Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Modern Day Relationship!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Modern Day Relationship!!! (2819 Views)

Question Of The Day : Relationship Question??? / Why You Should Fear Modern Day Girls: My Story / Which Is Better Between Olden Days Marriage And Modern Day Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2018
Have you noticed that almost all the modern day relationships are the same? There are some
exceptions but a lot of people are still in a toxic relationship. The worst part is that they all assume that it’s normal. It’s a delusional way of thinking but it exists. Those people tend to give advice to others and it mostly doesn’t make any sense. The best worst advice that I’ve ever had was this: “you only know if you’re in a good relationship if you’re fighting/arguing all the time.” I responded that I didn’t want a good relationship if that was an indicator of the quality of the relation. I seriously even wonder how you can believe such a quote. That doesn’t sound right does it? But then it struck me. I suddenly realized where this misconception came from.

Most people in relationships don’t know any better
Most people don’t excel at anything but they’re all pros in following the herd. They just do what others do and they all look at the wrong relationships. But you can’t know what a good relationship is if you’re not surrounded by them. That’s the law of attraction that comes into to play . You attract what you are and some people attract really bad people. Those are the ones who’ll claim that you’ve got to fight a lot to have a great relationship. Spoiler alert that’s not the case!

The relationships are stuck in a rut

People tend to do less effort as soon as they got what they want. You see this in relations as well. People do less and less effort for each other as time progresses and that’s when it all goes downhill. Most people do effort one day a year and that’s on Valentine’s Day. Someone really smart probably noticed that relations go downhill and decided to make some money off it.

So what about the other days Alex? Well they just do the same as most people. Most people live next to each other.

You might be comfortable in this situation but you’ll gain nothing if you stay in it. Well you’ll gain frustration and stuff like that. Love is a verb not a feeling.

I like it the other way around: do effort 364 days a year and have an argument on Valentine’s Day (we all need an off day!). That’s how it should be. Just do the complete opposite and treat every day like Valentine’s Day. Or you could treat every day like the first date. That’s the martial arts mentality that everybody should possess.

Will it be hard? Yes but it’ll be worth it in the long run.

Take notes because hard work pays!

Most relationships went way too fast

I once wrote a dating guide and people were surprised by my approach. They were surprised because they all have the same approach. They get together as soon as possible without even knowing each other and then they are surprised that things don’t work out. Most people make a major mistake when it comes to dating and that’s how they approach the living together part as well. It’s not about the person you can live with but the person you can’t live without. But some people even take it up a notch.

Unhappiness makes you do crazy stupid shit
People who’re unhappy make some weird decisions. They decide to start a family instead of breaking up. They don’t get that some people just aren’t the right match. Or they don’t get that they’ll have to resolve a lot before they should even consider starting a family. These people assume that outside factors like kids or travelling will save their relationship. But that’s far from true since travelling can be a form of escapism. It might be better in a foreign country but you’ll soon be back to the “normal way of living”. It all has to come from inside of you and your partner not from a fancy trip.

Can’t be alone? Your relationship is doomed
Most people want something as fast as possible. So they become single and look for a relationship as fast as possible. They don’t get that you’re always with 2 in a relationship and that blaming the other won’t help. You’re about to enter a pattern where you’ll constantly date the wrong people. I knew a guy and he claimed that all his exes were crazy. They acted normal in the beginning but all turned crazy after a while. They didn’t know each other so what did they have in common? All these girls had him in common, he was the one who enforced this behavior and he didn’t even get it. He should have stayed alone for a while things out. He didn’t get it back then and I’m sure that he still doesn’t get it now either. He kept on blaiming others instead of working on himself.

Other people stay in a relation because they’re afraid that they won’t find someone else. So they choose to be unhappy together instead of happy alone and eventually happy together.

All because they can’t leave their comfort zone. Fear paralyzes people big time. Some are even afraid that people will hate them because they’re getting out of a relationship. Why would you stay in an extremely toxic relationship? Because other people have an opinion? Learn to master the art of not giving a flying Bleep and your life will be a lot better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 24, 2018
No summary?

Martin are u the one wacking garri this early morning?
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:36am On Jul 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
No summary?
Martin are u the one wacking garri this early morning?
My dear, join eat the garri ooo, e don dey hungry person since ooo...
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2018
Modern day relationship is what I theme FO_BID.

