Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

The Trinity And Identity Of God - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity And Identity Of God (11686 Views)

Real Identity Of 3 Wise Men Who Visited Jesus' Birthplace Revealed By Expert / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Well done, as comprehensive as this is, they will come and tell you that Jesus is Yahweh the father but in trinity Jesus is separate from the Father as well as the holy spirit. What a confuse doctrine. Smh!

Let's hear your doctrine then...

Who is Jesus?
Was he created?

If yes,
Was he created like the other angels or was he different from them?
Did he help God in the creation of other creations?
In John 1:3, It was said that ALL THINGS were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made (remember the Bible said ALL THINGS) .
Did the ALL THINGS included Himself (since you said he was created) or did the creation of the ALL THINGS started after he was created?
Explain
John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

No truth in you.

Shalom!
I have given you proof; I have reasoned with you from scriptures ; but your own myopic view won't let you see beyond your own theory . So there is not left to say . Shalom
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

use scriptures to explain scriptures.

John 20:27-28;
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Thomas clearly called Jesus God. (G in uppercase) and he wasn't rebuked by Jesus but rather Jesus replied in verse 29, because you've seen you believe. Blesses is he who believe without seeing.
Jesus would have corrected him, if He wasn't God

Definite answer(s) please
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:
I am sure that even if Christ had said "I am Yahweh Himself and Yahweh is me and I mean this literarily and not figuratively" most of us here still won't have been able to understand what he's saying.

The sin of man really did blinded man from seeing or knowing God, that even when he came to us in flesh we still cannot recognize him.
Either that or it is English language that have problem with us..

upon all the sayings in the scriptures;
1.... the word was with God, and the word was God.
2.. I and the father are one.
3... if you see me you've seen the Father.
4... Christ the image of God.
5... By him and through him the world was created.
6... His name shall be called immanuel, translating God with us.
7... His name shall be called wonderful.... Mighty God (uppercase G), everlasting Father (Isa 9:6)
8.... Before Me there was no God formed , Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.” Isaiah 43:10,11
9... To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.
10...Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by Himself alone)
John 1:3 ; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things).
11.... therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God (even the Jews understood what he meant by Son of God. John 5:17,18
12... He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. John 5:23.
13.... “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.” John 8:24.

I'd like you all to read John 8:24 from any translation you like..

Hope somebody will not say I jumped verses..

Why isn't anything said about this?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 4:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

I gave you my answer with clear explanation but you asked for definite answer. And I also provided but you on the other hand is replying with indefinite answers if I may ask.

Jesus and God the father are one in what sense here?

Your answer will show how your trinity doctrine makes you speak from both sides of your mouth.

Does Jesus have a God?
Did Jesus prayed to and worshipped God?
Is Jesus equal to the Father he prayed to?
Is the Father he prayed to Greater than Jesus?

Please I need definite answer as well.

Pardon me but your questions cannot be answered with definite answers

Nevertheless I'll answer them still.

Before I begin, I'll like to say that I prefer to use the word Godhead instead of trinity. It's my preference.

Jesus is the second person in the Godhead who became flesh and dwelt among us ( John 1:1 , 14 ). Therefore, Jesus has two distinct natures. He is both God and man. As a man, it was necessary that he be born of a woman and therefore born under the Law ( Galatians 4:4 ). Since he was under the Law, he was obligated to love God and worship Him. It says in
Deuteronomy 6:5 that we are to love the Lord our God, and in Deuteronomy 6:13 we are told, "You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name." So, Jesus had to obey the Law, and he had to worship God the Father. Therefore, we see that Jesus was a man who had to fulfill the law, which included worshiping God. But, because he is also the Son then he is the Son by relation to the Father. Now we can understand why the text would say "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15:6 , "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ."
1 Peter 1:3 , "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
So when we see the phrase "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," we can now understand that it's speaking of the Godhead and how Jesus, God in flesh, who was a man required to keep the Law, would have someone he would call God, someone he would worship and someone he would pray to according to Deuteronomy 6:13 , who would be considered the God and Father of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing

I am sure that even if Christ had said "I am Yahweh Himself and Yahweh is me and I mean this literarily and not figuratively" most of us here still won't have been able to understand what he's saying.

