Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? (18627 Views)

How Long Does It Take For Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms To Stop? / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? / How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Trackango: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2018
sumesis30:
Good day people, I 've been an abuser of Tramadol for sometimes now and I decided to quit it 3 days ago. In so doing that, I have been going through hell by having an horrible pains of different types in which I almost tempted in taking the drug in order to relieve myself of the pains again but I resisted. Please, what are the remedies to ease these withdrawal symptoms?

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Stop-Taking-Tramadol%3famp=1
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by paroh137(m): 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
boolet:

Don't listen to him. You have decided to quit, just quit and don't go back to it. The withdrawal symptoms are the consequences of your bad choice. Live with it and fight the urge. You will overcome it. When I quit cigarettes 5 years ago, abruptly, my skin itched severely after I took a shower. This itching went on for more than a month but I didn't go back to pick a cigarette. Here I am today, 5 years and counting.

It's always the ignorant ones that have the loudest voices. Fam people have died because they stopped smoking or doing drugs abruptly. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean he should risk his life too. The experts have recommended slowly weaning yourself off of the abused substance, but no, it's you that knows best. Why do you think rehab is so expensive? They monitor these abusers every single day to ensure they don't suffer serious complications from quitting these things. Please try and educate yourself before you give life threatening advice online.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by sumesis30: 2:21pm On Jul 23, 2018
ovieokodhi:
Bro I believe is just determination, was into it for over 5yrs thought I would do nothing without it, when I say I was addicted I was.. I take 12-15 tabs of 225mg daily, but when I made up my mind to stop I did, I refused every urge, changed my friends circle and went closer to God and it like 2 months now I haven't taken it, right now the sight of it alone gives me fever
How were you able to overcome the acute withdrawal symptoms like insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, muscles pain, hot and cold flashes, stomach cramping and the likes? And at what duration did it take you to overcome them? 'Cos a user of high doses like you would go through hell in the course of the withdrawal symptoms. I learned that I could adopt tapering in avoiding or minimizing the symptoms in the long run. How true is this?

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by ebig21(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
please don't take tramadol again, once you have made up your mind don't go back. buy sudrex paracetamol for constant headache, buy multivitamin to increase your immune system, buy diezapam for anxiety and restless leg, exercise yourself very well in the evening no matter how tired you seem, buy lucozade boost and hollandia yoghurt, get movies to watch, don't force yourself to sleep, sleep only when you are very tired after the work out. that's what I did when I stopped mine, I have gone one year now. please don't take alcohol it will make you uncomfortable, you can smoke cigarette, but don't smoke it at night because it increase insomnia, once it's six in the evening don't smoke again. tnx

modified: take oral rehydration therapy, for bowel movement, please exercise very well it's very important, once it's 1:00 am in the night, off your phone ,take your sudrex paracetamol two tablets, lie down and rest,even if not sleep. if you stop it without taking drugs to counter the withdrawal symptoms, you might die or you may have mental relapse due to lack of sleep, I'm not trying to scare you. I have a friend who ran mad and burnt his room because of the withdrawal, eat very well.if the insomnia persist take cen pain night to sleep.

