Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? (2994 Views)

Reasons Why Women Hate Each Other / 5 Things Women Hate To Hear / When Long-Distance Relationship Ends - Advice On Adjusting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by dokwesi(m): 10:40am On Jun 15, 2010
I really wonder why a woman should build enmity with a man when the relationship goes bad. Should every relationship lead into marriage especially when you know there is no compatibility. Even when the woman has an attitude problem and knows she's at fault, she still does not want to build a good friendship after the relationship ends.

Can someone please clear me on this?
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by MissyB1(m): 10:47am On Jun 15, 2010
Friendship, after a relationship hits the rock? Is that really possible? I'D say NO!!
We can exchange pleasantries . . . .Yes, but that Depends on the reason for the break up.

If a relationship ends because the man wasn't treating me as I deserve, then,
Heck no!!! We can't "be friends". A friend wouldn't mistreat anatha friend.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Creamish(f): 11:01am On Jun 15, 2010
@ Missy. . . spot on! cool

@dokwesi . . y d'u think its only d woman being affected? havent u seen heart broken men b4? I have . . . *i feel guilty cos i caused some* but it goes both ways . . either party gets bitter . . its not peculiar to women. .
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by iice(f): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2010
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned grin

@topic. . .it swings both ways but i think it shows more with women because sometimes they are more invested, emotionally as well as mentally undecided

Me i'm all for friendship jare. . .if it's salvageable, if not. . .more time to go treasure hunting tongue
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Sauron1: 11:38am On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

I really wonder why a woman should build enmity with a man when the relationship goes bad. Should every relationship lead into marriage especially when you know there is no compatibility. Even when the woman has an attitude problem and knows she's at fault, she still does not want to build a good friendship after the relationship ends.

Can someone please clear me on this?

With Naija babes, your relationship must end in marriage otherwise you are in trouble.
A babe once threatened me she would join witchcraft if i leave her alone.
I was like WTF!!!!!
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by indie22(f): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2010
We dont hate the man when things go sour, we'd rather not be friends with you at least for the first couple of months, It's part of the whole "getting over you' process.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by dokwesi(m): 11:51am On Jun 15, 2010
@ Creamish i definitely know that heart break is not peculiar to women alone. But would the bitterness/enmity heal the wounds of both parties? NEVER: Until we humans realize that the only way to heal faster is to become friends, then and only then could we advert resentment.

@ Missy, whatever the reason for the breakup- infidelity, dishonesty, attitude etc. Just know that no one would treat you the way you deserve. We could just try. Only & only you could treat yourself right. So try to erase such an idea.

Its just so funny that we xperience better relationships and still hold on to the pains someone caused us in time past. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by indie22(f): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

@ Creamish i definitely know that heart break is not peculiar to women alone. But would the bitterness/enmity heal the wounds of both parties? NEVER: Until we humans realize that the only way to heal faster is to become friends, then and only then could we advert resentment.

@ Missy, whatever the reason for the breakup- infidelity, dishonesty, attitude etc. Just know that no one would treat you the way you deserve. We could just try. Only & only you could treat yourself right. So try to erase such an idea.

Its just so funny that we xperience better relationships and still hold on to the pains someone caused us in time past. undecided undecided undecided

Ok, the bolded above has never worked for me, after break ups, there's usually a lot of crying and pain and all that wahala, so why would i want to be friends with the person causing it in the first place?
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by dokwesi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2010
iice:

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned grin

@topic. . .it swings both ways but i think it shows more with women because sometimes they are more invested, emotionally as well as mentally undecided

Me i'm all for friendship jare. . .if it's salvageable, if not. . .more time to go treasure hunting tongue

Babe i luv you gaan. Nice orientation

@ Souron. Even some naija babes would tell you that they would drink cement or acid if you dont get back into the relationship. My ex told me that we would be enemies for life it i dont give her a second chance. Meanwhili, i was the most unhappy fellow in the relationship.

@ Indie. But the getting over process could last a lyfetime right? wink. Now i see you have dat naija woman blood running thru ur vains. Leave d past behind you jare and become friends. grin
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Sauron1: 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

@ Souron. Even some naija babes would tell you that they would drink cement or acid if you dont get back into the relationship. My ex told me that we would be enemies for life it i dont give her a second chance. Meanwhili, i was the most unhappy fellow in the relationship.

