Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report (30885 Views)

How MDAs Squandered ₦‎3.8 Trillion Under Buhari – Report / Anti-Buhari Protesters Slap Nigerian Government Official In US (Photos, Video) / Atiku Paid $10m To 10 Generals To Overthrow President Buhari – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by nnachukz(m): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
potoX:
See this one. When python visit you now you go dey shout UN, ICC up and down. If I hear say crude oil no flow
My dear I no trust this government o
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
EODforce:
. Tonye Tamuno,i think you will make a good lap-dog for my governor, Umahi

interested?

am serious
Lol make I no invoke juju for you o... Lapdog?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by saaron(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
bizzibodi:

....Move via pipelines do that yur folks will burst d pipelines looking 4 PM's abi?
I thought buhari said he will guard Nigeria's economy with soldiers?
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by potoX: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Coneheads:

but isnt there an existing refinery in kaduna already,why built another one in nearby katsina?
Its utterly senseless!.

There are 2 in the south and 2 now in the north! Waste of funds.
The money being used to build the refinery does it belong to your father?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by nnachukz(m): 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
obailala:
Like seriously, what is the problem with Nigerians with reading?

@Nnachukz, a honest answer please, have you bothered to read any of the reports about that Katsina refinery before proceeding with these comments or are you just commenting based on the titles of reports you see?... or could it be you have read and are aware of the details of the refinery but just speak out of hatred for Buhari?

Are you aware the refinery is 100% privately owned?... Due to the absence of pipelines to 'BUY' crude from the niger delta area, the private owners of the refinery are looking to source their crude from nearby oil fields in Niger as opposed to building pipelines from southern Nigeria which would eventually be vandalised as usual.

What exactly does this have to do with Buhari and why exactly should this be a problem or source of heartache or worry to anyone?

cc: saaron, Afonja007, Codes151, pawesome, HajimeSaito, Sharpshooota, bedspread, patrickcollins, coneheads
I don't trust this government, the story of buying from Niger could be a smokescreen. Once it is completed, you will see them change from buying from Niger to moving it from Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
johnmartus:
cool you're a patriotic but my problem with you is your political ideology .question when will you stop moving with those people that put Nigeria in a sorry state.
Truth is, there Is no political idealism in Nigeria's political context. It is about interests and convenience.

The fundamental thing is that we put the country first.
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by PHILipu1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
saaron:
What is the economic sense in building crude oil pipelines from Delta all the way to Katsina refinery when the same can be done in Niger Delta and shipped via petrol pipelines at minimal cost?
lol.
We have so many bye products from crude oil ok.
Are we going to be shipping all this Bye products one by one after we remove petrol?

Why can't we just ship all at once as crude and then separate them up there and sell to those that need those products.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by EODforce: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Lol make I no invoke juju for you o... Lapdog?
. yes naa, and am sure he will pay better than udom

inbox me ur number if interested
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by obailala(m): 5:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
nnachukz:

I don't trust this government, the story of buying from Niger could be a smokescreen. Once it is completed, you will see them change from buying from Niger to moving it from Niger Delta.

And the big question is, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?....

What is really wrong with the black man?... Why does the black man hate himself so much even to the level of hurting himself to spite his neighbour?.....

Nigeria currently sells over 98% of it's crude to foreigners with no one batting an eyelid. Today we have Dangote building a refinery in Lagos and another private businessman now planning to build a refinery in Katsina; but what do we get?... Nigerian youths already feeling heartaches and body pains and carrying placards saying "Nigerian businessmen shouldnt be allowed to BUY niger delta oil,"?... We should rather keep selling the oil to foreigners and folks like you Nnachukz will be more pleased that way?... And you do not think there's anything inherently wrong with your bare faced bad belle /obi-onugbu mentality? Tufiakwa...

You know the reason i worry about your mentality?... Its cos there are very many people sharing the same views as you and 95% of them are Igbos. What exactly has Buhari done to the mindset of most Igbo youths?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by johnmartus(m): 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Truth is, there Is no political idealism in Nigeria's political context. It is about interests and convenience.

The fundamental thing is that we put the country first.
but I think as upcoming politician we can rewrite the story and put thing straight we can't continue like this because of new generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by patrickcollins: 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
Butterflyleo:

NIGER REPUBLIC and not Niger state or Niger delta.

I am not going to spoonfeed you on anything. Google is your friend.

