Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,159 members, 7,829,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Advice Seriously Needed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Seriously Needed (1885 Views)

My Wife's 22yrs Old Niece Is Seriously Tempting Me . (she Like's Being Nude) / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! / Pls My Fellow Nairalanders I Seriously Need Ur Help.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2018
Good morning to all Nairalander.
I'm a 25 years old guy with one daughter, duo I'm yet to be legally married but me and my soon to be wife and my daughter are living well and very happy. I have my own house and living well, I work as a security guard in a company but the pay is cool I can boldly compare my salary to a police Sargent salary, our department have a cooperative society where we can get a loan up to the amount of 500k which I took a loan, added some of my savings and open a store (chemist store) for the mother of my daughter my soon to be wife.
My problem now is this:- I can't stop helping people that comes my way even when I'm broke and have no money with me, few days ago I borrowed money from someone just to help a guy who admitted his kid in a hospital. Sometimes I even end up giving out my last cash, I can't see someone around me that's in need without me helping even if I have to borrow just to assist him or her.
I'm posting this cos when I'm in need no one is available to help or assist me, there's was a time I got myself involved in some stuff and needed money to pay off some debts no one helped me, everyone turned me down that I have to sell my iPhone 7plus 190k, that's a phone I bought 320k. Please I need your advice on how to turn down some people, I can't keep living this way, pleasing others just to displease myself, my wife have complained several times but I find it difficult to change.
Please no insults, advice is all I want. Thanks
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Whobedatte(m): 11:26am On Jul 21, 2018
You aptly described my personality
Creating a balance is paramount though, as you don't want to run into debt

1 Like

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 21, 2018
Whobedatte:
How do you manage to do it. I have tried not to give, the body is willing not to give but the spirit and mind keep saying and doing something else
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by dulux07(m): 11:49am On Jul 21, 2018
It is a spiritual gift lol grin, maybe you guys should run a joint account to curb it
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by ojun50(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2018
Whobedatte:
pls give us advice
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Chubhie: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
YoungFr:
I'm a 25 years old guy with one daughter, duo I'm yet to be legally married but me and my soon to be wife and my daughter are living well and very happy. I have my own house and living well, I work as a security guard in a company but the pay is cool I can boldly compare my salary to a police Sargent salary, our department have a cooperative society where we can get a loan up to the amount of 500k which I took a loan, added some of my savings and open a store (chemist store) for the mother of my daughter my soon to be wife.
My problem now is this:- I can't stop helping people that comes my way even when I'm broke and have no money with me, few days ago I borrowed money from someone just to help a guy who admitted his kid in a hospital. Sometimes I even end up giving out my last cash, I can't see someone around me that's in need without me helping even if I have to borrow just to assist him or her.
I'm posting this cos when I'm in need no one is available to help or assist me, there's was a time I got myself involved in some stuff and needed money to pay off some debts no one helped me, everyone turned me down that I have to sell my iPhone 7plus 190k, that's a phone I bought 320k. Please I need your advice on how to turn down some people, I can't keep living this way, pleasing others just to displease myself, my wife have complained several times but I find it difficult to change.
First things first. What's the need for a 320k phone when you don't have at least a billion naira in your account?

You borrow to invest not for charity, pleasure or food.

If you don't look after yourself who will? learn to protect yourself.

The very people I've met that have real money always hide themselves and not invite pressures on themselves.

How can you be parading a phone of such nature and still turn people that need 10k for drugs back? See it from their point of view and readjust your posture.

You trained them. Untrain them.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
dulux07:
It is a spiritual gift lol grin, maybe you guys should run a joint account to curb it
Joint account isn't the solution cos I emptied my account some time ago and paid all the money into her account but I still find a way out and sometimes even borrowed
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2018
Chubhie:

First things first. What's the need for a 320k phone when you don't have at least a billion naira in your account?

You borrow to invest not for charity, pleasure or food.

