Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,043 members, 7,825,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? (18661 Views)

How Long Does It Take For Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms To Stop? / Can Marijuana Helps In Weaning Off Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms??? / How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by boolet: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2018
Donsammi:

you didn't understand what that dude meant by tampering it down.

he has been abusing it for long and his system and nerves are used to it and they need it to function.

stopping it at a stretch like how you did to ur cigarettes will kill him
stopping it at a stretch (called cold turkey in medical term)
will kill him

he should tamper it by reducing the doses he takes till it's 50mg and he should stop
tampering it means if he takes 5 X 200mg a day
he should start taking 2x 200mg a week.
next week
200mg only for a week

then next
he should divide the 200mg into half
till it reaches 50mg and he should stop and take feverish/malaria medicine
because he will have a fever symptom
and it's cleared from his body system.

Makes sense.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Dollarship(m): 7:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
MobileGees:
I love Tramadol with all my whole heart nothing can make me withdraw angry

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by bionixs: 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2018
eezeribe:
Replace the tramadol addiction with Indian hemp, codeine or masturbation.
boko haram sighted
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by steam74: 6:26am On Jul 24, 2018
ameri9ja:
Fast FP indeed!
OP what are these withdrawal symptoms?
In US tramadol is nothing. I was prescribed it once. It is just a mild pain reliever. The serious ones are morphine, oxycodone, vicodene, percocert and such. I don't understand how tramadol is a big deal in 9ja??
Or is it a different kind of tramadol??

When you take a minimum of 12 200mg tabs a day, it becomes something.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by veesion: 6:48am On Jul 24, 2018
muyoge:
What puts a man in bondage is when he believes the lie his emotions tell him. Your feelings are your emotions. Emotions if not tamed will always put you in trouble.

A person who sleeps with his neighbour's wife or husband knows that is not right but the sensual pleasure he will derive from the ungodly act will definitely paralyse the will not to do so unless he is disciplined.

To break any addiction, the mind(intellect) must have enough strength to control your emotions. You should understand the reasons you should not continue in the act. I can't just tell you to stop taking it because it is bad. Breaking addictions doesn't often work like that. I should be able to tell you concrete reasons why it's bad.

When the reasons why you should not indulge in the act sink into consciousness, your mind will be empowered to keep your emotions down. Understand that the cravings are coming from your emotions which only want the sensual pleasure from the drugs.

You can break free today after you know about 1001 reasons you should not take the drug.
GOOD WRITING U JUST NAILED IT FOR HIM,OYA OP IT IS UP TO YOU

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by abbeyloyee(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2018
you4me:
Anytime you feel the urge urinate in cup and sip slowly it will help

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Sike(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Consult your doctor ASAP
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by Originalsly: 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
paroh137:

It's always the ignorant ones that have the loudest voices. Fam people have died because they stopped smoking or doing drugs abruptly. Just because it worked for you doesn't mean he should risk his life too. The experts have recommended slowly weaning yourself off of the abused substance, but no, it's you that knows best. Why do you think rehab is so expensive? They monitor these abusers every single day to ensure they don't suffer serious complications from quitting these things. Please try and educate yourself before you give life threatening advice online.
Bro...don't be scaring the guy about quitting cold turkey. Most people don't because they don't have the will power nor the determination to withstand the withdrawal effects. Don't people stop cold turkey?... do you realize the 'experts' are basically salesmen for the pharmaceutical companies? Gradually cut down the dosage....money is still rolling in. Heroine....gradual withdrawal...they give methadone. ..replacing one addictive drug with another...cigarettes...quit smoking...use the patch. ..another way of giving you nicotine. If the bro can stop cold turkey...he should...quit drugs period...prescription or not.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by jaymichael(m): 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2019
ovieokodhi:
Bro I believe is just determination, was into it for over 5yrs thought I would do nothing without it, when I say I was addicted I was.. I take 12-15 tabs of 225mg daily, but when I made up my mind to stop I did, I refused every urge, changed my friends circle and went closer to God and it like 2 months now I haven't taken it, right now the sight of it alone gives me fever
JESUS IS LORD! 12-15 TABS of 225mg daily? I follow you thank God for your life. You tried very well to overcome the withdrawal symptoms, headaches, chronic aches and pains, nausea, fever, agitations, insomnia etc. I take one 120mg or half tablet of 225mg tablet mostly for pain and work related stress rarely recreational. Some days I don't take it and If I take it, it is mostly once a day rarely twice. Never ever taken two 225mg before. I fear drug abuse, I know the implications as my mother was a Nurse.
One friday, I was having some aches and pains and I bought a half sachet 120mg capsules which turned out to be fake. It didn't work and the pains increased all through Saturday and Sunday with some feelings which I had mentioned earlier. I was in the church on Sunday evening when I googled "tramadol and opiod anagelstic withdrawal symptoms" Could you believe that about half of the symptoms I was feeling was stated as the symptoms of withdrawal. I later concluded that the aches and pains I feel may not even be work or stress related but as a result of the body responding to the opiate withdrawal. I also read that the feeling should be expected for about a week. There and then I made up my mind to stay away from any narcotic analgesic. I countered the pains with Paracetamol and Ibucap.
Today I feel much better as the symptoms have reduced by about 80%
If someone like me that didn't abuse tramadol or use it for strictly recreational purposes can suffer mild withdrawal symptoms, I can't even phantom what you must have been through especially the first week. The opium in tramadol and other narcotic analgesics just tricks your brain and system that it needs it to survive and function. If you don't engage in stressful activities or have any pains and you don't it, it creates its own pains for you to continue using the drugs. Knowledge also helps to stay off it. I can say I could stop it abruptly because I take in small dose only when in severe pain and stress.
Once again, I thank God for your life as not everyone will be as lucky as you.

1 Like

Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by jaymichael(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
muyoge:
What puts a man in bondage is when he believes the lie his emotions tell him. Your feelings are your emotions. Emotions if not tamed will always put you in trouble.

A person who sleeps with his neighbour's wife or husband knows that is not right but the sensual pleasure he will derive from the ungodly act will definitely paralyse the will not to do so unless he is disciplined.

To break any addiction, the mind(intellect) must have enough strength to control your emotions. You should understand the reasons you should not continue in the act. I can't just tell you to stop taking it because it is bad. Breaking addictions doesn't often work like that. I should be able to tell you concrete reasons why it's bad.

When the reasons why you should not indulge in the act sink into consciousness, your mind will be empowered to keep your emotions down. Understand that the cravings are coming from your emotions which only want the sensual pleasure from the drugs.

You can break free today after you know about 1001 reasons you should not take the drug.
Withdrawal symptoms from Narcortic analgesics or any opiates or opium based drugs is more physical than psychological. Read my last reply a guy's post where I wrote about the withdrawal symptoms of tramadol. If you can take care of the physical symptoms, your withdrawal problems are 75% solved. Despite I didn't abuse tramadol, It was recommended to me when I had a small okada accident and the pain on my small toe was making it almost impossible for me to walk. I experience painful withdrawal symptoms when I wanted to stop taking it. It was knowledge based decision that I took that made me stopped taking tramadol abruptly for pains. I countered the withdrawal pains with other analgesics like paracetamol and ibucap which are not narcotic or opiod based analgesics. The withdrawal symptoms will not make you want to go back once you have psychologically decided to withdraw.
Re: How To Overcome Tramadol Withdrawal Symptoms? by jaymichael(m): 5:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
MobileGees:
I love Tramadol with all my whole heart nothing can make me withdraw angry
lol >smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canyearn Digital Ultrasound Scan Machine / Death Of UNIBEN Student At UBTH Sparks Students Protest (Photo) / Pharmacist Raises Alarm Over Fake Anti-malaria Drug In Circulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.