Many of you are simply internet illiterates. Smh
You're a big fool, the crude oil being produced here is sent outside the country to be refined because the refineries in this country have not been made to start functioning well while he wants to build a new refinery in kadunna mainly for refining petroleum that comes from Niger, you are the illiterate here, whether the crude oil comes from Niger delta or Niger Republic building a new refinery is just a waste of taxpayer's resources.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Butterflyleo: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2018
patrickcollins:
You're a big fool, the crude oil being produced here is sent outside the country to be refined because the refineries in this country have not been made to start functioning well while he wants to build a new refinery in kadunna mainly for refining petroleum that comes from Niger, you are the illiterate here, whether the crude oil comes from Niger delta or Niger Republic building a new refinery is just a waste of taxpayer's resources.

You need deliverance from degenerative foolishness.

Every refinery we have apart from Kaduna and the katsina refinery (in progress) are for light crude aka BONNY LIGHT.

Crude from Niger or north Africa is heavy and of a different blend.

You cannot refine heavy crude with a light crude refinery.

What is happening here is that Nigeria wishes to handle heavy crude refining for those northern African countries and ship it back to them. Its going to be a huge job opportunity and also an income opportunity for us.

Borrow some sense since you have none

4 Likes

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by obailala(m): 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
klas:

You should have guessed the level of education of most people you are responding to.

Definitely, they don’t even know that the Kaduna refinery they are complaining about does not use Nigerian oil because our oil is light crude and Kaduna refinery processes heavy crude from Arab countries and Venezuela so as to get other derivatives that light crude won’t give. Warri port is just serving as receiving point for the imported crude to be piped to Kaduna.
Wow! I didnt even know this myself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Chuks9000: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2018
Butterflyleo:

*facepalm* NIGER REPUBLIC and not NIGER STATE.

The desired volumes of crude for refining needs both to be up and running.
Ehen?
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by nnachukz(m): 6:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
obailala:

And the big question is, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?....

What is really wrong with the black man?... Why does the black man hate himself so much even to the level of hurting himself to spite his neighbour?.....

Nigeria currently sells over 98% of it's crude to foreigners with no one batting an eyelid. Today we have Dangote building a refinery in Lagos and another private businessman now planning to build a refinery in Katsina; but what do we get?... Nigerian youths already feeling heartaches and body pains and carrying placards saying "Nigerian businessmen shouldnt be allowed to BUY niger delta oil,"?... We should rather keep selling the oil to foreigners and folks like you Nnachukz will be more pleased that way?... And you do not think there's anything inherently wrong with your bare faced bad belle /obi-onugbu mentality? Tufiakwa...

You know the reason i worry about your mentality?... Its cos there are very many people sharing the same views as you and 95% of them are Igbos. What exactly has Buhari done to the mindset of most Igbo youths?
Whatever is wrong with fixing the ones we already have makes everything wrong when they begin to move crude from Niger Delta to run this one.
Leave black man from your dubious explanation.
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by citizenY(m): 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Foolishness flows in your veins no doubt. Read una no go gree
The oil is coming from Niger and not from the south south.
Wailers
And the news is that it is,a,private venture, not so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
johnmartus:
but I think as upcoming politician we can rewrite the story and put thing straight we can't continue like this because of new generation.
Maybe when we are elected into leadership
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Ikpongiton: 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
refinery in katsina?and obasanjo did not built in abeokuta nor jonathan in yenogua .
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by awakeupcall4all(m): 6:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
What useless private venture are we talking about here??...That terroristic president of the north residing in aso rock promised to revive all the 3 refineries we have in Nigeria during his 2015 propaganda campaign...Only to leave it to rot, stole NNPC dry and kept the money with his northern brother(just like he always do) and they turn around to say he wants to build refinery with that in Katsina claiming private venture!!..

This man is so so evil.....The Nigerdelta people and Nigerians at large really need to stand up to the terrorist now!!..

He must account for every penny he stole from NNPC.... North dey produce oil ni??....Which kain fuckery be this abeg??
citizenY:

And the news is that it is,a,private venture, not so?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by mfm04622: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2018
nnachukz:
Buhari will use his urine as crude oil for the refinery.
No crude from South South will flow up North for the Daura refinery.

The plan was for the crude to come from Niger Republic. It is also a private initiative. No kobo of Nigerian money is involved. Stop hatting

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by mfm04622: 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2018
saaron:
Building a Refinery in a desert with no oil. What other proof do Nigerians need to know that buhari is from Niger Republic?