With the many means of communication these days yet distance relationship cannot survive.

I noticed that most people soon as they change environment, they change their partners as well.

In the days of old that people only depend on letter writing, our parents were able to keep a distance relationship and it survives.

I know a man who told me during his youthful age, he went abroad to study and left his bae behind.

The only wrote each other via letter once in six months and he still came back to marry her.

In present day, the moment a guy/lady leaves the environment, he/she would find a new love in his/her new environment.

Relationship these days sucks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 24, 2018
My very good friend told me and some friendsabout the problem he was having with his babe. He actually told me that the girl tried to poison him and he was looking for a way out of the relationship that won't make the girl angry because she could really hurt him. We all tried to help but at the end, he made up his mind to stay because he felt they were all like that. His exact words were; "Finally, all of them dey like that"

Imagine my shock.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:44am On Jul 24, 2018
Admin401:
My very good friend told me and some friendsabout the problem he was having with his babe. He actually told me that the girl tried to poison him and he was looking for a way out of the relationship that won't make the girl angry because she could really hurt him. We all tried to help but at the end, he made up his mind to stay because he felt they were all like that. His exact words were; "Finally, all of them dey like that"

Imagine my shock.

Yeah! All them are like that..

Better to stay single and be happy than get trapped in that old game called relationship.

Women in general are dream killers..
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:44am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:
Modern day relationship is what I theme FO_BID.

With the many means of communication these days yet distance relationship cannot survive.

I noticed that most people soon as they change environment, they change their partners as well.

In the days of old that people only depend on letter writing, our parents were able to keep a distance relationship and it survives.

I know a man who told me during his youthful age, he went abroad to study and left his bae behind.

The only wrote each other via letter once in six months and he still came back to marry her.

In present day, the moment a guy/lady leaves the environment, he/she would find a new love in his/her new environment.

Relationship these days sucks..

I agree to your opinion, but remember say them get things wey dey make distance relationships nor work oo!
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Admin401:

Imagine my shock.

The modern day relationship for you!!!
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Better to stay single and be happy than get trapped in that old game called relationship.

Not all women. Most girls are but not all.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

why you talk say them be dream killer's!!!
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:47am On Jul 24, 2018
Admin401:

correct, nai make me ask am my question oo
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

I agree to your opinion, but remember say them get things wey dey make distance relationships nor work oo!

Two major keys to a perfect distance relationship is COMMUNICATION AND TRUST.

These days no trust anymore.
Young ladies have turned to cheap prostitutes carried away my material things.

With the many means of communication including video chatting, I see no reason why someone should see a distance relationship as a tough task.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Admin401:

ALL

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:53am On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

why you talk say them be dream killer's!!!

Experience is the best teacher.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

ALL

What about successful men that have been married for years? The truth is that there are good women out there but its soo rare it feels like they don't exist.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Two major keys to a perfect distance relationship is COMMUNICATION AND TRUST.

These days no trust anymore.
Young ladies have turned to cheap prostitutes carried away my material things.

With the many means of communication including video chatting, I see no reason why someone should see a distance relationship as a tough task.

see like u said!

if communication nor dey and trust, bloda nothing go sup for dia oo, scrash my back and I scratch urs...

See e get one of my darling female friend,this girl was residing in em what that country called again yeah yeah Kosovo or kosvo something I think any of that word is the name of the country ,and her boyfriend as una dey call am, was here, we both worked together, pack shiits together and offcurse we still dey work together til now... Do you know that him and this my darling friend are planing to get married anytime soon! This relationship don pass 8Year's now ooo
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Experience is the best teacher.
eheh OK oo I agree to this saying sha
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 8:58am On Jul 24, 2018
Admin401:

What about successful men that have been married for years? The truth is that there are good women out there but its soo rare it feels like they don't exist.

It is because they got married to women of old which are our mothers.

Modern day ladies are useless.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

see like u said!

if communication nor dey and trust, bloda nothing go sup for dia oo, scrash my back and I scratch urs...

