Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria (14390 Views)

Ago Supply @225 With Delivery Within Lagos / Cardrop Car Delivery Service Within Nigeria / STORE FOR ALL KINDS OF VOLKSWAGEN MOTOR SPEAR PARTS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 2:40am On May 08, 2019
radautoworks:

These parts sellers have really set unrealistic expectations for the price of good parts with the crap they've been selling that reduce engine life span to barely over 100,00 when 250,000 is the norm. The coils for your car are not as cheap as say a Hyundai.

That being said, if you can get them to Nigeria, Amazon is having some jaw dropping prices on your coils.

While we are on the topic, genuine shocks do not come in pairs and all the KYB shocks in the market in Nigeria are fakes.
Hehehe gazzuzz comes to mind... Where he dey buy those kyb shocks from?
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 8:36pm On May 08, 2019
radautoworks:

These parts sellers have really set unrealistic expectations for the price of good parts with the crap they've been selling that reduce engine life span to barely over 100,00 when 250,000 is the norm. The coils for your car are not as cheap as say a Hyundai.

That being said, if you can get them to Nigeria, Amazon is having some jaw dropping prices on your coils.

While we are on the topic, genuine shocks do not come in pairs and all the KYB shocks in the market in Nigeria are fakes.

I know they are not cheap and yes I am aware of the price at Amazon it's also the reason I got some goose bumps when I saw your pricing. I think your mark-up is somewhat on the high side if you ask me. Some of us are interested in OEM replacement but certainly not at over 130USD for a unit item.

I gave gotten some OEM replacements off eBay and while I wait for it's arrival will consider managing with a fake for now.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 6:15am On May 09, 2019
ojeysky:

I know they are not cheap and yes I am aware of the price at Amazon it's also the reason I got some goose bumps when I saw your pricing. I think your mark-up is somewhat on the high side if you ask me. Some of us are interested in OEM replacement but certainly not at over 130USD for a unit item.

I gave gotten some OEM replacements off eBay and while I wait for it's arrival will consider managing with a fake for now.
Thanks

Again I understand but there are some caveats.

1) we do not set our prices. Carquest does.

2) let's do some math here. Shipping and taxes by container usually costs us about 25-35% depending how bad clearing is. Then we have about 5% utilities like diesel since we are in Nigeria which is not cheap. Then we have another 12% salaries, maintenance and inventory costs. So... What's a fair markup in your opinion. And let's not even talk about when we bring them in by air which costs $3.38-4.50 per pound (which by the way we do not pass on to the customer and often barely break even on just to get it to those that need it).

3) when things go wrong during shipping from the states, headquarters doesn't eat the costs, we do.

4) we carry cheaper alternatives for your car- they just aren't in stock in Nigeria (see third picture)

It doesn't work for everyone which is why I offered alternative methods to get what you want, which you have. It was possible because coils are not too heavy. Try the same thing with brake pads or an ac compressor and you'll see things more our way.

I seriously would like to know based on the percentages I gave you above for the specific ignition coil I quoted, what would you sell it at? Assume your cost is about 30% off the price in the first picture. Second picture "cost" is the selling price I quoted you. And yes, that's the same E789 coil.

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 6:31am On May 09, 2019
CityNGR:

Hehehe gazzuzz comes to mind... Where he dey buy those kyb shocks from?

Not throwing stones. People buy what is available to them.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 10:07am On May 09, 2019
radautoworks:

Not throwing stones. People buy what is available to them.
Why would I throw stones too?
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 2:20pm On May 09, 2019
CityNGR:

Why would I throw stones too?

Not you. I know some will take it as a dig against others.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 10:46am On May 10, 2019
radautoworks:

Again I understand but there are some caveats.

I seriously would like to know based on the percentages I gave you above for the specific ignition coil I quoted, what would you sell it at? Assume your cost is about 30% off the price in the first picture. Second picture "cost" is the selling price I quoted you. And yes, that's the same E789 coil.

First I think the initial cost price from carquest is a non-starter. So let's focus on the cost of shipping using the pricing on Amazon; A unit is less than 1pounds and there are folks who do 5 to 7USD shipping per pounds(clearing inclusive) so shipping cost for a unit should not be more than 3k max and would be less since I expect you will do bulk shipping.
Adding your taxes, profit et all, I do think a pricing between 20 to 25k for direct OEM replacement(Denso) would be fair enough.

Regards
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 12:54pm On May 10, 2019
ojeysky:

First I think the initial cost price from carquest is a non-star ter. So let's focus on the cost of shipping using the pricing on Amazon; A unit is less than 1pounds and there are folks who do 5 to 7USD shipping per pounds(clearing inclusive) so shipping cost for a unit should not be more than 3k max and would be less since I expect you will do bulk shipping.
Adding your taxes, profit et all, I do think a pricing between 20 to 25k for direct OEM replacement(Denso) would be fair enough.

Regards

I'm enjoying this discussion with you. It's logical and free of emotion.