Is Saudi Arabia not a desert?
The refinery is not being built by Nigeria. It is a private initiative. The oil will come from Niger. What exactly are you angry about in this case?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by mfm04622: 6:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
nnachukz:

Story.
The wisest thing the daura man can do is to abandon the three already existing refineries for this one?

How many times do we have to tell you the refinery is being built by private finance. Not a kobo of Nigerian money will be used. Since it is private, the owners can build it anywhere they like. Abi?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by mfm04622: 6:45pm On Jul 28, 2018
bedspread:
Creating Refineries is not a bad idea .. But I think Upgrading and Maintaining the Ones we Have should have been a Better deal... Cos at the end it might just be another waste of money Except it's a Private Sector Initiative

It is a private initiative

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by mfm04622: 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
frowland:

He as minister of Petroleum built the refineries (Warri, and Kaduna) you said are not working today. That subsequent governments including that of PDP's 16 years did not fix it, what makes you think it will be fixed in 3 years?
Secondly, that refinery is a joint agreement with neighboring country of which the crude oil will be coming from Chad and NOT from Niger delta. This will generate massive foreign exchange inflow. It's a win win for everyone.

The refinery will be private, not built by Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by frowland(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2018
mfm04622:

The refinery will be private, not built by Nigeria
Yea, that's true.
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Butterflyleo: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2018
awakeupcall4all:
What useless private venture are we talking about here??...That terroristic president of the north residing in aso rock promised to revive all the 3 refineries we have in Nigeria during his 2015 propaganda campaign...Only to leave it to rot, stole NNPC dry and kept the money with his northern brother(just like he always do) and they turn around to say he wants to build refinery with that in Katsina claiming private venture!!..

This man is so so evil.....The Nigerdelta people and Nigerians at large really need to stand up to the terrorist now!!..

He must account for every penny he stole from NNPC.... North dey produce oil ni??....Which kain fuckery be this abeg??

See them online illiterates who think Nigeria is the only oil producing country in Africa. They never knew that Nigeria has been working closely with Niger Republic regarding their own oil for years now.

Mumu wailers

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by akiOYIBO: 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Na south south and dem militants matter.....

They can blow up any pipeline......i don't care......

SS and militancy are like 5 and 6 and their leaders exploiting their intelligence to full illiteracy.....

look at Delta state with all its revenue....and 13% derivation the masses are still suffering.....

No wonder it was once rumoured that delta state was sacrificed to Benin kingdom.

Abeg Igboamaka........we are militants on our own agitating for what is right.....not militancy through proxy Edwin clark....
Sure

1 Like

Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by nowpresence(f): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Na south south and dem militants matter.....

They can blow up any pipeline......i don't care......

SS and militancy are like 5 and 6 and their leaders exploiting their intelligence to full illiteracy.....

look at Delta state with all its revenue....and 13% derivation the masses are still suffering.....

No wonder it was once rumoured that delta state was sacrificed to Benin kingdom.

Abeg Igboamaka........we are militants on our own agitating for what is right.....not militancy through proxy Edwin clark....
na your generation they sacrifice to Benin kingdom
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2018
nowpresence:

na your generation they sacrifice to Benin kingdom

U can't deny Benin and their ethnical ties with delta state this critical period.
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Raphael007(m): 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Gamesmart:

@Raphael007, dem don they help you a bit by warning you o.

Dem no want make you dey so gullible!
I wanted to say something to you looking at your profile I now understand you are a slowpoke I officially give up on you.
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by karlboss: 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Katsina Refinery: SouthSouth Governors, PANDEF Speak On Anti-Buhari Report by Iziquiel(m): 7:34pm On Jul 28, 2018
Afonja007:
and where did Bihar got the 2 billion dollars for refinery ok from gworo or from fulani cows ?may ogun with amadioha Choke your troat with cow dungs for this your statement, that your state is receiving monthly allocation is not from oil? Ewu Gambia jati jati
Even after the disclaimer by Gov. Emmanuel Udom you still believe the 2b dollar story. I pity for you sha!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adebayo Shittu Reacts To Victor Oluwadamilare's Allegations Of Corruption / Jaafar Jaafar Flees To UK After Exposing Ganduje Bribe Video / Mmobuosi Congratulates Tinubu, Hints On Total Acquisition Of Sheffield United FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.