Rofl.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by zap2(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2010
friendship after break-up is a kind of imported culture thing. i think we got it frm d west
Well, its gaining acceptance among us now. i think we see it as being matured.
i broke up with my girl , like 2 months ago over compatibility issues, we are still friends sha.
i thinks dats jus d best we cud offer each other.
Damn! i hate this emotions,
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by MissyB1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

@ Missy, Just know that no one would treat you the way you deserve.
False!!! If You cannot treat me right, it's Your fault not mine.
You cannot treat me badly or like an object and expect to be 'Friends' with me.

The grounds for  break up determines what comes afterwards.

dokwesi:

No one is holding on to anything.

X broke up with Y because of Genotype issues . . . .
X has no reason not to exchange pleasantries/ have a drink with Y once in a while.
They are not enemies . . . . They cannot be real friends either [ma Opinion].

X broke up with Y because Y cheats, disrespects and abuses her . . . .
X can choose not to exchange pleasantries or ''be Friends'' with Y.
Y treated X badly and therefore his hand of friendship shouldn't be accepted.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by segzicres(m): 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2010
b'cos they are too bum to understand that everything ends at some point.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ Poster: Parting ways has never been easy. Hating the man is our way of getting over and part of letting go process. With all the hurts and achings inside, to be friends with the person who broke your heart is the least to expect after the break-up. However, I still believe time will heal all the wounds and if both have moved on, that would be the right time to become friends.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by dokwesi(m): 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ Missy B. Babe your blood is hot maaam. If you had a way, you could snipe out a man who hurts you. So should your laws  also work for a man who gets hurt by a woman, or just for women alone?

Eyah:

@ Poster: Parting ways has never been easy. Hating the man is our way of getting over and part of letting go process. With all the hurts and achings inside, to be friends with the person who broke your heart is the least to expect after the break-up. However, I still believe time will heal all the wounds and if both have moved on, that would be the right time to become friends.

So until both parties move on right? Dont you get it? some people don't want to move on. Their life is: Its either you or no one else. That is why forgiveness and friendship is far from them.

How i wish men could really hate women that cheated on them or caused them pain
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

So until both parties move on right? Dont you get it? some people don't want to move on. Their life is: Its either you or no one else. That is why forgiveness and friendship is far from them.

How i wish men could really hate women that cheated on them or caused them pain

Different strokes for different folks. In my opinion, after the relationship ends, both parties needs TIME for them to forgive and become friends.

I don't agree in bolded parts.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by MissyB1(m): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

@ Missy B.  If you had a way, you could snipe out a man who hurts you. ?
If You say so!

dokwesi:

So should your laws  also work for a man who gets hurt by a woman, or just for women alone?
The former!
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by indie22(f): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
dokwesi:

Babe i luv you gaan. Nice orientation

@ Indie. But the getting over process could last a lyfetime right? wink. Now i see you have dat naija woman blood running thru your vains. Leave d past behind you jare and become friends. grin

If a relationship goes south and the man breaks up with me, (considering the reason for the breakup and how much in love i was with him) i dont want to smell or see him for the next couple of weeks/ months, its part of my own healing process, besides i dont want him trying to be friends with me, coz we we all know why guys do the whole ' we can still be friends thing'.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by dokwesi(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
[How i wish men could really hate women that cheated on them or caused them pain
I don't agree in bolded parts.  
[quote][/quote]

I intentionally said that. The way most women let the hell loose because a man hurt them cannot be measured. Its just as a result of ego and pride that allows men keep shut about theirs. If you can get a statistics of women that diss men on a daily basis either on the grounds of marriage or material things then you understand that we just need to take life the way it comes.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by 190: 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2010
lol @hate
every1 seems 2 have forgotten when there was love~
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2010

I intentionally said that. The way most women let the hell loose because a man hurt them cannot be measured. Its just as a result of ego and pride that allows men keep shut about theirs. If you can get a statistics of women that diss men on a daily basis either on the grounds of marriage or material things then you understand that we just need to take life the way it comes.

When relationship ends, its always the deepest cut and the pain is immeasurable irregardless of gender wink
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Pennywise(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
@OP
You 've a point. Some of the anger is misplaced and unnecessary however. You should be able to remain friends even when relationships grow cold. Relationships that grew cold are known to come alive again. So, why the anger?

Some guys dont make things easy the way they let go. They should learn to provide soft landing when they lose interest in a relationship.

