Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics - Sports (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics (104737 Views)

Super Falcons Beat Banyana Banyana (0-1 Agg) - Qualify For Paris 2024 Olympics / Nigeria's D’Tigress Finish 8th At FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup / D’tigress Beats Argentina And Qualifies For Quarter Final, Makes History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
It seems Lauren Ebo is not part of the squad. Nicole Enabosi played today from what I gathered online. Will Ebo feature for Nigeria in Kigali? Please someone clarify for me. Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Redman44:
It seems Lauren Ebo is not part of the squad. Nicole Enabosi played today from what I gathered online. Will Ebo feature for Nigeria in Kigali? Please someone clarify for me. Thanks.
....Nobody knows the answer to this, it seems, they are trying to figure everything out on the fly, basically cleaning up the mess the federation made. So about the game, i watched it,i like our defensive intensity, we go hard, there were times we played full court press. We struggled offensively in the first half, which was expected, some of this players only just met each other, hence they do not know how feed each other the ball, it will get better, i think, i like the fact that we have a day off, so the girls can all see the match and work on their mistakes and also they will have an extra day to practise. So far, i will want to see what Senegal plays like to assess our chances, however, ultimately we got the win. If we get to olympic qualifying tourney, i feel like we might have some players from the past back, maybe promise and Ezinne.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
Redman44:

If it was by stats, the Super Falcons would not defeat Australia yesterday. This d'tigress squad will improve with every game. Who was the team's captain by the way? How will Ivory Coast defeat Nigeria?
Well I feel more experience side could punish us due to high turnovers ( 14 in first half alone) and 11 steal against DRC?... Am just not Optimistic...

Well Ivory coast have quite few French Ligue Féminine players and I see them in ascendancy... buh they are currently fumbling against Rwanda...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2023
carbonado:
....Nobody knows the answer to this, it seems, they are trying to figure everything out on the fly, basically cleaning up the mess the federation made. So about the game, i watched it,i like our defensive intensity, we go hard, there were times we played full court press. We struggled offensively in the first half, which was expected, some of this players only just met each other, hence they do not know how feed each other the ball, it will get better, i think, i like the fact that we have a day off, so the girls can all see the match and work on their mistakes and also they will have an extra day to practise. So far, i will want to see what Senegal plays like to assess our chances, however, ultimately we got the win. If we get to olympic qualifying tourney, i feel like we might have some players from the past back, maybe promise and Ezinne.
Where did u watch the game please? Couldn't find a reliable streaming link
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2023
Redman44:

If it was by stats, the Super Falcons would not defeat Australia yesterday. This d'tigress squad will improve with every game. Who was the team's captain by the way? How will Ivory Coast defeat Nigeria?

Don't talk like this. You're more knowledgeable than this.

Stats is literally the epicenter of basketball. The importance of stats in basketball compared to football isn't the same. We hope the girls improve but don't in a bid to excuse their deficiencies today talk down on the importance of stats.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
Redman44:

It is likely an error from the NBBF as her name didn't even reflect on FIBA's team list. Hoping it's something they can rectify.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
lovewins:

Don't talk like this. You're more knowledgeable than this.

Stats is literally the epicenter of basketball. The importance of stats in basketball compared to football isn't the same. We hope the girls improve but don't in a bid to excuse their deficiencies today talk down on the importance of stats.

I think the girls will improve in the next game. We are yet to see the best of Amy Okonkwo and Sarah Ogoke. Let's get to the knockout stages first. We should be wary of Cameroun and Mali too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by carbonado(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
Danielnino00:

Where did u watch the game please? Couldn't find a reliable streaming link
....startimes, you can download their mobile app and then subscribe.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Danielnino00(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
carbonado:
....startimes, you can download their mobile app and then subscribe.

Okay ..thank you
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2023
Uganda are surprisingly close to Senegal
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
PDPGuy:
Uganda are suhrprisingly close to Senegal

I am interested in this game . The Senegalese had to bring Astou Traore out of retirement. The Egyptian ladies will give DTigress a tough time tomorrow. We need to take the game to the Egyptians tomorrow. I believe in this crop of Dtigress players though. What is the situation with Lauren Ebo? I don't believe she came all the way to camp in Abuja, only not to feature for Nigeria in Kigali .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 6:20pm On Jul 29, 2023
Redman44:

I am interested in this game . The Senegalese had to bring Astou Traore out of retirement. The Egyptian ladies will give DTigress a tough time tomorrow. We need to take the game to the Egyptians tomorrow. I believe in this crop of Dtigress players though. What is the situation with Lauren Ebo? I don't believe she came all the way to camp in Abuja, only not to feature for Nigeria in Kigali .
These Ugandans am seeing are bully... what they lacked in technical abilities they make up for it Physically... especially when it comes to second ball and rebounds..
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
These Ugandans am seeing are bully... what they lacked in technical abilities they make up for it Physically... especially when it comes to second ball and rebounds..

They took Mali to the wire too yesterday. So not surprised at their performance so far. Currently leading by 1 point. They may just win this game.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
lovewins:

They took Mali to the wire too yesterday. So not surprised at their performance so far. Currently leading by 1 point. They may just win this game.
The way they are dominating the second ball at both ends remind me of early insanely motivated King James...

Senegal might need overtime here....
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 7:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
[quote author=MSGAMBLE9 post=124743136] The way they are dominating the second ball at both ends remind me of early insanely motivated King James...

