Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,298 members, 7,853,385 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist (19917 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / Deborah: Why Do People Worship And Kill For Gods That Cannot Protect Them?? / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 10:44am On Jul 25, 2018
Only one or two atheists got the point of this thread and discussed in line with it. The rest are locked on to the "he's trying to convert us" mentality and are being unnecessarily defensive.

So disgraceful!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
If this happens today, it only means johnydon, dalaman, and Budaatum might think twice about their atheism. It would still be their subjective experience subject to ridicule and mockery from other atheists who did not experience it first hand.

For this to affect the beliefs of every atheist in the world, they'll all have to be present at such a scene and that's impossible.
But your god is omnipresent why should it be impossible to present evidence to every single atheist at the very same time

3 Likes

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2018
darkchild64:

But your god is omnipresent why should it be impossible to present evidence to every single atheist at the very same time
I haven't said anything about my God. I'm only giving replies to the evidence described by other atheists. I'm not here to tell you about my God or to provide evidence for anything. I hope you can understand.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:56am On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
I haven't said anything about my God. I'm only giving replies to the evidence described by other atheists. I'm not here to tell you about my God or to provide evidence for anything. I hope you can understand.
Op, which God are you talking of. Is it christian version?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Some just do copy and paste now from previous responses with the assumption that "its the same crap from theists" so no need to read or understand.

Makes the brain bleed.
That is why I speak the language of an atheist to an atheist and the language of God to a true believer.

What is the spirit of the language of atheism ?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Butterflyleo: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2018
ScienceWatch:
That is why I speak the language of an atheist to an atheist and the language of God to a true believer.

What is the spirit of the language of atheism ?

A spirit of confusion cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2018
darkchild64:

Why do atheists continually ask WinnerO1 such dumb questions ? God can never be fooled, He knows the vile hardened hearts of arrogant atheists.
The evidence is everywhere. Case closed dumber !

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

The Op is busy with more important issues but I will answer you if you will first tell me how you arrived at this childish question ?
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I've not said anything about any God. How difficult is this for you guys to understand.

I simply took johnydon22s question and subjected the answers therein to scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 11:45am On Jul 25, 2018
darkchild64:

Brain bleed as Butterflyleo aptly describes this line of foolish questions.
An Afrikaner will say, "Dit is uiters Kak."

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 11:53am On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
I begin this threads to spark discussions. Its not always my position is true, yours is a lie. Learn to be less defensive.

And your previous post was truly a pile of crap. That you predicted it does not mean it isn't.
Which part of "spark discussions" exactly does "your previous post was truly a pile of crap" come under again? You need to learn to stop hiding your intelligence winner01. You got quite a bit of it in there somewhere, I tell you. It shines through sometimes, then you go and muddy it up with your not so intelligent remarks! Just listen to yourself. Only you could claim "Its not always my position is true", tell another to be "less defensive", claim what another wrote is a "pile of crap" and believe you're not saying "yours is a lie"!

Please don't cc me in your ops. I see them anyway since I'm mentioned ('atheist'), in the topic, so you don't need to twice! Besides, you don't need my "crap" cluttering up your mind!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by dalaman: 11:57am On Jul 25, 2018
Darkchild64 you don enter wahala oo grin. The resident madman is on your case. grin
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
dalaman:
Darkchild64 you don enter wahala oo grin. The resident madman is on your case. grin

"Atheists Training MANUEL"

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
budaatum:

Which part of "spark discussions" exactly does "your previous post was truly a pile of crap" come under again? You need to learn to stop hiding your intelligence winner01. You got quite a bit of it in there somewhere, I tell you. It shines through sometimes, then you go and muddy it up with your not so intelligent remarks! Just listen to yourself. Only you could claim "Its not always my position is true", tell another to be "less defensive", claim what another wrote is a "pile of crap" and believe you're not saying "yours is a lie"!

Please don't cc me in your ops. I see them anyway since I'm mentioned ('atheist'), in the topic, so you don't need to twice! Besides, you don't need my "crap" cluttering up your mind!

