Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? (17493 Views)

ABF Cream How Effective Is It? / IUI And Surrogacy Treatment At IVF Centre Provides A Solution For Infertility / What Family Planning Are You Using And How Effective Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 11:09am On Jul 28, 2018
Milonis:

The psychological and emotional strain is unimaginable. At some point the woman carrying the child may actually start thinking "This is actually my baby". That's when trouble starts. And because the baby is gonna be with her until the right time to give back to the original parents, the bond is still with the one that bore them for 9months
Ooh the baby will even be with d surrogate mother for sometimes?? Hmmm! Abeg @op no try this for ds our country naija oo.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by oshe11: 11:09am On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

The baby won't be biologically her's. It will be the woman's egg and man's sperm embryo implanted into her. She can never lay claim on such baby. Besides, there will be a lot of legal paperwork involved.
Lol.....

Thats why I said they are deceptive

She would threaten to kill the baby or the husband marries her before giving birth.....

When a Desperate Nigerian woman sees a back door to marriage, She'd grab it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by modernWays: 11:12am On Jul 28, 2018
oshe11:
Try it here and end up having a 2nd Wife....

Most Nigerian girls are deceptive

Dont mind him,not only Nigerian women, no woman on earth will see her child after some years and not feel emotionally in the name of surrogacy. Also what child on earth will not ask of his/her mother if he get to know he was born through surrogacy.

Surrogacy will soon be banned even in western countries.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2018
But @op why do u want a baby girl when God has given u male/males or don't u have a child @ all? I don't understand this. Take the ones God has given u like that na. Haba!!!
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 11:15am On Jul 28, 2018
But @op why do u want a baby girl when God has given u male/males or don't u have a child @ all? I don't understand this. Take the ones God has given u like that na. Haba!!!
Pls don't land urself in trouble bc of this oo bikokwa!!
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2018
MollyBank:

My dear, if you want to do it, just do it. Stop telling people about it because most Nigerians don't really know what it's all about. They will discourage you and may probably start giving your baby a certain when she's born.

Before you do it, just find out the legal bits of it, and then proceed to a fertility clinic.

LOL,well said.
The ignorance I am seeing on this thread, is surprising.
Not surprising sha, this is Nigeria grin

3 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by mamatwiny(f): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2018
dominique:

What kind of hospital name is that? Sounds like a baby factory

She is right. Save a life foundation, prime hospital, I think first rivers, nordica and Most fertility clinics here offer the service. It is legal. All legal documents are signed. It is very expensive if the hospital gets the surrogate mother for you, but you can get yours and come to hospital with the lady. I heard it ranges BTW 2 million to 10million. Lots of undergraduates here in ph do this.
My sister ( a medical doc ) told me women come to her to offer this service but her hospital doesn't offer such service.

The only problem you will have is choosing the gender. Not sure any hospital can give you assurance of baby girl. It is all probability.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by oshe11: 11:19am On Jul 28, 2018
modernWays:

Dont mind him,not only Nigerian women, no woman on earth will see her child after some years and not feel emotionally in the name of surrogacy. Also what child on earth will not ask of his/her mother if he get to know he was born through surrogacy.

Sure!

Its highly complicated

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by blessedqueen(f): 11:23am On Jul 28, 2018
[quote author=oshe11 post=69774329] Same....

Some go ask for marriage before 9months sef[/quote

If I were d.man I will just adopt to avoid future wahala moreover what is d probability he's going to have a female child or is there a way it is done?
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2018
It happens well in Nigeria. Saw things in the hospital when my wife was in the hospital to give birth that left me dumbfounded.
Guys, things are happening in Nigeria that people dont know about
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2018
egojeny1:

Ooh the baby will even be with d surrogate mother for sometimes?? Hmmm! Abeg @op no try this for ds our country naija oo.
Unless you want to feed the baby with formula
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 11:26am On Jul 28, 2018
EweduAfonja:
Impossible
very very possible. Saw it with my own eyes in Abuja

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by OKclothier: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2018
MollyBank:

My dear, if you want to do it, just do it. Stop telling people about it because most Nigerians don't really know what it's all about. They will discourage you and may probably start giving your baby a certain when she's born.

Before you do it, just find out the legal bits of it, and then proceed to a fertility clinic.