2 Likes

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by T051N(m): 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
Reduce your intake, drink lots of water, you could break the 200mg into 2, then days later into four,.. its a gradual process...don't worry, you won't die
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by eddyline(m): 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
sumesis30:
Good day people, I 've been an abuser of Tramadol for sometimes now and I decided to quit it 3 days ago. In so doing that, I have been going through hell by having an horrible pains of different types in which I almost tempted in taking the drug in order to relieve myself of the pains again but I resisted. Please, what are the remedies to ease these withdrawal symptoms?
if you try stopping abruptly, you may experience serious withdrawal syndrome which may even include serious convulsions. to stop, gradually reduce the quantity you take slowly over a period of say 1 month. e.g if you take 10 caps daily, reduce to 8 per day for 1 week, the next week 6 per day in that fashion until you finally stop
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Saff:
how far with the smoking hun?
I'm getting there, one day at a time
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by sumesis30: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
AdeMavrodi:
How do you know what you are experiencing is specifically called withdrawal symptoms?
'Cos I googled about it to know much about it
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by ovieokodhi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
sumesis30:
How were you able to overcome the acute withdrawal symptoms like insomnia, restlessness, anxiety, muscles pain, hot and cold flashes, stomach cramping and the likes? And at what duration did it take you to overcome them? 'Cos a user of high doses like you would go through hell in the course of the withdrawal symptoms. I learned that I could adopt tapering in avoiding or minimizing the symptoms in the long run. How true is this?
like all symptoms you mentioned I went Tru most notably the insomnia, so I started using piriton for the first 3 days but I wanted to stay away from drugs I stopped the piriton and a times my eyes would be wide open almost all Tru the night and you find me sleeping at work I endured the embarrassment sleeping while at work cost me but in 2 wks my system was re-adapting.. Like I said with prayers God knew my heart I wanted to stop cos I never read the content until the day I saw it contains hydrogen chloride bros na acid bdat o

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by olurili(m): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
[quote author=osazsky post=69631982]call me on my mobile if u want herbal remedy that will cure it and stop it permanently ,no side effect,for only serious persons who intend to stop tramadol addiction

where is ur number?
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Flexy34: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
There is something you show first, tramadol withdrawal symptoms is totally different from cigarettes. If you have been on the pills for long anytime you stay off it you fall sick, and If you go back to it your recovery is instant.
If you really want to stop it you need a strong will and you should b ready to compromise. I took tramadol 7years of my life and I have been off it over a year now.
How did I stop ?
I didn’t want to go through d withdrawal symptoms so I started reducing my dose . I could break a tablet of 225mg into 8 pieces and take one maybe every 2days when I feel dull. I kept breaking down d dose that at some point I just need my tongue to feel d dust.
Overtime I didn’t feel so bad when u don’t take it .
Note that for this to work you should Av a good enough reason to stop and u don’t want to feel sick.
God bless

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by olurili(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
ovieokodhi:
like all symptoms you mentioned I went Tru most notably the insomnia, so I started using piriton for the first 3 days but I wanted to stay away from drugs I stopped the piriton and a times my eyes would be wide open almost all Tru the night and you find me sleeping at work I endured the embarrassment sleeping while at work cost me but in 2 wks my system was re-adapting.. Like I said with prayers God knew my heart I wanted to stop cos I never read the content until the day I saw it contains hydrogen chloride bros na acid bdat o

i swear this is exactly what am going through now
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Adebash01(m): 3:00pm On Jul 23, 2018
bro, Tramadol is very terrible you can't withdraw from it just like that without facing the withdrawal symptoms, but if you truly want to withdraw from it what you will do is that if you are taking 5 tablet before try to reduced it to 3 or 2 and you will take this for some days or month, and after that you will still reduced it to 1 and half and you will still continued with this for some days or month, and after that you will still reduced it to 1 tablet and still continued with it for some time, so after that you will now reduced it to half, but during the time you are doing this, don't ever see it as you are doing a bad thing just have it in mind that you are about to quit it and you can't still get yourself a bottle of blood tonic and continued taking it with that half of the tram, with some time your body will adapt and restored back to normal position and you won't even bother to take the tram again, just try it and you will thank me later, I have been in your shoes before.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by boolet: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2018
paroh137:

It's always the ignorant ones that have the loudest voices. Fam people have died because they stopped smoking or doing drugs abruptly. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean he should risk his life too. The experts have recommended slowly weaning yourself off of the abused substance, but no, it's you that knows best. Why do you think rehab is so expensive? They monitor these abusers every single day to ensure they don't suffer serious complications from quitting these things. Please try and educate yourself before you give life threatening advice online.
In that case he should go to the experts not a forum. Besides I don't need to educate myself about nothing. He has family, friends, in real life. On this forum I just gave my 2 cents that I am entitled to. Peace out!
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 23, 2018
boolet:

I understand what you are driving at. However, alchoholism may have the most harmful or fatal withdrawal symptoms. Even cocaine only makes you feel uncomfortable and can not kill. And why would you berate cigarettes? It is as much an addictive and harmful substance as any drug. I know what I am talking about, quit if you want to quit (for any addict). If you can not quit on your own, seek the help of professionals. Nevertheless, if there is a will there is a way.
you are still missing my point. you have done well with this write up sir but you cannot quit certain things abruptly like you did with cigarettes. there are dire consequences. that's what I'm trying to say...one of the symptoms for tram is hallucinations and body pains amongst others. but it's OK. I understand you might not be medically inclined hence your kind of advice.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by toocoded: 3:27pm On Jul 23, 2018
eezeribe:
Replace the tramadol addiction with Indian hemp or masturbation.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by femi2131: 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2018
This is a true life encounter.... It took me several months asking what I can use so as not to use it again.....it got to a time in my life that I can't talk or do anything except I take tramadol infact I took 400-500mg every day.....until God used my lover for me....for over 4years that have been taking it...nobody knows I used to take it.....this lady has been seeing the empty sachet and she used to keep it....until one faithful day she sat me down cos she has a vital knowledge about it and showed those sachet to me and advise me not to take it...with a smile on her face I promised myself not to....is getting to a year now have not taken it.....infact have forgotten how it feels to take it......I love that babe no b small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by propanet(m): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
ameri9ja:
Fast FP indeed!
OP what are these withdrawal symptoms?
In US tramadol is nothing. I was prescribed it once. It is just a mild pain reliever. The serious ones are morphine, oxycodone, vicodene, percocert and such. I don't understand how tramadol is a big deal in 9ja??
Or is it a different kind of tramadol??
Don't mind Nigerians...they are known for Making a mountain out of a molehill. Like you rightly said, Tramadol is just a simple analgesic that can trigger a mild level of dopaminergic effect or sensation... That is the reason behind the abuse and hence the almighty erroneous epistle that people are propagating

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2018
Nothing to say
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by boolet: 4:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
OneSentence:

you are still missing my point. you have done well with this write up sir but you cannot quit certain things abruptly like you did with cigarettes. there are dire consequences. that's what I'm trying to say...one of the symptoms for tram is hallucinations and body pains amongst others. but it's OK. I understand you might not be medically inclined hence your kind of advice.
I agree with you. The questions are "will the episodes pass?" Or "Will he have to deal with the symptoms forever?"
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Diso60090(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2018
ovieokodhi:
Bro I believe is just determination, was into it for over 5yrs thought I would do nothing without it, when I say I was addicted I was.. I take 12-15 tabs of 225mg daily, but when I made up my mind to stop I did, I refused every urge, changed my friends circle and went closer to God and it like 2 months now I haven't taken it, right now the sight of it alone gives me fever

Thank God for your previous stupid life
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Taiwx(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Drug when don costundecided
.....na only 1 G dey sell for my area

#500=1 caplet of 200mg shockedshocked

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Wiinnd(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
With that ur siggy?? undecided undecided
b0rn2fuck:
good advice, for me to stop smoking, I change friends circle and change of environment stop me from visiting brothels, environment and friends circle have huge impact in determination of one life, it's difficult living in ajugunle and expected to act like island

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by pathneluti(m): 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2018
MobileGees:

so you withdrew because of aftermath effects

weakness disgusts me.

na one thing go still kill man

so its better to be killed by what you love
so na hard drug u wan mk e kill u....... Am nt ready 2 yet and hard drug shouldnt b my thing afterall.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Icon79(m): 6:26pm On Jul 23, 2018
I don't know about drugs .... never met anyone, but the people I know who tried to quit masturbation by reducing the dosage - eg, going from twice per day to once per day ... down to once per week, were never successful. Hence, in that instance, I would recommend quitting cold turkey and dealing with the withdrawal syndrome. But what do I know ... I've never been in his shoes.

But, all in all, the easiest and most sure way to break any addiction in somebody's life is through prayers (deliverance). The Spirit of the living God has the power to break any addiction in your life. I have seen that happen again and again.

