Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Would You Vote For An Atheist? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Vote For An Atheist? (2304 Views)

Mubarak Bala: Soyinka Accuses Ganduje Of Hypocrisy Over Atheist’s Imprisonment / Atheist Mubarak Spends Holiday In Prison As Police Shun Court Order / 'Fayose Has Promised Students 20 Marks To Vote For PDP' – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Twistsss: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
Atheists in Nigeria are only atheist in their own room. Once they step out in public they are Christian or Muslim.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by wirinet(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
Shelumiel:
Voting for an atheist is equivalent to voting for homosexuals, lesbians, cross-dressers, terrorists , sado-masochists and all sorts of perverted persons.

So how many homosexuals, lesbians, cross-dressers, terrorists , sado-masochists, etc do you know.

So the Catholic priests that abused little boys all around the world were atheists?

So the Methodist church, anglican church and other denominations that ordained openly gays priests were atheists?

So ISIS, Boko Haram, al-shabab, nazis etc were atheists?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by JackBizzle: 7:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Logicboy, thehomer, LogicMind, JackBizzle, Johnnydon, cyrex, Mazaje, Seun, etc. I don't have energy for argument anymore. We should be paid to do this here.

Logicboy is jackbizzle grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Ziggylady(f): 8:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Nigerian atheists are nothing but a bunch of cowardly loud-mouthed jokers...simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2018
JackBizzle:

Logicboy is jackbizzle grin
I know. I did that on purpose.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by budaatum: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sapiosexuality:
Atheist? Why? All the atheists I know, the ones from Nairaland are not even smart, which atheist are we talking about?
Guess you haven't met buda!
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:05am On Jul 30, 2018
budaatum:
Lol. I'd see.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by haaryobhami: 8:21am On Jul 30, 2018
i would vote for an atheist 10p%,infact ill Champaign for him or her.
our xtian md muslim leaders like buhari,osibamjo,obj,gej nd co what av they done for us.
most country of d world ruled by atheist are doin great

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2018
Pavore9:

I responded directly to the OP's mention of an atheist and the implying from some responders that a person without religious affiliation is a no go area.

fair enough then
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by kalu61(m): 9:47am On Jul 30, 2018
Ziggylady:

Nigerian atheists are nothing but a bunch of cowardly loud-mouthed jokers...simple.
No bi fight na
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by ScienceWatch: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2018
Ehiscotch:
WOULD YOU DROP RELIGION ASIDE AND VOTE FOR AN ATHEIST?
No No ! I would never risk the future of my community by voting for an Atheist.
When I examine the thinking and resultant consequences in the lives of only four powerful and influential atheist below, I fear the future.

Charles Darwin – The master of fake evolution theories. He lived the greatest portion of his life in deep mental depression, there is a history of mental illness in his family. He believed his dad had the power of prediction; He had an endless catalogue of psychosomatic illnesses and lived as a semi invalid barely past thirty.

Thomas Henry Huxley- He will be remembered by the public merely as the athiest man who held that we were descended from the ape, or as the apostle of Darwinism, The Big Bang.
He detested his hot tempered father he suffered terrible bullying at school and had a terrible fear of insanity, which ran in his family. In fact his father died in an insane asylum.
His hatred of God was rooted in the fear that the insanity in his family was caused by unclean spirits. He believed he had been poisoned by vapours from a dead body. After his only son dies of scarlet fever he detested God and believed he was cruel, hostile, angry and indifferent to suffering.

Nietzsche – Grew up with no male role model, he was a repressed homosexual and a victim of syphilis, depression and insanity, then died in a Mental Asylum.. He blamed his mom for the death of his father.
Nietzsche had the impressive feat of becoming a professor by the age of 24. However, he was alienated by his peers and forced to retire by the age of 35. Nietzsche also wanted abandon philosophy in favour of gardening, but apparently failed at that as well.
Nietzsche began to believe himself to be Jesus, Napoleon, Buddha and other historical figures. Nietzsche’s family threw him into asylum

Sigmund Freud – During his insanity, He believed women wanted sex with their fathers and womens stories of rape and molestation were fantasies. Instead of victims these women were the villains.( shocking)

Freud was the founding father of psychoanalysis, [/b]a method for treating a mental illness and also a theory which explains human behaviour. Freud believed a female is a failed boy.
[b]He was obsessed with having sex with his mother and rivalry with his dad. The desire to have sex with his mother and kill his father haunted his dreams. He believed women wanted sex with there fathers and stories of rape and molestation were fantasies. Instead of victims these women were villains.