Gbam!!!

@poster, just like the quoted handle above said, most Nigerians are ignorant about what it entails. There are ways to achieve what you desire but obviously thru IVF with a surrogate mother. Fertility clinics can handle that for you OR you can source for a surrogate yourself. Bottom line, the child is biologically yours if you use your sperm and your wife's egg.

Pls note, not all fertility clinics know their onion.

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by oshe11: 11:29am On Jul 28, 2018
blessedqueen:
There is a way

Na to carry his "X" Sperm take fertilise the Woman's Egg(Wife)
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2018
mamatwiny:

She is right. Save a life foundation, prime hospital, I think first rivers, nordica and Most fertility clinics here offer the service. It is legal. All legal documents are signed. It is very expensive if the hospital gets the surrogate mother for you, but you can get yours and come to hospital with the lady. I heard it ranges BTW 2 million to 10million. Lots of undergraduates here in ph do this.
My sister ( a medical doc ) told me women come to her to offer this service but her hospital doesn't offer such service.

The only problem you will have is choosing the gender. Not sure any hospital can give you assurance of baby girl. It is all probability.

They actually do gender selection. Cost an extra charge.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Worksunlimited: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2018
osomegbe:
I want a baby girl and for some reasons best known to us and doctors advice, i don't want my wife to get pregnant again. can i get a surrogate mother here in Nigeria and what are the cost and processes. Is it also legal in our society?

We talked about adopting but i felt we will not feel that fulfillment as our child. Don't get me wrong, i love other people but your blood is your blood. i take care of other people children in whatever way i can?

please, i need to know.

Sure.. It is very effective and legal.

For more details about this, Kindly contact The Lifeshore Clinics on 09090009002...
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by blackgold2018(m): 11:38am On Jul 28, 2018
MollyBank:

Ask elders what? Why would you even let them into your privacy? Surrogacy involves your the guy's sperm and the woman's ovum. The surrogate mother will just act as an incubator. She has no genetic connection to the baby.
Thanks man I was waiting to hear this. To all those Ignorant fellows thinking it only involves the man's sperm. Annoying beings instead to ask question but draws conclusion.
I listen and learn in things I don't know.. not to act as a fool to be among.

3 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Throwback: 11:39am On Jul 28, 2018
modernWays:

You don't even know what surrogacy is.

The child's mother is the one whose egg was used and not the carrier of the pregnancy. So no asking for mother will occur, except an asking for his/her carrier.

The surrogate does a job of carrying a pregnancy that was conceived by the sperm and egg of the client couple. If the surrogate has any contact with the child at all in the future, she only has an emotional connection and not a biological or genetic connection.

And there is no reason not to even inform the child that he was carried as a foetus by a surrogate to begin with. That does not in any way confuse his/her biological ancestry.

7 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Gregdcutie(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL,well said.
I'm telling you....ignorance everywhere. One even said surrogacy will soon be banned in western countries���

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by modernWays: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2018
pocohantas:

LOL,well said.

You are the one Ignorant here, .it's very legal and widely accepted in western countries because they're yet to see or think of repercusion this has to bring(on surrogate mother and the child) in the future.

Mark my word or comment today, "Surrogate mother" will eventually be ban or regulates in Western countries.

Some scientific discoveries cannot be totally effective withiout nature, read wide please.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by stephleena(f): 11:46am On Jul 28, 2018
oshe11:
Lol.....

Thats why I said they are deceptive

She would threaten to kill the baby or the husband marries her before giving birth.....

When a Desperate Nigerian woman sees a back door to marriage, She'd grab it
How? because the surrogate mum,might not even know who her client is..just like no lady is yet claim cristiano's first son
while in some cases,they might know,but can't do anything about it..just as in the case,of Kim and kanye
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by sweetilicious(f): 11:48am On Jul 28, 2018
I can't imagine carrying a child and giving her out for money.Who will suck my breast nah? Not my potion
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by oshe11: 11:50am On Jul 28, 2018
stephleena:

How? because the surrogate mum,might not even know who her client is..just like no lady is yet claim cristiano's first son
while in some cases,they might know,but can't do anything about it..just as in the case,of Kim and kanye
Unless the identity of the owner is hidden, which is better....
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by thebestprice(m): 11:52am On Jul 28, 2018
sweetilicious:
I can't imagine carrying a child and giving her out for money.Who will suck my breast nah? Not my potion
guys will suck your breast

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Gregdcutie(m): 11:53am On Jul 28, 2018
modernWays:

You are the one Ignorant here, .it's very legal and widely accepted in western countries because they're yet to see or think of repercusion this has to bring(on surrogate mother and the child) in the future.

