Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,600 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... (4559 Views)

If You Are In Position Of Joseph, Can You Accept Mary Has Your Wife ? / 30% Of US Evangelicals Does Not Believe That Jesus Is God, Survey Says / Lying Evangelicals On Trump's Re - Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
solite3:
if you have Jesus as your mediator in heaven why do you need another mediatrix?
actually I don't need any other, Truth is I can pray all alone, every day, but the Christianity Jesus Christ the mediator established, isn't just personal, it is also communal.

so even though I can pray alone , ( and I do that most often) I love and cherish praying in the company of other believers.

I know I can approach the throne of grace with Jesus the mediator standing for me... (it is good and I do it often), I also enjoy approaching the throne of grace with the mediator and members of his body....

it is not either/or, it is both/and.

2 Likes

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

There is nothing like propaganda here. Show me were the early church and its leaders in there letters encouraged such doctrine the Catholic church are practising today.

This holy men never mentioned Mary in all their epistle they wrote to the saints of God which, Mary was also part of.
which "early church leaders"?
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
which "early church leaders"?

John, Peter, Paul, Jude etc. This guys wrote letters to the churches.

Catholic claim that Peter was their first Pope. But Peter in his letter never made any devotion, or encouraged those he was writing to, to make any devotion to Mary. Or did he?

2 Likes

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by MosesAlex: 7:34pm On Aug 03, 2018
donnie:

All this epistle is just so you can worship the woman you folks have tried to elevate to the status of God almighty... or even higher.

You don't worship them, you only bow down to them, and kneel before them, and kiss their feet, and offer prayers to them. Okay, continu undecided

Compared to God, Mary is less that an atom, but He has been pleased to exalt her (Luke 1:42-52).

Who do think David is prophesying about in Psalm 45:10-17. Interestingly compare Psalm 45:17 with Luke 1:48

Ps 45:10-17
10 Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention:
Forget your people and your father’s house.
11 Let the king be enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord.
12 The city of Tyre will come with a gift,[d]
people of wealth will seek your favor.
13 All glorious is the princess within her chamber;
her gown is interwoven with gold.
14 In embroidered garments she is led to the king;
her virgin companions follow her—
those brought to be with her.
15 Led in with joy and gladness,
they enter the palace of the king.

16 Your sons will take the place of your fathers;
you will make them princes throughout the land.

17 I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;
therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Luke 1: 48
---
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by donnie(m): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2018
MosesAlex:

Compared to God, Mary is less that an atom, but He has been pleased to exalt her (Luke 1:42-52).

Who do think David is prophesying about in Psalm 45:10-17. Interestingly compare Psalm 45:17 with Luke 1:48

---
From now on all generations will call me blessed.

So in your mind, this is Mary? ...SMH undecided
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by MosesAlex: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2018
donnie:

So in your mind, this is Mary? ...SMH undecided

I showed corresponding scriptures Ps 45:17 and Lk 1:48.

See bros,

The church is the body of Christ and Christ is its head (Colossians 1:18)

It should not surprise that the mother of the Head is also the mother of the body (Rev 12:17)

And if the Head honours his Mother (Ephesians 6:2), His body(the Church) would do same! " All generations would call her blessed" Lk 1:48.
I will perpetuate your memory through all generations;

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Ghost, understood and exclaimed in Luke 1: 42-43
…42In a loud voice she exclaimed, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! 43And why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Now this is someone who we all know was truly filled with the Holy Ghost. Some today would be annoyed with honour to Mary from Elizabeth inspired by the Holy Ghost.
My dear, it is the plan of heaven that all generation would call her blessed. It is the plan of Heaven that she would be honoured by the Church that is filled with the same Holy Ghost.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 7:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

John, Peter, Paul, Jude etc. This guys wrote letters to the churches.

Catholic claim that Peter was their first Pope. But Peter in his letter never made any devotion, or encouraged those he was writing to, to make any devotion to Mary. Or did he?

funny enough Peter didn't teach the Trinity either, we had to glean through the entire new testament to get that?

you won't hear any of them saying worship the holy spirit either but we all do, guess where we got that from?

that again

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
funny enough Peter didn't teach the Trinity either, we had to glean through the entire new testament to get that?

you won't hear any of them saying worship the holy spirit either but we all do, guess where we got that from?

that again

The sign is there for everybody to see. Though they didn't specifically mention God as a trinity but they portrayed God as a three dimensional in One( Father, Son, Spirit ).

