

Adeyemi was said to have been caught with a Honda CRV, Toyota Sienna and a Honda car by policemen following a tip-off by residents of the community, who had noticed the presence of the vehicles and the suspicious movement of the suspect.

He claimed that he only helped someone to drive the vehicles, saying that the fleeing Wahab was in charge of the Master Key with which the victims' vehicles were stolen while Wahab equally disposed off the car.

"I don't have the key; it was Wahab that had the Master Key. He is also the one that sells the vehicles. My own duty was to drive the vehicles. We couldn't sell the vehicles because the engines of the Sienna and CRV were already damaged," he said.

Adeyemi added that he wouldn't have been caught but for accepting to help Wahab to 'settle' security operatives, who had already arrested the latter's wife in connection with the robbery case.

"We were at a hotel in Ibadan when Wahab received a call that his wife had been arrested. So, he gave me N20,000 to give to his father-in-law who would help to settle police and free the lady (Wahab's wife). When I wanted to deliver the money to the father-in-law in Gbagada, Lagos, I did not know that police men were already there. That was how I was arrested," said the suspect, who did not know the name of Wahab's wife.

The State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Musa Daura, said the suspect, along with several others arrested by the police in recent times, would soon appear in court.
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/15/803.html
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by AloyEmeka5: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
[size=14pt]Ekiti uncovers 2,242 workers with forged certificates[/size]

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Ekiti government has discovered 2,242 workers, who gained employment into its civil service with forged certificates or falsified ages, an official said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/15/607.html

Mr Bunmi Famosaya, the chairman of the state Civil Service Certificates Verification Committee, made the information known in Ado-Ekiti on Monday, while submitting the committee's report to the chairman of the state Civil Service Commission, Chief Kunle Ogunlade.

Famosaya, who is also the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance, said the government constituted the committee last year following irregularities discovered in the payment of salaries in the state public service.

The report, which was made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), affects civil servants, secondary school teachers and health workers between GL 02 and GL 14.

The report stated that 242 workers were found to have forged their certificates while 2,000 others falsified their ages.

"Consequently, the appointments of 122 workers from the core civil service were terminated last week by the state Civil Service Commission, while 90 teachers and 30 health workers also had their appointments terminated over allegations of certificate forgery."

The report urged the government to apply necessary penalties in accordance with civil service rules in respect of the 2,000 workers involved in the forgery.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Beaf: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

How many of the 9 are Nigerians operating from the outside?

I very much doubt that any of the cases involves a Nigeria. In fact, I will be shocked to learn that the 9 had anything to do with Nigeria.
Craigslist on its own, has a strongly criminal aura and doesn't need to imply that Nigeria is more corrupt than themselves by omission.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
So, a site that sees Millions come on daily, 9 cases means the Site is KNOWN FOR FRAUD? RFOLMAO!!! What else? Are all email known for fraud as well since fraudsters send millions, if not billions of emails everything? Matter of fact we ought to add banks, and most every business out there to that list. While we are at it, we should add NewsPapers that feature classifieds on the lists since some of those ads are fraudulent ads placed by silly people. Nigeria, CELEBRATE!  grin
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Beaf: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So, a site that sees Millions come on daily, 9 cases means the Site is KNOWN FOR FRAUD? RFOLMAO!!! What else? Are all email known for fraud as well since fraudsters send millions, if not billions of emails everything? Matter of fact we ought to add banks, and most every business out there to that list. While we are at it, we should add NewsPapers that feature classifieds on the lists since some of those ads are fraudulent ads placed by silly people. Nigeria, CELEBRATE!  grin

The bolded is a gem in the murk and junk above.

There is a simple, common sense way to run the comparison. Search google for news on Nigeria for the same period and see if you can come up with a comparable number of money frauds. In fact you will be lucky to find more than one case in the news on the average day, yet Nigeria is a country; not just any country. but the 8th most populated in the World with 150 million people.

If 9 fraud stories in one day is not alarming, I wonder what is.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 1:13am On Jun 16, 2010
OH PuhLeeeeeaaaaseeeeeee!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Beaf: 1:42am On Jun 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

OH PuhLeeeeeaaaaseeeeeee!!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Yeah? A comparative search is too close to reality, I presume. cool
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Jun 16, 2010
If believing that makes you jollier with your excuse for reasoning there, I am good! grin
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by hatch: 4:07am On Jun 16, 2010
Craig List is associated with fraud and no matter how much you try to defend it will hide the fact that it has its own fair share of scam soldiers patronizing it.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by dustydee: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2010
The argument that nairalist is not international is lame and feeble.Craiglist didnt become international in a day, it took time so watchout for nairalist.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Uwadiegwu1: 4:22pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hello Guys,

Good News. I just found out that Craigslist is coming to the whole Africa including Nigeria. Yahooooooooo

Looking out for Craigslist.com.ng

I am so excited so that we can deal locally and catch the ladies (exotic) fast.

Wow
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by Ellasure: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2021
Bye to Nigeria or bye bye to Yoruba people. I learnt in a history class that there was a tribe one hundred years ago that there was a tribe called Yoruba people whose land are now rule by Fulani people after a war .

Chief Awolowo, Lam Adesina, Bolla Ige will be turning in their graves today because the replacement politicians like, iObasanjo, Bola Tinubu, and obas like alafin, Oni could not raise a voice of objections to the Fulani infiltration into Yoruba land in 2021. Instead they have installed Fulani seriki all over Yoruba land. History will definitely not be kind to those who fought to be recognised and gained recognition but can not be found in battlefields.

Local champion they are.

Iba Gani Adams and Chief Sunday igboho must be encouraged and strengthen for the Yoruba challenges ahead. Some mistakes has been made in the recent past.
Re: Ghana Listed On Craigslist, No Nigeria! by kolaaderin: 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2021
AloyEmeka5:

Arrogance is one of our major problems in Nigeria. We may not need a Craigslist but our exclusion from it is an indication of a problem with our country.
there is no issue, you only want to find one where there is non just to rant again and again. Many countries are not also listed on Craigslist. Even in Europe so what is the fuss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Igbos Flee Borno / The Main Reason For The Emergence Of Boko-haram / Separation Of Church And State: Do You Support It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.