The pain the girl feels sometimes is not because the relationship ended-usually the signs are always there long before. It is how they were let go. Guys should learn to be smart about this. Vice versa.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Pweety4me(f): 2:36pm On Jun 15, 2010
@OP Likewise cool tongue
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Ben13: 3:14pm On Jun 15, 2010
The men are loving with their heads, The Ladies Love with their heart. . .pathetic. cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Bonita(f): 4:06am On Jun 16, 2010
At Pennywise
You 've a point. Some of the anger is misplaced and unnecessary however. You should be able to remain friends even when relationships grow cold. Relationships that grew cold are known to come alive again. So, why the anger?

Some guys dont make things easy the way they let go. They should learn to provide soft landing when they lose interest in a relationship.

The pain the girl feels sometimes is not because the relationship ended-usually the signs are always there long before. It is how they were let go. Guys should learn to be smart about this. Vice versa.

Pennywise, you have a point at the bolded statement. I don't think we should be enemies. Infact, I would like my ex to keep in contact with me than not calling me at all. But, what I will not accept is you trying to get in bed with me. Men and women can be evil sha. I know every relationship should not end in marriage. That is the reason why you should make sure you and your partner are on the same page. You can't carry on a 4 years or more relationship with a girl and not expecting her to think it might/will end up in marriage. Therefore, tell whomever you are dating what your intentions are to avoid bad feeling at the end.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by sophy09: 5:13am On Jun 16, 2010
Depending on how you end the relationship, if it was on a bad note, then you do not need to be friends. As for me, I am still friends as in civil towards him. I have nothing against him.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Pennywise(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2010
Bonita:

Pennywise, you have a point at the bolded statement. I don't think we should be enemies. Infact, I would like my ex to keep in contact with me than not calling me at all.  But, what I will not accept is you trying to get in bed with me. Men and women can be evil sha. I know every relationship should not end in marriage. That is the reason why you should make sure you and your partner are on the same page. You can't carry on a 4 years or more relationship with a girl and not expecting her to think it might/will end up in marriage. Therefore, tell whomever you are dating what your intentions are to avoid bad feeling at the end.

Most guys wont accept that because they will feel it is wrong for one party to dictate the terms of their continued interaction. Which makes sense. Dont you think?
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by googles: 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
it depends on which side the coin landed on y' know. . . a guy who deeply hurts a girl can make her unforgiving and if u flip the coin

the other way too and a girl hurts a guy it could make him unforgiving. . . . personally i dont keep grudge with my exes am not one who bear unnecessary

grudges so i just let go i more of blot them outta my memory instead of carrying the anger around like a cross but then you know pple handle their business

differently
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Bonita(f): 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2010
Most guys wont accept that because they will feel it is wrong for one party to dictate the terms of their continued interaction. Which makes sense. Dont you think?

You are not serious right? Dictate ke? As in we are done. What part of we are just friend won't he get? If he wants to get in bed with me, then, he would have to continue the relationship on my terms. As in, I have friends and I don't get in bed with them and he is not an exception period. From what you are saying, it means he wants to be friends with benefits ( as in I don't have anything to do with my life).
What do you think?
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Pennywise(m): 3:19pm On Jun 16, 2010
Bonita:

You are not serious right? Dictate ke? As in we are done. What part of we are just friend won't he get? If he wants to get in bed with me, then, he would have to continue the relationship on my terms. As in, I have friends and I don't get in bed with them and he is not an exception period. From what you are saying, it means he wants to be friends with benefits ( as in I don't have anything to do with my life).
What do you think?

I think you would have succeeded in turning the table from a woman who hates to a man who hates when a relationship ends!

If you used to get down like 3 times a week you can downgrade to once a week that way there will be no hard feelings.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by Bonita(f): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2010
I think you would have succeeded in turning the table from a woman who hates to a man who hates when a relationship ends!

If you used to get down like 3 times a week you can downgrade to once a week that way there will be no hard feelings.

To me, there is nothing to downpaly. The only reason, I would even get down with an ex is only 'IF' I love him still and don't really want to let go ( which sucks because you are holding yourself down). There is no way you can guarantee that there will be no feelings developed if they have sex once a week or a month. So, it is a sticky situation.
Re: Why Do Women Hate When The Relationship Ends? by wifey2010: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
You cannot treat me badly and wish to be friends again. Not when the relationship ended because u were misbehaving wit oda women and i corrected u in luv, only for u to interprete it as nagging.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Love Bad Boys / Craziest Thing You Have Said To Appease Your Spouse / Visiting A Brothel Isn't Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.