Where did you guys glean your own devotion to Mary from? NB: The church began after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and not before. So also the New Tastament.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by MosesAlex: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
solite3:

intercession in heaven is for only Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Is there a place for intercession by members of the body of Christ in your understanding of Christianity?
(e.g Acts 12: 5 -- So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.)

Please consider verse 53
Matthew 27:50-53 New International Version (NIV)
50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Even Many Holy people who had died appeared to many people.

What is the business of holy people who had died with the living ? Am sure this sounds very Catholic to you wink?

(Luke 9:28-36 & Luke 15:7) It is all about the communion of saints. Death does not separate the holy ones from Christ or His body the Church.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
Ubenedictus:
actually I don't need any other, Truth is I can pray all alone, every day, but the Christianity Jesus Christ the mediator established, isn't just personal, it is also communal.

so even though I can pray alone , ( and I do that most often) I love and cherish praying in the company of other believers.

I know I can approach the throne of grace with Jesus the mediator standing for me... (it is good and I do it often), I also enjoy approaching the throne of grace with the mediator and members of his body....

it is not either/or, it is both/and.
the Christianity Jesus establish? what is Christianity to you?
you don't need a mediator to approach the throne of grace. it is unbiblical to say otherwise.
the bible said come boldly to the throne of grace not plead for some saints to help you.
only living saints on earth can intercede for anyone not dead saints.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 03, 2018
MosesAlex:

Is there a place for intercession by members of the body of Christ in your understanding of Christianity?
(e.g Acts 12: 5 -- So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.)

Please consider verse 53
Matthew 27:50-53 New International Version (NIV)
50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.

51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Even Many Holy people who had died appeared to many people.

What is the business of holy people who had died with the living ? Am sure this sounds very Catholic to you wink?

(Luke 9:28-36 & Luke 15:7) It is all about the communion of saints. Death does not separate the holy ones from Christ or His body the Church.
this your post is unrelated with the issue at stake.
the bible did not say spirits appeared to people but that we when Jesus resurrected the old testament saints also resurrected because Christ went to the grave to set them free.
they didn't appear to people to pray for them.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by UbiPetrus: 10:14am On Aug 04, 2018
Jesse01:
they do pray to God through Mary .holy Mary ,Mother of God,Pray for us
sinners now,And at the hour of death. Amen
Catholics do not pray through Mary. They pray with Mary.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by MosesAlex: 12:23pm On Aug 04, 2018
solite3:
this your post is unrelated with the issue at stake.
the bible did not say spirits appeared to people but that we when Jesus resurrected the old testament saints also resurrected because Christ went to the grave to set them free.
they didn't appear to people to pray for them.
Is that what the bible said?
Mt 27:52-53 again
52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

My point here is that there was a business (our Father's business) between many holy people who had died with those who were still alive for they appeared to them.

And I want to believe that some would as Jacob when he wrestled with an angel and said I would not let you go, unless you bless me.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
MosesAlex:

Is that what the bible said?
Mt 27:52-53 again
52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
their bodies not Spirit
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by sonmvayina(m): 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2018
MosesAlex:

---
for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Hmm, I just read the whole of that Psalm... It is about Inanna..
Hmm, I am beginning to think she was marduk consort... Now it now makes perfect sense to me..
Well, she is also Mary in the Christian religion and the Queen of heaven..
But most stories says she is Marduk enemy...
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by MosesAlex: 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
sonmvayina:

Hmm, I just read the whole of that Psalm... It is about Inanna..
Hmm, I am beginning to think she was marduk consort... Now it now makes perfect sense to me..
Well, she is also Mary in the Christian religion and the Queen of heaven..
But most stories says she is Marduk enemy...
What is your religion again?
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by sonmvayina(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2018
MosesAlex:

What is your religion again?

Religion? I don't do that anymore... Just read wide to know how life works... And just do a comparison of different cultures to know what they actually believe..
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

The sign is there for everybody to see. Though they didn't specifically mention God as a trinity but they portrayed God as a three dimensional in One( Father, Son, Spirit ).

Where did you guys glean your own devotion to Mary from? NB: The church began after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and not before. So also the New Tastament.
the signs are also there for all to see, the apostles didn't write "devotion to Mary" but they clearly showed that she was exceptionally graced and because of that grace all generation will honor her as blessed Luke 1. it is that which we (all ancient Christian churches both Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, Oriental, Copts,) continue to do till date.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
solite3:
the Christianity Jesus establish? what is Christianity to you?
you don't need a mediator to approach the throne of grace. it is unbiblical to say otherwise.
the bible said come boldly to the throne of grace not plead for some saints to help you.
only living saints on earth can intercede for anyone not dead saints.

actually the only reason you have access to the throne of grace is because you come through Jesus the mediator, you need him to approach the throne of grace.

seems you lack comprehension, go back and read my previous reply, I always come to the throne of grace boldly but I also enjoy doing that in the company of other Christians.

sorry there is no such thing as a dead saint, that is unbiblical.

