Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (103268 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by BOOMnaija(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nobody share link...na only to talk una sabi

Bunch of talkatives

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by wondarkid: 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
Link oo
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
2nd quarter Nigeria losing 25-31
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
https://www.courtside1891.basketball/game/88925

That's the only link I could find...but you'll have to subscribe
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Princezibk: 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mozambique 🇲🇿 leads us 33- 29 Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
1st Half

Nigeria 29
Mozambique 33

We have turned the ball over 16 times. It's just crazy.

Our mediocre offense also hurting us

Going to be difficult but hoping we win.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
Halftime
Nig 29 -Maz 33
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sarah ogoke has been disappointing. She's turned the ball over too many times and has been awful on offense. Hope she redeems herself this second half.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by BOOMnaija(m): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:
Sarah ogoke has been disappointing. She's turned the ball over too many times and has been awful on offense. Hope she redeems herself this second half.

Ogbeni where u dey watch am?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2023
BOOMnaija:

Ogbeni where u dey watch am?

Subscribe to startimes and use their mobile app to stream.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by do4luv14(m): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2023
Just 5 point separating us,
we can do this Tigress, time to go on the Offensive
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
The problem with this team is lack of guards. The guards that are there are sadly below par. Really hope we at least make the finals so we get the chance to correct our mistakes during the Olympics qualifiers

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:
1st Half

Nigeria 29
Mozambique 33

We have turned the ball over 16 times. It's just crazy.

Our mediocre offense also hurting us

Going to be difficult but hoping we win.
Remember me saying this turnovers are problems an half decent side would exploit...

Only Amy Okonkwo distinguishing herself so far....
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:
The problem with this team is lack of guards. The guards that are there are sadly below par. Really hope we at least make the finals so we get the chance to correct our mistakes during the Olympics qualifiers
I think if we get past Mozambique, Rwanda shouldn't be an issue...

Amy my babe balling...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
I think if we get past Mozambique, Rwanda shouldn't be an issue...

Amy my babe balling...

Yea. I don't think Rwanda will bring this much of a challenge.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:

Yea. I don't think Rwanda will bring this much of a challenge.
Now we need a decent 4th quarter... 47-43 now we lead...

This squad no get depth... Amy didn't start 2nd quarter and we couldn't score a single point for 2.30 minutes....

Na waooo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
Final Score

Nigeria 59
Mozambique 52

This was one nervy game. Hypertension game.

Glad we survived.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
lovewins:
Final Score

Nigeria 59
Mozambique 52

This was one nervy game. Hypertension game.

Glad we survived.

This same Mozambique we dey normally brush pass easily.. Omo

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
Phew! That was a nail-bitter!

But I’m happy D’Tigress are now 22-0 in Afrobasket play

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Odogwujayy: 9:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
Congratulations D'Tigress. Onto the semis

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Danielnino00:

This same Mozambique we dey normally brush pass easily.. Omo

The Mozambique team is quite good to be fair. But the issue isn't how good they her, it's how bad we've gotten. This team has no guard in my opinion. Imagine turning over the ball more than the team you lost too.

Just hope they reach the finals. The Olympics pre-qualification is my goal for this team. We can always come back to win Afrobasket.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Odogwujayy: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2023
Committed lots of fouls in this game. The Mozambique girls couldn't convert most of their free throws.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Odogwujayy: 9:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Semi final cast:

Mali Vs Senegal

Rwanda Vs Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Am glad buh decision making has to improve... at 51-49, we had about 2 tries for 3 pointer and we missed on a bounce instead of passing to better placed players for a 2...thereby turning over possession needlessly...

We will roast Rwanda despite their home court advantages...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Odogwujayy:
Committed lots of fouls in this game. The Mozambique girls couldn't convert most of their free throws.

I said it that the other teams in this tournament also have their weaknesses. Our team is not the perfect team that we want, but this crop of D'tigress are no pushovers. We can win this Afrobasket cool cool cool. The trophy is not out of our reach. Against Rwanda, I expect a better performance from D'tigress.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 10:07pm On Aug 02, 2023
Player of the game to me was Musa. Amy of course did what she usually does, but Musa's contribution came at pivotal times.

She took very difficult shots in the 4th quarter and makes 3 vital blocks that kept us in the game.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
I still think this Afrobasket is Mali's to lose. That team is well rounded and can't wait for a match up with Nigeria. Of course I'll support our girls, but I think Mali will win it.

For me, as long as we make the finals I don't really mind. Lol
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by BOOMnaija(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
59-52
Nigeria wins

The turnovers no be here o...but we thank God
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by starstaz(m): 11:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Remember me saying this turnovers are problems an half decent side would exploit...

Only Amy Okonkwo distinguishing herself so far....

And my babe Musa
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by starstaz(m): 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
This Uganda Nigeria tie is too close to be called hypertension session. And for this singular reason, I swear that all the exco members that were involved in disbandment of our formidable 3times back to back champions including Sunday Dare, will not perish well "sportically" speaking.

How can we paraded a diluted team to an African championship that has become our birth right. As far as am concerned, a sequence of 5 to 7 championship is our birth right if only we keep it good off field (administrative set up) and on field by using quality and tested players .

This country tire person.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
starstaz:
This Uganda Nigeria tie is too close to be called hypertension session. And for this singular reason, I swear that all the exco members that were involved in disbandment of our formidable 3times back to back champions including Sunday Dare, will not perish well "sportically" speaking.

How can we paraded a diluted team to an African championship that has become our birth right. As far as am concerned, a sequence of 5 to 7 championship is our birth right if only we keep it good off field (administrative set up) and on field by using quality and tested players .

This country tire person.

This diluted team will get to the final and win this trophy. Many of our ladies in the cuttent D'tigress squad are playing their first Afrobasket. So, they are just learning game by game. Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by starstaz(m): 12:11am On Aug 03, 2023
Redman44:

This diluted team will get to the final and win this trophy. Many of our ladies in the cuttent D'tigress squad are playing their first Afrobasket. So, they are just learning game by game. Cheers.

I agree with you. I can support your post with evidence and one of such is the progressive development exhibited by both Okonkwo and Musa , who are hitherto role players in the last edition. Am surprised how much Musa has learnt and imbibed and as for Okonkwo a mercurial rise and dramatic transformation and excellent development.

All being said, we erred by commiting the greatest error of dislocating the fulcrum and framework of our team ,leaving them out, that could have impacted basketball wisdom into one or two rookies in this team .

Nevertheless win or lose will not afford us an insight into the strength of this woman Coach in charge of the Tigress.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (99) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Flaunts His Man Of The Match Award After World Cup Heroics. Photos / Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.