Mark my word or comment today, "Surrogate mother" will eventually be ban or regulates in Western countries.

Some scientific discoveries cannot be totally effective withiout nature, read wide please.

Guy take several seats....typical Nigerian ignorant yet arrogant to learn a thing or two....Read up what surrogacy entails, the legal aspects to it and spare the world your ignorance riddled with religious and cultural sentiments.?Couldn't help but laugh at the .....they're yet to see or think of repercussion......#ThisisindeedNigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Optmus(m): 11:54am On Jul 28, 2018
undecided
GrammarNazi1:

...Nigeria...
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by modernWays: 11:56am On Jul 28, 2018
Throwback:

You don't even know what surrogacy is.

The child's mother is the one whose egg was used and not the carrier of the pregnancy. So no asking for mother will occur, except an asking for his/her carrier.

The surrogate does a job of carrying a pregnancy that was conceived by the sperm and egg of the client couple. If the surrogate has any contact with the child at all in the future, she only has an emotional connection and not a biological or genetic connection.

And there is no reason not to even inform the child that he was carried as a foetus by a surrogate to begin with. That does not in any way confuse his/her biological ancestry.

Lol, i dont comment on what i know nothing about.

I'm only talking about its repercussion on society in the near future. Human are emotional being even in the faces of laws.

Since anything we say seem illogical or unscientific to you guys, i wish you best of luck then.
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Gregdcutie(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2018
oshe11:
Unless the identity of the owner is hidden, which is better....

But the joy of motherhood is in the birthing which the mother wouldnt feel too
Absolute nonsense. Stop conjuring conclusions not backed up by any proof just seneteiments....you sure sound like one of those who will also publicly shame a woman for choosing to have an elective ceaserian section instead of a vaginal delivery....

4 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2018
Kaydeexotic:
All pikin na pikin .. don't get me wrong.. but why exactly are you bent on having a baby girl. It's odd in the Nigerian marital atmosphere to want a baby girl at all cost :-\ undecided
That is not true. I had witnessed cases were men abandoned their wives to marry another because of baby girl. The excuse most of them give are;
1. I want to enjoy bride price
2. Equality
3. Girls take care of their parents than guys

2 Likes

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Jidefido(m): 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
osomegbe:
I want a baby girl and for some reasons best known to us and doctors advice, i don't want my wife to get pregnant again. can i get a surrogate mother here in Nigeria and what are the cost and processes. Is it also legal in our society?

We talked about adopting but i felt we will not feel that fulfillment as our child. Don't get me wrong, i love other people but your blood is your blood. i take care of other people children in whatever way i can?

please, i need to know.

You should have asked the doctors that advised you against your wife getting pregnant.

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
TissuePaper:
Women are trying o... I'll have to give it to them.. Cuz me I can't imagine myself carrying a baby for 9months in my belly...shout-out to all mothers out there smiley
Man brace up.
They have been designedly for such NATURALLY, just like they were designed to talk “pra pra pra “
Re: Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? by NinaJoy(f): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2018
TheFreeOne:

Really?

I still doubt if surrogacy will work in this part of the world considering family influence in marriages and will the family of the surrogate mother not interfere if they got to know about such arrangement? Even will the surrogate mother keep to terms of agreement and not want to play a part in the child's life?

Not sure our society is mature for such cos we still hold importance of marriage in high pedestal.
If one agrees to be a surrogate u get to sign an agreement like a contract stating u will have nothing to do with the kid,,,and besides I think surrogate involves both the woman's(wife) eggs and the husband's sperm so basically u re been paid to be a human incubator...and there is a 90 percent chance the baby will not look like d surrogate..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Horrifying Things That Can Happen During Pregnancy / Kano Is Nigeria’s Drug Abuse Hot Spot- NDLEA / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.