Luke 20:38

He is not the God of the dead, but of the living,
for to him all are alive."

the body of Christ is one, there is no division in that body.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
Ubenedictus:

actually the only reason you have access to the throne of grace is because you come through Jesus the mediator, you need him to approach the throne of grace.

seems you lack comprehension, go back and read my previous reply, I always come to the throne of grace boldly but I also enjoy doing that in the company of other Christians.

sorry there is no such thing as a dead saint, that is unbiblical.

the body of Christ is one, there is no division in that body.
in fact Christ is the only one qualified to intercede or mediate.

Mary or any other saints are not qualified to intercede in heaven.

Revelation 5:2-4 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Hebrews 4:15-16 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

@bold, there are dead saints according to the verse below

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Ubenedictus(m): 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2018
solite3:
in fact Christ is the only one qualified to intercede or mediate.

Mary or any other saints are not qualified to intercede in heaven.

Revelation 5:2-4 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?
And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Hebrews 4:15-16 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

@bold, there are dead saints according to the verse below

1 Corinthians 15:52
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1. not a single one of the passages you quoted said the saints can't intercede in heaven, in fact not one of them is relevant to the point.

2. of course there are physically dead people before men, not before God not in the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by Aizenosa(m): 12:56am On Aug 06, 2018
All this protestant nonsense causes headaches all the time, one small thing they find they are already at the execution stand pointing fingers and they don't know what happened self. Mtcheew
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by UbiPetrus: 10:30am On Aug 06, 2018
Ubenedictus:

1. not a single one of the passages you quoted said the saints can't intercede in heaven, in fact not one of them is relevant to the point.

2. of course there are physically dead people before men, not before God not in the spirit.

That portion of Scripture (Luke 20:38) is too deep for his understanding.

Bear with him.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
chiommy123:

how can someone turn the Bible upside down and read and still understand that's impossible. continue honouring/worshipping your mary

They surely didn't get that from the Bible. cool
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
doyinbaby:

The catholic church has used false doctrine to blind the eyes of many

May the Good Lord have mercy on them.

1 Like

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2018
MosesAlex:

It is quite interesting that in the picture shared there is a picture of the crucifix.

Why not find out what the Church teaches about the communion of saints. If one of your revered pastor comes around, many would turn up to see him/her hoping for some miracle. But when it comes to the mother of Jesus, you forget that the prayer of a righteous man availeth much( James 5:16)
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Now about the dead rising--have you not read in the Book of Moses, in the account of the burning bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'?He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"(Mark 12:26-27)

Do you hear Mary talk to you? undecided
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

It is well with the souls in Catholic(Marian) Church being led astray.

They pray to Mary but use Jesus to save face.

It is well in the well. shocked shocked

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2018
donnie:

What's this one saying? Did the crowds not turn up to listen to the apostles, Peter, Paul etc.

Should we now build their statues and worship them as you do Mary?

I don't think they get it since that part is missing from their Bibles.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:

nope, Catholics always pray to God through Jesus Christ our mediator we just enjoy doing it in company of other Christians.

Rather, you enjoy praying to the cloud of many witnesses instead of praying to the One and Only God.
Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2018
Ubenedictus:

I thought I will see a cross with Mary I should have known it is normal protestant propaganda.

Why do you have Jesus hanging on the Cross, don't you believe that He is no longer nailed to the Cross?

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

Christianity has its origins in the cult of Inanna the Goddess of death, destruction, fertility.. Etc, she is the queen of heaven mention in the book of Jeremiah..
Men, kneed the dough, children fetch the woods and the women bake the bread to the queen of heaven.. It was that cult that metamorphosed into Christianity... The new testament are all forged documents..
She was given a new name in Christianity and to insult the almighty God (marduk) they said she has a son for him(jesus)
She is lucifer or the light bearer... Her end is coming soon..

Don't confuse the counterfeit with the original.

Re: Evangelicals Warn Mary Has Taken Jesus' Place On The Cross..... by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2018
solite3:

Roman catholic church believes she is higher than the bible

That level of deception is deep only the Lord can deliver them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will We Still Believe In Jesus In These Situations? / Why Do Religious People Fight Science? / Exclusive Interview With Bishop David Oyedepo @ 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.