Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn (35314 Views)

A Thrilling Short Story We Can All Learn From Written By Me. / Your Dreams And Their Hidden Psychological Meanings / Free Scholarship For All, Learn Mathematics with Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Shukusheka(m): 6:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
1. Refer to people you’ve just met by their name.: People love being referred to by their name and it will establish a sense of trust and friendship right away.
Example: “Nice to meet you Ebuka. So, Ebuka how do you know Tope?” And continue to repeat name throughout the conversation.

2.Pay attention to people’s feet:Pay attention to people's feet. If you approach two people in the middle of a conversation and they only turn their hips and not their feet, they don’t want you to join in the conversation. Hips Feet don’t lie.

3.Ask people for small favors.: It trains their brain to think you like them even if you don't. And then make your way up-to asking big favors.

4. Try to sit next to an aggressor: if you do want to avoid an aggressive confrontation with someone, you just have to take a seat right next to them. The close proximity will make the aggressor less likely to have a go at you, as they will not feel comfortable with showing aggression to someone so close. I use this trick often in hot meetings. grin

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by CodeTemplar: 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2018
hmmm. . . how true are these?

1 Like

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Shukusheka(m): 6:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
5. When at a party or a meeting, crack a joke and observe the people who are laughing around you. People who feel close to each other will be looking at each other. This is useful for discerning out friendships and other relationships.

6. The trick to make people do what you want them to do. Offer someone a choice instead of a command. For example, instead of saying "Eat your food to a kid, ask which plate would he/she like to eat from. This gives the person a sense of control hence produces a higher chance of a better outcome.

7. Confuse your friend: if your friend is in the middle of counting, say money or anything, don't say random numbers to muddle them up. Say numbers in the correct order as the brain loves holding onto a sequence.

8. If you want to be persuasive, try and reduce the use of the words “I think” and “I believe.”

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by samuelchimmy(m): 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2018
CodeTemplar:
hmmm. . . how true are these?
very true

8 Likes

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by 1Sharon(f): 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by toideve(m): 6:39am On Jul 21, 2018
Let me balance here
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 21, 2018
Any psychological tips on resetting a zombie back to his human self.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by dingbang(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2018
Number 8 is damn true
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by KingLennon(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2018
I can relate to many of them. We need post like this on the front page not bobrisky and tonto dikeh bullshit! Thumbs up Op this is informative

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by ProfGday(m): 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
If you want to borrow money or seek for any help from a Nigerian don't appear as a beggar before them package yourself and approach them with confidence,even when you're turned down ,just smile and walk away with a raised shoulder....it pain them

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 21, 2018
undecided
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Shukusheka(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2018
9. If you want to be a leader, never act surprised: In business, act as if everything, I repeat, everything is a logical consequence of something else that happened. This is extremely useful during crisis situations of all sorts when it may be your job to break bad news to people. Always project that you are in control.

10. Do you want to someone tell you something more? Then stay silent: When in a conversation keep your silence even after they have finished speaking. More often than not, they will start talking again to avoid the awkward silence. This one can totally freak people out. Tried and tested, ask top interviewers. It is also useful in finding loopholes to exploit during negotiations. cheesy

11. Ask for way more than you want at first then scale it back later.: When you ask a favor, ask something that they will most likely reject. Then after sometime ask for something less ridiculous- the thing you actually wanted in first place.

The trick behind this is that the person would feel bad for refusing your first request, even though it was unreasonable and will feel obliged to help you this time.

12. Getting someone to hold your bag or get rid of an object: If you want your friend or family member to hold your bag for you, keep talking to them naturally whilst handing over your bag. Most people will automatically take the bag without thinking and won't even realise they're still holding it.

I do this with my stubborn sister all the time and it works!

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by modik(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2018
Shukusheka:
9. If you want to be a leader, never act surprised: In business, act as if everything, I repeat, everything is a logical consequence of something else that happened. This is extremely useful during crisis situations of all sorts when it may be your job to break bad news to people. Always project that you are in control.

10. Do you want to someone tell you something more? Then stay silent: When in a conversation keep your silence even after they have finished speaking. More often than not, they will start talking again to avoid the awkward silence. This one can totally freak people out. Tried and tested, ask top interviewers. cheesy
[sup][/sup]

@9

Truth.!

