Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? (17472 Views)

ABF Cream How Effective Is It? / IUI And Surrogacy Treatment At IVF Centre Provides A Solution For Infertility / What Family Planning Are You Using And How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by OvaSabi1(f): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
LZAA:

I'm talking about nigeria
Even in Nigeria, where have you heard it happening?

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by osomegbe(m): 12:45am On Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for all the contributions. I have picked one thing or the other from you people and I will learn from it. I actually have 2 boys. they wanted a sister and I believe it will help them live fulfilled. I actually don't want my wife getting pregnant because she was treated of a medical case and she is healed now and getting pregnant will only wake up the sleeping devil and I don't want to take that risk.(Medical students/ doctors can read between the lines).
I Will look at the adoption option if it will go well with us. why I wanted surrogacy is because the baby has nothing to do with the surrogate, from what I know, apart from nutrition. myself and my wife's eggs will be fertilized and inserted in her. so, I will not be getting any character surprises. when I look at my children doing some naughty things today, I get mad but inside of me I know this is me when I was much younger.
Thanks again to all. for those that wanted to exchange blows above, we can leave that to the politicians that have been deceiving us for years past.
thank you and God bless you.

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 29, 2018
frenzyduchess:
what makes it legal in Nigeria, seeing that there is no law recognizing it in the first place?. The only thing you can advise the OP is to have papers signed as legal back up but saying it is legal in Nigeria, I beg to disagree.
What are you even saying? Such confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by olowobaba10: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Milonis:
This guy is funny. You're a clean example of a heavily influenced chap (Western media influenced, pop culture, literature, Hollywood).

Have you taken enough time to ponder on what surrogacy really is? The compliance, the risk of becoming a root to the end of your marriage, etc.?

If you want another child and don't want adoption, simply get her pregnant. Simple. If you don't want her pregnant based on medical grounds, I understand. If it's cos you(or she) don't want her banging shape 'lost' then be honest with yourselves and don't go that route.

It is not as simple as it looks on the surface.
IGNORANCE IS A VERY BAD DISEASE, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SURROGACY IS ALL ABOUT, SIMPLY ASK AND BE LECTURED BEFORE POSTING COMMENTS.

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
ModelX:

What are you even saying? Such confusion.
for something to be legal ,it has to be back by law,which is not in Nigeria, so surrogacy is not legal in Nigeria,simple . But then he can have documents signed in case it turns to a legal battle with the surrogate mother, hope you are clear now?,enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
frenzyduchess:
for something to be legal ,it has to be back by law,which is not in Nigeria, so surrogacy is not legal in Nigeria,simple . But then he can have documents signed in case it turns to a legal battle with the surrogate mother, hope you are clear now?,enjoy the rest of your day.
Is picking my nose backed by law in Nigeria? Is it illegal?
Don't be clever by half hun.
Contracts can be drawn up to suit just about any arrangement between parties. Even without expressly mentioning surrogacy, a valid NDA etc can be made.
So if surrogacy is not illegal, then it is made legal.

P.S. I fear the logic eludes you (sigh).
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by LaudableXX: 1:34am On Jul 30, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Never heard of anyone who got their child(ren) through Surrogacy in Nigeria. Like the first reply you got, go to standard fertility clinics and make your enquiry.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

Surrogacy has been practised in traditional African societies, by many different cultures, from time immemorial. sad Haven't you heard of some senior wives marrying younger women for their husbands, to act as junior wives in order to give birth to children, especially when the senior wife is infertile or has reached menopause, and the husband still wants more kids?
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by LaudableXX: 1:38am On Jul 30, 2018
dominique:
The baby won't be biologically her's. It will be the woman's egg and man's sperm embryo implanted into her. She can never lay claim on such baby. Besides, there will be a lot of legal paperwork involved.
Not always so. Sometimes, the wife may not be producing eggs, and donor eggs may have to be used. sad In this case, the surrogate mother's own, might come into play.

echodrum:
Did you not read the part where he mentioned that the reason is best known to them and their Doctor. what exactly is surrogacy? what is wrong with it? and how is it western media influenced?
He is already on the right path by asking whether or not surrogacy is legal in Nigeria. if it is legal, then there is nothing wrong at all. Depending on the type of surrogacy he wants ( traditional or gestational surrogacy) in traditional surrogacy, the man's sperm and the surrogate egg are used and that genetically makes the surrogate a partial owner of the baby. But in gestational surrogacy, the couple's egg and sperm are used which make them by genetics, a 100% owner of the baby. Gestational surrogacy is preferable, since both couple's egg and sperm is used to make the baby unless otherwise. If you can't call IVF, family planning western media influenced, I don't see any reason why you should categorize surrogacy as western media influenced. Things like white wedding and baby showers are the type of things we should castigate as western media influenced.
Thank you! This is what I was trying to explain earlier. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by LaudableXX: 1:58am On Jul 30, 2018
diadem10:
Isn't that what Anita Okoye did Or did you see her pregnant? Yet the twins are loved. As long as the children are yours, nothing stop you from loving them. Or won't you love your child eventhough you have no womb to bare them? All ds naija mentality abegi.