Senegal might need overtime here....[/quote

Senegal has lost their first game to Uganda . I told you that some teams are overrated at this year's Afrobasket for women in Rwanda. Dtigress just needs to work on their mistakes and weaknesses going forward and we can at least get to the final. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
lovewins:

Senegal will square up against Mali next. The Senegalese won't have it easy against the Malian ladies who will be looking to progress to the Quarter Finals. I believe we are yet to see the best of our ladies- Ifunnaya Okoro, Pallas Akpanah, Tomi Taiwo and Murjanatu. I can't wait until tomorrow. Game on cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2023
Redman44:
i
The issue am pondering on right now is that they (Senegal) might not top their group... which means we might face them as early has the quarter-final or Semis instead of the final...

Even the Malians not in sync yet so I totally agree with you... this Tourney would have been a "strool in the park' for the Ezinne Kalu's Geng...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 3:57am On Jul 30, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
The issue am pondering on right now is that they (Senegal) might not top their group... which means we might face them as early has the quarter-final or Semis instead of the final...

Even the Malians not in sync yet so I totally agree with you... this Tourney would have been a "strool in the park' for the Ezinne Kalu's Geng...

If we meet Senegal at this year's Afrobasket, victory over Senegal will boil down to great coaching from Coach Rena. I don't think our ladies will be afraid of Senegal. No fears, bro. We have a good team, though a good number of Dtigress players at this tourney are rookies Afrobasket wise. It does not mean that our girls are inexperienced. Many of them have played for teams/clubs that have won championships in College, Africa or Leagues. Our team is still gelling. Yes, Ezinne Kalu and the last batch of Dtigress are more experienced, but I don't think they are more talented that our current squad.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Redman44(m): 4:08am On Jul 30, 2023
Coach Rena Wakama

She is the only female coach at this year's Afrobasket. One of her major strengths is that she is not only a Coach, but a total basketball administrator. She has experience in managing a team and overseeing all matters concerning teams towards ensuring victory. This experience runs in contrast to the male coaches who might just be on court coaches. And she has been successful in the past. Check her stats .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 4:39am On Jul 30, 2023
Redman44:

If we meet Senegal at this year's Afrobasket, victory over Senegal will boil down to great coaching from Coach Rena. I don't think our ladies will be afraid of Senegal. No fears, bro. We have a good team, though a good number of Dtigress players at this tourney are rookies Afrobasket wise. It does not mean that our girls are inexperienced. Many of them have played for teams/clubs that have won championships in College, Africa or Leagues. Our team is still gelling[b]. Yes, Ezinne Kalu and the last batch of Dtigress are more experienced, but I don't think they are more talented that our current squad. [/b]

This man you have come again. Agreed with you till you got to the bolded part. This current squad can go on to win the championship and they still won't be able to lace the boot of the previous squad talent wise. Funny thing is, we don't need to do plenty shalaye to prove it.

Amy okonkwo, Elizabeth Balogun, Pallas, Musa, Nicole and Ogoke were all members of the last squad and none of them were starters.

Elizabeth and Oderah both went to Duke. Though at different times, Oderah is more renowned there and had better stats at Duke.

Multiple members of the old team were either drafted or had a stint in the WNBA. And the truth is, if they had made camp to fight for a spot, many of the new girls won't be in Rwanda.

Let's allow this team enjoy grace by not pitting them against the previous. It's unnecessary. Enough said.
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by dankorode(m): 9:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Redman44:

Senegal will square up against Mali next. The Senegalese won't have it easy against the Malian ladies who will be looking to progress to the Quarter Finals. I believe we are yet to see the best of our ladies- Ifunnaya Okoro, Pallas Akpanah, Tomi Taiwo and Murjanatu. I can't wait until tomorrow. Game on cool
what time is today's game?
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by Princezibk: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
Pls update about the ongoing match
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by MSGAMBLE9: 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
dankorode:
what time is today's game?
2pm... I don't expect any surprises...
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
First quarter

Nigeria 18
Egypt 10.

The girls are playing good defense. Yet to be convinced about their offense. They shouldn't have a problem winning this though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by PDPGuy: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
lovewins:
First quarter

Nigeria 18
Egypt 10.

The girls are playing good defense. Yet to be convinced about their offense. They shouldn't have a problem winning this though.

As the commentators are saying, their offense looks cluttered at times.. But it’s not surprising cos the ladies have only been together for less than 2 weeks, so it will take some time for their offense to gel
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by wondarkid: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
Please share link

Let’s watch
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by wondarkid: 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
lovewins:
First quarter

Nigeria 18
Egypt 10.

Please link
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by wondarkid: 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
Link please
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by maidaboi(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
wondarkid:

Please link
www dot vipbox dot lc/basketball-live
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by wondarkid: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Not coming up
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by maidaboi(m): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2023
wondarkid:
Not coming up
just search vipbox on Google
Re: Nigeria Basketball Thread - D’Tigress At The 2024 Olympics by lovewins: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
First Half

Nigeria 42
Egypt 23

A commanding 19 point lead

Amy okonkwo is cooking. She leads the chart with 20 points and 7 rebounds

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (99) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Salaries Of Nigerian Premier League Players. / Tunisia Vs Nigeria: AFCON Third Place (0 - 1) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.