If you don't look after yourself who will? learn to protect yourself.

The very people I've met that have real money always hide themselves and not invite pressures on themselves.

How can you be parading a phone of such nature and still turn people that need 10k for drugs back? See it from their point of view and readjust your posture.

You trained them. Untrain them.

Thanks but how do I untrained them?? Some will even borrow and it will take forever to pay back that I end up leaving the cash with him or her l.
Before owing a house or buying the iPhone I have be giving
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Chubhie: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2018
YoungFr:

Thanks but how do I untrained them?? Some will even borrow and it will take forever to pay back that I end up leaving the cash with him or her l.
Before owing a house or buying the iPhone I have be giving
How's your wife? is she soft and undisciplined as you? You know there are no guarantees that you won't be sacked from that job someday?

You can set aside 10% of your income as charity and stick to it for a start.

I must commend you on building your first house at 25. I was distracted trying to unravel and get under girls panties at your age.

Your priority now should be on your family and also having different steady streams of income.

Not a bad idea to start saving to build apartment building for rentals.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by sisisioge: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2018
"I'm so sorry about your plight but unable to assist you right now. May God help you resolve this matter. Pele." Is a nice way of saying no. I learnt that the hard way. I won't borrow anyone any money I can't gift them. The only person I can go all out for is my sis...she's family, her problem is my problem. Essentially, it is still the same thing. So wise up...may God help you.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by edoman2016: 1:08pm On Jul 21, 2018
YoungFr:
Hey Young man, don't you think you are spending above your means? How much is your salary as a security officer in a private company that you are buying a phone of 320,000 Naira? Isn't that extravagant lifestyle? The 320k could have been invested in self development or a business.

3 Likes

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2018
Chubhie:

How's your wife? is she soft and undisciplined as you? You know there are no guarantees that you won't be sacked from that job someday?

I'm very disciplined, as for my job I try to put in all my effort, I was paid off one time due to the decrease in price of the company products but was later called back to work after 10 months. I used the opportunity in obtaining my National Diploma

I'm already working on it, I actually build my house at the age of 23, last year I got a plot of land in a more developed area, my plan is to build and rent it out

my wife isn't soft like me that's why I'm happy cos by now only God knows
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
YoungFr:

If you continue like this, you will soon not be able to help anyone, not even yourself.
It's not your job to save the world. Help when you can but do not create more trouble for yourself. This is madness.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Chubhie: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2018
YoungFr:

I'm already working on it, I actually build my house at the age of 23, last year I got a plot of land in a more developed area, my plan is to build and rent it out

my wife isn't soft like me that's why I'm happy cos by now only God knows
All the very best.

1 Like

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Ishilove: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2018
Chubhie:

You can set aside 10% of your income as charity and stick to it for a start.

I must commend you on building your first house at 25. I was distracted trying to unravel and get under girls panties at your age.

Your priority now should be on your family and also having different steady streams of income.

I'm sometimes baffled how you can make sense in one minute, and then be a trolling douchebag in the next.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Chubhie: 6:48pm On Jul 21, 2018
Ishilove:

I'm sometimes baffled how you can make sense in one minute, and then be a trolling douchebag in the next.
Life, oh life, oh life, oh life. Paradox perhaps?
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Acidosis(m): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2018
Depression and identity crisis loading... grin

What you're doing is what psychologists call codependency. You take your sense of self from pleasing others. Your esteem does not come from within, you keep getting it from others through giving and meeting the needs of others. This is disastrous for your wellbeing because you won't feel good about yourself until you give everything (including stealing to please someone).

Your actions also show that you love to be perceived as a generous and wealthy young guy with cool cash. I don't know where you work but I'm certain some of your bosses at work don't use iPhone 7 plus.

What to do? You need to walk closely with men in their prime. You need someone to tell you about their past and missed opportunities.

