Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You (60276 Views)

Which Other Countries Can You Travel To With A UK Visa? / Which Countries Can I Travel To - Building My Travel History / Which Of These Europe Countries Can I Travel To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Mizk(f): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2018
LagosWharf:

You missed the point. These countries have visa free access to other big countries once you have their passport. You see, Nigeria passport holders can go to countries like Ghana and start living there without wahala. If you are a passport holder of one of these countries, eg st kits and nevis, you can go visa free to Canada and all shengen countries just like you are going to Ghana.
I get the point and I'm telling you I'd rather stay in nigeria if i had that amount
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by LagosWharf: 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mizk:
I get the point and I'm telling you I'd rather stay in nigeria if i had that amount

If you have only $150,000 then you don't need it. But trust me, if your networth is over $20million you will be offended by the troubles you will pass through applying for Visas when you want to travel out. This second passport is for very wealthy people. They just keep their Nigeria passport under their bag, use their new passport to travel visa free. They only bring out their Nigerian passport when they are returning. This passport is not for those that have only that amount.

3 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by imagrg(m): 9:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
I still think Nigeria is the best place to live in. Bad leadership, tribalism, greed and corruption are the bane of our economic growth.

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by WesBreezy: 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abeg how much be Kuwait jaale last price?
Na there I wan go
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by brodalikeme(m): 10:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Rooneyboy:

She also has a military background and has been in alot of wars.

Help me tell am befor him move from political section go dey cry for romance section
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by tunary(m): 10:33pm On Jul 30, 2018
handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?
Everything in Nigeria is free
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Butoneday2(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
Pls the Austria is dat $23 million dollars or $23 thousand dollars. undecided
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
LagosWharf:

You missed the point. These countries have visa free access to other big countries once you have their passport. You see, Nigeria passport holders can go to countries like Ghana and start living there without wahala. If you are a passport holder of one of these countries, eg st kits and nevis, you can go visa free to Canada and all shengen countries just like you are going to Ghana.

bro sadly, yes these passport holder you mention can go to "visit" places visa free, but to live there is another ball game entirely.... if moving to the US is the aim of a person who has money, then investing as little as usd100K-150K in a local business (or create jobs for about 10people) will get you a visa. duh!

so tell me, would you rather spend usd100K to get a passport from these BS lands so that you could go to the US on a 3months tourist visa OR simply invest usd100-150K in a US local biz and get a renewable 3-5yrs resident permit?

2 Likes

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Henon: 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?
My dear the post said 10 countries not 10 zoo
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2018
fatdon2:
Did you ever know that citizenship could be bought outrightly in some parts of the world? Well if you don’t know you do and will also know why it has become the latest fantasies of the super-rich.

According to a report by Bloomberg, a second passport—or a third or fourth—has become another trophy for the ultra-wealthy and so for most of them, it is more for bragging rights.

When interviewed, Christian Kalin, chairman of Henley & Partners, a firm which provides citizenship advice and publishes rankings such as the Quality of Nationality Index opined that wealthy buyers “are looking for security”. “They want peace of mind in case of a revolution or other upheaval in their home countries”, he said.
Many nations of the world, the U.S. included, allow migrant residents the chance to apply for citizenship only after meeting certain criteria but these only 10 countries permit other nationals to acquire outright citizenship which comes with a certain price. These prices may also require payment in the form of direct investment into their economy, typically in property or the setting up of a local business.
Eight out of these ten countries are classified by the IMF as offshore financial centres, though Kalin said stability, not tax avoidance, is what influences most of the buyers. That and bragging rights. “If you have a yacht and two airplanes, the next thing to get is a Maltese passport,” he said. “It’s the latest status symbol. We’ve had clients who simply like to collect a few.”

See the list of the counties below:
http://www.thenet.ng/can-afford-ten-countries-can-sell-citizenship/

Austria can't be 23 million dollars.
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by loomer: 12:29am On Jul 31, 2018
if i get 23million dollars, wetin wan carry me leave naija?
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by somehow: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2018
E.G?

EponOjuku:

In Nigeria, you can be a billionaire and container would fall on your vehicle in traffic.
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by BabaRamota1980: 5:20am On Jul 31, 2018
What position is Nigeria on the list? cool
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 31, 2018
Emmafe:
When you add USA to the list call me.

Samsung phones lover, check my Signature
$500000 for USA .
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Nemesis08(m): 7:00am On Jul 31, 2018
I didn't see Seychelles on the list. For $25,000 you can get a citizenship there
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by truthfulmallam(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2018
handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?