O pari

Earthbound:
Simple. Either you stop cold turkey or you reduce your dosage gradually until you stop. If you need to quit an addiction, you need guts (I've learned so far).
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by dyangprof(m): 6:30pm On Jul 23, 2018
eezeribe:
Replace the tramadol addiction with Indian hemp, codeine or masturbation.

I think Schrooches will be better fa d replacement.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by DKM123: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2018
I hope you are able to get out of this bondage. It is a WISE decision and I sincerely I believe you can and you will. Wish you the best, bro.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2018
muyoge:
What puts a man in bondage is when he believes the lie his emotions tell him. Your feelings are your emotions. Emotions if not tamed will always put you in trouble.

A person who sleeps with his neighbour's wife or husband knows that is not right but the sensual pleasure he will derive from the ungodly act will definitely paralyse the will not to do so unless he is disciplined.

To break any addiction, the mind(intellect) must have enough strength to control your emotions. You should understand the reasons you should not continue in the act. I can't just tell you to stop taking it because it is bad. Breaking addictions doesn't often work like that. I should be able to tell you concrete reasons why it's bad.

When the reasons why you should not indulge in the act sink into consciousness, your mind will be empowered to keep your emotions down. Understand that the cravings are coming from your emotions which only want the sensual pleasure from the drugs.

You can break free today after you know about 1001 reasons you should not take the drug.
what you wrote is funny. you're denying the problem even when its obvious there is a problen
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by DKM123: 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
MobileGees:

so you withdrew because of aftermath effects

weakness disgusts me.

na one thing go still kill man

so its better to be killed by what you love

But you are the weak one na, that is why you RELY ON A CHEAP ASS DRUG to go about your normal life. I mean, how does being CONTROLLED by a #500 drug (or any other drug for that matter) make you a strong person? undecided

You started taking it because you were WEAK enough to fall for peer pressure or you were too WEAK to bear life challenges without the use of a drug. undecided

If a person wants to stop using his money to buy such crap, who are you to call him weak for making that decision?!

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Donsammi(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2018
boolet:

Don't listen to him. You have decided to quit, just quit and don't go back to it. The withdrawal symptoms are the consequences of your bad choice. Live with it and fight the urge. You will overcome it. When I quit cigarettes 5 years ago, abruptly, my skin itched severely after I took a shower. This itching went on for more than a month but I didn't go back to pick a cigarette. Here I am today, 5 years and counting.

you didn't understand what that dude meant by tampering it down.

he has been abusing it for long and his system and nerves are used to it and they need it to function.

stopping it at a stretch like how you did to ur cigarettes will kill him
stopping it at a stretch (called cold turkey in medical term)
will kill him

he should tamper it by reducing the doses he takes till it's 50mg and he should stop
tampering it means if he takes 5 X 200mg a day
he should start taking 2x 200mg a week.
next week
200mg only for a week

then next
he should divide the 200mg into half
till it reaches 50mg and he should stop and take feverish/malaria medicine
because he will have a fever symptom
and it's cleared from his body system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by MobileGees: 7:22pm On Jul 23, 2018
DKM123:

But you are weak na, that is why you RELY ON A CHEAP ASS DRUG to go about your normal life. I mean, how does being CONTROLLED by a #500 drug (or any other drug for that matter) make you a strong person? undecided

You started taking it because you were WEAK enough to fall for peer pressure or you were too WEAK to bear life challenges without the use of a drug. undecided

If a person wants to stop using his money to buy such crap, who are you to call him weak for making that decision?!

cry cry cry
I read your post and even if I hate to admit it, you are right, this post just changed my entire perception of hard drugs.

I'm going to start withdrawal tommorow by God's grace thanks bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GLYCOLIC ACID, LACTIC ACID & RETIN A (TRETINION) AVAILABLE IN NIGERIA LADYFEJ / Important Health Benefits Of Cashew Nuts You Should Know / Unpaid Salaries: Osun Doctors In Street Protest Against Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.