Read this again:

I begin threads to spark discussions

I started this thread to spark discussions. Those who quickly grabbed the point either didn't comment or commented in line with the thread. Your post was a long pile of crap that had nothing to do with the thread I began.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by dalaman: 12:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

"Atheists Training MANUEL"

grin grin.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
If this happens today, it only means johnydon, dalaman, and Budaatum might think twice about their atheism. It would still be their subjective experience subject to ridicule and mockery from other atheists who did not experience it first hand.

For this to affect the beliefs of every atheist in the world, they'll all have to be present at such a scene and that's impossible.
And why, pray tell, would I be thinking twice when I am witness to the actual event itself!? Am I not an atheist who relies on evidence anymore? All of a sudden, evidence is before my eyes, and you call it "subjective experience subject to ridicule and mockery from other atheists" as if the opinion of other atheists would, or should actually make me deny what I saw?!

Why am I even obsessed with them all believing me when I tell them what I witnessed? What reason exactly would you think I'd have for that? The desire to make "other atheists who did not experience it first hand" my sheepie and buda the lord over them, perhaps? It's the only reason I can think of.

You use your religious lens to define atheists, winner01, and are unable to see us through a more objective lens!
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
Butterflyleo:

A spirit of confusion cheesy
Yes Yes ! Your awnser has very profound ramifications for humanity.
Just one more question if you don't mind. If atheists were once fish as the satanist Richard Dawkins proclaimed, then logically they would have EVOLVED to be better swimmers than fish. Why is this not true for atheists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2018
budaatum:

Am I not an atheist who relies on evidence anymore? All of a sudden, evidence is before my eyes, and you call it "subjective experience subject to ridicule and mockery from other atheists" as if the opinion of other atheists would, or should actually make me deny what I saw?!

Why am I even obsessed with them all believing me when I tell them what I witnessed?
Exactly why I don't care about the opinions of atheists. Case closed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by winner01(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
budaatum:

And why, pray tell, would I be thinking twice when I am witness to the actual event itself!? Am I not an atheist who relies on evidence anymore? All of a sudden, evidence is before my eyes, and you call it "subjective experience subject to ridicule and mockery from other atheists" as if the opinion of other atheists would, or should actually make me deny what I saw?!

Why am I even obsessed with them all believing me when I tell them what I witnessed? What reason exactly would you think I'd have for that? The desire to make "other atheists who did not experience it first hand" my sheepie and buda the lord over them, perhaps? It's the only reason I can think of.

You use your religious lens to define atheists, winner01, and are unable to see us through a more objective lens!
I didn't deny that such an experience could change you. As a matter of fact it's changed other atheists.

It will change you and you alone. And you dare not explain to other atheists the reason why you're changed simply because you'll be mocked and ridiculed.

And who says anything about obsession with believing? Why are you desperate to start new arguments that have nothing to do with the point of this thread? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by gabe: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
tintingz, johnydon22, superhumanist, cutemadridsta, hahn, gabe, DeSepiero, AnonyNymous and Budaatum can you attempt to answer the question johnydon asked.

Here's the question: What would serve as evidence for Gods existence to you?

Let's subject your evidences to test if indeed there are any smiley
You'll have to define God before we proceed.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2018
gabe:
You'll have to define God before we proceed.
Brilliant plan of action, I must admit.
You take the lead sir and define the God for us to disprove. Theists worldwide will love this.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by gabe: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Brilliant plan of action, I must admit.
You take the lead sir and define the God for us to disprove. Theists worldwide will love this.
The point I'm trying to make is the concept of God is impracticable to me. So you have to define the properties of what constitutes 'God' for you
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
I've not said anything about any God. How difficult is this for you guys to understand.

I simply took johnydons question and subjected the answers therein to scrutiny.
Okay.

But by definition, A god is more powerful than us mortals and should be able to do anything within his domain.
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by RuthlessLeader(m): 1:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
gabe:
The point I'm trying to make is the concept of God is impracticable to me. So you have to define the properties of what constitutes 'God' for you
He will use five paragraphs now.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
I didn't deny that such an experience could change you. As a matter of fact it's changed other atheists.

It will change you and you alone. And you dare not explain to other atheists the reason why you're changed simply because you'll be mocked and ridiculed.

