Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn (35334 Views)

A Thrilling Short Story We Can All Learn From Written By Me. / Your Dreams And Their Hidden Psychological Meanings / Free Scholarship For All, Learn Mathematics with Ease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Christeety: 6:29pm On Jul 21, 2018
Brilliant��. God bless you for this
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by franklypaen: 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
Best thing on nairaland this week

1 Like

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by natureem: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Well written OP
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by okwabayi(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2018
I hate anything-body language. If you start paying attention to any little detail you'll mistake different signs and slowly become awkward in conversations. There is also the possibility of one sign representing multiple interpretations and changing from time to time depending on context.

One should aim to become likeable only through practice, the rest will follow up naturally. Trying shortcuts only lead to failure -- these tips and tricks were derived from watching people who developed the abilities without conscious thought.

2 Likes

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Keywordconcept(m): 1:52am On Jul 22, 2018
Good tips
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by jaxxy(m): 4:45am On Jul 22, 2018
Shukusheka:
13. The Earworm Destroyer: Do you have that annoying song constantly stuck in your head? Well, most of us do. One way to get rid of that song out of your mind is to remember the end of that song. As per Zeigarnik effect, our mind tends to think of things left unfinished. So thinking about the end of the song will allow you to close the loop and make your brain stop playing the song in your mind.

14. Nodding your head while answering a question will make the other person more inclined to agree with you. Example "Don't you think Ishilove is the best writer on nairaland?" while nodding, most people will agree. cheesy
[img]http://3.bp..com/-gx-HuDXh5bY/UB7neNF3xaI/AAAAAAAACK8/bqkJr19ZZQo/s1600/eddie-murphy-nodding.gif[/img]

15. Apply touch when interacting with people Our brains are hardwired in a way that we are super sensitive to even the subtlest physical contact. Innocent touching is a highly effective way of building rapport.
Do you need help from someone? Try this trick. Gently place your palm on his/her shoulder, look apologetically into his/her eyes and say "Lalasticlala, please I need your help".
Forgerrit! This _shit works like magic. Just don't try it with a superior.
[img]http://fozmeadows.files./2015/03/destiel-shoulder-touch-1.gif[/img]

16. Make someone feel insecure by looking at their hairline when they speak.

Try no 15 with me 100 times it won't work. It's breaks my attention from wat ure saying to wat ure doing. I read right tru ure tricky as$
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by jaxxy(m): 5:00am On Jul 22, 2018
MrHighSea:
Finally, when we all are aware of it.

I know our brain defense mechanism may kick in.

What about that?

Half of the people reading this piece of info will not remember it, out of the half that remember it, half won't be able to apply rightly so there u go. Only 25% or less stand a chance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by nacaz4real(m): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2018
Wear a nice perfume, a nice smile and be in control. It really works. wink
Naijawebmaster:
4. Try to sit next to an aggressor: if you do want to avoid an aggressive confrontation with someone, you just have to take a seat right next to them. The close proximity will make the aggressor less likely to have a go at you, as they will not feel comfortable with showing aggression to someone so close. I use this trick often in hot meetings. grin

This doesn't always work....infact, the closer, the more vulnerable you'll become to the aggressive person.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Celsony: 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=Shukusheka post=69573225]
16. Make someone feel insecure by looking at their hairline when they speak. quote[/]

I agree with this one 100%
I hate it when one does that too...
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by MightyFortress: 3:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
noted
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by russellh92(m): 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
Yes, these are very basic but useful skills. They will help to quickly establish contact with people, though not all it works. If you want to learn more, then I advise you to read a dissertation https://oceanessay.com/ about how to quickly establish contact with the person.
Re: Top Great Psychological Tricks We Should All Learn by Konquest: 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
Shukusheka:
1. Refer to people you’ve just met by their name.: People love being referred to by their name and it will establish a sense of trust and friendship right away.
Example: “Nice to meet you Ebuka. So, Ebuka how do you know Tope?” And continue to repeat name throughout the conversation.

2.Pay attention to people’s feet:Pay attention to people's feet. If you approach two people in the middle of a conversation and they only turn their hips and not their feet, they don’t want you to join in the conversation. Hips Feet don’t lie.

3.Ask people for small favors.: It trains their brain to think you like them even if you don't. And then make your way up-to asking big favors.

4. Try to sit next to an aggressor: if you do want to avoid an aggressive confrontation with someone, you just have to take a seat right next to them. The close proximity will make the aggressor less likely to have a go at you, as they will not feel comfortable with showing aggression to someone so close. I use this trick often in hot meetings. grin
Word!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

19 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Schooled At MOUAU (Umudike) / Friends Pour Water On A Lady As She Graduates (Photos) / Nairalander's Tour Of Adeleke University Permanent Site Ede, Osun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.