Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,306 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

How Can I Help Her English - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Help Her English (1396 Views)

What Did You Like About Funmisticqueen? Me I Love Her English / Should I Help A Lady That Refused To Date Me 4 Years Ago With Money? / Pretty Lady Shares Sexy Photo, Nigerian Twitter Users Help Her Cover Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hi Nairalander,
There is this girl that loves and care about me so much but i don't like the way she speaks in english language.
I understand that she was born in Ogbomoso, Oyo state and still lives there so this has really affected her pronunciations .
Am looking for how i can help her. I try to speak in english to her when we talk,but it cuts the flow of the conversation as she tries to keep up with me by forcing herself, so i will have no choice than to switch to Yoruba.

Guys i need your advice on what to do.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Help Her English by donstan18: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2018
Which language she dey scream in if you dey fvck am?

14 Likes

Re: How Can I Help Her English by MissRaine69(f): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
I have never met a native English speaker who looks done upon those that speak English poorly when it is their second or third language.
Have you tried to explain this to her without being condescending or patronising? Is she open to lessons?
She cares for you but you are worried about her English maybe she is too good for you.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:
seriously? angry
Re: How Can I Help Her English by MissRaine69(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:
Bloody hell Donstan! shocked
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Oyindidi(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2018
afunfere:
Hi Nairalander,
There is this girl that loves and care about me so much but i don't like the way she speaks in english language.
I understand that she was born in Ogbomoso, Oyo state and still lives there so this has really affected her pronunciations .
Am looking for how i can help her. I try to speak in english to her when we talk,but it cuts the flow of the conversation has she tries to keep up with me by forcing herself, so i will have no choice than to switch to Yoruba.

Thanks
make una use Yoruba na, no be by force to speak English
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Oyindidi(f): 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:
Igbo
Re: How Can I Help Her English by highqueen(f): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
afunfere:
Hi Nairalander,
Am looking for how i can help her. I try to speak in english to her when we talk,but it cuts the flow of the conversation has she tries to keep up with me by forcing herself, so i will have no choice than to switch to Yoruba.

Thanks
and you want to teach somebody English abi?undecided
Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:
I have never met a native English speaker who looks done upon those that speak English poorly when it is their second or third language.
Have you tried to explain this to her without being condescending or patronising? Is she open to lessons?
She cares for you but you are worried about her English maybe she is too good for you.

I dont know how to tell her, i don't want her to feel bad about it that is why i am trying to help indirectly. I live in Lagos, and i have friends.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
Oyindidi:
make una use Yoruba na, no be by force to speak English

hmmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Can I Help Her English by MissRaine69(f): 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2018
afunfere:

I dont know how to tell her, i don't want her to feel bad about it that is why i am trying to help indirectly. I live in Lagos, and i have friends.
Tell her the truth.
Explain how it will help with work and interacting with people who don’t speak Yoruba. As that is a true reality.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by donstan18: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Bloody hell Donstan! shocked

If he tolerated her native-screaming during sex without complaining, he should also do the same outside the bedroom.

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Tell her the truth.
Explain how it will help with work and interacting with people who don’t speak Yoruba. As that is a true reality.

waoo.. i never thought of that, that is very smart of you, i will tell her this night! wink
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Mcy56(f): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:
This is really funny and complemented by the meme. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:

If he tolerated her native-screaming during sex without complaining, he should also do the same outside the bedroom.
we have not had sex yet
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
True love has no language
Re: How Can I Help Her English by savvy12: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
donstan18:
Lol
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Bluezy13(m): 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
I keep telling people:
Always be realistic to your emotions.
if you consider a lover's shortcomings an emotional problem which you think is difficult to condone in your life, walk away instead of incubating a time bomb.

Someone else out there will gladly accept the shortcomings.

It's always individualistic.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Help Her English by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
Since pronunciations are the only problem, all she needs is practice. A tutor should come in handy.

You're being condescending + stopping her from improving by switching to Yoruba when she's trying to keep up with you.
That means she wants to learn and is the moment you should be correcting her mistakes, not shutting her down!
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Bass123(m): 10:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bros I have a friend who had same issues, do you know what he did?
He started teaching her primary one English till she improves. If you think you have the time go ahead and tell her how bad her English is and the need to improve.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by pafo(m): 10:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
You cant!

You will have to keep correcting her for the rest of your life.

Bloody annoying yet pitiful.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 10:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
Quiescere:
Since pronunciations are the only problem, all she needs is practice. A tutor should come in handy.

You're being condescending + stopping her from improving by switching to Yoruba when she's trying to keep up with you.
That means she wants to learn and is the moment you should be correcting her mistakes, not shutting her down!

There was no where i said i shut her down, the reason i switch is to make it easy for her to pass what ever she wants to say easily
Re: How Can I Help Her English by afunfere: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2018
Bass123:
Bros I have a friend who had same issues, do you know what he did?
He started teaching her primary one English till she improves. If you think you have the time go ahead and tell her how bad her English is and the need to improve.

Thanks a lot bro
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 27, 2018
afunfere:

There was no where i said i shut her down, the reason i switch is to make it easy for her to pass what ever she wants to say easily
Relax. You didn't say those words, but that's what you're doing, indirectly, and that's not how she's going to learn from her mistakes.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Biglittlelois(f): 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2018
Thing is, is she in school or a graduate?? cos i feel this happens to people who have never stepped out of their environment before, continue speaking in english to her, when she switch to yoruba, continue in english then tell her to say it anyhow, next time she will think and rehearse in her mind before speaking, gradually she will learn
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 28, 2018
afunfere:

we have not had sex yet
i
Just imagine. Just give her some cassava and watch her speak English fluently. Remember to go by rhythm
Re: How Can I Help Her English by kalu61(m): 2:02am On Jul 28, 2018
funny dudes up there.
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Joshrob(m): 4:08am On Jul 28, 2018
donstan18:

You got me laughing so loud in the bus today..
You are a clown ...lols
Re: How Can I Help Her English by pussyeater(m): 5:14am On Jul 28, 2018
donstan18:
Bad Nigga grin
Re: How Can I Help Her English by pussyeater(m): 5:15am On Jul 28, 2018
Igbokiller:
i
Just imagine. Just give her some cassava and watch her speak English fluently. Remember to go by rhythm
By rhythm? Guy you aff mad finich grin
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Cholls(m): 5:16am On Jul 28, 2018
MissRaine69:
my sister done ko dona ni
Re: How Can I Help Her English by Nobody: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2018
pussyeater:

By rhythm? Guy you aff mad finich grin
that's if u want to find out her maximum English proficiency.

Choice is yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Menes That Depict A Nigerian Relationship / Ladies How Do You Handle The "Direct Approach" By Men / 20 Facts About Guys!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.