Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,151 members, 7,957,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity (13968 Views)

Villagers Flock To Worship 5-Legged Mutant Cow In Thailand (Pictures) / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PENMIGHT(m): 10:25pm On Jul 22, 2018
yk2018:
I lost my elder brother today and my community Refused Us not to bring his body home for burial,99 percent of our villagers are Muslims, because we converted to Christianity after the death of our Father. I just don't know were to start, Because I know there is no law in Nigeria that ban freedom of worship. please pardon my grammatical errors, Please we need help on are to go about it.

I empathize with you on your loss.
However, the gullible ones are those who have commented just by believing in your post without deep reasoning.

In a community of 99% Muslims, it appears you are from the core north. If this is the case, it is established practice for Muslims and Northerners not to bury their dead ones in residential areas.

So, when you say ' home', were you referring to your private residence or to the community graveyard?

In Islamic Community (not necessarily as practiced by Northerners ), the non- Muslims are allotted their separate graveyards.

It is against the Islamic teaching to bury a non- Muslim in a Muslim burial ground and vice-versa.

They may also not be inclined to you burying him in your private residence because communal interest supersedes individual's.

You may be setting a bad precedence.

You may also have siblings who are still Muslims, hence, may not allow you and your dead brother such special dignifying privilege.

This is not to take away the right of your departed brother to be buried honorably and as soon as possible.

I will advice you go for a private cemetary.

There is no compulsion in religion!

Peace on him that follows the right guidance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
CandidNotes:

People deal with pain differently; this might be his only way to get relief. Let him be. U

you might be right i guess
Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 10:44pm On Jul 22, 2018
OP is from Delta state.

I'm interested to know what village in Delta state has majority of its people being Muslims.

To be frank, OP is a liar.

Mynd44 please lock this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 10:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
yk2018:
I lost my elder brother today and my community Refused Us not to bring his body home for burial,99 percent of our villagers are Muslims, because we converted to Christianity after the death of our Father. I just don't know were to start, Because I know there is no law in Nigeria that ban freedom of worship. please pardon my grammatical errors, Please we need help on are to go about it.

You are a liar.

3 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
OP is from Delta state.

I'm interested to know what village in Delta state that has majority of its people being Muslims.

To be frank, OP is a liar.

Mynd44 please lock this thread.

See him.

Once the news didn't favour them they'll start shouting and calling mods.

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2018
PointZerom:

See him.

Once the news didn't favour them they'll start shouting and calling mods.

Can you tell us anywhere in Delta state that is dominated by Muslims?

I know a lie when I see one.

Bloody liars.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you tell us anywhere in Delta state that is dominated by Muslims?
I know a lie when I see one.
Bloody liars.
Shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
PointZerom:

Shut up.

Sharap liar.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by domack99(m): 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2018
This is just another measure to instigate hatred against the Muslim, not good at all.

Little forensic study of the op thread and post shows his from south south.

His thread and post shows great hatred for Buhari (don't like is govt as well) and Muslim. This is not good hope, not good at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2018
domack99:
This is just another measure to instigate hatred against the Muslim, not good at all.

Little forensic study of the op thread and post shows his from south south.

His thread and post shows great hatred for Buhari (don't like is govt as well) and Muslim. This is not good hope, not good at all.

I am waiting for him to deny he's from Delta state.

The extent to which evil exists in some Nigerians is scary.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Sharap liar.

Open your mouth well.....

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:10pm On Jul 22, 2018
PointZerom:

Open your mouth well.....
For your slaves you often cc on every thread.

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

3 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=PointZerom post=69618836][/quote]

Your village head turned on his hotspot this evening.
grin
Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Cc madridguy sarrki buhariguy omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu cilicmarine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
PointZerom:

Cc madridguy sarrki buhariguy omenka yarimo yyeske liondeleo ngeneukwenu cilicmarine

E pain am.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:20pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

E pain am. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by GavelSlam: 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
Mynd44 lock the silly thread.
Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by PointZerom: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
Mynd44.

lol...E dey pain am pass

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yashedabai(m): 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2018
I dont know which benefit will someone drive for instigating hatred against certain religion or tribe by posting a fake information online. It is so pathetic that some folks with similar thoughs with the OP are out to buy the crap.....

God bless Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by Advans(m): 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2018
@ op. u said u are a christian. u lost ur brother today & u wan to bury him today. chai.... u no cook ds lie well oooo. Anyway we waiting for d name of the village, LGA & state. I smell hate speech

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by lilyheaven: 2:33am On Jul 23, 2018
Azmodan:
Sorry for your loss it is an extremely hard thing to bear

But why bring such a personal issue here ?

I don't understand why people do this
He is on a confused state and bereaved. Console him
Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by Academicwizman(m): 3:21am On Jul 23, 2018
yk2018:
I don't know whether this is true or not. If true, I sympathize with your family. However Nigerians should beware of people that are actively promoting dangerous hatred in the cyberspace because when it leads to a civil war, then we will realize how much harm we have done to ourselves and the innocent little one. Watch Hotel Rwanda and read stories about the Nigeria civil war and be guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by Amberon11: 5:19am On Jul 23, 2018
Why do Nigerians care so much about morality than the actual issue on ground.?

How has bringing the issue here disrupted your life? The op is grieving and needs advice on what to do, if you have no solutions to proffer, then just sit down quietly and observe.
Azmodan:
Sorry for your loss it is an extremely hard thing to bear

But why bring such a personal issue here ?

I don't understand why people do this

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by Amberon11: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2018
Shut up, Christians bury on the same day if the person was young.
Haykay77:

Idiot you want to get 100 likes, do Christians bury the dead the same day he died?

Don't create confusion here

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:13am On Jul 23, 2018
ednut1:
State the village name and state na
Edo state, Esako west local government area, Ikhua village, Jagbe clan

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:15am On Jul 23, 2018
ednut1:
State the village name and state na
Edo State, Esako west local government area, Ikhua village, Jagbe Clan

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2018
Advans:
@ op. u said u are a christian. u lost ur brother today & u wan to bury him today. chai.... u no cook ds lie well oooo. Anyway we waiting for d name of the village, LGA & state. I smell hate speech
Edo state, Esako west local govt area, Ikhua village. Some of tried to protest that we should keep him in the morgue for them to see reason with us, but our village meeting and uncle's that was present disagree with us

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2018
Kendumazy:
Let's know the village and the community. No way, you can get the attention of the state government without stating the village. My sincere condolences to you and your family though.

Cheap Samsung phones. Check my signature
I have modify my post

1 Like

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:22am On Jul 23, 2018
Academicwizman:

I don't know whether this is true or not. If true, I sympathize with your family. However Nigerians should beware of people that are actively promoting dangerous hatred in the cyberspace because when it leads to a civil war, then we will realize how much harm we have done to ourselves and the innocent little one. Watch Hotel Rwanda and read stories about the Nigeria civil war and be guided.
I want to get the attention of my state govt to correct the wrong, I don't want neither I or brothers to suffer the same issue again

2 Likes

Re: Villagers Refused Us To Bury Our Brother Because We Converted To Christianity by yk2018: 6:24am On Jul 23, 2018
yashedabai:
I dont know which benefit will someone drive for instigating hatred against certain religion or tribe by posting a fake information online. It is so pathetic that some folks with similar thoughs with the OP are out to buy the crap.....

God bless Nigeria
I created the thread not you, you are not in my position right now, it can happen to anybody. But wrong have to be corrected for future sake.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A True Christian Be Actively Involved In Nigeria Politics As It Is Today? / Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle Asks Buhari To Dialogue With Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.