See e get one of my darling female friend,this girl was residing in em what that country called again yeah yeah Kosovo or kosvo something I think any of that word is the name of the country ,and her boyfriend as una dey call am, was here, we both worked together, pack shiits together and offcurse we still dey work together til now... Do you know that him and this my darling friend are planing to get married anytime soon! This relationship don pass 8Year's now ooo

If the lady was born from the 80s, best believe she's bleeping wherever she is.

I don't trust these ho.es
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

If the lady was born from the 80s, best believe she's bleeping wherever she is.

I don't trust these ho.es

eh na wa ooo, you most have been dealt with for you not to trust again
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by abdeiz(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
The modern day relationship indeed, i dont even know what to classify it as anymore, my own just dey there i am trying to be caring, affectionate and the likes but it seems without that money factor you are damn wasting your time, never invest emotionally in a relationship when you dont have enough bar.

As a guy loving more than the girl is a suicide pact, once she notices that all their effort in the relationship stops. This thing called love heh abi na emotional torture, how does one disinfect thyself from it biko? undecided undecided cry

2 Likes

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

eh na wa ooo, you most have been dealt with for you not to trust again

Not really about bin dealt wit tho. But it's what's happenin.

Our ladies have reduced themselves so low.

They fvck around married ones not exmpted.

Never trust a lady..

If there's any lady u know and can bet wit ur life dat no matta whatevr situation she can never misbehav pls kindly send me her contact then after 3weeks I will sceenshot my convo with her to u.

There u will knw dat ALL ladies are prostitutes.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Not really about bin dealt tho. But it's what's happenin.

Never trust a lady..
We all know men are the worst but then what can we do? We just pray for the best.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
We all know men are the worst but then what can we do? We just pray for the best.
not all men.. I'm excptonal
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Never trust a lady..

If there's any lady u know and can bet wit ur life dat no matta whatevr situation she can never misbehav pls kindly send me her contact then after 3weeks I will sceenshot my convo with her to u.

really, please for the last time I will ask you, did you say all ladies are prostitutes

Be very sure of what you saying!!

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:
not all men.. I'm excptonal
Thats good.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
abdeiz:
The modern day relationship indeed, i dont even know what to classify it as anymore, my own just dey there i am trying to be caring, affectionate and the likes but it seems without that money factor you are damn wasting your time, never invest emotionally in a relationship when you dont have enough bar.

As a guy loving more than the girl is a suicide pact, once she notices that all their effort in the relationship stops. This thing called love heh abi na emotional torture, how does one disinfect thyself from it biko? undecided undecided cry

neva eva luv a girl. Let her do d luvin.

Play the 'Caring part' and let her play the 'Lovin part'

even if u love her, neva let her knw u do.

Give her that 'I got notin to lose if u go' attitude.

The moment a girl realized dat u really love her, bro that's the moment ur downfall begins..

A man shoud love wit head and not with heart.

Kill ur vibes for a girl..

1 Like

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

really, please for the last time I will ask you, did you say all ladies are prostitutes

ALL NIGERIAN LADIES ARE PROSTITUES INCLUDING THE MARRIED ONES.

I can prov d above statement.

Like I said earlier, just tink of any lady (includin d married ones) dat u tink she's very faithful and honest den send me her contact after 3weeks I will report back to u.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by mimimile93: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2018
Martin0:

Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by abdeiz(m): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

neva eva luv a girl. Let her do d luvin.

Play the 'Caring part' and let her play the 'Lovin part'

even if u love her, neva let her knw u do.

Give her that 'I got notin to lose if u go' attitude.

The moment a girl realized dat u really love her, bro that's the moment ur downfall begins..

A man shoud love wit head and not with heart.

Kill ur vibes for a girl..

I know all these, i just cant fathom how i fell into this sh*thole.....well priorities realigned.
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by hkidola00(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Never trust a lady..

i doubt it, let me send u my girlfriend number or facebook contact, see it not all of dem dat misbehaves, ur unlucky to come across whores disguised as girlfriend
Re: Modern Day Relationship!!! by Martin0(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2018
mimimile93:

Are you very sure of this?Asking you for the second time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Refer To Sex As Just Mere "10mins Enjoyment"? / Man Who Won $80m Lottery In The Middle Of Divorce, Ordered To Give Ex Wife Half / I Am In Love With A Woman With......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.