Confidently use the words like:

"I know", "I'm aware"
It gives you the aura of being in control.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Shukusheka(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2018
13. The Earworm Destroyer: Do you have that annoying song constantly stuck in your head? Well, most of us do. One way to get rid of that song out of your mind is to remember the end of that song. As per Zeigarnik effect, our mind tends to think of things left unfinished. So thinking about the end of the song will allow you to close the loop and make your brain stop playing the song in your mind.

14. Nodding your head while answering a question will make the other person more inclined to agree with you. Example "Don't you think Ishilove is the best writer on nairaland?" while nodding, most people will agree. cheesy
[img]http://3.bp..com/-gx-HuDXh5bY/UB7neNF3xaI/AAAAAAAACK8/bqkJr19ZZQo/s1600/eddie-murphy-nodding.gif[/img]

15. Apply touch when interacting with people Our brains are hardwired in a way that we are super sensitive to even the subtlest physical contact. Innocent touching is a highly effective way of building rapport.
Do you need help from someone? Try this trick. Gently place your palm on his/her shoulder, look apologetically into his/her eyes and say "Lalasticlala, please I need your help".
Forgerrit! This _shit works like magic. Just don't try it with a superior.
[img]http://fozmeadows.files./2015/03/destiel-shoulder-touch-1.gif[/img]

16. Make someone feel insecure by looking at their hairline when they speak.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 21, 2018
this should make Front Page. For the culture

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Dranoid: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2018
That no. 11 works like magic

1 Like

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Shukusheka(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
17. Use gestures when you speak: Research has shown that people who use gestures when they give talks are judged to be more efficient and influential.

But use meaningful hand gestures that convey the point across, not some random hand acrobatics in the air that will make you look like an _imbecile.

18. When you’re studying/learning something new, teach a friend how to do it. Let them ask questions. If you’re able to teach something well, you understand it.

19. The key to confidence is walking into a room and assume that everyone already likes you.

20. Last but not the least, If you make the biggest smile you can, you will automatically feel happier, remember your biggest smile. Try it out now. grin

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 21, 2018
This Is A Master-Piece.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by candelahria(f): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Shukusheka:
17. Use gestures when you speak: Research has shown that people go use gestures when they give talks are judged to be more efficient and influential.

But use meaningful hand gestures that convey the point across, not some random hand acrobatics in the air that will make you look like an _imbecile.

18. When you’re studying/learning something new, teach a friend how to do it. Let them ask questions. If you’re able to teach something well, you understand it.

19. The key to confidence is walking into a room and assume that everyone already likes you.

20. Last but not the least, If you make the biggest smile you can, you will automatically feel happier, remember your smile. Try it out now. grin

Read these stuff on quora sometime ago

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by sotall(m): 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ok
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by pocohantas(f): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Do you want to someone tell you something more? Then stay silent: When in a conversation keep your silence even after they have finished speaking. More often than not, they will start talking again to avoid the awkward silence. This one can totally freak people out. Tried and tested, ask top interviewers. It is also useful in finding loopholes to exploit during negotiations

grin

3 Likes

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by akeentech(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ask me anything
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Naijawebmaster: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2018
[/quote]Try to sit next to an aggressor: if you do want to avoid an aggressive confrontation with someone, you just have to take a seat right next to them. The close proximity will make the aggressor less likely to have a go at you, as they will not feel comfortable with showing aggression to someone so close. I use this trick often in hot meetings. grin
[quote]

This doesn't always work....infact, the closer, the more vulnerable you'll become to the aggressive person.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

6 Likes

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Desdola(m): 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
nice
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 21, 2018
uploading
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by geo4c: 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
I have nothing to say

Dem too many
I can not even remember the first one

2 Likes

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by israelmao(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Body language differs if people don't want you in their conversation, it is not only in the feet but you will catch the cue all over them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by niyot124: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
Nice
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by 1899Milan: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
A number of these things are true but with attentive people, they'll see right through you and leverage on your acts to get you to sing their tunes

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What My 3 Years Old Daughter Did For Her Homework / Ifeanyichukwu Ezumah: IMSU Graduate 'Biggie' Dies After Collapsing In Imo (Pics) / University Of Maiduguri Students Preparing For Exams (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.