Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (31748 Views)

Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by homody(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Jiang:

NO HE CANNOT, MORESO HER RELIGION ALSO FORBIDS HER FROM MARRYING A CHRISTIAN. unless you wanna estranged her from her entire family & Relatives then go ahead( it also applies to you).

Many of us are in religion bondage, confused ppl.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by oladele00(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
The headline should be " can a born again Muslim marry a Christian lady?.. A typical noooooooooo

Vote for him and this kind of stupid question will never surface again on nairaland

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by excanny: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Abubakarsiddeeq:

We are talking about religion here not nature
If you are an atheist keep off please

Man existed before religion.

When a baby is born what religion is he born with?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by oladele00(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
Like for Christian

Share for muslim

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by kofo844: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
brother that's my problem. I don't if it is possible that God can be saying I should marry her. there is feelings between us. Even where we work, people have told several times to marry her. But I love Christ. God has been so good to me. I want to the will of God. Am really confuse. How I wish she is not a Muslim.

It is not God that is speaking to you. You are just hearing yourself. IT IS SELF.

The fact that you are even in love with her, will not allow you to hear the voice of the LIving God.
Even when God is speaking you cant hear, cos you are deeply in love . YOU JUST KEEP HEARING YOURSELF
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by judewhite27: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
majority of you are saying don't don't! i then ask,why can't anyone advice the young man to win her for christ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by IslamicRebel: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
Do not Bleep Islamic terrorist pvssy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Sadiyaene(f): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
Stop listening to pastors and follow your heart my brother o,when God created us, he never said Muslim should marry Muslim and Christian's should marry Christian's . Tink wisely bro am in a similar situation with you and I have decided to follow my heart.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by jaxxy(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
brother that's my problem. I don't if it is possible that God can be saying I should marry her. there is feelings between us. Even where we work, people have told several times to marry her. But I love Christ. God has been so good to me. I want to the will of God. Am really confuse. How I wish she is not a Muslim.

Do u know how to differentiate between God speaking and ur emotions speaking? If mo please don't say God is speaking cos its more like for her face to pop up in ur prayers and dreams when u already have an emotional connection with her its normal. To her God speak u wud have to clear ur mind of any emotional attachments 1st and reason rationally. We all have how we make our choices so go for wat works for u bt make sure u understand wat exactly ur doing. Many hv said God said and made huge mistakes.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by politicalpastor: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Oma307:
who is pastor when God speaks, he knows how it will happen, he doesn't speak and say can I do it, my bro No. have heart to heart conservation with the lady and ask her if she can convert to a Christan, that is if you genuinely love her. if she says no, go back to God since he has spoken and challenge him. I believe God will tell you the way to go about it

Friend, I login because of your case, I just want to tell you that this is nothing to worry about, approach her first God will do the rest, the problem with us Christians of today is that we don’t allow the will of God in our lives, we expect God to move in one direction all the time, God will move when he chooses to and am here to tell you that fear not, make that first move and leave the rest for him not ur pastor
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2018
Dareal90s:

You lack wisdom. Who says one religion is best? they ar only trying to avoid religious war during marriage. That's y Nigeria isn't settled nw.
u are a big fool, what did they meant by don't means yolked with unbelievers
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Shampoo77: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2018
Capital no...
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Read 2 Corinthians 6v14-20
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by tiredoflife(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
emperorlaqrin:

My brother I totally agree with what you have said as a xtian but me as a Muslim All this things you have stated are there in the Qur'an but what ee believe transpired is diff but my own point is just that we should respect one another been a Muslim or xtian .

At the end of the day we all will live as one cos there would be clarity after judgement

No all I stated is not in the Quran
The Quran doesn't say Jesus resurrected
Ascending into heaven
And is sitted by the right hand of God

So to me u are an unbeliever
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Mmlanrehh(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
(Remove religious discrimination, racial discrimination, tribal discrimination and OP would've been asking "Can a Man marry a woman?"

All religion does is divide us and give us one extra reason to antagonise each other as though the reasons we already have aren't enough)

I support the above statement cos am also in same shoes.
tho am a Muslim and she is a Christian very intelligent,smart and beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
yazach:

See the truth is that devil is about to win you because only devil will wishper marrying a Muslim woman to you. I am a Muslim and I pray I end as a Muslim.

Please don't allow devil to use you
well u r not to blame,
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Michaelbabs51(m): 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Religion is the opium of the masses. The greatest law according to Jesus himself is LOVE. But I see no reason why the two of you should not marry if you truly love one another.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
the thing is that have gotten any confirmation from God. see, I believe God is taking me higher. as in I may likely end up a pastor, though God hasn't spoken anything yet, but I know that is where am heading. so can she be a wife of a pastor, I don't think so. why this go to her if I don't think she can do well as a pastor's wife. and can God really tell one to marry a Muslim
You and your pastor respond as if Muslims are beneath you... God can tell you to marry a Muslim? I laugh... Which God please?

