Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (31771 Views)

Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Should A Born Again Christian Involve In Active Politics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Unik3030: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2018
light n darkness don't mix,y not give d headslammers distance
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by CyynthiaKiss(f): 10:40am On Jul 29, 2018
only if she will embrace Christianity

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by KazeemIbrahim1: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2018
enilove:

Op, I will advice you to do the following :

1... Approach her and inform her of your feelings for her. If she agrees , tell her that she needs to be converted to a Christian and Why.

2... If she cannot convert , then remove the idea of marriage to her from your heart.

Those 2 steps are very Important because , if you don't ask her to convert b4 marriage , she might refused to after marriage. And as long as she does not commit adultery , you cannot divorce her based on her religion if she is willing to remain in the marriage.

God has told us not to marry an unbeliever which may be why God has refused to speak to you.
God does not go against His words.

A wrong marriage can destroy God's plan for you. It can take you to hell.
You may think women are weak, but in marriages they are VERY VERY POWERFUL.

MY ADVICE IS THIS, DONT MARRY HER FOR ANY REASON UNLESS SHE ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS HER SAVIOUR.

Do you know that you can still marry a Muslim and she still retains he religion after marriage?
Seen a Yoruba man marry a Christian. She still remained a Christian while he a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by sayusuf(m): 10:41am On Jul 29, 2018
Hausa Fulani for that matter, don't you know that it's a taboo to her parents and family. Don't waste your time

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Segmat1: 10:42am On Jul 29, 2018
Yes,you can marry her.I am a living testimony,I married from Muslim in which the father is an Alhaji and the mother is an Alhaja. But today my wife is a strong/active Church worker in MFM. It depends on your understanding.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2018
Can a born again brother preach to a Muslim sister? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Unik3030: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
the thing is that have gotten any confirmation from God. see, I believe God is taking me higher. as in I may likely end up a pastor, though God hasn't spoken anything yet, but I know that is where am heading. so can she be a wife of a pastor, I don't think so. why this go to her if I don't think she can do well as a pastor's wife. and can God really tell one to marry a Muslim
y do u people come here to ask unreasonable question here when d handwriting is already on the wall.u said u don't think she can fix into d wife of a pastor so y asking?go n read the story of Samson in the Bible

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Skwill(m): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2018
Have u not hear of pastor sikiru, pastor sadare, and other men of God who were formally a Muslim, brother forget whether you will become a pastor or not in the future, God has a purpose for all human. You will not be a first Christian to married a Muslim sister. Infact I have a couple of family brother who ended up married a formal fervent Muslim sisters but now changed to devoted Christian that carry more fire than their born Christian husband. It depend on if the Lady in question love u genuinely and can sacrifice her own belief and marry you.
delkuf:
the thing is that have gotten any confirmation from God. see, I believe God is taking me higher. as in I may likely end up a pastor, though God hasn't spoken anything yet, but I know that is where am heading. so can she be a wife of a pastor, I don't think so. why this go to her if I don't think she can do well as a pastor's wife. and can God really tell one to marry a Muslim
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by sorextee(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2018
Don't let ur pastor come between ur love life. Most of them are home wreckers. She mustn't necessarily convert before u can marry her. Most of my family members are mixed. Some of d Muslims married Christians and vice versa. And peace is still reigning. My mum is a Muslim, dad, a Christian. Having grown up in such environment, it changed my views bout loving someone from another faith. Where you need to worry more is her parents.

I know it is very very very difficult to marry a northern Muslim girl, as a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by madridsta007(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

PLEASEEEEEE, I need Christians to comment on this.

The Bible is unequivocal and blunt about this.

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

— 2 Cor 6:14

You need to each choose between listening to your emotions or listen to God’s word— which is very, very clear. This shouldn’t be a question at all, in my opinion, unless we want to pretend that the Bible isn’t clear about it.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by castrokins(m): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2018
I Am Actually Looking For What You Call Muslim Lady.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Curry30: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2018
God works in mysterious ways. So be fervent in your prayers. God might want to use you to bring light to her. Maybe her soul deserves the TRUTH.

Talk to God. Talk to this girl. If she's truly in concord with God's will, who knows? She might even defect (convert) to Christianity.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Grace001: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
Do not be unequally yoke with an unbeliever....

To you, God is only meant for Christians. I hope someday you will wake up from your divine slumber. God is God of all not God of Christians. And mind you religion is a tool for seperation to create the perception of “we” and “them”

That’s what your have just exhibited. To you, you’re the believer because you’re Christians, and the Muslims are the unbeliever. Just the same way the Muslims sees every Christians as “infedel” unbeliever.