No cost to enter Naija. Just waka cross border enter, and boom, you're a citizen already.
We welcome all -- Indians especially, then former "Muammar Gaddafi fighters", ...etc
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by thunderbabs: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2018
chiboy1116:
who go buy?

Lol... South sudan, somalia, chad, Niger rep. , all doz poverty stricken countries wey resemble Nigeria na... Dey go b our customers. cheesy

Benin Republic sef no go gree buy coz deir economy is far better off
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by LagosWharf: 8:15am On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

bro sadly, yes these passport holder you mention can go to "visit" places visa free, but to live there is another ball game entirely.... if moving to the US is the aim of a person who has money, then investing as little as usd100K-150K in a local business (or create jobs for about 10people) will get you a visa. duh!

so tell me, would you rather spend usd100K to get a passport from these BS lands so that you could go to the US on a 3months tourist visa OR simply invest usd100-150K in a US local biz and get a renewable 3-5yrs resident permit?

Eyah. Don't try to gain likes by misrepresenting facts. You cannot get US visa by investing $100k-150k in a local biz. The E5 investor visa has a minimum of $500,000. I am not the one who set the minimum at $500k. You can check US government website directly and stop twisting facts

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/immigrant-investor-visas.html
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by karimusaa: 8:25am On Jul 31, 2018
fergie001:
Mtchew....na Croatia I wan go jhoo

BaDt Guy.....I know why and your wife will hear this...
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2018
LagosWharf:

Eyah. Don't try to gain likes by misrepresenting facts. You cannot get US visa by investing $100k-150k in a local biz. The E5 investor visa has a minimum of $500,000. I am not the one who set the minimum at $500k. You can check US government website directly and stop twisting facts

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/immigrant-investor-visas.html

lol Nigerians, you tire me with your usual narrow minded ways....

bro, EDUCATE yourself so i dont have to do it for you. check the E2 visa requirements and thank me later.
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Rajosh(m): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2018
Mizk:
With 1,000000$ i can live large in naija and buy my way through almost everything, now why would i pay almost 400milla to be in any of these wack countries? grin
Same question I asked myself. imagine spending all those amount of money just to buy citizenship. With $100000, you're a big man in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Assassin101: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2018
Naija citizenship is F.O.C.

Accept it at your own peril

handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by fergie001: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2018
karimusaa:

BaDt Guy.....I know why and your wife will hear this...
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Rajosh(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2018
if I pay $23,750,000 for Austria's citizenship, will they make me their president? if no then I'm not interested.

1 Like

Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by Rajosh(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2018
thunderbabs:

Lol... South sudan, somalia, chad, Niger rep. , all doz poverty stricken countries wey resemble Nigeria na... Dey go b our customers. cheesy

Benin Republic sef no go gree buy coz deir economy is far better off
Benin republic's economy better than Nigeria's? Guy stop deceiving yourself. You can't compare their economy to Lagos' economy. the difference is clear.
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by thunderbabs: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2018
Rajosh:
Benin republic's economy better than Nigeria's? Guy stop deceiving yourself. You can't compare their economy to Lagos' economy. the difference is clear.

My broda, you wont xstand. I hear yoi
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by olawonder(m): 9:15am On Jul 31, 2018
$10k gets u work permit in any strong EU country, live there legally for 5yrs and u get her citizenship... so why spend so much, with heavy taxes obligations?
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by kelish(f): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2018
handsomeyinka:
How about nigeria?
you dey ask again, na free na
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by JUSTINSMOG: 11:16am On Jul 31, 2018
Emmafe:
When you add USA to the list call me.

Samsung phones lover, check my Signature
08168043663..if you do sell Samsung phones plz call me..need one urgently..waiting for your call
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by handsomeyinka(m): 12:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
kelish:

you dey ask again, na free na
Lol...
Re: These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You by LagosWharf: 8:10pm On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

lol Nigerians, you tire me with your usual narrow minded ways....

bro, EDUCATE yourself so i dont have to do it for you. check the E2 visa requirements and thank me later.

The E2 visa is only available to people from countries that the US has investment treaty with. That is why it is called E2 treaty visa. Your unfortunate country is not part of the investment treaty. Again go and read directly from US government website and stop recycling what you sell to people as fake visa agents.

E2 treaty visa information
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/e-2-treaty-investors

US Treaty Countries
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/treaty.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Donors For The Construction Of Imo Airport In 1983 / Nigerian In Russia-my Experience So Far / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.