I will advise you move on as you can never marry her. This is the Plain bitter truth.... Marry your kind please
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by yazach: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
Fuckingmallam45:

well u r not to blame,

Well you are to be blame
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Jardoncuzalio(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

PLEASEEEEEE, I need Christians to comment on this.

As a Christian you can marry from any religion
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
thanks very much. I just feel like why approach her, if I know I may not get married to her. there was a day I heard a voice. I don't know how true it is, when I listing the reasons why I can marry her, and why she keep to my mind, the voice said, am I the one to convert. am judging her as a sinner was it not the same way you were also a sinner and God saved you. can't God also change/convert her. am not making it up. this was what I heard. and since then, I don't think have prayed for marriage. I don't know if it's true. what can you say concerning it. please reply

Your wasting your time and the time God is giving you bro. Don't you know that through you she can become a Christian and thereafter bring her family to Christ? what else can mortal do for God?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by asid(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hosea - READ

People keep quoting "Do not mix with unequal yokes" at their convenience, but you if you need a job or any form of help in anyway shape or form, it's funny how that statement gets lost on us at such moments, what does that tell you? or does it only relate to when marriage is involved? If you are so holy, let it spread into every area of the life you so live, and not when it suits you.

what will you say are the 2 most important laws in the bible, if you know that answer, then....

And anyone saying one isn't a "true christian" (like you know what been one is besides someone else's opinion you have so come to take as YOUR truth) for mingling with unbelievers, tell me, from your birth till now, how you gotten any help or support (gotten a gift or shared a birthday cake) from someone who isn't from YOUR religious background, if yes, then you know where your statement should be...

Using the bible where it suits tells a lot of whomever

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
kofo844:

How do you know that it was God that spoke to him ? Some people hear themselves and then say it is God that spoke to them.

God is not an author of confusion, if He has said we should not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, He can't come and tell us again to get yoked witth unbeleivers.
I replied according to the op words
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by frozen70(f): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

Even if you marry a pegan, it makes no difference
She is a Muslim and you are a Christian
The most important question for you is,
Do you really love her and be happy to spend the rest of your life with her

Ask her if she is ready to change her religion
Ask her if she will allow your children practice Christianity with you
If she says yes, good luck

There are chances that with time the love she has for you and the marriage will make force her to change her mind

Love is the main thing in marriage,, absence of quality love distroys marriage more than religion
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by omooba969(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2018
homody:
Are u saying ur own religion is only means of making heaven while ppl practice other religions are in darkness?

I don't think your question is meant for me as my question is yet to be answered.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Simbrixton(m): 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2018
Just like igbo yoruba marriages you need to be strong and positive and have a heart of love void of extremism
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by emperorlaqrin: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
tiredoflife:

No all I stated is not in the Quran
The Quran doesn't say Jesus resurrected
Ascending into heaven
And is sitted by the right hand of God

So to me u are an unbeliever

it seems you u no sabi read abi? or u just ignored the part I said what we Muslims believed transpired is different from what you have stated
anyway continue been demi god and continue judging as na u know the unbeliever for me o I will never judge no one
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Otunbalai(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
TATIME:
The first problem you're having is your Pastors,they gave you guys a misinterpretation of the word "BORN AGAIN". You're not a born again Christian neither are you a Christian in the first place my friend,Christian means those who thinks,speaks and act just like Jesus (CHRIST) therefore if you're attracted to a none believer definitely you can't possibly be a Christian because Christians are those who follow Christ anywhere,anytime,anyday and on anything He says. Well my advice to you is to first study the Bible with TRUE Christians, learn what Christianity entails, have a deep thought if you can remain in it,pray for God's holy spirit to assist you in keeping to a right course,get baptised in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and finally stick to mature Christians who will continue to encourage you in standing firm in the faith! As for marriage Jesus said marry those worshiping Yahweh, Apostle Paul said marry ONLY in the Lord so it is not advisable to convert her otherwise she will pretend and play along until she gets what she wants from you,however remember that she doesn't believe in Jesus so there is nothing stoping her from betraying you if she gets a BETTER offer. Take good care of yourself, farewell!