Religion will always bring seperation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by mkoabiola: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2018
D op de tel lies joooo

All ds religious bigotry wants attention
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by toye440: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2018
In a simple language; pls dont try it.
U dont hv what it takes to stand ur inlaws aggression or attacks plus save ur children d war ahead. They r not programmed to love a christian i know of a man who got married to one and latter spent the rest of his life singing had i know. I wish i could connect u both to help give u first hand warning.
And about d holy spirit telling u to marry her, guy u sure say na holy spirit abi na d emotions of sin moving u, remember d devil is a con artist he gives u something that looks like d truth but not d truth. But u can learn from experience too so that tomao u can use urself as caveat for others to learn.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by emperorlaqrin: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:
Well, lemme not say that we are both sailing on the same ship but my own situation seems very similar to yours. I really helped her in the time when she needed help most and the help happened to be very timely and this made her fall in love with me. But there are many problems here
1. I am 7 years older than her (Which I do not find really ideal but nevertheless can cope or change my views shaa)
2. She is a Muslim and I am a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN who wouldn't' give up my Christian faith for any reason, though I was born a Muslim, I converted to Christianity along the way.
3. She is from a super rich family and I am only a worker hired by her dad to help coach her where she had deficiencies. I am a graduate who is just trying to make ends meet and this job is very dear to me.
4. I have made a personal commitment to myself against falling in love with people I coach but then, this seemed to be very very different!
5. The parents of the girl have a high level of trust for me or an unusual likeness so they treat me better than other co-workers maybe it's because I deliver an exceptionally excellent service plus I am very hospitable and I consider it one of the greatest wrong I will do to betray their trust.
6. I know that it is a great woe on her part if her parents never find out about her emotional connection to me because it is a big TABOO for Muslim girls to marry Christian man though the reverse is permissible!
7. She is a Hausa-Fulani girl while I am from the middle belt: A clash of culture and social values.
8. I will end up putting the saviour who connected me with the family in a big trouble and this may result in the robbing of other young people like me of their prospects. The list seems endless.

Of a truth, I love the girl and she is of the view that she can marry a Christian cos her religion permits it (i knew it's not true, she was just speaking out of love). I currently have been putting up a stern face whenever we meet but this seems to be fanning the flames of desires even the more. The more I get to see her, the more my resolve weakens as per not dating her. Whenever I pray, her pictures keep flashing before my face as if to say that she is the One and I dream a lot about her these days. She is more than beautiful (know these typical beautiful Hausa-Fulani girls)

THE TRUTH!!!
Christianity does not encourage marrying people of the opposite religion and so if one does it, it may not be the best choice!!
God save us!!!

pls who told you it's a taboo for a Muslim lady to marry a xtian?

Anyway I won't advice you go into a relationship with the lady in particular due to the nature of work but if you both love each other make sure you confide in her siblings or dad about her feelings before you start dating her so it won't betray there trust . This situation you have to be truthful and let the lady do majority of the stuffs but be truthful to her and tell her your mind likewise the obstacles, so if she truely wants you she knows will know what to do
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by otunbabrown: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2018
If u marry the son or daughter of the devil, that makes the devil ur father in-law and ur father inlaw can come to ur house with little or no information.
If u know, u know.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Horlamidei(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:
Well, lemme not say that we are both sailing on the same ship but my own situation seems very similar to yours. I really helped her in the time when she needed help most and the help happened to be very timely and this made her fall in love with me. But there are many problems here
1. I am 7 years older than her (Which I do not find really ideal but nevertheless can cope or change my views shaa)
2. She is a Muslim and I am a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN who wouldn't' give up my Christian faith for any reason, though I was born a Muslim, I converted to Christianity along the way.
3. She is from a super rich family and I am only a worker hired by her dad to help coach her where she had deficiencies. I am a graduate who is just trying to make ends meet and this job is very dear to me.
4. I have made a personal commitment to myself against falling in love with people I coach but then, this seemed to be very very different!
5. The parents of the girl have a high level of trust for me or an unusual likeness so they treat me better than other co-workers maybe it's because I deliver an exceptionally excellent service plus I am very hospitable and I consider it one of the greatest wrong I will do to betray their trust.
6. I know that it is a great woe on her part if her parents never find out about her emotional connection to me because it is a big TABOO for Muslim girls to marry Christian man though the reverse is permissible!
7. She is a Hausa-Fulani girl while I am from the middle belt: A clash of culture and social values.
8. I will end up putting the saviour who connected me with the family in a big trouble and this may result in the robbing of other young people like me of their prospects. The list seems endless.