Your selling price of N25,000 ($68) is for an item with a price range of $58-75 in the USA with Walmart being the cheapest because they do not pay vendors for 180 days or more after they receive items and only pay for what they sold. So how does that work?

That would mean that with your selling price divided by your 42% expenses, your break-even cost on the denso would be N17,605 ($48.23). You would have to buy the denso for less than N17,605 to make profit which we all know is impossible because I already told you your cost was about 30% of retail. Let's assume you CAN get it at a cost of N17,605 anyway, you are selling at $68 with no profit an item that retails in the USA at $58-75. How is that sustainable?

I have attached the exact part we are taking about with pricing from multiple vendors.

Your starting cost is roughly 30% off retail which would be 74.99*.7= 52.49 (N20,000 approximately) what would your selling price be? I've given you actual expenses in the previous post so you can't just choose what numbers make you happy. Faced with the expenses I gave earlier, what would you sell for as a business owner?

Also, you should know that there is a 5 pound minimum shipment requirement so anything that weighs less than that will be charged $20. It may be part of a bulk order, it may not be. Do you give different customers different prices based on if their order will be a party of a larger order or not, or do you give a flat price and accept that some orders you will lose and some you will profit?

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 2:47pm On May 10, 2019
I would like to apologize to nairalanders for my sporadic responses on Cartalk. My medical leave is taking longer than anticipated. Thank you for understanding.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 12:16am On May 11, 2019
For those who know, Liqui-Moly both regular and extended life and R134a in stock from Monday .

Also, [s]OEM transmission and CVT fluids for Nissan, Toyota, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc.[/s]

UPDATE: wrong container. This one has Carquest oils lipsrsealed

Will update for previous fluids arrival date. Apologies for wrong information.

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by ojeysky(m): 9:44am On May 11, 2019
radautoworks:

I'm enjoying this discussion with you. It's logical and free of emotion.

Your selling price of N25,000 ($68) is for an item with a price range of $58-75 in the USA with Walmart being the cheapest because they do not pay vendors for 180 days or more after they receive items and only pay for what they sold. So how does that work?

That would mean that with your selling price divided by your 42% expenses, your break-even cost on the denso would be N17,605 ($48.23). You would have to buy the denso for less than N17,605 to make profit which we all know is impossible because I already told you your cost was about 30% of retail. Let's assume you CAN get it at a cost of N17,605 anyway, you are selling at $68 with no profit an item that retails in the USA at $58-75. How is that sustainable?

I think you are right, i was actually using the 25k mark assuming that you will be getting the stuff at bulk price[1] and not the retail price but i guess i should not be working with such assumptions so let me work with your figures below

radautoworks:

I have attached the exact part we are taking about with pricing from multiple vendors.

Your starting cost is roughly 30% off retail which would be 74.99*.7= 52.49 (N20,000 approximately) what would your selling price be? I've given you actual expenses in the previous post so you can't just choose what numbers make you happy. Faced with the expenses I gave earlier, what would you sell for as a business owner?

Also, you should know that there is a 5 pound minimum shipment requirement so anything that weighs less than that will be charged $20. It may be part of a bulk order, it may not be. Do you give different customers different prices based on if their order will be a party of a larger order or not, or do you give a flat price and accept that some orders you will lose and some you will profit?

Actually i think the cost you stated in your previous mail can be less; I understand there is a minimum weight required but I also expect that you won't fall short of such minimum since as a business person you won't be shipping just the coil alone. Nevertheless working with 20k as cost price (note that this is for DENSO but the one quoted at carquest is not DENSO), and a shipping cost of 3k with a 30% profit should bring the cost of DENSO coil to 30k and if we were to add tax (5%?) then that will push things to approximately 32k. So give and take a max amount i would sell the particular denso iginition coil is 35k.

Regards
1. For instance 6 units at carquest was about 117 USD (3rd image in your first post)
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 7:16pm On May 11, 2019
ojeysky:

I think you are right, i was actually using the 25k mark assuming that you will be getting the stuff at bulk price[1] and not the retail price but i guess i should not be working with such assumptions so let me work with your figures below

Actually i think the cost you stated in your previous mail can be less; I understand there is a minimum weight required but I also expect that you won't fall short of such minimum since as a business person you won't be shipping just the coil alone. Nevertheless working with 20k as cost price (note that this is for DENSO but the one quoted at carquest is not DENSO), and a shipping cost of 3k with a 30% profit should bring the cost of DENSO coil to 30k and if we were to add tax (5%?) then that will push things to approximately 32k. So give and take a max amount i would sell the particular denso iginition coil is 35k.

Regards
1. For instance 6 units at carquest was about 117 USD (3rd image in your first post)

Why can't more Nairaland interactions be like this? smiley
That wasn't the price for 6 units. That says you NEED 6 units for that car model . Easy mistake to make.

I'm actually taking about denso with all the numbers and screenshots I gave you. The denso retails between $58-75 with advance and pretty much everyone except Walmart and Amazon selling at $74.99 in the us. The one I quoted in my original response wasn't a denso and is actually more expensive than denso because there was no denso in stock. Our price for denso in the screenshot I sent is $117.77 (N42,986). And now let's look at your numbers for the denso.

