Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? (2260 Views)

What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / People Who Choose Not To Have Kids Or Get Married / Should A Woman Have an Affair Just Because Her Husband Is Having an Affair too (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2010
Every woman has the right to choose whether to have children, or not.

Child bearing / bringing up isn't for everyone. I'd rather a woman chose not to have kids, rather than have them, due to pressure from hubby, friends, family etc, then maltreat them.
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by iice(f): 2:00am On Jun 21, 2010
Kenny_G:

afterall someone gave birth to her and if her parents had decided to forego childbearing what would have become of her.

If she were never born. . .would she know?  Would you know, if she never existed that she was meant to exist?
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Sissy3(f): 4:14am On Jun 21, 2010
iice:

If she were never born. . .would she know?  Would you know, if she never existed that she was meant to exist?

no mind am.

every woman should give birth even if they dont want a child because apparently someone gave birth to them. oya women una don hear, no more excuse for not wanting a child cheesy
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Shinatu: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2010
iice:

If she were never born. . .would she know? Would you know, if she never existed that she was meant to exist?

Thank you ojare, as if it is a crime not to exist.
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by blackspade(m): 2:46am On Jun 23, 2010
Aren't women supposed to do the replenishing? Hmmmm. . .
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Sissy3(f): 4:20am On Jun 23, 2010
blackspade:

Aren't women supposed to do the replenishing? Hmmmm. . .

should they have a choice to do the "replenishing"?
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by blackspade(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2010
~Sissy~:
should they have a choice to do the "replenishing"?
No, once the woman is married, one of her many duties is to pop out as many bundles of joy her womb is capable of. Its the godly thing to do. Read Genesis 1:28.
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Sissy3(f): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2010
blackspade:

No, once the woman is married, one of her many duties is to pop out as many bundles of joy her womb is capable of. Its the godly thing to do. Read Genesis 1:28.

yeah rightand what happens to those who doesnt believe in god.does this "command of no choice" also apply to them? [size=2pt]no wonder many kids live in miserable home today
[/size]

"popping" out indeed. shm
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by blackspade(m): 3:01am On Jun 24, 2010
~Sissy~:

yeah rightand what happens to those who doesnt believe in god.does this "command of no choice" also apply to them? [size=2pt]no wonder many kids live in miserable home today
[/size]

"popping" out indeed. shm

LOL. . . . [size=5pt]sarcasm is extremely difficult to detect on the internet.[/size]
Re: Does A Woman Have The Right To Choose Not To Have Kids At All? by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Spanishfly: I was watching on the tv when one of these women (celebrities) decided she was not going to have kids so as not to lose her shape then another saying she does not think she has to have kids.
As women, is it necessary and our duty to have at least a child?

No, women most definitely have a right to decide whether to have kids or not. There are so many reasons why a woman would not want to have kids of her own. And contrary to what some think, it does not then mean they have bad mothering skills or something of the sort.

As the celebrity said, it is possible to simply choose not to have kids to maintain one's body image. Now that is superficial but there are superficial beings out there.

Other reasons could simply be that these women would rather adopt as there are 100's of millions of children in need of mothers and fathers in the world we live in and that number keeps rising each day. Many of these kids only need adults to adopt them and make them their own. So these women see no difference in having their own biological children and adopting the babies already here.

Another reason could be that they simply have no desire to have children or become mothers. Again, this does not make them bad mothers as they could be best aunties already. Motherhood is a choice and to them they would rather make the choice not to be mothers.

So, yes, women do have rights and this includes right to be mothers or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For My Father "obu" / I Was Raped By My Step Sister At 7, I Hate Her Passionately.please Advise Me!!! / Should A 9 Year Old Kid Be Able To Do Chores Without Being Told ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.