Lastly, download Kizz Daniel's no go dey do pass yourself... ; listen to the song again and again until you get the message.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by cynhamscakes(f): 8:09am On Jul 22, 2018
Acidosis have said it all.

You need to stop this..
People will continue taking advantage of you and same people you play father Christmas to will deny you when the cash dries up.

Be wise and look out for yourself and your future.
Its a wicked world we live in where NO ONE CARES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:31am On Jul 23, 2018
YoungFr:

I shall be blant

I respect you taking care of yo partner and child, you are not married traditionally or civil hence i used the word PARTNER

You are stupid to get a loan a open a store for future mother-in-law. You should have opened it has your own business. Never do things for people thats you havent achieved yourself

Money, business and relatives never mix

You go out yo way to help people as if you need approval from them that u are good person.

On averange friends and relatives always bring u down when comes to money

1 Like

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:16am On Jul 23, 2018
the important question here IS: WHY DO YOU HELP PEOPLE?!

- if you do so because you genuinely care about people, then continue doing so (when you financially can)
- if you do so because you want people to do the same when you are in need, then i suggest you reconsider.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 4:06am On Jul 23, 2018
Learn to say "no" when you need to. It's honest and better for your own wellbeing.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Eketem: 5:47am On Jul 23, 2018
I was like you, what helped me was tracking my spending.

Get a hard cover exercise book. Write down every source of income then budget how you can spend it building project savings included. Have one account for daily expenses then another account without cheque book or ATM where you can save towards your big projects and for the rainy day. The job may not be there forever

You can dedicate 10 or 15 person of your income to helping others, write it on that exercise book and be strict about it. When that money finishes anybody else that comes be honest and tell them you don't have.

The good thing about writing down your income and expenses is it makes whatever you spend real, you will start seeing for your self frivolous things and you will stop it by your self.

1 Like

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 23, 2018
ZIMDRILL:

I shall be blant

I respect you taking care of yo partner and child, you are not married traditionally or civil hence i used the word PARTNER

You are stupid to get a loan a open a store for future mother-in-law. You should have opened it has your own business. Never do things for people thats you havent achieved yourself

Money, business and relatives never mix

You go out yo way to help people as if you need approval from them that u are good person.

On averange friends and relatives always bring u down when comes to money
Please read the post again, I didn't open store for my mother-in-law but for my soon to be wife, we already had a child and the special grace of God we are getting married soon, you don't expect me to leave her to stay home all day doing nothing or going around looking for a job when I have access to fund that she can use to set up her own
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 23, 2018
Eketem:
I was like you, what helped me was tracking my spending.

Get a hard cover exercise book. Write down every source of income then budget how you can spend it building project savings included. Have one account for daily expenses then another account without cheque book or ATM where you can save towards your big projects and for the rainy day. The job may not be there forever

You can dedicate 10 or 15 person of your income to helping others, write it on that exercise book and be strict about it. When that money finishes anybody else that comes be honest and tell them you don't have.

The good thing about writing down your income and expenses is it makes whatever you spend real, you will start seeing for your self frivolous things and you will stop it by your self.
Thanks so much, I do appreciate

1 Like

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by GAJIT: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
[color=#990000][/color] you are suffering from AUTISM. Pray to God to deliver from the sickness.
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by nnamezie87(m): 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2018
Learn to say NO
Re: Advice Seriously Needed by mrblessed(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2018
Quiescere:
Learn to say "no" when you need to. It's honest and better for your own wellbeing.

There is no atom of honesty in saying 'no' just to relieve one from needless financial entanglement. It is just a mechanism to get out of unfavourable situations.

Re: Advice Seriously Needed by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=mrblessed post=70440047][/quote]
Eventually when you get completely broke you will become angry and decide to stop lending money.

(1) (Reply)

Aged Parents Matter / Man Gives Wife Go-ahead To Be Intimate With His Son / Nkiru Sylvanus Marries Namadi Sambo's Aide As 2nd Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.