Realistically, shipping is N6,000 (30%). Try adding the coil to Amazon cart with shipping to Nigeria and see how much they charge They definitely won't ship it for N6,000. Their shipping is 33.8% and they have excellent rates and ship in bulk being one of the largest retailers in the world!

I actually started to do a lengthy post but didn't have to. Let's say I accept your calculations which are actually assuming perfect conditions. You forgot salaries and utilities at 17%. Add those and you are at N38,400 which is only N4,986 off our price. So you see, our prices are quite good and not unreasonable after all wink

Another thing to keep in mind as a business owner dealing with tens of thousands of different parts, coils are light. Most parts are not. Are you going to try to build shopping costs individually or offset heavy items with lighter ones. And there is a thing called volume shipping versus weight shipping which you should look up even for light items.

Edit: don't know how I forgot one of our largest costs all this time. INSURANCE!!! but we'll forget about that since we've already gone down another road.

1 Like

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 7:28pm On May 11, 2019
Radautoworks I don't know what to say you.... Ordinary NGK G Power 7090
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 7:31pm On May 11, 2019
radautoworks:
For those who know, Liqui-Moly both regular and extended life and R134a in stock from Monday .

Also, OEM transmission and CVT fluids for Nissan, Toyota, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc.

At what price are you bringing the liquimoly?
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 8:06pm On May 11, 2019
CityNGR:

At what price are you bringing the liquimoly?

N30k
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 8:08pm On May 11, 2019
radautoworks:

N30k
How much are my spark Plugs.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 8:13pm On May 11, 2019
CityNGR:

How much are my spark Plugs.

I thought Gbenga gave you a price when you spoke to him. N2,679 each and will have to be ordered in.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 8:14pm On May 11, 2019
radautoworks:

I thought Gbenga gave you a price when you spoke to him. N2,679 each and will have to be ordered in.
No he didn't. Can I shoot you an email? Kewalram is selling same for a thousand naira per one?
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 8:18pm On May 11, 2019
CityNGR:

No he didn't. Can I shoot you an email? Kewalram is selling same for a thousand naira per one?

More power to them o. Makes more sense to buy from there for this item.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 8:19pm On May 11, 2019
radautoworks:

More power to them o. Makes more sense to buy from there for this item.

Is that all you have to say?
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 12:02am On May 12, 2019
CityNGR:

Is that all you have to say?

Yup
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by CityNGR: 6:07am On May 12, 2019
radautoworks:

Yup
I need to speak my mind to your face!! Your business model has so many defects that can sink it without notice.

1 Like

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 8:30pm On May 12, 2019
CityNGR:

I need to speak my mind to your face!! Your business model has so many defects that can sink it without notice.

You know where to find me and I welcome constructive criticism smiley

I'm not sure what about though because if they are cheaper they have a better business model and you should buy from them.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by thebigkendo(m): 9:33pm On May 12, 2019
radautoworks:

If it's 3.0 your car is a 2007 not 2008. http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=FP&partNumber=FG0914

N133,389 2 year warranty 6-10 day delivery

FreshMekanik come & collect your fresh fuel pump grin grin

Baba see price.. He no respond again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 12, 2019
thebigkendo:

Baba look am say, how much con be the motor wey fuel pump na 133k grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 9:44pm On May 12, 2019
thebigkendo:

It's like gazzuzz was a prophet in that play he wrote lol
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2019
radautoworks:

You know where to find me and I welcome constructive criticism smiley

I'm not sure what about though because if they are cheaper they have a better business model and you should buy from them.

NgcoboP will never buy any part, just seeks attention.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 9:54pm On May 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

NgcoboP will never buy any part, just seeks attention.

Make you dey look me now grin
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by FreshMekanik: 3:41pm On May 13, 2019
grin
thebigkendo:

Honestly I was speechless. Na tukumbo I come settle for. grin grin grin
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by radautoworks: 3:43pm On May 13, 2019
FreshMekanik:
grin

Honestly I was speechless. Na tukumbo I come settle for. grin

Pele. I wish it was cheaper. How much did you get the toks? I genuinely hope the toks last for a while and I don't see you again in 3-6 months. That happens A LOT.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by FreshMekanik: 3:51pm On May 13, 2019
radautoworks:

Pele. I wish it was cheaper. How much did you get the toks? I genuinely hope the toks last for a while and I don't see you again in 3-6 months. That happens A LOT.

#10,500. At Ikoku market in port Harcourt.
Re: FREE Parts DELIVERY Within Nigeria by thebigkendo(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2019
FreshMekanik:

#10,500. At Ikoku market in port Harcourt.

Ahhh for just the pump or complete?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

»»» Distress Sale: Neat Camry Spyder 010 Now N2.7M Non Negotiable ««« / Pre-ordered By Another Nairalander **1998 Toyota Sienna CE From Fhemmmy / **Pre~Order your LEXUS / INFINITI @ LEXUS AUTOLAND All With Clean Carfax Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.