Of a truth, I love the girl and she is of the view that she can marry a Christian cos her religion permits it (i knew it's not true, she was just speaking out of love). I currently have been putting up a stern face whenever we meet but this seems to be fanning the flames of desires even the more. The more I get to see her, the more my resolve weakens as per not dating her. Whenever I pray, her pictures keep flashing before my face as if to say that she is the One and I dream a lot about her these days. She is more than beautiful (know these typical beautiful Hausa-Fulani girls)

THE TRUTH!!!
Christianity does not encourage marrying people of the opposite religion and so if one does it, it may not be the best choice!!
God save us!!!

Same here, man!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by SoulB6: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2018
If you realy love her you will convert to muslim

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 29, 2018
This is not about a pastor. It's about yourself and the person you want to marry. Do you share the same views and values. The answer to this might be No. This is because religion affects how we perceive things. Especially for people who advocate for the practice of their religion. This is not to say you both can see things same way. The Muslim religion sees other religion as evil and those who practise as infidels... what views will your partner share?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by abumoney(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
thanks very much. I just feel like why approach her, if I know I may not get married to her. there was a day I heard a voice. I don't know how true it is, when I listing the reasons why I can marry her, and why she keep to my mind, the voice said, am I the one to convert. am judging her as a sinner was it not the same way you were also a sinner and God saved you. can't God also change/convert her. am not making it up. this was what I heard. and since then, I don't think have prayed for marriage. I don't know if it's true. what can you say concerning it. please reply
Mr op, pls can you enlighten me more on this your sinner and convert ish? I want to say something, but I need clarification first. Is it that been a Muslim makes her a sinner and been a Christian makes u a non sinner? Pls, teach me, sir
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by pontaboki1: 10:54am On Jul 29, 2018
Have you been strafing her?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by 4everGrand(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2018
You're really born again
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Munzy14(m): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2018
delkuf:
Please I need your advice. Is so happened that I know this lady for years now. we are good friends. But the problem is, I know that as a Christian we can't really get married because she is a Muslim. So I have been trying to keep the relationship on just us being friends, even though I love her and I know She has this little feelings for me. If I had been serious, I know we would have gotten married or close to that, but I keep avoiding her and sometimes I do it on purpose.

Now, where I get really confused is that, any time i pray for God's will in marriage, she keeps coming to my mind. This is not infatuation or something. It has been happening over and over again. I know God also talk to us through giving us this deep impression in our heart.

It was so deep on day that I told the Holy Spirit that I can't marry her. I spoke with my pastor this week concerning this issue, and he said it is not possible for God to tell us to marry a Muslim and this thing keeps coming. am really confuse. because of this, have not been praying concerning marriage.

PLEASEEEEEE, I need Christians to comment on this.
As a Christian, you can marry from any tribe or lady practicing any religion. In the Nigerian society, a lady leave her father's compound to move to her husband place. As she move, she also dumps her religious beliefs, maiden names etc.... if she must keep any of the mentioned it all depends on u accepting. Don't let pastors nor ancestral beliefs deprive you of your joy for life. If u love her and want her, go get her.
Africans should follow religion with a liberal mind, and not fanatic one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by HajimeSaito(m): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2018
What a stupid question to ask. I doubt if you're really a Christian. If you were you would know that Christians, whether male or female are not allowed to be yoked with an unbeliever.

There are only three ways an unequal marriage can turn out, (and by unequal I am willing to stretch a point and include genuine, warm Christians who want to marry an in-name-only Christian, or someone very, very far behind them in Christian experience and growth):

1. In order to be more in sync with your spouse, the Christian will have to push Christ to the margins of his or her life. This may not involve actually repudiating the faith, but in matters such as devotional life, hospitality to believers (small group meetings, emergency hosting of people in need), missionary support, tithing, raising children in the faith, fellowship with other believers—those things will have to be minimized or avoided in order to preserve peace in the home.

2. Alternatively, if the believer in the marriage holds on to a robust Christian life and practice, the non-believing PARTNER will have to be marginalized. If he or she can't understand the point of Bible study and prayer, or missions trips, or hospitality, then he or she can't or won't participate alongside the believing spouse in those activities. The deep unity and oneness of a marriage cannot flourish when one partner cannot fully participate in the other person's most important commitments.

3. So either the marriage experiences stress and breaks up; or it experiences stress and stays together, achieving some kind of truce that involves one spouse or the other capitulating in some areas, but which leaves both parties feeling lonely and unhappy.