Where did you hear that Anita Okoye used a surrogate, when she told everyone that she gave birth to her babies, by herself? shocked

Paul Okoye's wife, Anita Okoye, is grateful for her safe and natural delivery, and what better way to express it than with the sweet delivery video she just shared? The new-mother-of-twins took to her Instagram page to share a post on her delivery experience. She also revealed in the post that her delivery was a natural one.

"Thanks to God Almighty for blessing us far more than we deserve, for replacing and restoring all that we had lost… Thank you to my family and friends for the constant prayers and positivity throughout my pregnancy.

"I am especially thankful to my Labour Squad without whom I have no idea what I would have done!

"They made sure I didn’t have any worries, the best they could… threw me an amazing baby shower and stayed with me throughout my Labour and delivery!!

"My Labour Squad made everything seem so blissful and positive… my Labour Squad consists of these outstanding individuals who dropped everything to be there for me during my pregnancy and at the birth of the twins: My mom, My Auntie Buchi, Chinonso @veras_baby01 , Ro @myroniee, Theresa @tmamah , my 16-year old lil sis Uche @uchay___ , Andre’s nanny Ms.Helen, My Auntie Ephormaah , Cousin Chaz @chazgrey & Tasha @ms.bucks.

"I don’t know how I can ever express the level of gratitude I feel… God bless you all so much!! Thank you!!!! To my MVP Chinonso, who left everything, including her own 3 kids to be there for me… I have no idea how I can ever repay you!!! She literally helped us in choosing the best doctor and hospital, and held my leg and coached me, during the natural birth process of the twins…

"God bless you and your family!!! Thanks to theresa for documenting the entire process and editing the videos, I cannot stop laughing and tearing up and appreciating God!

"More videos to come!!! Thank you all so much again!

Love Anita!!!”
https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/celebrities/anita-shares-video-of-delivery-experience-id6995687.html
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2018
ModelX:

Is picking my nose backed by law in Nigeria? Is it illegal?
Don't be clever by half hun.
Contracts can be drawn up to suit just about any arrangement between parties. Even without expressly mentioning surrogacy, a valid NDA etc can be made.
So if surrogacy is not illegal, then it is made legal.

P.S. I fear the logic eludes you (sigh).
well, from the look of things, we seem to be saying the same thing, but I don't know why the insult tho, undecided anyway its obvious I am not the reason for your frustration,do have a terrible day grin.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Menab: 11:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
osomegbe:
Thanks for all the contributions. I have picked one thing or the other from you people and I will learn from it. I actually have 2 boys. they wanted a sister and I believe it will help them live fulfilled. I actually don't want my wife getting pregnant because she was treated of a medical case and she is healed now and getting pregnant will only wake up the sleeping devil and I don't want to take that risk.(Medical students/ doctors can read between the lines).
I Will look at the adoption option if it will go well with us. why I wanted surrogacy is because the baby has nothing to do with the surrogate, from what I know, apart from nutrition. myself and my wife's eggs will be fertilized and inserted in her. so, I will not be getting any character surprises. when I look at my children doing some naughty things today, I get mad but inside of me I know this is me when I was much younger.
Thanks again to all. for those that wanted to exchange blows above, we can leave that to the politicians that have been deceiving us for years past.
thank you and God bless you.

eventhough there are no law regulating surrogacy in Nigeria, it doesn't make it illegal please. there is difference between something being ilegal and something not regulated. surrogacy have come to stay. it is not a taboo. and for those saying they haven't heard Nigerian families welcome children through surrogacy, I am sorry to say but you are still backward. I run a surrogacy agency and I partner with an ivf clinic and almost every month babies are added to our diaries through surrogacy. infact three days ago another baby was added to my diary through surrogacy. before you say anything, first check the meaning of surrogacy on google. gestational surrogacy is a life saver. it is no sin. if you still need the services of a surrogate then reach out to me. and yes sex selection is very possible with ivf if you can afford it. My agency doesn't just link surrogates but monitor the process from start to delivery. you can chat me up 08068877661
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Treasure4u2: 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Do you need a surrogate mother? Do contact me on +2348146040114.Thanks.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Treasure4u2: 11:02am On Mar 20, 2019
Do you want to be a surrogate mother? Please do contact me on +2349030422539
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Treasure4u2: 10:39am On Apr 20, 2019
Are you in need of a surrogate mother? Please do contact me on +2348146040114. Don't you try to contact me if you know you are not serious or you don't need my service.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Treasure4u2: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
I want to be a surrogate mother, am very much willing to travel and relocate for the period of the surrogacy journey. Please do contact me if you are very serious about surrogacy +2348146040114. Thanks.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by missutethe: 11:44pm On May 01, 2020
When you need a surrogate mother...pls call 09019447977.Thank you....
Nwambaise:

It's perfectly legal but you must have a legal back up. Then don't depend on the hospitals to get willing partners for you cos they might get ambitious later, source yours. I'm handling one now for a relative at a cost I consider friendly. You can reach out for further discussions.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by missutethe: 12:02am On May 02, 2020
Do you need a surrogate mother. No stress.9months in and out for good. Call me 09019447977

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Government Has Reversed The Suspension Of Residency Training Programme / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth / ‘747,853 Females Among 1,090,233 Nigerians On HIV Treatment’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.