Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" (12379 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Which Is Actually More Important, Your Degree Or Work Experience? / Masters Degree Or Work Experience To Work In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by brennyB: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2021
Wow 2010 post on FP in 2021, interesting
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by MhiztaFrank(m): 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
"Work with us" could mean working with a person or group of people to achieve a certain goal wether paid of free service, in this scenario, if the job seekers use these words is not bad "if" the interviewer(s) are not the owners but if they are "work for you*" is the appropraite word.
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by LifeOfTrigga(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nobody gets rich working for somebody else!
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Beeeeeeeeeeeeee(f): 5:11pm On Sep 01, 2021
I'd rather work with someone and learn
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Fantazy(m): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
"work with somebody" is the thing.
An employer might see it as pride though.

Working for somebody means you are a servant
Working with somebody means partnering with the person (This will definitely yield better result)
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Daijin(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2021
It is still a matter of words. The essense remains the same when you hire people: they work for you, but for some people it is hard to admit the fact that they have the boss and they are not free to do anything the want.
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Princelyon247(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2021
D both is accurate
I rather agree to work with u
Cos no be my papa own
I'ma leave one day

Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Princelyon247(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2021
[Na woooo quote author=Mkpotu post=6229775]A serious argument ensued in my office after we conducted an interview for new entrants into our firm, while some of the people interviewed said they will 'work for us', one or two persons said they will 'work with us'.

One of the interview team members rather saw the use of the word, "work with us" as form of pride and that such people should not be employed in the firm, while the others are of the view that they do not see something wrong in the use of the word 'work with'. Different people gave different interpretation to the words.

House, I just want to hear your opinion on this, as that will serve to stop the lingering employment crisis generated in my firm since after the interview yesterday.[/quote]
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by RPG2020(m): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nothing bad in both of them the most important thing is where there is big fat cheque I'm in
Re: Would You Rather "work For Somebody" Or "work With Somebody" by Brunicekid(m): 2:25pm On Sep 02, 2021
I will rather "work with somebody".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Knows How To Become A Surveyor In Nigeria? / Top Positions, Demanding Jobs Not For Women- Man Lectures Female Colleagues / Do Students With Aeronautic Degree Get Jobs In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.