Does this sound like the kind of marriage you want? One that strangles your growth in Christ or strangles your growth as a couple, or does both? Think back to that off-cited passage in 2 Corinthians 6:14 about being “unequally yoked.” Most of us no longer live in an agrarian culture, but try to visualize what would happen if a farmer yoked together, say, an ox and a donkey. The heavy wooden yoke, designed to harness the strength of the team, would be askew, as the animals are of different heights, weights, walk at different speeds and with different gaits. The yoke, instead of harnessing the power of the team to complete the task, would rub and chafe BOTH animals, since the load would be distributed unequally. An unequal marriage is not just unwise for the Christian, it is also unfair to the non-Christian, and will end up being a trial for them both.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Singingbae(m): 10:58am On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:

THE TRUTH!!!
God save us!!!

Bruh, my case is on the same line with you. There's this girl that's I met, we started as closed friends that even guys thought we were dating for real. But she's a Muslim, she's from Ilorin(the audacity), to date a Muslim from Ilorin.

I could remember my dad and my mom do tell me how Ilorin people are wicked. But I think I love her, deep down in me.
So I was angry, I couldn't hold it again, I linked her up to a close friend of mine and they started talking. Now, this my guy(a Christian also) asked her out. And she told me about it, but what broke me was that, "I think I like this guy". Tears almost rolled down my eyes when she told me that. Now I keep thinking about her all day.

I think we should start breaking the barrier of religion. I'll be an advocate in future. So help me God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by alexola20(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Dareal90s(m): 10:59am On Jul 29, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

No! but you guys are forming your advice like its a forgone conclusion Islam is false and Christianity is true so he should convince her to dump islam for Christianity. I find it funny how a Muslim somewhere is also advising her to convince OP to dump Christianity for Islam

You lack wisdom. Who says one religion is best? they ar only trying to avoid religious war during marriage. That's y Nigeria isn't settled nw.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by tiredoflife(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2018
In Romans 12 the Apostle Paul begins applying the doctrine that he has been teaching for the previous 11 chapters. Now, it is not that he has made no application in the previous 11 chapters; he has. However, as he begins chapter 12 he is, in a sense, saying, “In light of all that I have taught, how should we then live?”

So, let’s carefully examine each phrase in Romans 12:1-2.

Let’s read Romans 12:1-2:

1I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1-2)

There is the good will
Acceptable will
And there is the perfect will of God

Now let's dissect your questions

The word of God says we shouldn't be conformed to the world but be transformed by the renewal of our mind

By testing with God's word his good will
His acceptable will
And his perfect will

Its God's will that every man should be married but this will is divided into three parts

its his good will for you to marry whoever u choose I.e u have no same doctrine nor are u both under any spiritual authority
Meaning u are on ur own if things begin to go south.

Its his acceptable will when u pick from within the Christian faith I.e any denomination as long as the person is a Christian..but here u are not one in doctrine cos while u may pray the hail Mary ur wife may be mountain of fire prayer of die die die.

Then there his perfect will when u take a wife within ur denominations since u both a one in doctrine and under the same authority. There will be same way of doing things as u both study with the same mindsets

In Genesis when Jacob was to marry
His father directed him to go to his uncle Laban house to pick a wife
They have the same doctrine and under the same spiritual authority

Rueben the first son of Jacob went against this and married outside this known directives and lost the blessing

So the issue here is ur emotions
God has a known method for us to pick our wives
Its our decision to make to follow either of the three methods
The good will
The acceptable will
Or the perfect will

Check your emotions...love or beauty is not all a wife is all about cool
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by abumoney(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=delkuf post=69778605]I prayed concerning it today. I took the matter to the Holy Spirit. I will be sharing in another thread what the Holy Spirit showed me. please do join me[/quote

Young man, stop deceiving yourself and go take a nap. You're suffering from Amnesia. It is people like you that brew religious intolerance around the globe. Making your religion feel superior is very myopic. What makes you think you're even on the right track? It's better if you stopped using the name of God in vain. #peace]
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by Fastfingers33: 11:01am On Jul 29, 2018
Meekha:

THE TRUTH!!!
God save us!!!

I am in that situation too ooo.. We don even Bleep twice before I got born again, and she is really in love with me, giving her space she keeps coming. Her way of life is totally different from mine, and I also have a call for the ministry... Oti su mi
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? by vitmax(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2018
[color=][/color]dude are you dense marry anyone you want f.uck religion interference. My gramps is a musilm and grandmom is a christain and i can tell you they are hgppily married

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Links To Watch Live Church Services Online / Rev. Regina Baadu Ordained As Anglican Diocese Of Cape Coast First Female Priest / Phillips Meyers Hosts Pastor Adeboye & His Wife In Israel (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.