Yes and most of us here will still say he is 3 = 1

The sin of man really did blinded man from seeing or knowing God, that even when he came to us in flesh we still cannot recognize him.
Either that or it is English language that have problem with us..

Man made doctrine led us all to this point

upon all the sayings in the scriptures;
1.... the word was with God, and the word was God.

The word was with God (the father),and the Word was God(as well).

2.. I and the father are one.

Just as we all are one body in Christ Jesus.

3... if you see me you've seen the Father.

Still does not say "I Jesus I am the father"

4... Christ the image of God.

Image ,meaning the real thing is also there

5... By him and through him the world was created.

"By" "through", meaning there is still the original or main source.

6... His name shall be called immanuel, translating God with us.

Yes in the person of Christ.

7... His name shall be called wonderful.... Mighty God (uppercase G), everlasting Father (Isa 9:6)

Mighty God not Almighty God (for the record G or g does not make the word "God" have any greater or lesser meaning than what it means) don't confuse yourself with English, there was no uppercase or lowercase in the manuscripts. I already explained this using the word "Teacher" or "teacher" as an example.

8.... Before Me there was no God formed , Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.” Isaiah 43:10,11

But trinity made him into 3 in 1

9... To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Also you can use "through" which the father has redeemed mankind back to himself.

10...Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by Himself alone)
John 1:3 ; Colossians 1:16 - (Jesus made all things).

There is still another behind the making he is no other than the father wink

11.... therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God (even the Jews understood what he meant by Son of God. John 5:17,18

The question remains did Jesus made Himself equal to God his father?

12... He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. John 5:23.

'This authority have I received from my father' yes.. if you do not honour the servant sent by a king you do not honour the King himself.

13.... “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.” John 8:24.

"He" the anointed one, the messiah that is HE whom moses wrote about

I'd like you all to read John 8:24 from any translation you like..

Reading from verse 1 of that chapter 8 to the end will be better.

Hope somebody will not say I jumped verses..

But you where once guilty of that earlier. For a selfish reason may be.

There is but one truth tell it like it is.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

you answered yourself in Matthew 26:64.
Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Yes actually I am looking for any version that also made use of "authority" apart from "power" and other words.

That was why I asked...only two verses from kjv used power.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin, stop taking the right hand of God literal. The season being that the Father is not a physical entity but a Spirit.

The Father is fully embodied in Jesus Christ through whom He created the material world.

Jesus knew this that why He could boldly declare that, "if you have seen Me you have seen the Father."

This is also the destiny of believers. To be filled with all that God is.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not speak Greek , and I know you do not speak Greek either, but you are holding onto the opinion of another who did not read the scriptures throughly before he started giving his own twisted interpretation of what he feels should be the right thing , but here is where he messed up big time. Isaiah 9:6 was written in Hebrew and it says " For unto us a Child is born ,unto us a Son is given ; And the government will be upon His shoulders . And His name will be called Wonder, Counselor , Mighty God , Everlasting Father , Prince of Peace ." Now my question to you is this : Jesus was always talking of His Father . Now why would Isaiah tagged Jesus as the Everlasting Father ? Why? Or do the scriptures(Bible) speak of two Fathers'? Reply

Who told U "it is the opinion of another who did not read the scriptures thoroughly" or "his twisted interpretation ? " Are U so daft?

Remove "a" from Acts 28:6 , 12:22, is apostle Paul God? Also,remove "a" from Acts 12:22, is king Herod God?
Both verses share the same Greek grammar with John 1:1 & in all of them ,the Greek manuscript "god" is lowercase, na the twisting & distortion of "god" to "God" in John 1:1c na the lie lie be una John 1:1.
The son of Lion is not Lion but a Lion. Therefore, the son of God is not God but a "god". Ps 82:6.

"For unto us a child is born.... a son is given". My question for Shelumiel, who gave the son /child born to us ? Who made him "Prince of Peace", Mighty God, Everlasting Father" in Isaiah 9:6?