Now I am studying the life of a proud atheist who prides himself on superior intellect and subjective morality. He logically became a remorseless serial killer.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by ScienceWatch: 11:55am On Jul 30, 2018
budaatum:

Lmao
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by ScienceWatch: 12:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
Twistsss:
Atheists in Nigeria are only atheist in their own room. Once they step out in public they are Christian or Muslim.
Correct. Your astute observation hints at their cowardice. They are also afraid to add "Atheist" to their job applications.

Your observation also proves the mental insanity of Atheism because you are implying that in public they become what they hate, which is Christian and Muslim.

Thank you for sharing.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by ScienceWatch: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
teewhydope:
I believe, only an atheist can revive this dead country. so definitely YES
Lol
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by ScienceWatch: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
candy:
Why not? God can use an atheist to straighten things in the country. Besides, atheists won't go about killing and maiming people, forcing them to join their non existent religion.
Let's consider what an elected atheist leader did. Shall we ?

Athiest Plutarco Elías Calles
An atheist President of Mexico who forcibly shut down multiple religious schools, monasteries, and convents, as well as confiscated large amounts of Church property. His policies ended up killing up to 4,000 priests, depriving 17 Mexican state of priests entirely.

(In reaction to his vehement anti-religious policies, the people of Mexico fought back in the "Cristero War," which they eventually won)

The serious weakness of Atheism is their callous disregard for others. Even their bible, The Atheists Training Manual that Butterflyleo reposted on WinnerO1's topic testify to the cruelty inherent in the atheist mindset.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by eventsms(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
Yes.
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Let's consider what an elected atheist leader did. Shall we ?

Athiest Plutarco Elías Calles
An atheist President of Mexico who forcibly shut down multiple religious schools, monasteries, and convents, as well as confiscated large amounts of Church property. His policies ended up killing up to 4,000 priests, depriving 17 Mexican state of priests entirely.

(In reaction to his vehement anti-religious policies, the people of Mexico fought back in the "Cristero War," which they eventually won)

The serious weakness of Atheism is their callous disregard for others. Even their bible, The Atheists Training Manual that Butterflyleo reposted on WinnerO1's topic testify to the cruelty inherent in the atheist mindset.
Thanks for pointing this out sir; makes a lot of sense. However, most of the so-called atheists in Nigeria are just folks who are tired of going to church or mosque. I think they'll do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2018
Twistsss:

I'm openly atheist

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2018
Ziggylady:

Must feel good getting that nonsense of your chest, doesn't it?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2018
kalu61:
No bi fight na
Hahaha
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by hopefulLandlord: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2018
wirinet:

So how many homosexuals, lesbians, cross-dressers, terrorists , sado-masochists, etc do you know.

So the Catholic priests that abused little boys all around the world were atheists?

So the Methodist church, anglican church and other denominations that ordained openly gays priests were atheists?

So ISIS, Boko Haram, al-shabab, nazis etc were atheists?

Nice!
Re: Would You Vote For An Atheist? by Sall(m): 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2018
kodded:
a vote for an atheist us a vote for your freedom go and check how China and north Korea are doing under their atheist leaders

...zero freedom !

JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, AND SWITZERLAND ARE MAINLY ATHEISTS COUNTRY . ARE THEY ZERO FREEDOM TOO? HYPOCRISY IS ALL I SEE IN You.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udom Is On Ground. I Can No Longer Guarantee Your Victory In 2019, Akpabio Tells / Reduce The Number Of Nigerians You Give Visa, FG Begs EU / PDP Didn’t Give Me Fair Hearing – Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.