Na people like una they kill people with Bible mis interpretation, when the Bible say love your neighbour as your self, I'm sure he didn't made mention of loving fellow Christians alone and condemning Muslim and others.

please don't mix nature with religion or Christianity. anybody can be attracted to anybody. we are all human being and it is normal for both sexes to attract each other. and if aspotle Paul say marry in the lord, where does Muslims marry ? in the shrine abi? the Bible place love above every other thing and it was on the basis of love John 3:16. For God so ( love) the world that he gave his only begotten son....

religious leaders just scatter everything in the Bible to suite their own understanding and believe.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by gentlegenius(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
I like how this conversation is made on the base that Christianity is true and Islam is false so everyone is telling him to convert the Muslim to Christianity because, you know, OP would gladly leave Christianity too for islam if the girl asks wink

This is another reason to be an Antitheist, remove religious discrimination, racial discrimination, tribal discrimination and OP would've been asking "Can a Man marry a woman?"

All religion does is divide us and give us one extra reason to antagonise each other as though the reasons we already have aren't enough
I agree with you to some extent...
Religion divides us more than it unite us. It misleads us more than it shows us the way. It destroy us more than it helps us.
If I were the Op, I will not convert that girl to my religion, neither will I allow her to lure me into her religion. I will simply withdraw from my religion and persuade her to withdraw from her own religion, so that both of us better unite together without having to worry about each other's religion. Anyone who wants to obey God and live a good life can do that without being in any religion.
There's a big difference between an atheist and someone who don't follow religion. Someone can attend religious functions and still be an atheist, while another one might not belong to any religion but yet believe in God and live a good life... After all, WHO RELIGION HELP?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by translux(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:

Young man, I have been an evangelist for about 12 years now and my wonderful marriage is about 9 years now, when I was in higher institution I was dating a Christian lady and I love her very much but the problem was our frequent disagreement on almost every issue, we disagreed sometime and she quited, I moved on, later I met another lady i n the campus and we started dating, this new lady was so amazing, I mean very good character and very humble but later on I felt bad when I realised that she was a Muslim, although I continue the relationship with her, cut the story short my Christian lady also came back to me so I was dating two of them back in school.

I can tell you Thor the Muslim lady was actually a wife material, I took their names to my pastor and he advised me to marry the Christian lady but deep within me I know that the Muslim lady was better

but I prayed that God should intervain, few months later the christain lady sent an SMS to me that she is no longer interested in the relationship and that was how I settled for the Muslim lady in 2005, another issue from the lady family because they prefers she marries a Muslim man the battle she fought and won, we got married in 2010 from that day till now she has been the best thing that could ever happened to any man, she has been so respecfule ,caring, understanding, as a matter of fact, she has never disobeyed me for a day.

she is now an evangelist, a prayer warrior and a preacher of the gospel of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by ollah2: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
enilove:

The American and British are not as religious as we are in Nigeria , why do they have so much divorce and broken homes?

Our God hates divorce and unites marriages :
Matthew 5:31-32 KJV
It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: [32] But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Our God also says we should cooperate with leaders and rulers :
Romans 13:3 KJV

For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

If religion divides more than it unites , Christianity is an exception. It teaches us love and peace , which breads unity and progress to individuals and to a nation .

1 Peter 3:11 KJV
Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Follow peace with all men , and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 12:18 KJV
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Matthew 5:38-44 KJV
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
[39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
[43] Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
[44] But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

YOU ARE SOMEHOW RIGHT , OUR GOD DOESN'T SAY SHIT AND RUBBISH .

You wrote plenty nonsense and I applaud you for that. The reason Americans and British divorce more than us is because of TRADITION AMD CULTURE. We have it but they don't. There are so many unhappy homes but they are still together becuse of these and not religion.

Religion is plain nonsense and it has further divided us than anything. Our God hates divorce but pastors are divorcing here and there. How does Christianity unites when you are to marry who is only a christian. It even further goes thus: we must be of the same sect.

I wish these religion bullcrap can be eliminated especially Christianity and Islam
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Otunbalai(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
TATIME:
The first problem you're having is your Pastors,they gave you guys a misinterpretation of the word "BORN AGAIN". You're not a born again Christian neither are you a Christian in the first place my friend,Christian means those who thinks,speaks and act just like Jesus (CHRIST) therefore if you're attracted to a none believer definitely you can't possibly be a Christian because Christians are those who follow Christ anywhere,anytime,anyday and on anything He says. Well my advice to you is to first study the Bible with TRUE Christians, learn what Christianity entails, have a deep thought if you can remain in it,pray for God's holy spirit to assist you in keeping to a right course,get baptised in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and finally stick to mature Christians who will continue to encourage you in standing firm in the faith! As for marriage Jesus said marry those worshiping Yahweh, Apostle Paul said marry ONLY in the Lord so it is not advisable to convert her otherwise she will pretend and play along until she gets what she wants from you,however remember that she doesn't believe in Jesus so there is nothing stoping her from betraying you if she gets a BETTER offer. Take good care of yourself, farewell!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Links To Watch Live Church Services Online / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / Rev. Regina Baadu Ordained As Anglican Diocese Of Cape Coast First Female Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.