Nairalanders, desire your answer to this question: Does Godfather in any context refer to God ALMIGHTY?

Jesus is our "Everlasting father" because he is the last Adam (also called the "second Adam) who redeemed us & gave us resurrection/ everlasting life. John 5:24-29. 1Cor 15:44-47.

The first Adam, our forefather (Father of mankind),gave us life in the Garden of Eden but lost it( Roman 5:12) but our " last Adam" & "Everlasting father" has restored everlasting life back. to us again thru his sacrifice for our sins. John 3:16.

Your brain go fit catch this gospel truth?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

The book of revelations is too lengthy in to explain. most times thrones was used figuratively in the Bible to signify authority.

I said most times not all the time.
king David throne throne in the Bible meant a literal throne..

Remember this king David's literal throne is meant to be forever inheritance of Christ.

Here are bible verses for reference
1 Chronicles 17:10-14
Luke 1:32-33
Isaiah 2:1-4
Isaiah 9:6-7
Isaiah 11:1-10
Isaiah 16:5
Isaiah 40:1-11
Isaiah 52:7-15
Jeremiah 23:5-6
Jeremiah 33:17-26
Daniel 2:44
Daniel 7:27
Micah 4:1-5
Micah 5:2-5
Zechariah 9:9

My question now is in revelations

Two thrones were mentioned
That of God and that of the lamb..none for the holy spirit. How do we add this up as well to arrive at this very trinity doctrine

Revelation 7:10
And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Revelation 11:15
…“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord [God] and of his Christ [Jesus], and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Revelation 22:1
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 5:13
…“To him who sits on the throne [God] and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”

I feel something is missing out in this triniterian teaching that makes it unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 6:41pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Who told U "it is the opinion of another who did not read the scriptures thoroughly" or "his twisted interpretation ? " Are U so daft?

Remove "a" from Acts 28:6 , 12:22, is apostle Paul God? Also,remove "a" from Acts 12:22, is king Herod God?
Both verses share the same Greek grammar with John 1:1 & in all of them ,the Greek manuscript "god" is lowercase, na the twisting & distortion of "god" to "God" in John 1:1c na the lie lie be una John 1:1.
The son of Lion is not Lion but a Lion. Therefore, the son of God is not God but a "god". Ps 82:6.

"For unto us a child is born.... a son is given". My question for Shelumiel, who gave the son /child born to us ? Who made him "Prince of Peace", Mighty God, Everlasting Father" in Isaiah 9:6?

Nairalanders, desire your answer to this question: Does Godfather in any context refer to God ALMIGHTY?

Jesus is our "Everlasting father" because he is the last Adam (also called the "second Adam) who redeemed us & gave us resurrection/ everlasting life. John 5:24-29. 1Cor 15:44-47.

The first Adam, our forefather (Father of mankind),gave us life in the Garden of Eden but lost it( Roman 5:12) but our " last Adam" & "Everlasting father" has restored everlasting life back. to us again thru his sacrifice for our sins. John 3:16.

So we have two Fathers' right ? Please answer .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Hahaha...please quote the bible passage in the new testament that says or refers directly to " JESUS AS OUR EVERLASTING FATHER ". Reply
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
I do not speak Greek , and I know you do not speak Greek either, but you are holding onto the opinion of another who did not read the scriptures throughly before he started giving his own twisted interpretation of what he feels should be the right thing , but here is where he messed up big time. Isaiah 9:6 was written in Hebrew and it says " For unto us a Child is born ,unto us a Son is given ; And the government will be upon His shoulders . And His name will be called Wonder, Counselor , Mighty God , Everlasting Father , Prince of Peace ." Now my question to you is this : Jesus was always talking of His Father . Now why would Isaiah tagged Jesus as the Everlasting Father ? Why? Or do the scriptures(Bible) speak of two Fathers'? Reply

Why are U so daft ?Who told U its " the opinion of those who did not read the Scriptures thoroughly" or his own twisted interpretation"? Greek linguists /Bible scholars have shared the result of their research about Koine Greek, U are here making idiotic ,disparaging comments borne out of arrogance & denial.