And who says anything about obsession with believing? Why are you desperate to start new arguments that have nothing to do with the point of this thread? undecided
I don't mind being mocked and ridiculed! You've done it a lot on this thread and it hardly affects me. I can very safely say my bit and dust them of myself as I depart from them if the mockery gets out of hand.

I have no obsession to convert anyone by getting them to believe me. If an almighty god can bother to present me with evidence that is sufficient for me to know, then it can bloody well provide those other atheists with evidence that would make them know too, if it is that bothered!

What you completely miss is that I witnessed the evidence and know what I saw. So why would I be telling atheists like me to 'believe' what I saw and hence know when they were not privileged to have seen what I saw and know? Would I all of a sudden have forgotten that atheists are not believers, or something, and that they like their evidence, and for all they care, I might have been tripping on a overdose of heroin? If I forget that all of a sudden, then they should rightly mock and ridicule me, I'd deserve it!

1 Like

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by budaatum: 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
gabe:
Oh, you miss their point completely!

Since you refute the existence of their god, you must provide evidence that their god does not exist because the burden is on you, but before you begin, you must define the properties that constitutes their god that doesn't exist for them!

That is the entire premise of op's thread that he claims is not understood!

2 Likes

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:
Only one or two atheists got the point of this thread and discussed in line with it. The rest are locked on to the "he's trying to convert us" mentality and are being unnecessarily defensive.

So disgraceful!
Yes sir it is utterly disgraceful. That is why I have never and never will disobey the warning in the Holy Bible which says, "Do not throw your pearls of wisdom to the atheist swine, they will mock it, then turn to destroy you."

I was a member of a church that had a fake pastor with no spiritual initiation leading Christ's church which is supposed to be a spiritual training center. He forced the innocent congregation to bring lots of swine to fill his church to stroke his sad ambitions and steal the money. God will not stand by and be mocked. I witnessed the shocking consequences in that fake pastors life.

If we love this incredible Jesus Christ but have not entered deep enough for spiritual initiation, never claim positions of Shepard/pastor of a church.Be happy to evangelize and point people to all true initiated pastors where they will see evidence that your words and the gospels are practical and 100% accurate.

For true Christians, the evidence for God is evidence of the Word and the Spirit of God working as one to produce the miracles as evidence that every word of Jesus is reliable and true always.

Don't throw your pearls to the swine.
Get behind me Satan said Jesus when a man tried to confuse the truth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by gabe: 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, you miss their point completely!

Since you refute the existence of their god, you must provide evidence that their god does not exist because the burden is on you, but before you begin, you must define the properties that constitutes their god that doesn't exist for them!

That is the entire premise of op's thread that he claims is not understood!
lol ez not a small something...
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2018
winner01:

Fine if u say so,but I hope u understand exactly what you are saying and you stay true to it
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
dalaman:

I swear I no get time for such freaks
Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 1:52pm On Jul 25, 2018
gabe:
If the concept of God is impractical to you as you say, then why spend precious time on the impractical ?

My experience proved to me that the only people to have this type of discussion with are with those that have been initiated into the spiritual world of LIGHT, where atheists darkness can't reach.
I wish you all the best on your chosen spiritual path. There is no neutral path no matter how brilliant we believe we are in our deluded state of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing Will Serve As Evidence For Gods Existence To An Atheist by ScienceWatch: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
darkchild64:

I swear I no get time for such freaks
Butterflyleo offered up valuable time to heal the depravity of your thinking.
Read again below what he said to you on your topic about the soul;

"The problem I have with you atheists is that you know you are physical , and limited to your human senses yet you wish for someone to prove a spiritual thing to you while you are still limited to your human perception.

Stop asking questions you can never comprehend the answers you will get.

You who disbelieve that a soul exists, what proof do you have to disbelieve?"

And like your Atheists Training Manual teaches, you duck and dive then conjured up a magical dissapearing trick. I was left wondering if your Atheists Training Manual could actually give you the skills of satanic deception I observe in your arguments.

So I decided to study your Atheists Training Manual.that the esteemed Butterflyleo shared here. What did I find in that ancient piece of dark literature ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns / Pastor (Mrs) Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today / COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.