John 1:1,Acts28:6, Acts 12:22 all have the same Greek grammar similarity ,therefore, all would read "a god" .

When U saw those 13 Bible translations cited there (john1:1 wikipedia) where John 1:1 read "a god " your heart refused to believe what your eyes have seen. That's how far U have deceived yourself & mortgage the truth.

In your own words Isaiah 9:6 was written in Hebrew" For unto us a child is born,unto us a son is given"

Schelumiel, who gave the child born unto us? Who gave the son give unto us?

U dey hang on to "Everlasting father", who made him "Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Wonderful Counselor ? Who gave him "the government upon his shoulder?

Does the phrase "Godfather" mean the ALMIGHTY God?

Adam is our forefather (father of the human race) who gave us life but later lost it (Romans 5:12, 3:23). but the Last Adam ( also called 2nd Adam) paid the ransom sacrifice & restored everlasting life back to us.( 1 Cor 15:45-47. John 5:24-30. Roman 6:23 )

Will your pride allow U to receive & digest this gospel truth?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing

use scriptures to explain scriptures.

If only you have been letting scripture to explain itself. This would have been a lot easier

John 20:27-28;
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”
Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Thomas clearly called Jesus God. (G in uppercase) and he wasn't rebuked by Jesus but rather Jesus replied in verse 29, because you've seen you believe. Blesses is he who believe without seeing.
Jesus would have corrected him, if He wasn't God

This is laughable, like seriously.
OK yes! Thomas clearly called Jesus my Lord and my God

Cause if you use scriptures to explain scriptures you will see that it's no contradictions either.

But this Jesus that was called "my Lord and my God" does he have a God and Lord above him that he also worship?

Definite answer please
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Let's hear your doctrine then...

Who is Jesus?
Was he created?

If yes,
Was he created like the other angels or was he different from them?
Did he help God in the creation of other creations?
In John 1:3, It was said that ALL THINGS were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made (remember the Bible said ALL THINGS) .
Did the ALL THINGS included Himself (since you said he was created) or did the creation of the ALL THINGS started after he was created?
Explain
John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.

Hmmm, you some how don't see my questions but want yours to be answered.

cheesy
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 7:46pm On Jul 24, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Pardon me but your questions cannot be answered with definite answers

Nevertheless I'll answer them still.

Before I begin, I'll like to say that I prefer to use the word Godhead instead of trinity. It's my preference.

Jesus is the second person in the Godhead who became flesh and dwelt among us ( John 1:1 , 14 ). Therefore, Jesus has two distinct natures. He is both God and man. As a man, it was necessary that he be born of a woman and therefore born under the Law ( Galatians 4:4 ). Since he was under the Law, he was obligated to love God and worship Him. It says in
Deuteronomy 6:5 that we are to love the Lord our God, and in Deuteronomy 6:13 we are told, "You shall fear only the Lord your God; and you shall worship Him, and swear by His name." So, Jesus had to obey the Law, and he had to worship God the Father. Therefore, we see that Jesus was a man who had to fulfill the law, which included worshiping God. But, because he is also the Son then he is the Son by relation to the Father. Now we can understand why the text would say "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 15:6 , "that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ ."
1 Peter 1:3 , "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
So when we see the phrase "the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," we can now understand that it's speaking of the Godhead and how Jesus, God in flesh, who was a man required to keep the Law, would have someone he would call God, someone he would worship and someone he would pray to according to Deuteronomy 6:13 , who would be considered the God and Father of Jesus.

Now my questions can't be answered with definite answers...lol!

Do unto others as you like them do unto you.

...Same measure pressed down shaken and running over..will also be used for you.

My questions were of yes or no answers
Either definite answers or forget all you wrote up there.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 8:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Why are U so daft ?Who told U its " the opinion of those who did not read the Scriptures thoroughly" or his own twisted interpretation"? Greek linguists /Bible scholars have shared the result of their research about Koine Greek, U are here making idiotic ,disparaging comments borne out of arrogance & denial.

John 1:1,Acts28:6, Acts 12:22 all have the same Greek grammar similarity ,therefore, all would read "a god" .

When U saw those 13 Bible translations cited there (john1:1 wikipedia) where John 1:1 read "a god " your heart refused to believe what your eyes have seen. That's how far U have deceived yourself.
Answer the question : are there two Fathers' ? Simple
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:
Maamin, stop taking the right hand of God literal. The season being that the Father is not a physical entity but a Spirit.

The Father is fully embodied in Jesus Christ through whom He created the material world.

Jesus knew this that why He could boldly declare that, "if you have seen Me you have seen the Father."

This is also the destiny of believers. To be filled with all that God is.

Thanks I really appreciate.. I will also do more study on this very topic. wink
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Thanks I really appreciate.. I will also do more study on this very topic. wink

Ok sir, please do. May the gracious Lord grant us understand. Amen
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Maamin(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Ok sir, please do. May the gracious Lord grant us understand. Amen

Amen!
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 9:07pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Answer the question : are there two Fathers' ? Simple

Stop your deceit," Everlasting Father" is a title applied to JESUS," the Chief Agent ("author of life",) whom God,his Father raised from the dead" Acts3:15, "God exalted him to His right hand as Prince & Saviour ". Acts5:31) .

( Shelumiel, your God resurrected himself &placed himself at his own right hand.. What a mumuish absurdity!!!!!!!)

The context of the Messianic prophecy of Isaiah 9:6,7 has no connection to Fatherhood via creation or ancestry, except U are being clever by half.

Rather, it is fatherhood through influence. This is similar to Job29:11-17 ( vs12" Because I rescued the poor who cried for help..... and the fatherless, ....... i was a father. to the needy"

Is Godfather, a reference to the Almighty God?
Even the Devil is a father, is he Almighty God? John 8:44.

Your assertion is built on quicksand.
(Pls go back to my post & see howJesus became our Everlasting Father).

Shelumiel, who gave the child born unto us,the son given unto us?
Who made him Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father etc? Who placed the government upon his shoulder?

Pls respond.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Stop your deceit," Everlasting Father" is a title applied to JESUS," the Chief Agent ("author of life",) whom God,his Father raised from the dead" Acts3:15, "God exalted him to His right hand as Prince & Saviour ". Acts5:31) .

( Shelumiel, your God resurrected himself &placed himself at his own right hand.. What a mumuish absurdity!!!!!!!)

The context of the Messianic prophecy of Isaiah 9:6,7 has no connection to Fatherhood via creation or ancestry, except U are being clever by half.

Rather, it is fatherhood through influence. This is similar to Job29:11-17 ( vs12" Because I rescued the poor who cried for help..... and the fatherless, ....... i was a father. to the needy"

Is Godfather, a reference to the Almighty God?
Even the Devil is a father, is he Almighty God? John 8:44.

Your assertion is built on quicksand.
(Pls go back to my post & see howJesus became our Everlasting Father).

Shelumiel, who gave the child born unto us,the son given unto us?
Who made him Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father etc? Who placed the government upon his shoulder?

Pls respond.
Shalom
The question asked is a yes or no one . Simply answer it with a yes or no response. Your response please.
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
Hahaha...please quote the bible passage in the new testament that says or refers directly to " JESUS AS OUR EVERLASTING FATHER ". Reply

"The first Adam became a living soul," the last Adam a life giving spirit.
The spiritual did not come first,but the natural,and after that, the spiritual
. The first man (Adam) was out of the dust of the earth, the second man (Jesus) from heaven." 1 cor 15:45-47.

" The wages of sin is death (through Adam) but the gift of God is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our lord" Roman 6:23.

Is Adam your forefather? Is Jesus now your everlasting father? Deny it & deny your saviour.
Shalom
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:

. The first man (Adam) was out of the dust of the earth, the second man (Jesus) from heaven." 1 cor 15:45-47.

" The wages of sin is death (through Adam) but the gift of God is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our lord" Roman 6:23.

Is Adam your forefather? Is Jesus now your everlasting father? Deny it & deny your saviour. It's simple as that.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Is Adam your forefather? Is Jesus now your everlasting father? Deny it & deny your saviour. It's simple as that.
Shalom
I am still waiting for your response sir .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

Shalom
See the question again :are there two Fathers'? Kindly answer with a yes or no so we can proceed .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by OneJ: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Shelumiel:
See the question again :are there two Fathers'? Kindly answer with a yes or no so we can proceed .
Yes
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Shelumiel: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:
Yes
Give references to substantiate your claim .
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 10:50pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Now my questions can't be answered with definite answers...lol!

Do unto others as you like them do unto you.

...Same measure pressed down shaken and running over..will also be used for you.

My questions were of yes or no answers
Either definite answers or forget all you wrote up there.

noted sir.. But you got my message right?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2018
OneJ:

was there anything made without the word?
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:25pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:
Perfectbeing

Yes and most of us here will still say he is 3 = 1

Man made doctrine led us all to this point

The word was with God (the father),and the Word was God(as well).

What is the "word" then?

Just as we all are one body in Christ Jesus.

Still does not say "I Jesus I am the father"

[/quote]

Still doesn't say "I Jesus, I'm not the Father"

Image ,meaning the real thing is also there

[/quote]

Colossians 2:9 - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily

"By" "through", meaning there is still the original or main source.

[/quote]

What do I mean if I say "that food was made by me? "

Yes in the person of Christ.

Mighty God not Almighty God (for the record G or g does not make the word "God" have any greater or lesser meaning than what it means) don't confuse yourself with English, there was no uppercase or lowercase in the manuscripts. I already explained this using the word "Teacher" or "teacher" as an example.

[/quote]

The early Translators were Jewish. Jewish people didn't call God by his name. The name of God was sacred to them and it was regarded blasphemy to mention or write his name. So when the translators translated Elohim or Yahweh, they used capital G. And when they the translated the other man made gods like Baal, they used lowercase G

But trinity made him into 3 in 1

Also you can use "through" which the father has redeemed mankind back to himself.

There is still another behind the making he is no other than the father wink

The question remains did Jesus made Himself equal to God his father?

[/quote]

No the question is, did Jesus denied his equality with God when he was accused of doing so?

'This authority have I received from my father' yes.. if you do not honour the servant sent by a king you do not honour the King himself.

"He" the anointed one, the messiah that is HE whom moses wrote about

Reading from verse 1 of that chapter 8 to the end will be better.

But you where once guilty of that earlier. For a selfish reason may be.

There is but one truth tell it like it is.

[/quote]

I didn't reply some of your messages cos the explanation I have are too lengthy. But I'll try to in my subsequent replies..
Re: The Trinity And Identity Of God by Perfectbeing(m): 11:28pm On Jul 24, 2018
Maamin:

Remember this king David's literal throne is meant to be forever inheritance of Christ.

Here are bible verses for reference
1 Chronicles 17:10-14
Luke 1:32-33
Isaiah 2:1-4
Isaiah 9:6-7
Isaiah 11:1-10
Isaiah 16:5
Isaiah 40:1-11
Isaiah 52:7-15
Jeremiah 23:5-6
Jeremiah 33:17-26
Daniel 2:44
Daniel 7:27
Micah 4:1-5
Micah 5:2-5
Zechariah 9:9

My question now is in revelations

Two thrones were mentioned
That of God and that of the lamb..none for the holy spirit. How do we add this up as well to arrive at this very trinity doctrine

Revelation 7:10
And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.”

Revelation 21:22
I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Revelation 11:15
…“The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord [God] and of his Christ [Jesus], and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Revelation 22:1
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Revelation 5:13
…“To him who sits on the throne [God] and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”
I feel something is missing out in this triniterian teaching that makes it unacceptable.

When I say king David throne is literal I meant the literal king David (the one that ruled after king Saul and before king Solomon . I should have used king Saul instead of David.

But you get my point now right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Skimpy Dresses In The House Of God? / Pastor Shola Adeoye: "A Man Who Can't Cook Is An Open Target For The Devil" / How Is Christmas Preparations In Your Location?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.